balls...gif
balls..gif
IMG_4484 (resized).jpeg
Disney boy Seth Davis (resized).jpeg
Backinblack (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
birds (resized).png

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 46,141 posts in this topic. You are on page 128 of 923.
#6351 4 years ago

Stranger Things is officially a 2020 release for Stern, and they have plans for 3-2020 cornerstone machines.

#6352 4 years ago
Quoted from Coolpinballdino:

I would love a Top Gun pin highway to the danger zone.

I always wondered if f14 tomcat was suppossed to be top gun but they couldnt get the license

#6353 4 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

Instant buys for me in 2020 is
BTTF
Jaws
Goonies
All of which in 2020 will celebrate big anniversaries.Goonies & BTTF 35th, Jaws 45th. Also despite that Gary claims no to BTTF I think it’s gonna happen by someone maybe not Stern but it’s coming. They re-did virtually all Data East games with the exception of TMNT & BTTF. Robocop & Tales from the Crypt I don’t see it happening. Guns N Rose’s celebrates a 35th anniversary in 2020 but that’s going to JJP.
Honorable band mentions:
Greatful Dead
Pink Floyd
55 year anniversaries.
While not celebrating an anniversary I believe Led Zeppelin is coming soon.
2021 is the year of Disney World theme park. Celebrating their 50th anniversary. I would imagine a new Tron or Tron VE.
Likely one of these Marvel pins will come out :
Dr Strange
Thor
Perhaps one more stab at Indiana Jones and not screw it up this time.

Just watched episode 7 season three stranger things and saw the BTTF cameo, been praying for a remake for years, but maybe now this will reignite the continued relevance of the movie for a 35th anniversary release in 2020. Will purchase LE, CE, DE (Delorean edition) sight unseen!!!

#6354 4 years ago
Quoted from Pincrazy:

Just watched episode 7 season three stranger things and saw the BTTF cameo, been praying for a remake for years, but maybe now this will reignite the continued relevance of the movie for a 35th anniversary release in 2020. Will purchase LE, CE, DE (Delorean edition) sight unseen!!!

Haha. A silver foil cabinet finish with raised logo in it like they did for Batman 66SLE would be great for a DE.

#6355 4 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Stranger Things is officially a 2020 release for Stern, and they have plans for 3-2020 cornerstone machines.

People (admittedly not many) already have Stranger Things in thier homes making it a 2019 release.

#6356 4 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

People (admittedly not many) already have Stranger Things in thier homes making it a 2019 release.

I'm just repeating what distributors are being told....by Stern.

#6357 4 years ago

Stranger Things is a 2019 release. Stern told us how many games they would be releasing in 2019. If you count this game - they didn't lie.

#6358 4 years ago

Well the licence cost excuses for Fast and Furious don’t seem to be holding ground now.

Vin Diesel went on record earlier this year after his fall out with The Rock saying he wants to expand the brand and it looks like he’s sticking true to his word, a computer game in the works, 2 new movies in the works in addition to fast 9 being released next year and Netflix just released a computer animated kids show.

The computer game and animated show don’t exactly scream big budget/big cost and Vin is abit of a geek so would likely be more than open to the idea of a fast and furious pin, someone make the damn thing! Multi billion dollar franchise that would kill it on location.

#6359 4 years ago

It's to note that the 3rd BILL & TED movie, entitled BILL & TED FACE THE MUSIC, is tentatively scheduled for release on August 21, 2020.

Not saying that would be the next pin for Stern but could definitely be aligned, we'll see.

#6360 4 years ago

JAWS PLEASE.

7F0C10C9-54DF-4B36-A494-CCB15CA7A669 (resized).jpeg7F0C10C9-54DF-4B36-A494-CCB15CA7A669 (resized).jpeg
#6361 4 years ago
Quoted from mbrave77:

I always wondered if f14 tomcat was suppossed to be top gun but they couldnt get the license

Gold Wings.

#6362 4 years ago

Yup, Gottlieb targeted mainstream themes but skirted actually paying for the rights.

