Nelson (resized).png
Andre (resized).png
dad_lg-min (resized).jpg
E497E3E8-872D-4DC9-B95B-17AFBD94F4D0 (resized).jpeg
23DC2D2F-A90E-4CA2-98A1-F19762374E3D (resized).jpeg
FDD39C64-5E43-4A2A-80EF-54E82F1F62E3 (resized).jpeg
Keanu (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 46,746 posts in this topic. You are on page 131 of 935.
#6501 4 years ago
Quoted from AxelBlonde:

After seeing Netflix The Witcher, I could see Stern make a Witcher pin in 2-3 years, could be a pretty cool theme. The show could last for 7 seasons, and numbers are pretty good for 1 month on the platform.
This year TMNT, Led Zeppelin would be my first guess. I would love to see Top Gun but that's my aviation passion talking.

I'd rather have a JJP Witcher. Just don't want the Stern cheap-o version. Seems like there's a LOT of content to film and even with a crappy budget, they managed to deliver a good show. Hopefully Season 2 that's just starting filming has a budget more in line with the massive viewership Season 1 is banging out. If they start now they can have a machine out between Seasons 2 and 3.

#6502 4 years ago

it should be illegal to post these pinball podcast videos and not just give the 2 sentence summary of what the 20 minute video is. ILLEGAL

#6503 4 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

it should be illegal to post these pinball podcast videos and not just give the 2 sentence summary of what the 20 minute video is. ILLEGAL

It says it in the title.

I'm mixed about those kind of videos as well, but the more content to choose from the better.

#6504 4 years ago
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#6505 4 years ago

As Twilight Zone was so popular I honestly wonder why Alfred Hitchcock was never given any love by the Licensing Department. Imagine the features. "Birds" Multiball, "Rear Window" ramp and "Vertigo" ramp feature like Dredds Sniper Tower. I'm sure Greg Freres would have a blast in the Art Department as well!

#6506 4 years ago
Quoted from ChiTownPinHead:

As Twilight Zone was so popular I honestly wonder why Alfred Hitchcock was never given any love by the Licensing Department. Imagine the features. "Birds" Multiball, "Rear Window" ramp and "Vertigo" ramp feature like Dredds Sniper Tower. I'm sure Greg Freres would have a blast in the Art Department as well!

Because you will never make a pin as good as TZ ever. That’s why.

#6507 4 years ago

Sincere apologies for harping on this subject.

I am OUT on any NEW STERN unless the cratering is sorted out.

Sorry, but I have seen enough and won't be part of sub standard playfields any more.

My Maiden LE is the last straw for me , No more.

I do not care what the theme is or how awesome the game might be, That's it, no more for me !

The problem needs to be addressed, Simple.

Ace it up please Stern Pinball

Rant off

Oh Edit, Decent metal ramp flaps that dont dent like Alfoil would be nice

#6508 4 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

Sorry, but I have seen enough and won't be part of sub standard playfields any more.
I do not care what the theme is or how awesome the game might be, That's it, no more for me !
Rant off

Nice rant. Your "sorry" in your second sentence is as lame as the rest of it.

#6509 4 years ago
Quoted from HarrieD:

Nice rant. Your "sorry" in your second sentence is as lame as the rest of it.

His " sorry " was in the third sentence you can tell by the previous full stops . ( this was one sentence )

#6510 4 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

His " sorry " was in the third sentence you can tell by the previous full stops . ( this was one sentence )

Thanks, that was an eye-opener.

#6511 4 years ago

Love that kid. He’s probably not a kid now. Wonder if he still likes turtles.

#6512 4 years ago
Quoted from RA77:

Rant off

No apology needed. Unfortunately it will take a lot of people actually doing this before Stern pays attention and actually fixes the problem.

#6513 4 years ago

HE’S BACK! Order your Stern Iron Man Pro Vault now from Flip N Out Pinball. $5699 and FREE Shipping

[email protected]

5E26454A-A185-4E37-ACD6-04FC53131C9C (resized).jpeg5E26454A-A185-4E37-ACD6-04FC53131C9C (resized).jpeg6BE5D7FA-E143-4425-BF1B-8923FE547E5A (resized).jpeg6BE5D7FA-E143-4425-BF1B-8923FE547E5A (resized).jpegCA1AA251-7BAB-4A81-92D7-38FAB08F3552 (resized).jpegCA1AA251-7BAB-4A81-92D7-38FAB08F3552 (resized).jpegD16503B5-8C97-4DE7-99C8-84EC95C7ABA5 (resized).jpegD16503B5-8C97-4DE7-99C8-84EC95C7ABA5 (resized).jpegE209CD34-B312-4C6E-AEFD-569A28AB9429 (resized).jpegE209CD34-B312-4C6E-AEFD-569A28AB9429 (resized).jpeg
#6514 4 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

HE’S BACK! Order your Stern Iron Man Pro Vault now from Flip N Out Pinball. $5699 and FREE Shipping
[email protected][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I'm NOT arguing with a distributor, but FYSA it still shows sold out on the Stern Webpage.

https://sternpinball.com/game/iron-man-vault-edition/

#6515 4 years ago

So what board set is the new vault IM running?

