Buffy (resized).jpg
enjoy your balls.gif
balls...gif
balls..gif
IMG_4484 (resized).jpeg
Disney boy Seth Davis (resized).jpeg
Backinblack (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 46,153 posts in this topic. You are on page 124 of 924.
#6151 4 years ago
Quoted from Ambience:

From Dusk 'Till Dawn, Cheech would have some great callouts. Sex Machine's Gun skillshot. Santanico Pandemonium Boa snake ramp. Punching holes through the bar wall to let sunlight in and fry vampires. A Titty Twister multi-ball feature where a ball gets sucked into a vortex and shot out to a gas station that explodes.

If this happened and featured Salma Hayek, I would have to buy!

#6152 4 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Not two separate teams. Same team at Stern. When Dennis left, the rest of the team stayed and Greg took over as lead. You seem to be the only one having major issues with the game. (I thought you weren’t buying any more Sterns until they took care of your playfield issues. Is this perhaps some payback bashing?)

nope, they took care of our Beatles... Hence why we bought.

Actually sounds like they will be finally taking care of our Elvira also.

I will say that if you are reading along, there are quite a few people with all sorts of issues (missing washers, ball sticks, trunk issues, ramp issues, missing ball guides, optos, blown nodes, failed SD cards, etc...) There have been lots of issues on this game.

It is really sad. When the game shoots it is really fun to play.

I hope you can actually take a step back and realize my concerns are justified. I have over 60hours in fixing, diagnosing, and adjusting this game already.
It has been down more than up over the past 2 months. I operate every Stern game made in the past 5? years now. This game is a bad look on Stern and for business as a whole. Frustrating is an understatement.

#6153 4 years ago
Quoted from TheCoinSlotTC:

Predicting shipments delivered same day or just after Christmas for some Pros.

I believe some pros will be under Christmas trees. Hopefully mine.

We shall see.

#6154 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

nope, they took care of our Beatles... Hence why we bought.
Actually sounds like they will be finally taking care of our Elvira also.
I will say that if you are reading along, there are quite a few people with all sorts of issues (missing washers, ball sticks, trunk issues, ramp issues, missing ball guides, optos, blown nodes, failed SD cards, etc...) There have been lots of issues on this game.
It is really sad. When the game shoots it is really fun to play.
I hope you can actually take a step back and realize my concerns are justified. I have over 60hours in fixing, diagnosing, and adjusting this game already.
It has been down more than up over the past 2 months. I operate every Stern game made in the past 5? years now. This game is a bad look on Stern and for business as a whole. Frustrating is an understatement.

Glad to hear your playfield issues are being addressed.

As for Elvira, I own one and follow the owners forum closely. There aren’t any reported issues that you don’t see with any NIB game. The QC issues are systemic, not just related to Elvira. Posts on every area you mention can also be found in the Munsters and JP2 threads among others. I’m sure you go over every new game testing, tightening screws, making adjustments- getting a game “dialed in” is part of the “fun” when you go NIB though if you have indeed spent 60 hours you’re having too much fun

I’ve spent about 5 hours dialing in so far and I’ve got one ball hang issue to address which is either going to be a post rubber or pitch adjustment.

If your complaint is with Stern build quality in general, I agree with you. But don’t single out Elvira out to be a shit show just because you’ve had more than your fair share of issues with it.

#6155 4 years ago

I know someone who has been waiting 2 months now for a JP populated playfield Stern promised him.

#6156 4 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

I know someone who has been waiting 2 months now for a JP populated playfield Stern promised him.

I waited 10mo. for my Metallica but it came eventually.

#6157 4 years ago

Makes me wonder if the production line is running at full tilt if they are releasing more titles?

#6158 4 years ago

To backup Whysnow.. my opinion on Elvira is the same... , layout is uninspired, game lacks atmosphere or the elvira feeling. So not worth the premium/le price model to me. And I looked forward to it before release.

JP2 is a strong game, miles ahead of Elivra imho.

Curious for the next Stern release, I would put my money too on a release very soon (before xmas)

#6159 4 years ago

If there‘ll be nothing today, there‘ll be nothing in homes december 23rd.

#6160 4 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

there‘ll be nothing in homes december 23rd.

I really do not understand the timing? Why announce a game a week or so before Christmas? By now most people are done with shopping, especially for big ticket items. Has to be probably the worse time to try and sell a game, especially on secondary market. Why not wait until January 2nd and have it be a 2020 title? Only thing I can think of is having x amount of games(cornerstones) per calendar year, or the license is for 2019-2021 and they want to capitalize on time frame? If people can get one under the tree-great but I do not believe they are trying to capitalize on going after last minute sporadic Christmas shoppers.

