Screenshot_20240423_152310_Samsung Internet (resized).jpg
IMG_2020 (resized).jpeg
20240423_100836 (resized).jpg
20240423_100825 (resized).jpg
20240423_100718 (resized).jpg
20240423_100723 (resized).jpg
Whoa (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 47,082 posts in this topic. You are on page 130 of 942.
#6451 4 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Could we see a new pin from Stern sooner than expected? From what’s being banged around 2019 wasn’t a great year for Stern, which might explain why Stranger Things was rushed out before the end of the year.
Munsters wasn’t a sales hit, yeah the LEs sold out fast but the colour premium was a shot at trying to boost sales. BK3 wasn’t massive either, Elvira didn’t light a fire under Stern like they probably hoped it would have and Stranger Things threads are unusually quiet!
JP2 seems to be the only real hit Stern had in 2019 and they didn’t build enough to keep up with demand, so if sales are low on 2019 titles could we see a new release sooner? We all know Stern release games to keep the line moving that’s their one and only goal.

Didn‘t they announce they had the best year again?

They certainly didn‘t see the need for a Vault to keep the line going.

So all in all I‘d say pure subjective conjecure.

#6452 4 years ago
Quoted from V8haha:

I’m 99% confident TMNT is next! I’m thinking early March

You're 'livin on a prayer' based on pinside rumours ....

#6453 4 years ago

How about Ozzy Osbourne doesnt he deserve a pinball?

#6454 4 years ago
Quoted from Wakky:

Spill it or kill it. Enough with the Bon Jovi posts.

#6455 4 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Could we see a new pin from Stern sooner than expected? From what’s being banged around 2019 wasn’t a great year for Stern, which might explain why Stranger Things was rushed out before the end of the year.
Munsters wasn’t a sales hit, yeah the LEs sold out fast but the colour premium was a shot at trying to boost sales. BK3 wasn’t massive either, Elvira didn’t light a fire under Stern like they probably hoped it would have and Stranger Things threads are unusually quiet!
JP2 seems to be the only real hit Stern had in 2019 and they didn’t build enough to keep up with demand, so if sales are low on 2019 titles could we see a new release sooner? We all know Stern release games to keep the line moving that’s their one and only goal.

I don't know...
I think Elvira was pretty successful for Stern. The LE's sold out quickly. And I think there is a healthy premium sales from it. It wasn't a cornerstone release. So I think they should be very happy with the sales. And I wouldn't be surprised if the break even or profit margin was factored into solely the LE sales. That would be how I would try to budget my pins. Then the sales of the prems and pros would just be added gravy. And yes. I know... No pros for Elvira.

Stranger Things. Is the prem and LE out yet? I think most people might be waiting for that model. Or at least to see how the projector goes. That is a cool idea. Could be S@$@, but its a cool idea, and could really make the game amazing.

#6456 4 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

Stranger Things. Is the prem and LE out yet?

LEs start shipping next week. Premiums around the end of Feb.

#6457 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

LEs start shipping next week. Premiums around the end of Feb.

Has there been an LE reveal yet?
I am curious and want to see how it works.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#6458 4 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

Has there been an LE reveal yet?
I am curious and want to see how it works.

It's basically the Premium with some extra trim (purple armor + art blades + speaker hoo-hah), a shaker motor, some signatures, mirrored backglass (probably faked, maybe real?),and invisiglass. If you've seen the premium, you've essentially seen the LE.
Stranger_Things_LE.jpgStranger_Things_LE.jpg

#6459 4 years ago
Quoted from Wakky:

Hmmm i disagree money has changed hands

#6460 4 years ago
Quoted from V8haha:

Did the other hand have 2 fingers and a thumb...possibly green?

#6461 4 years ago

I see your cryptic response and raise you another cryptic response.

Just tell us what you heard and something about your source that shows reliability without outright identifying them nobody gives a shit

#6462 4 years ago
Quoted from V8haha:

Which hands left or right?

#6463 4 years ago

TMNT should be next out ... the distributor lists have started

#6464 4 years ago

My distributor corrected his statement... no 500$ increase due to maritime extra costs but rather 30-50$ increase..
Still it's a price increase, + the 100$ that Stern added since a few months.