#6516 4 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

So what board set is the new vault IM running?

Likely still SAM. I'd be very surprised if it was Spike, because the first boardset conversion Spike vault will likely be LotR Vault.

#6517 4 years ago

Didn't stern do an IronMan vault 3 years ago? Is this a vault of a vault?

#6518 4 years ago
Quoted from luvthatapex2:

Didn't stern do an IronMan vault 3 years ago? Is this a vault of a vault?

Line manager: These Stranger Things sales are not performing as expected. The line will be short before TMNT is announced.
Gary Stern: What do we have enough parts laying around to make as a vault to plug the hole?
Line manager: Well, WWE and Iron Man...
Gary Stern: WWE? Are you kidding me? Stop bringing that up. Even I can't sell that crappy box of lights. We'll do another Iron Man vault. Get it done!

#6519 4 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

[email protected][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Wow, Nice sneak attack . Stern pulls out the weapons.

#6520 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Line manager: Well, WWE and Iron Man...

I'm pretty sure I heard some distributors still have nib WWEs

#6521 4 years ago
Quoted from fisherdaman:

I'm pretty sure I heard some distributors still have nib WWEs

I think those are LEs. But the joke was that Stern STILL has enough WWE parts hanging around to build a WWE vault.

On a related note, I'm not into wrestling AT ALL, but the Netflix "The Toys That Made Us" WWF/WWE episode is very entertaining. It was one of the last ones I watched because I just had no interest, but it turned out to be one of the best episodes because of the crazy stories of behind the scenes shenanigans.

#6522 4 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

I'm NOT arguing with a distributor, but FYSA it still shows sold out on the Stern Webpage.
https://sternpinball.com/game/iron-man-vault-edition/

New run of vaults in 3 weeks

#6523 4 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

New run of vaults in 3 weeks

So, that means Stranger Things Premium orders are very short and will be done by middle of Feb instead of the end?

#6524 4 years ago

Wha wha wha....

I guess most vaults are boring though.

#6525 4 years ago
Quoted from ZMeny:

Run a few TRON pros at those numbers will get the line moving for sure.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#6526 4 years ago

Cash grab is laughable, can't even do a new VE?

#6527 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Likely still SAM. I'd be very surprised if it was Spike, because the first SAM->Spike vault will likely be LotR Vault.

LOTR is whitestar not SAM

#6528 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Likely still SAM. I'd be very surprised if it was Spike, because the first SAM->Spike vault will likely be LotR Vault.

I don't see why they would do more SAM or Whitestar boards. It is costly. It would be better in the long run to convert to spike and then be able to support and continue moving forward with 1 board set.

Also it is IM...just like twd prototype on spike, I bet this is a spike vault to prove it.

LOTR...mmm I just don't see that unless people really want to pay $7500+ for lotr's...

#6529 4 years ago
Quoted from Raegor:

LOTR is whitestar not SAM

D'oh, of course. Corrected.

#6530 4 years ago

Worst Stern for years being vaulted.
Hmmmm

#6531 4 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

I don't see why they would do more SAM or Whitestar boards. It is costly. It would be better in the long run to convert to spike and then be able to support and continue moving forward with 1 board set.
Also it is IM...just like twd prototype on spike, I bet this is a spike vault to prove it.
LOTR...mmm I just don't see that unless people really want to pay $7500+ for lotr's...

Color screen, higher res graphics (à la CGC remakes), built-in shaker motor support, LED RGB lighting, better sound, better resolution playfield and cabinet art printing, much newer components. LOTS of people would pay the going rate (or less) a nice Whitestar LotR is going for these days to get that. That used market is in the $7000 and up class these days for the regular ones with LEs going for $8-10k. It would be the most successful vault Stern ever did, probably selling more than a bunch of vaults did combined.

#6532 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Color screen, higher res, built-in shaker motor support, better sound, better resolution playfield and cabinet art printing, much newer components. I think people would pay the going rate (or less) a nice Whitestar LotR is going for these days to get that. That used market is in the $7000 and up class these days. It would be the most successful vault Stern ever did, probably selling more than a bunch of vaults did combined.

Based on what though? I mean you have pinside screaming all sorts of things, but when they are offered X, barely anyone ponies up the bucks.

