enjoy your balls.gif
balls...gif
balls..gif
IMG_4484 (resized).jpeg
Disney boy Seth Davis (resized).jpeg
Backinblack (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 46,144 posts in this topic. You are on page 129 of 923.
#6401 4 years ago
Quoted from Globalcop:

Was Medieval Madness a knock-off of Monty Python Holy Grail? If not, what was it a knock-off of?

Well... I think the french castle proves that it certainly took bits of inspiration from the movie. But, in a way I think the original themes that are inspired from popular movies are in a way more appealing... Maybe only to me.

But, I mean if I want to watch "insert name of movie here" I can always pop it into my dvd player or stream it. And yeah... I do own a blu ray player still. I own over 3k movies and growing. My collection is better than any streaming service and its filled with movies I "ENJOY" watching(mostly... some films are only good ot be coasters).

I'm not saying you can't build a great pinball machine from good or bad movies. I think the 90s proved that you can turn ho-hum movies into great pins. Its just with the lcd's you're getting more and more of the movie content and less content created for the pinball machine. I'm a fan of dots and animation, and I loved the unique animations for pinball games. So I to me... A game like GOTG just lacks the same pop it would have if it had original animations instead of the source animations. Not saying that video footage can't work. I love Batman 66. I just think its hit or miss is all.
So for me. Yes, I would prefer more non-license games.
But, I do understand why Stern(or any other company) doesn't want to go down that route too often. Yes, its harder to sell non-license games. And bottom line is all that matters in any business.

#6402 4 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

Well... I think the french castle proves that it certainly took bits of inspiration from the movie. But, in a way I think the original themes that are inspired from popular movies are in a way more appealing... Maybe only to me.
But, I mean if I want to watch "insert name of movie here" I can always pop it into my dvd player or stream it. And yeah... I do own a blu ray player still. I own over 3k movies and growing. My collection is better than any streaming service and its filled with movies I "ENJOY" watching(mostly... some films are only good ot be coasters).
I'm not saying you can't build a great pinball machine from good or bad movies. I think the 90s proved that you can turn ho-hum movies into great pins. Its just with the lcd's you're getting more and more of the movie content and less content created for the pinball machine. I'm a fan of dots and animation, and I loved the unique animations for pinball games. So I to me... A game like GOTG just lacks the same pop it would have if it had original animations instead of the source animations. Not saying that video footage can't work. I love Batman 66. I just think its hit or miss is all.
So for me. Yes, I would prefer more non-license games.
But, I do understand why Stern(or any other company) doesn't want to go down that route too often. Yes, its harder to sell non-license games. And bottom line is all that matters in any business.

I would love an original theme game. I picked up a GoT premium last year for the route. I never saw the show, never played the game, just knew with the new season coming it should do well with the occasional players. It didnt disappoint. I started playing it one day and really liked it. Anytime I am at the location I try to play a few games. The other day I was playing it and thought if it wasn't GoT but a basic clan wars type game, could it be more appealing. You could rip off some off MM ideas and give the clans odd names. Mix a little comedy in to it. Do a much better art package and not be committed to using what is given to you to use.
I dont know if they are afraid to take a chance on original themes. Last ones I can remember them doing is sharky shootout and high roller. Back then the games were...bad. Lisenced or not. If not I will keep my fingers crossed for that Facts of Life pinball I am dreaming about....you take the good, you take the bad

#6403 4 years ago
Quoted from freeplay3:

I would love an original theme game. I picked up a GoT premium last year for the route. I never saw the show, never played the game, just knew with the new season coming it should do well with the occasional players. It didnt disappoint. I started playing it one day and really liked it. Anytime I am at the location I try to play a few games. The other day I was playing it and thought if it wasn't GoT but a basic clan wars type game, could it be more appealing. You could rip off some off MM ideas and give the clans odd names. Mix a little comedy in to it. Do a much better art package and not be committed to using what is given to you to use.
I dont know if they are afraid to take a chance on original themes. Last ones I can remember them doing is sharky shootout and high roller. Back then the games were...bad. Lisenced or not. If not I will keep my fingers crossed for that Facts of Life pinball I am dreaming about....you take the good, you take the bad

I like Sharky Shootout and one of my pinball friends, that's one of his favorite games. I think sharky has decent art(they do reuse too much of their assets though for my taste) decent dots, and some really nice callouts. Game is fun.

