Albumism_TheCars_TheCars_16x9.jpg
IMG_1935 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240412_203046_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240412_203117_Chrome (resized).jpg
DSC06496 (resized).JPG
DSC06495 (resized).JPG
DSC05223 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 46,859 posts in this topic. You are on page 126 of 938.
#6251 4 years ago
Quoted from NoQuarters:

Stranger Turtles

Teenage Things?

#6252 4 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

Spooky didn't announce it and sell it on the same day . Stern had time to put out some pictures and that would have made a lot of people question whether they brought a Rick and Morty or not .

I think Rick and Morty sales will hurt JJP more than Stern

#6253 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

My guess is distros have them by Thursday and locations have them by the 23rd.

Supposedly the reveal is Monday. There can't be that many Pros available at launch if they've only been on the line for two weeks at that point and a batch from those are already on a boat to Europe. The only reason I can see them jamming this in at the very end of the year is to hit a technical Cornerstone release number bulletpoint for 2019.

#6254 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Supposedly the reveal is Monday.

I heard a guy said it was yesterday

#6255 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

I think that was the dealer/dist webcast. I'm talking about the public reveal, which is what matters to the plebes.

#6256 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

IMG_20191218_225902 (resized).jpgIMG_20191218_225902 (resized).jpg
#6257 4 years ago

There's only one guy I believe when it comes to telling me Stern shit is coming out; and I didn't hear him yesterday.

#6258 4 years ago

They’d be mad to reveal their next title this close to Xmas. I reckon CES at the earliest. Also, is Bill & Ted’s going to happen in mid 2020?

#6259 4 years ago

CES. That will be the day I bet. It is what Stern has done for 4-6+ yrs now. I don't foresee why they would release before....even if 1 guy states it..and has been wrong a number of times.

#6260 4 years ago

It’s Stranger things

#6261 4 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

LOL Whysnow said nothing of the sort "Actually sounds like they will be finally taking care of our Elvira also.
I will say that if you are reading along, there are quite a few people with all sorts of issues (missing washers, ball sticks, trunk issues, ramp issues, missing ball guides, optos, blown nodes, failed SD cards, etc...) There have been lots of issues on this game.
It is really sad. When the game shoots it is really fun to play.
I hope you can actually take a step back and realize my concerns are justified. I have over 60hours in fixing, diagnosing, and adjusting this game already.
It has been down more than up over the past 2 months. I operate every Stern game made in the past 5? years now. This game is a bad look on Stern and for business as a whole. Frustrating is an understatement." Whysnow

Sorry to hear about your Elvira pain,
Wow 60 hours is a lot of time to burn.

I had to spend about 15 or so hours of my life to fix problems with my IMDN LE and thought that was bad !
There was a run of Maiden LE's here for sale in Australia not too long after release and I am dead set sure this is because owners were frustrated with problems.

There was some talk of action a while ago, from Stern pinball to address these QC issues. It appears that this may have been unsuccessful ?

I appreciate the volume of machines that Stern pumps out, but hey big bucks for a product with issues does not go down too well, It amazes me how the customer has to continually wear (spend time) trying to fix design or build mistakes.

Stern Pinball you have many thousands of loyal customers paying a premium for your products can we kindly ask that 2020 and beyond can be the years that Stern Pinball provides a sound product out of the box please.

I love Stern pins but the lack of QC and some of the design/build shortcuts as well as cheap outs are disappointing.

Lets see if this next decade can bring a more solid product.

#6262 4 years ago

So... who still believes that thing will be delivered to homes till December 23rd?

Maybe if it's Bill & Ted. I mean,... they DO HAVE a time machine!

#6263 4 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

So... who still believes that thing will be delivered to homes till December 23rd?

Haha it's still possible if they're shipping now but it doesn't really make a lot of sense.

#6264 4 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

I highly doubt it!

This would make zero business sense I’m thinking we don’t see anything till 2020

#6265 4 years ago

There are already pins made of the next title that have been boxed up and shipped (there are pictures). All signs point to reveal next week. No way they are waiting until CES.

#6266 4 years ago

Wheres chuckwurt ?

Tetsuos friend posted some info on his FB page regarding the game. Still sticking to dec. 23rd. - Interresting.

#6268 4 years ago

Maybe Stern can put out Guns N Roses.. I haven't seen anything with JJP.

#6269 4 years ago
Quoted from f3honda4me:

There are already pins made of the next title that have been boxed up and shipped (there are pictures). All signs point to reveal next week. No way they are waiting until CES.