Vaults are not getting color screens, they've all had the DMD per their original sale. That imo would be considered a remake. The market is nuts now, so maybe it could support an over priced lotr. But I've heard rumors for YEARS of a tron and lotr vault....I said f it and didn't sell my tron and bought a lotr because I wanted the game(s) and these rumors are ridiculous sometimes. I don't think the used lotr market is 7k unless you are talking ultra amazing perfect condition with every mod? Mine wasn't that much and I've seen them sell for less and more. This is the same as tv shows and movies, where the hardcore people want another movie or another season, but the creators need to know when to say no, it is over and let it be remembered and nostalgic. The game is great, they do go for sale, let it be and buy one or move on to another game

#6533 4 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Based on what though? I mean you have pinside screaming all sorts of things, but when they are offered X, barely anyone ponies up the bucks.

CGC has done very well getting people to pony up the bucks by adding value to the remakes beyond what the games originally had.

Vaults are not getting color screens, they've all had the DMD per their original sale. That imo would be considered a remake. The market is nuts now, so maybe it could support an over priced lotr. But I've heard rumors for YEARS of a tron and lotr vault....I said f it and didn't sell my tron and bought a lotr because I wanted the game(s) and these rumors are ridiculous sometimes. I don't think the used lotr market is 7k unless you are talking ultra amazing perfect condition with every mod? Mine wasn't that much and I've seen them sell for less and more. This is the same as tv shows and movies, where the hardcore people want another movie or another season, but the creators need to know when to say no, it is over and let it be remembered and nostalgic. The game is great, they do go for sale, let it be and buy one or move on to another game

Ok, maybe it'll be called something other than a vault, but that's essentially what Spike LotR will be. For the sake of simplicity, vault is the easiest thing to call it.

I'm not comparing busted-ass LotR prices to a brand new enhanced vault, but even broke-ass LotRs go for 5k-ish. Nice regular ones are 7k and up, and LEs go for $8-10k or more. When you see secondary market pricing like that, it's an opportunity - CGC has made a whole business out of it.

Gomez isn't stupid. He's seen the prices going crazy over time, and that pin is his baby, so an enhanced Spike LotR vault would be a great success, especially in light of the dud sales year Stern had in 2019 and the really poor start for 2020 with Stranger Things underperforming and a surprise re-vault that literally NO ONE was looking for. That, and the new very expensive LotR Amazon series coming. The marketing synergy will be about as perfect as you could want if you're Stern and have a revered game with a proven ruleset you can upgrade to refresh it and sell along with the show launch.

#6534 4 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

If cgc can redo wms games for 6k, I am sure stern could do lotr. I'm sure the licensing for lotr could be an issue. I think if they did the 3 game format with rgb lights big display and better looking toys on the se and le people would throw money at them.

#6535 4 years ago
Quoted from freeplay3:

If cgc can redo wms games for 6k, I am sure stern could do lotr. I'm sure the licensing for lotr could be an issue. I think if they did the 3 game format with rgb lights big display and better looking toys on the se and le people would throw money at them.

CGC sells more than just pinball, so they can afford to not have as much profit. Mostly non licensed games and CGC is doing everything in house, which I know stern finally is for most things. CGC base price on afm is $6500, right?

With the licensing and having to get the voice and likenesses of everyone involved in that film....you think it is going to happen? Man that is going to be like batman 66 pricing.... And a 15k lotr makes sense doing a full lcd, otherwise your vault is going to have a dmd... and when you go LCD, it is all new assets. So now Stern is paying again to have more assets created etc. And at that point it is more of a corner stone and you better sell thousands of games to recoup that cost. LOTR doesn't make sense financially to remake, unless licensing is a one small purchase.

#6536 4 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

CGC sells more than just pinball, so they can afford to not have as much profit. Mostly non licensed games and CGC is doing everything in house, which I know stern finally is for most things. CGC base price on afm is $6500, right?
With the licensing and having to get the voice and likenesses of everyone involved in that film....you think it is going to happen? Man that is going to be like batman 66 pricing.... And a 15k lotr makes sense doing a full lcd, otherwise your vault is going to have a dmd... and when you go LCD, it is all new assets. So now Stern is paying again to have more assets created etc. And at that point it is more of a corner stone and you better sell thousands of games to recoup that cost. LOTR doesn't make sense financially to remake, unless licensing is a one small purchase.

Stern had the LotR license before, and the contracts in media around 2000 were WAY different than what's happened in the last 10 years, so likely it's a rollup packaged license, just like the first time and simply has to be renewed. You're overthinking this.

