IMG_2624 (resized).jpeg
Nelson (resized).png
Andre (resized).png
dad_lg-min (resized).jpg
E497E3E8-872D-4DC9-B95B-17AFBD94F4D0 (resized).jpeg
23DC2D2F-A90E-4CA2-98A1-F19762374E3D (resized).jpeg
FDD39C64-5E43-4A2A-80EF-54E82F1F62E3 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 46,770 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 936.
#551 7 years ago
Quoted from Darth_Chris:

The only themes who are almost instant buy for me are Star Wars

Me too!
need to know more.

#552 7 years ago
Quoted from burningman:

Maybe W-A-T-C-H?

I was keen for a Stern Pulp Fiction...even over Star Wars and Iron Maiden, but someone said to me that they thought another company had the license. Can anyone else chime in on the current state of the Pulp Fiction rumour?

#553 7 years ago

Maybe the 5 mystery standups on that playfield spell T-R-U-M-P! Wouldn't that be a conversation pin!

#554 7 years ago
Quoted from ahdelarge:

Pulp Fiction rumour?

I recall reading a rumor long ago that Pulp Fiction might be DP's next game that follows up the Big Lebowski. I haven't heard anything about it lately though.

#555 7 years ago
Quoted from taz:

I recall reading a rumor long ago that Pulp Fiction might be DP's next game that follows up the Big Lebowski. I haven't heard anything about it lately though.

Yeah, that was what I was told also....and Lebowski hasn't even shipped to everyone yet? Groan....

#556 7 years ago

I would say , if they get the rights, an ABBA pinball would appeal to mostly everyone. A good theme to operate.

#557 7 years ago
Quoted from The_Glimmerman:

I would say , if they get the rights, an ABBA pinball would appeal to mostly everyone. A good theme to operate.

Yeah, I'm just imagining it now. Alone in my games room late at night and Dancing Queen multiball comes on. Tears streaming down my face...having the time of my life....

#558 7 years ago
Quoted from taz:

Quoted from ahdelarge:

Yeah, that was what I was told also....and Lebowski hasn't even shipped to everyone yet? Groan....

I don't think DP is doing PF

#559 7 years ago

Keeping Up with the Kardashians. All the balls will be black.

#560 7 years ago

Didn't they say they are working on Hello Kitty?

#561 7 years ago
Quoted from EricHadley:

Didn't they say they are working on Hello Kitty?

2016 April fools. However MLP (my little pony) is the rumored to be in the works.

1 week later
#562 7 years ago

Finally found Iron Maiden by Stern!

IMG_6217 (resized).JPGIMG_6217 (resized).JPG

#563 7 years ago

I can't see JJP doing Star Wars, BTTF or Pulp Fiction. They are more likely to do The Chipmunks, Chitty Chitty Bang Bang or The Little Prince. They are the best pinball manufacturer out there but their choice of titles just doesn't make me think they really care about what collectors covet. Or maybe they took some risks and just missed the mark, kindof like when DE chose Last Action Hero or when Sega chose Maverick to base games on.

That being said, if JJP announced they were doing BTTF I would send a deposit yesterday.

#564 7 years ago
Quoted from Rondogg:

I can't see JJP doing Star Wars, BTTF or Pulp Fiction. They are more likely to do The Chipmunks, Chitty Chitty Bang Bang or The Little Prince. They are the best pinball manufacturer out there but their choice of titles just doesn't make me think they really care about what collectors covet. Or maybe they took some risks and just missed the mark, kindof like when DE chose Last Action Hero or when Sega chose Maverick to base games on.
That being said, if JJP announced they were doing BTTF I would send a deposit yesterday.

Star Wars is at Stern and Pulp Fiction at Dutch Pinball, isn't it? I tend to believe the Toy Story at JJP for JJP release #4. That would be an amazing pin. If Stern is really showing Star Wars at comic con, then there's probably not time to squeeze in another pin between Aerosmith and Star Wars, unless it's a Tron VE (or some other vault edition).

#565 7 years ago
Quoted from TheDude75:

Finally found Iron Maiden by Stern!

Iron Maiden...that's the new reboot of the series where there's a college chick in the armor, right?

*edit* LMFAO....

"Iron Woman seemed old fashioned to some. Iron Maiden looked like a legal nightmare," said Bendis. "And Ironheart, coined by [Marvel's chief creative officer] Joe Quesada, after I told him my planned story for Riri, speaks not only to the soul of the character but to the Iron Man franchise as a whole."