As to your point about would GOT be better if it was an original theme... I think you make very valid points. I don't like the dots in GOT. I do like the game. I think the assets used in the art are a bit bland. And don't really appeal to me too much... I rather have art. But, I know why they didn't go that route. It's cheaper. Hell... I could do the photoshop work required to make that cabinet and my design wouldn't be too far removed in quality from what stern used.
I'm not a great artist, but I do own my own comics company and so I know what I'm doing in photoshop. No disrespect to the artists at Stern. But, again... They went the quick and cheap route to make the game profitable. No harm in doing that. As the game really does play good, and I enjoy it. Even if its just mostly... Get your modes qualified do not start them until you start mb and then watch the points explode... Sure I know their is more to it than that. But, that is what you need to get a replay or impress your none pinball friends.

But, yeah... The idea that you said would inject more character into the game, and also let you build up cool modes around them, rather than being hamstrung to what you can and can't do. I think there is more possibilities with an original IP than an existing one. Not to mention you don't have to worry about a company holding up your topper until you get the shade of blue just right...

And please... I am not bashing stern. I am teasing them. I bought 2 NIB from Stern. I love both of them. No one is perfect(my crap smells) and no company is perfect. So... Since this is the next stern thread. I too can't wait to see what they make next. Turtles... Cowabonga if that is true!

#6404 4 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

I like Sharky Shootout and one of my pinball friends, that's one of his favorite games. I think sharky has decent art(they do reuse too much of their assets though for my taste) decent dots, and some really nice callouts. Game is fun.
As to your point about would GOT be better if it was an original theme... I think you make very valid points. I don't like the dots in GOT. I do like the game. I think the assets used in the art are a bit bland. And don't really appeal to me too much... I rather have art. But, I know why they didn't go that route. It's cheaper. Hell... I could do the photoshop work required to make that cabinet and my design wouldn't be too far removed in quality from what stern used.
I'm not a great artist, but I do own my own comics company and so I know what I'm doing in photoshop. No disrespect to the artists at Stern. But, again... They went the quick and cheap route to make the game profitable. No harm in doing that. As the game really does play good, and I enjoy it. Even if its just mostly... Get your modes qualified do not start them until you start mb and then watch the points explode... Sure I know their is more to it than that. But, that is what you need to get a replay or impress your none pinball friends.
But, yeah... The idea that you said would inject more character into the game, and also let you build up cool modes around them, rather than being hamstrung to what you can and can't do. I think there is more possibilities with an original IP than an existing one. Not to mention you don't have to worry about a company holding up your topper until you get the shade of blue just right...
And please... I am not bashing stern. I am teasing them. I bought 2 NIB from Stern. I love both of them. No one is perfect(my crap smells) and no company is perfect. So... Since this is the next stern thread. I too can't wait to see what they make next. Turtles... Cowabonga if that is true!

I had a sharkey shootout a couple years ago. The only reason I bash those games is because they were insanely simple. For a budget game it had appeal. I sold mine under 2k and the fellow who bought it was thrilled to find a game that cheap. When you consider it came out after wms was out of business, and all the wonderful things they did years earlier, sharky and high roller were a huge step back.

My fear on TMNT is which era we get. They have so many different shows/movies it's scary. Does anyone really want to hit the start button and hear vanilla ice....go ninja go ninja go ninja go

#6405 4 years ago
Quoted from freeplay3:

I had a sharkey shootout a couple years ago. The only reason I bash those games is because they were insanely simple. For a budget game it had appeal. I sold mine under 2k and the fellow who bought it was thrilled to find a game that cheap. When you consider it came out after wms was out of business, and all the wonderful things they did years earlier, sharky and high roller were a huge step back.
My fear on TMNT is which era we get. They have so many different shows/movies it's scary. Does anyone really want to hit the start button and hear vanilla ice....go ninja go ninja go ninja go

Good news is... Joke or not. I doubt they'd want to pay the money for Go Ninja Go. And it needs to be the original cartoon or just a generic classic turtles look with then original animations and voice work recordings. Because, yeah.... The bay movies. Hard pass. But, to be honest. Turtles is a theme that will put a smile on my face. Its not one I'd like to own. The classic arcade game is one of my all time favorite arcade games and I do own the arcade1up. But, I got plenty of space for cheap cabs like that. Limited space for pins. So realistically... It need to be a Judas Priest pin for me to really plunk my money down. But, that theme isn't going to happen.

#6406 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

It really tells you something aboot theme love if people would be lining up to buy a re skinned transformers ; wow.

It would have to be at least a reworking like BM66, no way I would buy a TF even if it had a G1 reskin that games layout and code was a mess.