I'm mostly surprised that even bad quality pictures haven't leaked when it's been on the line for almost two weeks now and the public reveal is only days away.

#6270 4 years ago

Stern's doing a great job keeping the reveal a surprise and maintains a completely different approach then Spooky's method of announcement for sure.
I have heard they are shipping on the day they reveal, the official day. I hear that distributors are taking orders.
But it's anyone's guess when they will announce/reveal.
Any distributors out there who can tell us when Stern is allowing you to tell us the date of the reveal?

#6271 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckcasey:

Stern's doing a great job keeping the reveal a surprise and maintains a completely different approach then Spooky's method of announcement for sure.
I have heard they are shipping on the day they reveal, the official day. I hear that distributors are taking orders.
Any distributors out there who can tell us when Stern is allowing you to tell us the date of the reveal?

No guessing. It's Monday.

#6272 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckcasey:

Spooky doesn't usually sell trough distributors, so it's a totally different thing from the get go.

But despite that, yeah... it's kinda ridiculous. Spooky sells after announcing and only showing very little footage...
...while Stern sells through (from distributors to customers) completely blindfolded a game they have not ever seen?!

(Plz everyone tell if you're one of those customers, so I may laugh and point at you when you ever lament about pooling, ghosting, dimples, and overall lack of quality.)

#6273 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckcasey:

I would respectfully disagree with this. No one, and I mean no one was expecting a Rick and Morty pin from Spooky. When they dropped their announcement video 2 weeks ago it was a complete surprise. Stranger things has been rumoured to be in development by Stern for months now. However, I would agree with you that when it comes to the official reveal, Stern does a pretty good job of showing everything from the beginning. Long story short, Spooky is better at keeping secrets and Stern is better at producing marketing materials.

#6274 4 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

I would respectfully disagree with this. No one, and I mean no one was expecting a Rick and Morty pin from Spooky. When they dropped their announcement video 2 weeks ago it was a complete surprise. Stranger things has been rumoured to be in development by Stern for months now. However, I would agree with you that when it comes to the official reveal, Stern does a pretty good job of showing everything from the beginning. Long story short, Spooky is better at keeping secrets and Stern is better at producing marketing materials.

I guess you weren't in the know about the decals from the printer service being leaked online? They were quickly removed though.

#6276 4 years ago

Very cool. I like that the drop targets also can change based on what's projected onto them.

But that's the Premium/LE, so I wonder what's stripped out on the Pro...

I can already tell the callouts will be annoying very quickly until they get some more variety in them.

#6277 4 years ago

I don’t think I would have any issues living without that projector feature. It’s cool but kinda looks like a mini drive-in movie screen on the playfield.

Interested to see how the pro works and implements the upside/down.

#6279 4 years ago

Looks great!

#6280 4 years ago

I'm interested so far. I really like the music and callouts. I need to know more about the center underneath shot behind the drops and what happens to the shots on either side of it. Theme immersion sure looks and sounds good from the clip.

#6281 4 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

I don’t think I would have any issues living without that projector feature. It’s cool but kinda looks like a mini drive-in movie screen on the playfield.
Interested to see how the pro works and implements the upside/down.

Maybe the movie screen in the mall.

#6282 4 years ago

Watch the video 10 times and I really like what Stern is going for with this pin.

Congratulations Stern for stepping out of the box.

Excited for more info on Monday.

#6283 4 years ago

Now we know that Stranger Things is the next Stern, the big question is: what is the next Stern?

#6284 4 years ago
Quoted from pascal-pinball:

Now we know that Stranger Things is the next Stern, the big question is: what is the next Stern?

Let’s start the ninja turtles hype

#6285 4 years ago
Quoted from V8haha:

Let’s start the ninja turtles hype

Was hoping for John wick.

#6286 4 years ago
Quoted from T3quila:

Was hoping for John wick.

Same here would love a super fast shooting John Wick pin with drop targets in the playfield blocking shots and magnets like Ironman so it feels like your in a real battle to keep the ball away from the flippers/drain.

#6287 4 years ago

Who’s John Wick?

#6288 4 years ago

Who’s John Wick?

The Boogeyman, he killed once three people with a pencil. With a f****** pencil! Who does that?

#6289 4 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

This guy!

#6290 4 years ago

Open for a poor pinhead to drop by for a game over the holidays? I can bring beer and eggo.

#6291 4 years ago
Quoted from T3quila:

Open for a poor pinhead to drop by for a game over the holidays? I can bring beer and eggo.