Imho... the only stern hit from 2019 to me (and worth it) is JP..
I've changed my attitude over the last year from huge interest on a every new release towards 'if the software isn't complete or lacking significant parts I won't even bother..' JP wasn't finished on release I know, but at least if felt solid.

#6465 4 years ago

See the new Insta post from stern? There is a ninja turtle in the art and their response to a comment is perfect. TMNT is next and deposits are being taken

#6466 4 years ago
Quoted from V8haha:

¿Ves la nueva publicación de Insta desde popa? Hay una tortuga ninja en el arte y su respuesta a un comentario es perfecta. TMNT es el siguiente y se están tomando depósitos

Where?

#6467 4 years ago
stern (resized).pngstern (resized).png
#6468 4 years ago

TOITLES???

#6469 4 years ago

Turtles would be fun; it won't be hard to improve on the Data East original. Maybe Stern will finally break their self-imposed ban on subways?

#6470 4 years ago

I would like to see a funko pop machine. Story line is a collector just starting out and showing up to a comic con or a toy con and starts going booth to booth collecting pops. What ya think?

#6471 4 years ago
Quoted from Wakecamp:

I would like to see a funko pop machine. Story line is a collector just starting out and showing up to a comic con or a toy con and starts going booth to booth collecting pops. What ya think?

I think its not bad. I would like to see more unlicensed themes like back in the day.

#6472 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

I think its not bad. I would like to see more unlicensed themes like back in the day.

Everyone always says they want more unlicensed themes, but then everyone ends up bitching when unlicensed themes come out (ex: Dialed In & Oktoberfest).

#6474 4 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

By all accounts, 2019 was a banner year for Stern.

#6475 4 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

By all accounts, 2019 was a banner year for Stern.

Not according to the distributors I usually use. "Meh" sales year at best. Maybe in Europe?

#6476 4 years ago

After seeing Netflix The Witcher, I could see Stern make a Witcher pin in 2-3 years, could be a pretty cool theme. The show could last for 7 seasons, and numbers are pretty good for 1 month on the platform.

This year TMNT, Led Zeppelin would be my first guess. I would love to see Top Gun but that's my aviation passion talking.

#6477 4 years ago
Quoted from JustEverett:

Everyone always says they want more unlicensed themes, but then everyone ends up bitching when unlicensed themes come out (ex: Dialed In & Oktoberfest).

Dialed In gets a lot of praise from what I have heard.. Oktoberfest just doesnt look very good imo. Never played so not sure

#6478 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Dialed In gets a lot of praise from what I have heard.. Oktoberfest just doesnt look very good imo. Never played so not sure

DI does get a lot of praise...for the game play. A majority of people just despise the theme, which is what my post was in reference to. I was strictly talking theme. I for one love DI but hate the theme.

#6479 4 years ago
Quoted from JustEverett:

DI does get a lot of praise...for the game play. A majority of people just despise the theme, which is what my post was in reference to. I was strictly talking theme. I for one love DI but hate the theme.

Ahhh gotcha. Im not thrilled with the theme either. Have not had a chance to play one...

#6480 4 years ago

Personally still haven’t even come across an Oktoberfest to play yet but I do love that theme and the look of everything. Reminds me of 80s/90s Bally williams

#6481 4 years ago
Quoted from JustEverett:

I‘d even object to this, the „disaster city“ theme is ok but these characters...

Imagine it‘d be a bit more dramatic and your actions more heroicly presented and all‘d be good

#6482 4 years ago

Using a show’s popularity isn’t a good basis for picking a theme. Take Breaking Bad for instance. Huge following and it has reached cult status. Stern will not do a pin based on Meth Chefs or Drug Kingpins. The show was good but nothing lends itself towards being half-way exciting enough for pinball. Sure you can make rules based on events but that would not be enjoyable. I am surprised Stern picked such a snoozer title as STh, although I enjoy it in spite of theme. Remember popularity alone does not equal a good theme. Now back to your regular scheduled programming.

#6483 4 years ago

Huey Lewis " The power of Love" Heart on pinball. Back to the Future song.....