#6407 4 years ago
80B0E8CD-0CF7-4E38-A3A7-29045F239119 (resized).jpeg80B0E8CD-0CF7-4E38-A3A7-29045F239119 (resized).jpeg
#6408 4 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

[quoted image]

.03 more until Iron Maiden code update drops!

#6409 4 years ago

I've gotta think our update is already done--just post it!

#6410 4 years ago

It sounds like TMNT is gonna be amazing!

I’m also so happy it’s the 80/90s style

#6411 4 years ago
Quoted from V8haha:

It sounds like TMNT is gonna be amazing!
I’m also so happy it’s the 80/90s style

Well what have you heard....

#6413 4 years ago

Well kept secret starting to come out: the next music pin could be Pink Floyd's Dark Side of the Moon.
Playfield will depict the moon's surface. Heavy dimpling resulting from play will form the moon's craters.

#6414 4 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

Heavy dimpling resulting from play will form the moon's craters.

Moon craters huh?

I think people who don't like Pink Floyd are Rare. Besides, David Gilmour is my Hero.

#6415 4 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

Well kept secret starting to come out: the next music pin could be Pink Floyd's Dark Side of the Moon.
Playfield will depict the moon's surface. Heavy dimpling resulting from play will form the moon's craters.

You can take this to the bank, as I have this first hand from my second cousins girlfriends cellmate--gonna be an Oribitor 1 re-theme!

#6416 4 years ago

Everyone is chatting about TMNT does anyone have any info to share?

#6417 4 years ago
Quoted from Airball:

Watch "The Toys that Made Us" TMNT episode on Netflix to prepare?

#6418 4 years ago
Quoted from Airball:

Rumor is 4 player coop and internet connectivity along w/lots of "toys".

#6419 4 years ago

What is the possibility of a Ronny James Dio pin?

#6420 4 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

Rumor is 4 player coop and internet connectivity .

This sounds fun!

#6421 4 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

About as good as seeing a Rainbow in the Dark..

#6422 4 years ago

But I like RJD

#6423 4 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

But I like RJD

Dio rocks just don’t think it would be anytime soon.

#6424 4 years ago

I used to like his videos when he was with Black Sabbath and then when he went on his own. He had a great sound and just the right amount of hoakyness with the warlock thing. It’s a shame he died so early. Him and Randy Rhodes, I know that isn’t the correct spelling, got a bum deal. Life does that though.

#6425 4 years ago

Dio would be badass but probably a little too niche

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#6426 4 years ago

Maybe spooky would do it. They did Alice Cooper

#6427 4 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

About as good as seeing a Rainbow in the Dark..

First... I actually saw a Rainbow in the Dark in real life... Sure half the sky was black and the other side daylight... But, in the middle it was a RAINBOW IN THE FREAKING DARK. And a truly EPIC sight.

Second...
How did this thread become a DIO-fest and I wasn't aware of it!

In case you don't know. I LOVE DIO!!!!!!!!!!
If someone did a Dio pin, I'd be all in for the LE... SLE... I'm not rich, so sadly I'd have to pass on that. But, instant buy for a Dio pin.

But, I don't see Stern doing it. His sales are too low in comparison to the artists that they make pins for. (in comparison, but the guy sold millions and was popular and had success in 4 decades... 90s black sabbath charted and made lots of money, and then 00s Heaven and Hell was very successful)
But, as someone said. Spooky maybe... Maybe...

#6428 4 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

Good taste in pin theme my friend. Very, very good taste!

#6429 4 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

Rumor is 4 player coop and internet connectivity along w/lots of "toys".

Actual mechs (pinball toys) or just lots of action figures on the playfield?

#6430 4 years ago

Actual little red eared sliders glued to springs all over the pf

#6431 4 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Actual mechs (pinball toys) or just lots of action figures on the playfield?

Not certain, but let's hope mechs.

#6432 4 years ago

I don't know what the next pin will be, but it will be 500$ more expensive in Europe...
As it seems the carrier to ship it from US to EU is charging a eco fee per container, which results in about 400-500$ (tax not included) per machine more!
Communicated at EAG - London...

Quote of the day: "The next Stern Pin will be a more expensive one for us, that is us living in Europe"...

#6433 4 years ago
Quoted from DavidPinballWizz:

I don't know what the next pin will be, but it will be 500$ more expensive in Europe...
As it seems the carrier to ship it from US to EU is charging a eco fee per container, which results in about 400-500$ (tax not included) per machine more!
Quote of the day: "The next Stern Pin will be a more expensive one for us, that is us living in Europe"...

Why am I not surprised...