If I were you, I’d come play in the arcade legacy tournament next Friday at 7:30pm.

#6292 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

If I were you, I’d come play in the arcade legacy tournament next Friday at 7:30pm.

That sounds great, if I'm in town and my wife didn't fill my calendar up otherwise - which she tends to do when I'm off - I'll stop by.

#6293 4 years ago

Who’s John Wick?

ECFEE150-CA5A-4DF9-9492-B9EF21182719.gifECFEE150-CA5A-4DF9-9492-B9EF21182719.gif
#6294 4 years ago

I can’t wait until Monday. Thanks

#6295 4 years ago

When you earn gold coins you could purchase upgrades, like a stay in the Continental (outlane save), shotguns ( double pop scoring for x seconds), knives ( higher spinner scoring), cocktail at the assassin's bar ( higher jackpot) and so on.
You have to pay the cleaning crew on regular intervals, otherwise points go down on the playfield.
Markers can be modes.
There would be a lot of potential.

#6296 4 years ago
Quoted from T3quila:

When you earn gold coins you could purchase upgrades, like a stay in the Continental (outlane save), shotguns ( double pop scoring for x seconds), knives ( higher spinner scoring), cocktail at the assassin's bar ( higher jackpot) and so on.
You have to pay the cleaning crew on regular intervals, otherwise points go down on the playfield.
Markers can be modes.
There would be a lot of potential.

I think John Wick would work best with a shallower rule set, keep it simple but constant in your face gameplay, no scoops or posts to stop balls.

Ironman on steroids, drop targets mid table to ricochet the ball back at you, magnets to throw it back at you, kick backs to fire your balls back at you.

Have the continental as a physical toy to lock balls, mid playfield drops and magnets would be all the goons and assassins you have to fight and kill, you could collect weapons like in TWD, better weapons give you bigger points or double down shots required to complete modes.

Add some great art and lightshows and it would be an instant buy.
2C6861CD-D135-4E74-961E-4B67ED4A5C04 (resized).jpeg2C6861CD-D135-4E74-961E-4B67ED4A5C04 (resized).jpeg87A2959F-275A-46F9-AD15-EE5C0197D74A (resized).jpeg87A2959F-275A-46F9-AD15-EE5C0197D74A (resized).jpegFF355CDB-B8B6-482E-961B-1F74EB0CDFCB (resized).jpegFF355CDB-B8B6-482E-961B-1F74EB0CDFCB (resized).jpeg

#6297 4 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

I think John Wick would work best with a shallower rule set, keep it simple but constant in your face gameplay, no scoops or posts to stop balls.
Ironman on steroids, drop targets mid table to ricochet the ball back at you, magnets to throw it back at you, kick backs to fire your balls back at you.
Have the continental as a physical toy to lock balls, mid playfield drops and magnets would be all the goons and assassins you have to fight and kill, you could collect weapons like in TWD, better weapons give you bigger points or double down shots required to complete modes.
Add some great art and lightshows and it would be an instant buy.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That sounds spectacularly awesome, but if you don't get that absolutely perfect right, layout wise, you are looking at 17 second ball times like at GB.

I think there is room for at least 3 John wick machines with different toys, layout and rules one for each movie.

#6298 4 years ago

Next Stern: NWA

#6299 4 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Next Stern: NWA

That actually be a pretty cool theme I would like to see that happen.

#6300 4 years ago
Quoted from T3quila:

That sounds spectacularly awesome, but if you don't get that absolutely perfect right, layout wise, you are looking at 17 second ball times like at GB.
I think there is room for at least 3 John wick machines with different toys, layout and rules one for each movie.

Thanks man, i really wanted to make a home brew but time just hasn’t been on my side recently to start a major project like that, but I did draw a couple layouts, wrote a load of rules and modes out for a John Wick pin, that’s where those ideas above came from.

Also had the idea the idea to use the lockdown action button as a reload (jackpot) button, so beginners could play and progress just as well as a pro player but obviously the reload would reset jackpot values compared to reducing them and building the value each shot, just ideas killing time on quiet shifts

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 90.00
Playfield - Other
RavSpec

6,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Merrimack, NH
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

5,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
South Kingstown, RI
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
BomberMods

17,000 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Loveland, CO
$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

8,099 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Evansville, IN
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

$ 30.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 55.00
Playfield - Protection
Tucson Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 46,859 posts in this topic. You are on page 126 of 938.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine/page/126?hl=ausretrogamer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.