Nelson (resized).png
Andre (resized).png
dad_lg-min (resized).jpg
E497E3E8-872D-4DC9-B95B-17AFBD94F4D0 (resized).jpeg
23DC2D2F-A90E-4CA2-98A1-F19762374E3D (resized).jpeg
FDD39C64-5E43-4A2A-80EF-54E82F1F62E3 (resized).jpeg
Keanu (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 46,759 posts in this topic. You are on page 123 of 936.
#6101 4 years ago
Quoted from fisherdaman:

I think you underestimate the popularity of stranger things. I would say its on par if not greater than walking dead, and walking dead is hands down one of the most popular stern pins on route. I liked Jaws growing up but I think its way past its prime at this point.

I don’t think jaws is out, but stranger things is definitely in

#6102 4 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

I don’t think jaws is out, but stranger things is definitely in

Its Stranger Things

#6103 4 years ago
Quoted from fisherdaman:

I think you underestimate the popularity of stranger things. I would say its on par if not greater than walking dead, and walking dead is hands down one of the most popular stern pins on route. I liked Jaws growing up but I think its way past its prime at this point.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cnbc.com/amp/2019/07/11/stranger-things-had-record-viewership-in-first-four-days.html

#6104 4 years ago
Quoted from fisherdaman:

Well would almost agree,, but Stranger Things is only season 3 vs Walking Dead and however many seasons there are now and the show tanked. Anyhow keep in mind Walking Dead already had a huge following in the comic book realm.

The Walking Dead Pinball machine is fun, do enjoy that one for sure.

#6105 4 years ago

From Dusk 'Till Dawn, Cheech would have some great callouts. Sex Machine's Gun skillshot. Santanico Pandemonium Boa snake ramp. Punching holes through the bar wall to let sunlight in and fry vampires. A Titty Twister multi-ball feature where a ball gets sucked into a vortex and shot out to a gas station that explodes.

#6106 4 years ago
Quoted from Venom77:

Well would almost agree,, but Stranger Things is only season 3 vs Walking Dead and however many seasons there are now and the show tanked. Anyhow keep in mind Walking Dead already had a huge following in the comic book realm.
The Walking Dead Pinball machine is fun, do enjoy that one for sure.

When Stern made TWD, the show was only on its 3rd season, maybe the 4th season was due to premiere the same year of release.

So it would line up identical with Stranger Things being 3 seasons in with 4th going into production/premiering next year.

#6107 4 years ago
Quoted from Venom77:

I vote for JAWS
I don't see STERN mass producing any table that isn't generically close to fitting a lot of their buyer audience. Safer sales for them in such after all they are there to make money. Not that Stranger things wouldn't be cool but there are a lot of people out there that have never even seen that show and or even like it. I just cant see STERN alienating half or a quarter of their sales in a theme that does not fit most of the audiences that would buy it. At that point, time is money... the setup of the production line would actually loose money in projected sales picking a theme that would not sell
double then a more popular theme/Lisc machine would.

Unlike AP and JJP, I don't think any reps from Stern read Pinside. If they do, I'd like to IMPLORE them to make a JAWS pin. I've heard the arguments that it would be too expensive to have to deal with the estates of the film's principals, but wasn't that the same problem with Ghostbusters? They could find a way to get around the licensing fees paid to the actors in JAWS the same way they did with Ghostbusters. And JAWS would be such an awesome machine with (in my estimation) very broad appeal. I like Stranger Things - very entertaining show. It would make a cool pin, I think. But JAWS is where it's at. Man, I hope they make that pin.

#6108 4 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

If I were to hazard a guess as to why not - at least when the movie version was made - it would be the current controversial nature of the Confederate flag on the roof of the Dodge Charger General Lee. It would have made for a good backglass with Jessica Simpson in those Daisy Duke cutoff shorts standing in front with the bright orange car jumping over a police car behind her.

Id love to see the SJW heads exploxe lol. Never happen though.

Mad Max should happen!!

#6109 4 years ago

Anyone seen confirmation on the announcement date from Stern fpor ST?
Now that we know it's ST we should now expect a teaser video, official announcement, followed by some cool changes....I heard.

#6110 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckcasey:

Every green blob to this thread I think is leaks of STTH (I just made that abbreviation up).

Don't post if you don't have something for us to shoot up!

#6111 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckcasey:

Now that we know it's ST we should now expect a teaser video, official announcement, followed by some cool changes....I heard.

Star trek is one of Sterns best and Gary's favourite!

#6112 4 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

not shocked to hear there are plenty of Woah Nellie's unsold.
Bit more surprised about Spiderman Vault Premium still kicking around.
If Marco just acquired this stock, I sure hope they didn't pay full price for the Transformers and WWE LEs.
But also it just looks better for them to have a wider stock? Maybe they some around so s flashier inventory for the pinball newcomers with money to burn.