#566 7 years ago
Quoted from Darth_Chris:

The only themes who are almost instant buy for me are Star Wars and Iron Maiden. No in a rush.....can take your time while I'm puting aside.

Starwars yeah its here.... uuhhh well...... wait.......

Its that stupid dutch guy that is making his own starwars machine.

starwars (resized).pngstarwars (resized).png

#567 7 years ago
Quoted from ahdelarge:

Sheesh! Down voted for posting evidence of possible next title. Tough crowd!
Someone recently posted:
Whoah Nellie re-theme (turned out to be true)
Aerosmith (we'll see. Could be Slayer?)
Batman TDK re-themed to 66 Batman.
Elvira 3.

Looks like he has a cristal ball for the first 3.
Lets hope number 4 is also correct.

#568 7 years ago

Jack told me they were trying for the Star Wars license, but didn't think it was going to happen. (for a couple different reasons)

3 weeks later
#569 7 years ago

Aerosmith and then?????

#570 7 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Aerosmith and then?????

Star Wars
Elvira 3 (Boutique line)
Iron Maiden?

I don't think there's time to put something else between Star Wars and Iron Maiden. Seems like this would be the 2017 lineup. Not sure if Stern is making the Attack from Mars remix machines on contract like they did for Medieval Madness. If so that's another machine that will be on the line in their factory (though not their game).

#571 7 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Star Wars
Elvira 3 (Boutique line)
Iron Maiden?
I don't think there's time to put something else between Star Wars and Iron Maiden. Seems like this would be the 2017 lineup. Not sure if Stern is making the Attack from Mars remix machines on contract like they did for Medieval Madness. If so that's another machine that will be on the line in their factory (though not their game).

Would Stern put out two music titles in one year? I suppose there is a game or two in between and Aerosmith should have come out last year.

#572 7 years ago
Quoted from ahdelarge:

Would Stern put out two music titles in one year? I suppose there is a game or two in between and Aerosmith should have come out last year.

Ghostbusters PF issues basically ruined almost all of 2016's schedule, then the Aerosmith/Batman'66 switcheroo further confounded things, so I don't think that was the intention, but may be the way it works out.

#573 7 years ago

Think there'll be any announcements by Stern before TPF kicks off next week?

#574 7 years ago

TWD VE is coming.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#576 7 years ago

Back to the future?
Goonies?
Beat Street?

#577 7 years ago

I would kill for a Goonies pin. Soooo many good call out opportunities!

#578 7 years ago
Quoted from SLCpunk2113:

I would kill for a Goonies pin. Soooo many good call out opportunities!

Goonies would be a great theme lots to work with here for a playfield..

#579 7 years ago

The original charlie and the chocolate factory/willie wonka would be great

#580 7 years ago
Quoted from epichoff:

The original charlie and the chocolate factory/willie wonka would be great

Or the alternate title; "Dropping Acid With Creepy Gene Wilder".

#581 7 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Ghostbusters PF issues basically ruined almost all of 2016's schedule, then the Aerosmith/Batman'66 switcheroo further confounded things, so I don't think that was the intention, but may be the way it works out.

Pulp Fiction mentioned on podcast today as possible end of year Stern release.

So...

Star Wars
Elvira 3
Iron Maiden/Pulp Fiction.

And then they go on to question if Star Wars will actually make a May 4 announcement (edit: meaning it will be pushed back).

#582 7 years ago

i heared Gary already signed for the license, and payed what they wanted

So Star Wars Super LE is comeing

20 K ?

#583 7 years ago
Quoted from ahdelarge:

Pulp Fiction mentioned on podcast today as possible end of year Stern release.
So...
Star Wars
Elvira 3
Iron Maiden/Pulp Fiction.
And then they go on to question if Star Wars will actually make a May 4 announcement (edit: meaning it will be pushed back).

What podcast was this? Pulp Fiction seems SO much more like a Dutch Pinball or Heighway type machine. I can't see a Stern with that license, and fans of that movie would probably be disappointed if Stern did it. I don't care either way, but it seems so un-Stern (but then again, so does My Little Pony (Bronie?))

#584 7 years ago

Is this a joke???

#585 7 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

What podcast was this? Pulp Fiction seems SO much more like a Dutch Pinball or Heighway type machine. I can't see a Stern with that license, and fans of that movie would probably be disappointed if Stern did it. I don't care either way, but it seems so un-Stern (but then again, so does My Little Pony (Bronie?))