Gold Wings= Top Gun
Raven= Rambo
Hollywood Heat= Miami Vice
Etc...

#6363 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Eh..yea...those remake movies weren't good, is it even relevant now? I feel like they missed the timing of it by quite a bit...
Based on the rumors of upcoming games, sounds like I can concentrate on finding some older games for awhile.

There was a cartoon movie released this year and there’s another live action reboot currently in the works. There’s also a fourth animated series still running.

They’ve essentially been active ever since the mid-80s for the most part.

#6364 4 years ago

Bring on TMNT I’m excited to see what they do. The old data east game sucks and still kills it on route

#6365 4 years ago

Big chungus ftw

D7D40B74-6E1A-47AC-AF03-06B37F186E49 (resized).jpegD7D40B74-6E1A-47AC-AF03-06B37F186E49 (resized).jpeg
#6366 4 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

It's time[quoted image]

How incredible would that be

#6367 4 years ago

Any chance of a lotr remake with the larger lcd and movie clips etc?

#6368 4 years ago
Quoted from rwmech5:

Any chance of a lotr remake with the larger lcd and movie clips etc?

Gomez said many times.... no.

#6369 4 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Gomez has also said Stern would make whatever the market demands (paraphrasing). If there's enough demand for a pin, they'll do it.

There's been a lot of things that have been denied by Stern until they happened. AC/DC was NEVER happening again when the license ran out literally until the day they announced it was relicensed and - BEHOLD:the Luci vault. Like someone also recently pointed out, Stern denied KISS would ever be re-done as a new pin - until it was. It's not in Stern's business interest to recreate the Osborne Effect, so they only talk about what they can sell you NOW.

But that doesn't mean Gomez, Gary, their investment group and pretty much anyone with a brain are oblivious to the fact that a Spike LotR vault would print money (also selling a TON of LEs since it's a known quantity), and given the fairly limited dots, would not be that hard to bring forward with color HD graphics. Spike LotR would sell more than all the cornerstones in 2019 combined, and the hard part - the game design and ruleset is already DONE and well-received. It's happening, the only question is when Stern will start vacuuming up the cash by announcing it.

#6370 4 years ago
Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Did he?

I think he said they „can‘t“ rerelease it...

...as is in todays market, without technical overhaul. (Get rid of Whitestar, clearer callout sounds, LCD video assets maybe.)

So it is not a „simple“ vault if they have to reprogramm and rewire the whole thing, minimum.

#6371 4 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

Yup, Gottlieb targeted mainstream themes but skirted actually paying for the rights.
Gold Wings= Top Gun
Raven= Rambo
Hollywood Heat= Miami Vice
Etc...

Don't forget Deadly Weapon. Only needed to change one word for that pinball and it was off to the races.

But, Bally skirted the rights a few time with Attack From Mars, and Medieval Madness. If done right you can make a pinball around a popular theme or concept and make it actually better as its your own IP and you're only hamstrung by your own ideas and the assets that you make.

Don't hate me. But, while I think there is a lot of cool stuff going on in stranger things. I know I will never buy one. At least not anytime within the next 6-10 years. I rather own MM and AFM and possibly a Shadow before I buy a Stranger Things. But, I think the mag bull lock is cool. I like the bash toy, and the projector idea looks to be promising. And I like some of the animations for the game. Mainly the extra ball animation. Yes, I know its just a callback to AFM, but its still awesome.

I work as a computer tech for school districts however. And we have a projector in every classroom, and in offices, auditoriums, and media centers. Bulb life is around 4k-8k hours. But, these bulbs are expensive!!!!
Its also possible to have more than a few dudes. Again we have about 1k projectors. So we get more than a few lemons. Also. With the shaking of the game, the focus and mounting could very well become an issue.
Then lastly heat consumption. These bulbs get very hot. So... Where is it housed. Will it cos plastics to warp if any are near it. What about overheating any boards that are near it.
What about the fan noise for the projector unit.
How easy/hard will the bulb be to replace. If this is a custom projector. How long will stern carry replacement parts for it.