#6537 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Ok, maybe it'll be called something other than a vault, but that's essentially what Spike LotR will be. For the sake of simplicity, vault is the easiest thing to call it.
I'm not comparing busted-ass LotR prices to a brand new enhanced vault, but even broke-ass LotRs go for 5k-ish. Nice regular ones are 7k and up, and LEs go for $8-10k or more. When you see secondary market pricing like that, it's an opportunity - CGC has made a whole business out of it.
Gomez isn't stupid. He's seen the prices going crazy over time, and that pin is his baby, so an enhanced Spike LotR vault would be a great success, especially in light of the dud sales year Stern had in 2019 and the really poor start for 2020 with Stranger Things underperforming and a surprise re-vault that literally NO ONE was looking for. That, and the new very expensive LotR Amazon series coming. The marketing synergy will be about as perfect as you could want if you're Stern and have a revered game with a proven ruleset you can upgrade to refresh it and sell along with the show launch.

I think financially they are better off making a new LOTR based off the tv show with all new art/assets and reuse the old pf layout, or use it and change it. It is not worth it to remake/vault the current lotr.

#6538 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Stern had the LotR license before, and the contracts in media around 2000 were WAY different than what's happened in the last 10 years, so likely it's a rollup packaged license, just like the first time and simply has to be renewed. You're overthinking this.

I'm not sure about that TAF was in the 90's? And their likeness is very tight hence the no remake with a few of the actors. I may be over thinking but I run a business and there are reasons there are not vaults of many games it isn't easy.

#6539 4 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

I think financially they are better off making a new LOTR based off the tv show with all new art/assets and reuse the old pf layout, or use it and change it. It is not worth it to remake/vault the current lotr.

But a new design is new risk. Look at all the dud releases Stern has had in the last 24 months. Besides all the time and money it would require that the Spike LotR wouldn't, a new LotR design is not a safe bet to be a hit. The existing machine and software are proven and well-received. The secondary market prices are crazy. A Spike LotR is extremely low risk and will sell a TON of machines. And once that happens, THEN the likelihood of a new sequel based on the Amazon prequels is more likely. First things first.

#6540 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

But a new design is new risk. Look at all the dud releases Stern has had in the last 24 months. Besides all the time and money it would require that the Spike LotR wouldn't, a new LotR design is not a safe bet to be a hit. The existing machine and software are proven and well-received. The secondary market prices are crazy. A Spike LotR is extremely low risk and will sell a TON of machines. And once that happens, THEN the likelihood of a new sequel based on the Amazon prequels is more likely. First things first.

Eh, 7k? that isn't too crazy yet. I mean if they thought that was crazy, they'd remake their classic line as seawitch and such are climbing to stupid money too $15k for a MM is crazy. and you can tell because CGC sold MM le for 8500 and had no issue then all others after dropped in price. So if the new lotr has no figures, ramps are not gold, dmd, but ran spike and was at $7500 aka premium pricing, do you think it would sell still? Unless they find the action figures again, they'd have to make new ones.

#6541 4 years ago

IM is a weird pin to do now. I don't remember it selling like crazy when they vaulted it the first time. Price is too high for it too. I just bought a Jurassic Park Pro in like new condition for $4700, IM for $1k more? Nope.

Also, it's actually been longer between now and the last vault, than between the original release and the first vault. Now I feel old.

#6542 4 years ago

Stranger Things was not selling so Stern had extra Iron Man parts to fill the line before TMNT.

This just in, Stranger Things is a dud.

#6543 4 years ago

Plant Vagina scared me off Stranger Things.

#6544 4 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

Plant Vagina scared me off Stranger Things.

A hole's a hole man.

#6545 4 years ago

LOL the vault that absolutely nobody was asking for.

#6546 4 years ago

Dammit, I would love a Vault GB though...

#6547 4 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

LOL the vault that absolutely nobody was asking for.

People would have lost their minds if it was a Tron vault.

#6548 4 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

Dammit, I would love a Vault GB though...

There are still GB's out there at distributors. Call Automated up and ask...

#6549 4 years ago

Tron could be expensive from Disney as they have a few bills to pay building this gem of a ride!

0DCA90EE-D1B6-4C55-8594-19DBFD679468 (resized).jpeg0DCA90EE-D1B6-4C55-8594-19DBFD679468 (resized).jpeg
#6550 4 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

I know that licensing for products is stupid complicated. Also base price on cgc standard is 6k now. I'm sure they could dust off the old contract. It's not like they are asking actors to do custom call outside or redoing any art work. With the new show coming out, they maybe reluctant to merchandise the old and want to push for the new.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 300.00
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Playfield - Protection
Gameroom Mods

$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 17.50
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

12,900 (OBO)
$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RavSpec

$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

$ 225.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 12.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 51.45
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballGeek

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Seattle, WA
$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Scranton, PA
$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 80.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

7,760 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Greensboro, NC
$ 9,799.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

There are 46,746 posts in this topic. You are on page 131 of 935.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine/page/131 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.