The Transformers are not NIB from Marco sight "Stern TRANSFORMERS LE- DECEPTICON Limited Edition Pinball Machine.
Stern TRANSFORMERS Launch Party at Pinball Expo 2011

#6113 4 years ago

I’m guessing at this point we’re not seeing another release in 2019.

What do you guys think?

#6114 4 years ago

Hoping we at least get the announcement. I want to see it b4 i decide on next pin. Im ready to buy!

#6115 4 years ago

Run of Stranger Things before Christmas.

#6116 4 years ago
Quoted from Lounge:

I’d really like to see a Rick and Morty - you could do some really cool rules and layouts.

Well, how bout’ that.....

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/rick-amp-morty-pinball-from-spooky

#6117 4 years ago
Quoted from Wakky:

Star trek is one of Sterns best and Gary's favourite!

I almost bought a Star Trek until JP2 came out. Bought a JP2 premium and LOVE it. Obviously I feel JP2 is a better game. And yes, I’ve played both, and I do like Star Trek but JP2 is amazing.

#6118 4 years ago
Quoted from Lounge:

I almost bought a Star Trek until JP2 came out. Bought a JP2 premium and LOVE it. Obviously I feel JP2 is a better game. And yes, I’ve played both, and I do like Star Trek but JP2 is amazing.

I have a 4k virtual cab as well with hundreds of tables. But star trek gets like 50% of the plays. Love that game! Ive played JP2 a bunch as well and its great. Gotta figure out how that missile works...

#6119 4 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

pro i'm assuming? wish they would do premium

#6120 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

pro i'm assuming? wish they would do premium

Yes, could be a small run .

#6121 4 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Running out of time for an announcement aren’t we? Although there was a rumour the new stern (Stranger things) went on the line this Monday, so until Stern leaks something or makes an official announcement who knows....

#6122 4 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Running out of time for an announcement aren’t we? Although there was a rumour the new stern (Stranger things) went on the line this Monday, so until Stern leaks something or makes an official announcement who knows....

this would prob be the tightest I've seen considering even if they announced monday, that's basically a week or so! if anyone can do it, Stern can though.

With JP prem being their absolute best, I'm hyped for this.

#6123 4 years ago

As long as it looks good Im putting an order in for a premium. Very excited for theme and all the possibilities

#6124 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

this would prob be the tightest I've seen considering even if they announced monday, that's basically a week or so! if anyone can do it, Stern can though.
With JP prem being their absolute best, I'm hyped for this.

We love our JP2 also. There has been some very solid stern games of late! My next pin will be either rick and morty or stranger things (if the rumor is true).

#6125 4 years ago

Kapow, foam core playfield, Warner Brothers ... let's see if Big K can nail this rumor down.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#6126 4 years ago
Quoted from chad:

Kapow, foam core playfield, Warner Brothers ... let's see if Big K can nail this rumor down.

whom really cares TBT. Elvira is such a complete and utter design mess that I dont know how anyone could be interest in another Kapow/Stern mash up.

You can tell EV3 was at one point a well designed game that had a whole other team bean count and engineer it through the finish line with zero passion.
I honestly have never seen a game with as many issues out of the box and just insanely dumb engineering and build quality problems. Real shame because the game is fun to shoot if it ever works correctly. Super cheap switches, new optos that are junk, and just silly design flaws.

Unless Kapow is hired on for the whole process, then I will be specifically avoiding Kapow games.

#6127 4 years ago

I played Elvira on location for like 2 hours yesterday it was amazing. I'd take another one.

#6128 4 years ago

Im really excited if its Stranger Things but one quick read of the thread about stern and their bs ignoring people for months with major pf issues straight out the box has me keeping my hands firmly in my pockets until we see physical proof of better QC. If you buy based on theme and not quality and have issues I really will have to say you brought it on yourself. Good luck to those who do!

#6129 4 years ago
Quoted from Chalkey:

I played Elvira on location for like 2 hours yesterday it was amazing. I'd take another one.

We got one on location now. It’s been playing perfect right out of the box. Been running 2 weeks with a couple hundred games now.

#6130 4 years ago

This week is going to be fun.

#6131 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

This week is going to be fun.

Chuck... do you know something...?

#6132 4 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Chuck... do you know something...?

I know nothing Jon Snow. I just know that Stranger Things is a badass theme for pinball!

#6133 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

whom really cares TBT. Elvira is such a complete and utter design mess that I dont know how anyone could be interest in another Kapow/Stern mash up.
You can tell EV3 was at one point a well designed game that had a whole other team bean count and engineer it through the finish line with zero passion.
I honestly have never seen a game with as many issues out of the box and just insanely dumb engineering and build quality problems. Real shame because the game is fun to shoot if it ever works correctly. Super cheap switches, new optos that are junk, and just silly design flaws.

If you are going to bash a game, you should get your facts straight.

Kapow had nothing to do with Elvira. It was designed by Dennis Norman and Greg Ferres with input from Cassandra. When the game was delayed, Greg took over as lead.