#6161 4 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I really do not understand the timing? Why announce a game a week or so before Christmas? By now most people are done with shopping, especially for big ticket items. Has to be probably the worse time to try and sell a game, especially on secondary market. Why not wait until January 2nd and have it be a 2020 title? Only thing I can think of is having x amount of games(cornerstones) per calendar year, or the license is for 2019-2021 and they want to capitalize on time frame? If people can get one under the tree-great but I do not believe they are trying to capitalize on going after last minute sporadic Christmas shoppers.

I don't think they've teased a CES release, so maybe they release a teaser but if history is correct it will drop at CES. And I fully agree, there is zero point to do this right before xmas. Freight and shipping is so backed up right now, they'd never make it.

#6162 4 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

If there‘ll be nothing today, there‘ll be nothing in homes december 23rd.

Wanna bet? Haha

#6163 4 years ago

It is a tuesday today, which is press release day. Maybe and IGN press release....?

#6164 4 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

I believe some pros will be under Christmas trees. Hopefully mine.
We shall see.

Already paid in full blind?

#6165 4 years ago

I can’t believe we are still asking this question. Lol

#6166 4 years ago

Yup. A lot of locations get every new stern. Doesn’t matter what it is.

#6167 4 years ago
Quoted from northvibe:

I don't think they've teased a CES release, so maybe they release a teaser but if history is correct it will drop at CES. And I fully agree, there is zero point to do this right before xmas. Freight and shipping is so backed up right now, they'd never make it.

They have already started shipping. So, get ready to believe it.

#6168 4 years ago
Quoted from JodyG:

They have already started shipping. So, get ready to believe it.

Well putting in a crate and shipping to AUS is a tad different than domestic. Is there actual evidence of domestic shipping?

#6169 4 years ago

No did not pay. Hopefully it is a great pin that can make it by Christmas break.

#6170 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Wanna bet? Haha

Instant win.

No, srsly. I don't know until when retailers work in the US but small retailers here wrap up on friday december 20th until the new year.
How the heck deliver a game until then if it's not at least announced today?

#6171 4 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Instant win.
No, srsly. I don't know until when retailers work in the US but small retailers here wrap up on friday december 20th until the new year.

I don't think the rumor is international just domestic US by 23rd.

#6172 4 years ago

I had read a couple weeks ago already that units were already on the water, headed for Europe.

#6173 4 years ago

how on earth has nothing leaked sheeeeeesh

#6174 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

I don't think the rumor is international just domestic US by 23rd.

Of course, but still not much time left if you want to leave a day for updating retailers websites, one day for customer orders and one for delivery.
So if they really wanna do this, they should announce it today.

#6175 4 years ago

Games have already shipped. Lots of locations have purchased the game sight unseen.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#6176 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Games have already shipped. Lots of locations have purchased the game sight unseen.

Quoted from cait001:

how on earth has nothing leaked sheeeeeesh

this is my big question, if games have already shipped they're putting a ton of faith in these guys' self control

#6177 4 years ago
Quoted from nogoodnames222:

this is my big question, if games have already shipped they're putting a ton of faith in these guys' self control

They probably stopped doing business with the leaker.

#6178 4 years ago

My guess is distros have them by Thursday and locations have them by the 23rd.

#6179 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

My guess is distros have them by Thursday and locations have them by the 23rd.

That is possible but my initial statement was they'd have to announce the game before retailers can start delivering on thursday/ friday.
Tomorrow would be kinda late if you want to pull that stunt.

#6180 4 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

That is possible but my initial statement was they'd have to announce the game before retailers can start delivering on thursday/ friday.

Why do they have to announce the game before distros get them? Why not the moment they get them? Stern is clearly playing this way different than they normally do, or have ever done since I’ve been in the hobby.

#6181 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Why do they have to announce the game before distros get them? Why not the moment they get them? Stern is clearly playing this way different than they normally do, or have ever done since I’ve been in the hobby.

I didn't write anything about that. The distros can buy whatever they want.

But they only deliver games that people actually ordered.

So when (IF) machines arrive at distros on thursday, and they could start delivering them before the holiday, they should be able to take orders (best beforehand).

To be able to take orders/ get orders in the game has to be announced.

So when would someone as a distro like the game to be announced, to get orders in and deliver in time for christmas without getting a heart attack?