I'm not dumping on there idea. Brian Eddy has forgotten more about pinball design, then I'll EVER know. I'm just saying... Those are things that worry me a little bit. And sure the 1,500 dollar projector that my district uses are not the same that stern will be using...
Sorry about my weird tangents... Its late and I probably should go to bed.

#6372 4 years ago

Wondering if it will be a Music Pin to hurt Jersey Jack release of GNR.
Maybe Led Zeppelin or Slayer.

#6373 4 years ago
Quoted from Phat_Jay:

Big chungus ftw[quoted image]

omg Bugs Bunny gained weight

#6374 4 years ago
Quoted from Phat_Jay:

Big chungus ftw[quoted image]

Instant buy for me

#6375 4 years ago
Quoted from KenPin:

omg Bugs Bunny gained weight

Too many birthday bashes!

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#6376 4 years ago

80s transformers please!
Or Masters of the universe!

a26fa99cf160b753518704c8de5f8acb (resized).jpga26fa99cf160b753518704c8de5f8acb (resized).jpg
#6377 4 years ago
Quoted from noob-a-tron:

Wondering if it will be a Music Pin to hurt Jersey Jack release of GNR.
Maybe Led Zeppelin or Slayer.

No way Stern releases a Slayer pin...that would be better fit for Spooky.

#6378 4 years ago
Quoted from jorro:

80s transformers please!
Or Masters of the universe![quoted image]

I would have a hard time passing that up!

#6379 4 years ago
2CACCC99-7C1D-42AE-A540-3F839F8371E2 (resized).jpeg2CACCC99-7C1D-42AE-A540-3F839F8371E2 (resized).jpeg
#6380 4 years ago
Quoted from jorro:

80s transformers please!

Transformers G1 is an instant LE buy for me. Even with its crappy code.

#6381 4 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

I'm sure this would be for a lot of people. It is where the heart and soul of transformers is as showcased by the Bumblebee movie late last year. It was a great movie that many loved.

#6382 4 years ago

Been waiting for the next real rock machine. Maiden was killer. The Beatles was a disappointment. Was hoping the 2020 rock machine was gonna be epic. Ozzy Osborn, maybe mega death. Or a kill em all limited vault. Looks like it’s none of those. Disappointing 2020 unless you like Rush.

#6383 4 years ago
Quoted from jorro:

80s transformers please!

#6384 4 years ago

Give me John Wick, The Fast and The Furious and BTTF and I would be happy. G1 Transformers with show audio and video would be hard to pass up too.

#6385 4 years ago

Anyone seen TNMT leaked photos or have access?

#6386 4 years ago

I bet Jumanji is on Sterns radar based on the success of the movies.

#6387 4 years ago
Quoted from jonesjb:

Anyone seen TNMT leaked photos or have access?

sexy_reptiles___creamy_donatello_rq_april_2join_in_by_alaer-d7iyph7 (resized).jpgsexy_reptiles___creamy_donatello_rq_april_2join_in_by_alaer-d7iyph7 (resized).jpg2bd3596680dc9bcd2f08280513edaa22 (resized).jpg2bd3596680dc9bcd2f08280513edaa22 (resized).jpg
#6388 4 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

[quoted image]

Doh...another fappening??

#6389 4 years ago
Weird (resized).jpegWeird (resized).jpeg
#6390 4 years ago
7816E6E4-75DB-4ACE-BF63-58BC6E552426 (resized).jpeg7816E6E4-75DB-4ACE-BF63-58BC6E552426 (resized).jpeg
#6391 4 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

Transformers G1, He Man, and G.I. Joe based off the series or Cartoon Movie would be instant buys for me

#6392 4 years ago

Why do I get the feeling TMNT, a theme I have literally zero interest in, will have brilliant Yeti art and classic Borg layout and just be all-round brilliant, and I’ll end up buying it despite hating the theme???