Kaneda podcast.

I have Stern faith! New color display and experience with past adult content in The Sopranos, The Walking Dead, etc.

Agree with you that it doesn't seem like a Stern fit, but it was a favourite movie of mine, so I'm keen to see an established company ship a game like this on time....or just ship it at all.

#586 7 years ago

Just cant see stern doing Pulp Fiction any justice, just thinking of some of the modes and callouts you could have that I wouldnt even mention on here so I wouldnt offend anyone or get moderated.

#587 7 years ago
Quoted from ahdelarge:

Kaneda podcast.
I have Stern faith! New color display and experience with past adult content in The Walking Dead.

If they do Pulp Fiction, I just hope they don't make a mess of the licence like they did with TWD. Pulp Fiction will need full use of the audio assets from the film, TWD custom hillbilly will not do, the film and many of its scenes are just too iconic.

#588 7 years ago

Deadpool fan here!

dead.pngdead.png

#589 7 years ago
Quoted from kapsreiter:

i heared Gary already signed for the license, and payed what they wanted
So Star Wars Super LE is comeing
20 K ?

If it was done properly.. 20k no way..

#590 7 years ago

Pulp Fiction by Mark Ritchie.

#591 7 years ago

Pulp Fiction is a fine film but as a theme for pinball I think its terrible, Deadpool would be far better, JMO

#592 7 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Pulp Fiction is a fine film but as a theme for pinball I think its terrible, Deadpool would be far better, JMO

Can;t possibly be any worse than JM and you like that one fine.

Quoted from crlush:

...just thinking of some of the modes and callouts you could have that I wouldnt even mention on here so I wouldnt offend anyone or get moderated.

They have metallica man yelling "jack fucking pot" at you and show Zombies getting killed in every way imaginable...Stern isn't worried aboot being family friendly.

#593 7 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

They have metallica man yelling "jack fucking pot" at you and show Zombies getting killed in every way imaginable...Stern isn't worried aboot being family friendly.

Yet they couldn't do anything meaningful with the Game of Thrones content. That's a damn shame.

Must depend on the designer, license, or something else....

#594 7 years ago
Quoted from Allibaster:

Yet they couldn't do anything meaningful with the Game of Thrones content.

Uff that's a good call...should have been some incest in there fo sho.

#595 7 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Yea I know they will throw in the F word and show a zombie getting its head smashed in im talking about the crazy shit in pulp fiction like the Christopher Walkin parts about the watch, the Quentin Tarantino part with the dead guy in the garage, the gimp, the overdose scene, thats the crazy shit im talking about.

#596 7 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Uff that's a good call...should have been some incest in there fo sho.

That's funny!

#597 7 years ago

Yeah I don't think they'd shy away from it...but obviously I'm just guessing. They're just selling it to 40+ dudes in their houses so what's the big deal. It's a theme directed exclusively for adults....

ha funny the whole time I'm typing aboot this I'm picturing it on a DMD. I wonder what the use of LCD means for movie themes? You'd think if you're going Pulp Fiction, it almost points you more in the way of using the interesting parts of video from the movie(?)...which are all the parts you're describing. And what does it mean for vulgar settings?

Very interesting indeed.

#598 7 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Oh its worse than JM, at least its cheese 90's Sci Fi, I don't know maybe it would work, I like TBL film but for me it doesn't work for pinball, you just want a Gimp Multiball right

#599 7 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Oh its worse than JM, at least its cheese 90's Sci Fi, I don't know maybe it would work, I like TBL film but for me it doesn't work for pinball, you just want a Gimp Multiball right

90s Cheese Sci Fi vs 2000s (edit 94 just a bit off ) pulpy smut....seems the same to me.
Personally I don't it at all, not a fan really, it has it's parts but overall it's a waste. I'd watch it over JM but at least JM would keep me awake longer.

#600 7 years ago
Quoted from Hazoff:

Well, just wait until you see what they do with Sophie's Choice and Schindler's List!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 9,799.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona

$ 17.50
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball

2,700 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Hamilton, OH
$ 99.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinballGeek

$ 225.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pinball Mod Co.

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
Playfield - Protection
Gameroom Mods

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 29.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
RavSpec

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

Trade
$ 399.00
Cabinet - Decals
Mircoplayfields

$ 12.50
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 51.45
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods

$ 300.00
$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

$ 39.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 46,770 posts in this topic. You are on page 12 of 936.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine/page/12?hl=robf and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.