#6182 4 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

To be able to take orders/ get orders in the game has to be announced.

Again, this release is being handled very differently than Past releases for some reason.

#6183 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Again, this release is being handled very differently than Past releases for some reason.

Well, maybe. But you still only deliver games to people who pay you for doing so.

#6184 4 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Well, maybe. But you still only deliver games to people who pay you for doing so.

Right. People have already ordered and paid for them from what I’m told. They will be shipped them ASAP after announcement. Maybe they are only letting stern army locations do this.

#6185 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

Right. People have already ordered and paid for them from what I’m told. They will be shipped them ASAP after announcement. Maybe they are only letting stern army locations do this.

Fingers crossed....

#6186 4 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Instant win.

My friend was offered the game and he could have picked up late last week. So some distros must already have them.

#6187 4 years ago
Quoted from Roostking:

My friend was offered the game and he could have picked up late last week. S ok me distros must already have them.

Thats the way to do it. Get the distributors full, then open the feeding portal and dispense....

#6188 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I hope you're right.

#6189 4 years ago
Quoted from chad:

Thats the way to do it. Get the distributors full, then open the feeding portal and dispense....

See the game, buy the game, play the game.

I would imagine most distributors would be open all the way up to Christmas Eve day.

#6190 4 years ago

Then open up right after Christmas to sell more pins.

#6191 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

People are buying games completely blind? That's crazy. Wouldn't you at least like to see a picture or have some description of what you are buying? It's not like every Stern has been a masterpiece.

#6192 4 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

People are buying games completely blind? That's crazy. Wouldn't you at least like to see a picture or have some description of what you are buying? It's not like every Stern has been a masterpiece.

I think there are still several operators that get the latest Stern regardless - and get it on the floor. Home buyers typically want to see it first - but for some theme is all they need (and they will ditch it later if they don't like it). Sad, but true. Good for them I guess to have that financial ability.

Money is all relative. I don't mind paying 5 bucks to have someone bring my pizza to me on Friday movie night at home. Others will take 30+ minutes to go there and back to pick it up and save the 5 bucks. Some lucky people can do that with pins, and cars, etc.

#6193 4 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

I think OPs are just buying them. Maybe only stern army locations. Most of them buy every new stern.

#6194 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I think OPs are just buying them. Maybe only stern army locations. Most of them buy every new stern.

Locations like that, how long do you figure it would be for any random new Stern to make back it's cost?

#6195 4 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

Locations like that, how long do you figure it would be for any random new Stern to make back it's cost?

My guess 2 to 3 years, depending on the location ( lot of players, tourneys) . And how well the game is advertised....

Edit: And split between op and location.

#6196 4 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

Depends on the location. I know my local bar has paid them off in less than a year in some cases. Just have to roll them out and see what happens. This assumes a 100% take.

#6197 4 years ago

Next thing I’ll be hearing is Santa - Aka Gary Stern will be dropping the new pin off via sleigh to all Stern Insiders on Xmas Eve. Chucking them down the chimney..........gee whiz .......what have you boys been smoking

#6198 4 years ago

Principle Skinner and Mrs Krabapel were in the closet playing Stranger Things pinball and I saw one of the pins and it looked at me

#6199 4 years ago
Quoted from Boat:

Principle Skinner and Mrs Krabapel were in the closet playing Stranger Things pinball and I saw one of the pins and it looked at me

#6200 4 years ago
Quoted from Sako-TRG:

Next thing I’ll be hearing is Santa - Aka Gary Stern will be dropping the new pin off via sleigh to all Stern Insiders on Xmas Eve. Chucking them down the chimney..........gee whiz .......what have you boys been smoking

Next thing you know you will say Santa is not real!

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
Cabinet - Toppers
+CY Universal
Toppers
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
Shooter rods
$ 9.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 9.99
Cabinet - Other
Bent Mods
Other
$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
CRCades
Toys/Add-ons
$ 35.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 17.50
$ 75.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
3D Tech. Pinball Parts
Toys/Add-ons
$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 7,395.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
$ 24.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 8,600.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place
Pinball Machine
$ 29.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Photos LLC
Decorations
$ 3.00
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
€ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
$ 10.00
Playfield - Protection
UpKick Pinball
Protection
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie
Other
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs
Protection
$ 9,799.00
Pinball Machine
Gameroom Goodies Arizona
Pinball Machine
$ 45.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
Toys/Add-ons
$ 44.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark
Shooter rods
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 46,153 posts in this topic. You are on page 124 of 924.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine/page/124?hl=grandnational007 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.