#6434 4 years ago

Never ending nickle and dime taxation!!

#6435 4 years ago

When does the next one get announced? what's been the history on that? 1st QT of the Year? 2nd?

Stern had a good 2019.

#6436 4 years ago
Quoted from Royale-W-Cheese:

When does the next one get announced? what's been the history on that? 1st QT of the Year? 2nd?
Stern had a good 2019.

Maybe March/April.

#6437 4 years ago
Quoted from chad:

Maybe March/April.

Sounds about right. Right before Pinfest in Allentown, PA

#6438 4 years ago
Quoted from TopTierArcade:

Sounds about right. Right before Pinfest in Allentown, PA

Isn’t TPF in March? When is pinfest

#6439 4 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

Isn’t TPF in March? When is pinfest

TPF last week of March. Pinfest in May.

#6440 4 years ago
Quoted from chad:

TPF last week of March. Pinfest in May.

Oh it will be for sure announced before May, I bet at or right before tpf theyll announce

#6441 4 years ago

That’s a big tax on a container. What does a 40’ container hold? 40 games? That’s a $20000 tax. Seems unlikely. Maybe $500 for the whole container. The container itself only costs $3000 to ship.

#6442 4 years ago

I’m 99% confident TMNT is next! I’m thinking early March

#6443 4 years ago
Quoted from V8haha:

I’m 99% confident TMNT is next! I’m thinking early March

Ya , TMNT has the most chatter.

#6444 4 years ago

I’d take Judas Priest before Dio. There’s lots of cool album art that could be transferred to a pin.

#6445 4 years ago

Iam hoping for a Stern Virtual pinball. Arcade1up is cranking one out. Maybe Stern will follow. That would be great to play classic stern pinball games

#6446 4 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

That’s a big tax on a container. What does a 40’ container hold? 40 games? That’s a $20000 tax. Seems unlikely. Maybe $500 for the whole container. The container itself only costs $3000 to ship.

I thought the exact same, maybe something was misunderstood by the distributor but that was the way it was told to us.

#6447 4 years ago

What happened to rumors of S Ritchie/Led Zeppelin finally coming out... not true?

#6448 4 years ago
Quoted from PBINTHESOUTH:

What happened to rumors of S Ritchie/Led Zeppelin finally coming out... not true?

Alledgedly the original Quick Silver reskin is not happening, but a regular version. Rumors this year, but speculation still until it happens.

#6449 4 years ago
Quoted from Pwaka1986:

I’d take Judas Priest before Dio. There’s lots of cool album art that could be transferred to a pin.

Boo Urns my friend. Boo Urns!

Truth is. I'd prefer a dio... DUH! But, a priest pin would be an instant buy for me. And they could do custom Rob Halford screams as callouts. That is a plus as Dio is dead, and Rob still alive.

As for the album artwork. Yeah... Gotta love that Rocka Rolla artwork!!!! KK himself hated that albums art. But, to be fair to both parties, both had amazing album covers(just not rocka rolla).

But, a Priest pin will not happen.Be cool. I'd buy it. I'd put it next to my Maiden and see if they get along. Spoiler... They might not. Priest and Maiden never got along too nicely.

#6450 4 years ago

Could we see a new pin from Stern sooner than expected? From what’s being banged around 2019 wasn’t a great year for Stern, which might explain why Stranger Things was rushed out before the end of the year.

Munsters wasn’t a sales hit, yeah the LEs sold out fast but the colour premium was a shot at trying to boost sales. BK3 wasn’t massive either, Elvira didn’t light a fire under Stern like they probably hoped it would have and Stranger Things threads are unusually quiet!

JP2 seems to be the only real hit Stern had in 2019 and they didn’t build enough to keep up with demand, so if sales are low on 2019 titles could we see a new release sooner? We all know Stern release games to keep the line moving that’s their one and only goal.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens
Toys/Add-ons
$ 132.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 15.00
Pinball Machine
Uberlaser
Pinball Machine
$ 35.00
Lighting - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 29.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
$ 79.95
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Pinball Life
Armor and blades
$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades
Toys/Add-ons
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley
Pinball Machine
$ 12.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods
Decals
$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens
Toys/Add-ons
$ 1,099.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution
Toppers
$ 26.50
$ 8,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley
Pinball Machine
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
Toppers
$ 30.00
Playfield - Plastics
Chrome Candy
Plastics
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 49.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Toys/Add-ons
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Hardware
Pinball Haven
Hardware
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 46,144 posts in this topic. You are on page 129 of 923.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine/page/129 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.