According to Dennis, the game is pretty much as he designed with two notable changes - the left DD ramp was dropped (by Dennis) because the physics didn’t work the way they wanted and the mechanical wheel of date on the left out lane was removed (unclear to me by whom). If you listened to the Elvira 3 panel at Expo, it is pretty clear there was plenty of passion. And there was no “whole other team” involved - same group minus Dennis.

Any build quality problems certainly belong to Stern, but, so far, Elvira doesn’t seem to have any more issues out of the box then other recent titles. That’s not an endorsement of Stern quality, as I agree there are many things Stern can improve. Nothing supports your claim that the optos are junk (issues with some of the mounts - yes) and the switches are no different than recent games (at least there are no stupid mono targets). As for silly design flaws - maybe the placement of the right gargoyle and/or the attachment of the spring in the lift ramp assembly. But neither is fatal.

#6134 4 years ago
Quoted from chuckwurt:

I know nothing Jon Snow. I just know that Stranger Things is a badass theme for pinball!

Don‘t be so harsh on yourself.
You can read, write, whistle GoT Rules in morse code...

#6135 4 years ago

Super disappointed Mean Girls isnt going to be the next pin, but Stranger Things should be amazing. Just sooooooo much to work with. Started re watching the first season last night, super pumped.

#6136 4 years ago

Maybe Stern dumped Beetlejuice because they didn't want to exceed their Winona Ryder quota for the year?

#6137 4 years ago
Quoted from benheck:

Maybe Stern dumped Beetlejuice because they didn't want to exceed their Winona Ryder quota for the year?

Stop reminding me how much id love a Beetlejuice pin

#6139 4 years ago

Stranger Things confirmed for a 12/23 announcement. In the meantime I found this...

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg
#6140 4 years ago
Quoted from corvair61:

Stranger Things confirmed for a 12/23 announcement. In the meantime I found this...[quoted image]

Congrats!!

#6141 4 years ago
Quoted from corvair61:

Stranger Things confirmed for a 12/23 announcement. In the meantime I found this...[quoted image]

Low numbers of pros available on release.

Grapevine

#6142 4 years ago

23rd doesn’t give much time for orders unless these are rolling out to distributors before announcement!??

#6143 4 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

23rd doesn’t give much time for orders unless these are rolling out to distributors before announcement!??

That would make the most sense.
I hope this pin is great.

#6144 4 years ago

If 23 Dec is true (for Stranger Things), that makes it Xmas eve for us living in the future. C’mon Santa!

#6145 4 years ago

If games have been on the line since last week maybe we will see the reveal/announcement this week? Stern might try to take some of the wind out of Spookys sails as they did the official rick and Morty reveal and it looks pretty damn good.

#6146 4 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

If games have been on the line since last week maybe we will see the reveal/announcement this week? Stern might try to take some of the wind out of Spookys sails as they did the official rick and Morty reveal and it looks pretty damn good.

I thought they might do this.

However Spooky will probably be sold out before they announce now.

But with Stranger Things on boats as we speak, announcement must be close!

#6147 4 years ago

Almost picked up an Avengers because I was jonesing to fill a final spot. Glad I didn’t!

#6148 4 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

If you are going to bash a game, you should get your facts straight.

Kapow had nothing to do with Elvira. It was designed by Dennis Norman and Greg Ferres with input from Cassandra. When the game was delayed, Greg took over as lead.

my apologies. I thought all of the 1 off games (Beatles, BM66, etc...) were part of the kapow licensing thing.

Either way, the point still stands. The game was obviously 2 separate teams. I find it impossible to believe that Dennis allowed a game like this to go out the door.

Issues about for many and it is largely due to poor design/engineering decisions.

#6149 4 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Low numbers of pros available on release.
Grapevine

Predicting shipments delivered same day or just after Christmas for some Pros.

#6150 4 years ago
Quoted from Whysnow:

my apologies. I thought all of the 1 off games (Beatles, BM66, etc...) were part of the kapow licensing thing.
The game was obviously 2 separate teams. I find it impossible to believe that Dennis allowed a game like this to go out the door.

Not two separate teams. Same team at Stern. When Dennis left, the rest of the team stayed and Greg took over as lead. You seem to be the only one having major issues with the game. (I thought you weren’t buying any more Sterns until they took care of your playfield issues. Is this perhaps some payback bashing?)

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 100.00
Playfield - Protection
Chrome Candy

$ 24.95
$ 19.00
Cabinet - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

£ 70.00
Playfield - Decals
Sillyoldelf Mods

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
FlipMods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Dacula, GA
$ 24.95
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 35.00
Playfield - Protection
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 20.00
Lighting - Other
Pin Monk

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 16.50
Lighting - Led
Lermods

6,800 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Allen Park, MI
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 47.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Space Coast Pinball

$ 150.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
FlipMods

$ 7,995.00
Pinball Machine
Maine Home Recreation

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

There are 46,759 posts in this topic. You are on page 123 of 936.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine/page/123?hl=blackwaterop and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.