#6393 4 years ago
F4D24AB5-6867-4E89-B33C-5C9EFE59F016 (resized).jpegF4D24AB5-6867-4E89-B33C-5C9EFE59F016 (resized).jpeg
#6394 4 years ago
1A7295AC-EEDE-424A-AC41-AD8EE4C6AAB7 (resized).jpeg1A7295AC-EEDE-424A-AC41-AD8EE4C6AAB7 (resized).jpeg
#6395 4 years ago

It really tells you something aboot theme love if people would be lining up to buy a re skinned transformers ; wow.

#6396 4 years ago
Quoted from cooked71:

Why do I get the feeling TMNT, a theme I have literally zero interest in, will have brilliant Yeti art and classic Borg layout and just be all-round brilliant, and I’ll end up buying it despite hating the theme???

TMNT will be amazing!

#6397 4 years ago
Quoted from Diamond:

Been waiting for the next real rock machine. Maiden was killer. The Beatles was a disappointment. Was hoping the 2020 rock machine was gonna be epic. Ozzy Osborn, maybe mega death. Or a kill em all limited vault. Looks like it’s none of those. Disappointing 2020 unless you like Rush.

RUSH!? Tell me more!!!

#6398 4 years ago

Dune!

#6399 4 years ago

Black Sabbath
Blade Runner

#6400 4 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

Don't forget Deadly Weapon. Only needed to change one word for that pinball and it was off to the races.
But, Bally skirted the rights a few time with Attack From Mars, and Medieval Madness. If done right you can make a pinball around a popular theme or concept and make it actually better as its your own IP and you're only hamstrung by your own ideas and the assets that you make.
Don't hate me. But, while I think there is a lot of cool stuff going on in stranger things. I know I will never buy one. At least not anytime within the next 6-10 years. I rather own MM and AFM and possibly a Shadow before I buy a Stranger Things. But, I think the mag bull lock is cool. I like the bash toy, and the projector idea looks to be promising. And I like some of the animations for the game. Mainly the extra ball animation. Yes, I know its just a callback to AFM, but its still awesome.
I work as a computer tech for school districts however. And we have a projector in every classroom, and in offices, auditoriums, and media centers. Bulb life is around 4k-8k hours. But, these bulbs are expensive!!!!
Its also possible to have more than a few dudes. Again we have about 1k projectors. So we get more than a few lemons. Also. With the shaking of the game, the focus and mounting could very well become an issue.
Then lastly heat consumption. These bulbs get very hot. So... Where is it housed. Will it cos plastics to warp if any are near it. What about overheating any boards that are near it.
What about the fan noise for the projector unit.
How easy/hard will the bulb be to replace. If this is a custom projector. How long will stern carry replacement parts for it.
I'm not dumping on there idea. Brian Eddy has forgotten more about pinball design, then I'll EVER know. I'm just saying... Those are things that worry me a little bit. And sure the 1,500 dollar projector that my district uses are not the same that stern will be using...
Sorry about my weird tangents... Its late and I probably should go to bed.

Was Medieval Madness a knock-off of Monty Python Holy Grail? If not, what was it a knock-off of?

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 55.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens
Toys/Add-ons
$ 132.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 15.00
Pinball Machine
Uberlaser
Pinball Machine
$ 35.00
Lighting - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 29.95
Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore
Protection
Cabinet - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods
Other
$ 79.95
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
Pinball Life
Armor and blades
$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades
Toys/Add-ons
$ 6,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley
Pinball Machine
$ 12.99
Cabinet - Decals
Bent Mods
Decals
$ 95.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Twisted Tokens
Toys/Add-ons
$ 1,099.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Paradise Distribution
Toppers
$ 26.50
$ 8,995.00
Pinball Machine
Pinball Alley
Pinball Machine
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
$ 185.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball
Toppers
$ 30.00
Playfield - Plastics
Chrome Candy
Plastics
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 49.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Hookedonpinball.com
Toys/Add-ons
$ 49.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Hardware
Pinball Haven
Hardware
$ 20.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinhead mods
Protection
$ 1.00
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting
Led
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
There are 46,141 posts in this topic. You are on page 128 of 923.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine/page/128?hl=shadrac and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.