Probably nothing.

#6484 4 years ago
Quoted from chad:

Huey Lewis " The power of Love" Heart on pinball. Back to the Future song.....
Probably nothing.

Could be Care Bears haha.

A new BTTF would be the ultimate game changer though. Total must have.

#6485 4 years ago

And all I wanted was to get a my little Pony pin for my daughter. Never happened.

#6486 4 years ago
Quoted from AxelBlonde:

After seeing Netflix The Witcher, I could see Stern make a Witcher pin in 2-3 years, could be a pretty cool theme. The show could last for 7 seasons, and numbers are pretty good for 1 month on the platform.
This year TMNT, Led Zeppelin would be my first guess. I would love to see Top Gun but that's my aviation passion talking.

Top Gun to come out with Top Gun Part 2. I would buy it. Aviation Crazy here.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#6487 4 years ago
Quoted from Pwaka1986:

Personally still haven’t even come across an Oktoberfest to play yet but I do love that theme and the look of everything. Reminds me of 80s/90s Bally williams

It is…with the exception of the scoring. I think that ends up throwing a lot of people since the game has a very arcade like side that is different from most pins.

Very cool game, but most of my tournament players do not like it.

#6488 4 years ago
Quoted from AxelBlonde:

Agree. Monsters and magic make for a great table. Mix of Theater of Magic and Medieval Madness. Also get the rights to Henry Cavill saying "f&ck" when the ball drains.

#6489 4 years ago

Dream License List Probably showing my age here but---

BTTF, Jaws, Goonies, Die Hard, Predator

#6490 4 years ago
Quoted from Luckdragon100:

Dream License List Probably showing my age here but---
BTTF, Jaws, Goonies, Die Hard, Predator

I saw the one predator in a video, sad it never happened. I will take aliens any day. I need a bigger room.

The game room in chicago has them next to each other...I need to go on the next expo.

#6491 4 years ago
Quoted from Royale-W-Cheese:

I saw the one predator in a video, sad it never happened. I will take aliens any day. I need a bigger room.
The game room in chicago has them next to each other...I need to go on the next expo.

Was watching some videos on that old Predator. A couple cool ideas, like the UV / infrared, but seems like it could be improved a ton.

#6492 4 years ago

Please be Ninja Turtles!

#6493 4 years ago
Quoted from Luckdragon100:

Was watching some videos on that old Predator. A couple cool ideas, like the UV / infrared, but seems like it could be improved a ton.

The topper of all toppers. lol

#6494 4 years ago
Quoted from JustEverett:

Quoted from DS_Nadine:

I‘d even object to this, the „disaster city“ theme is ok but these characters...
Imagine it‘d be a bit more dramatic and your actions more heroicly presented and all‘d be good

I kinda like the theme because it reminds me of Sim City, or at least the parts of Sim City when you respond to disasters. I think the game could easily have been adjusted slightly and given a Sim City theme. You could call it "Sim City: Disaster Response" or something like that.

#6496 4 years ago

Pizza !!!!!!!!

#6497 4 years ago

The art style of that thumbnail for the video would be acceptable and cool at least i think so.

#6498 4 years ago

I think the art will look even better than that - it was one that I thought looked good though.

#6499 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Not according to the distributors I usually use. "Meh" sales year at best. Maybe in Europe?

Your distributors are a small piece of a larger pie.

#6500 4 years ago
Quoted from Sinestro:

Your distributors are a small piece of a larger pie.

They generally have enough in the crust to know if the pie is warm.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 19.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Space Coast Pinball

$ 24.95
Lighting - Other
The MOD Couple

$ 12.95
6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Yonkers, NY
$ 16.50
$ 29.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

6,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Grindstone, PA
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 80.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Reflex Mods

Machine - For Sale
Anderson, SC
$ 50.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Balls of Steel LLC

$ 150.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades

$ 60.00
Hardware
Pin Parts

$ 15.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 10,499.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal

Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Moravia, NY
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods

$ 75.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
FlipMods

$ 130.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 47,082 posts in this topic. You are on page 130 of 942.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine/page/130?hl=sinestro and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.