Albumism_TheCars_TheCars_16x9.jpg
IMG_1935 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240412_203046_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240412_203117_Chrome (resized).jpg
DSC06496 (resized).JPG
DSC06495 (resized).JPG
DSC05223 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 46,871 posts in this topic. You are on page 122 of 938.
#6051 4 years ago

Mission Impossible would be cool. Ving Rhames callouts would be good.

#6052 4 years ago
Quoted from 2pupPinz:

I'd prefer his call-outs in Piranha

#6053 4 years ago
Quoted from 2pupPinz:

I’d love a mission impossible along with a new bond pin, thought up ideas for both over the years and the MI films have gotten better and better with bigger box office returns, seems a no brainer.

Gotto have a magna ball save between the flippers for the computer room drop from the first film.

#6054 4 years ago

So much for stern to work with to make Stranger things great.

91A4A99F-878A-43EB-B508-9B95F1E87BB4 (resized).png91A4A99F-878A-43EB-B508-9B95F1E87BB4 (resized).png
#6055 4 years ago

---> bloodstain

Nice.

#6056 4 years ago

David Bowie

#6057 4 years ago

I know it's not next or anytime soon but a David Bowie music pin could be very cool and original. The guy is planetary and probably popular on Mars and brought so much creativity to music. So much material to work with.

#6058 4 years ago
Quoted from JY64:

Ed Sheeran I don't even know who he is.

LOL. I never heard of him. Had to duckduckgo his name just now.

#6059 4 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

LOL. I never heard of him. Had to duckduckgo his name just now.

I had to Google duckduckgo so I dont think it has earned verb status yet lol

#6060 4 years ago

Just don’t understand why no one has done Bladerunner.
Totally iconic masterclass of a production.
Well suited to being a class act of a pin and the right era for the old geezers in charge at Stern.
This would surely keep the line moving for a while.....

#6061 4 years ago

Ok it’s Tuesday where is the ninja turtles revile?

#6062 4 years ago
Quoted from V8haha:

Ok it’s Tuesday where is the ninja turtles revile?

TMNT revile is on the second Tuesday of next week!

#6063 4 years ago

Im not that interested in a TMNT pin, but I cant say I would revile it.

#6064 4 years ago
Quoted from Sinistarrett:

Im not that interested in a TMNT pin, but I cant say I would revile it.

I might. Man that's a color job that could go south in a hurry.

#6065 4 years ago
Quoted from Sako-TRG:

Totally iconic masterclass of a production.
Well suited to being a class act of a pin and the right era for the old geezers in charge at Stern.
This would surely keep the line moving for a while.....

Actually I don't see it. Sure, for the time the visuals were amazing, and they stand up, but the storyline, not so much. I can't see it making a good pin at all. Not a whole lot to work with by today's standards. Now...as an old EM or early SS where really you only have the artwork that has anything to do with the theme, and the gameplay itself is generic rules, then sure...but not with todays rulesets.

#6066 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

Actually I don't see it. Sure, for the time the visuals were amazing, and they stand up, but the storyline, not so much. I can't see it making a good pin at all. Not a whole lot to work with by today's standards. Now...as an old EM or early SS where really you only have the artwork that has anything to do with the theme, and the gameplay itself is generic rules, then sure...but not with todays rulesets.

JM is a William Gibson short story, way thinner than "Do androids dream of electric sheep?" by PK Dick (the Bladerunner inspiration). JM turned into GG's best game to date and by today's standard holding up mighty fine. Just sayin'

Quoted from Sako-TRG:

On my top dream themes along with The Fifth Element, Resident Evil and Battlestar Galactica.

#6067 4 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Hmm. Revile instead of reveal...intentional disdain, Freudian slip, or simple error?

#6068 4 years ago
Quoted from dri:

JM is a William Gibson short story, way thinner than "Do androids dream of electric sheep?" by PK Dick (the Bladerunner inspiration). JM turned into GG's best game to date and by today's standard holding up mighty fine. Just sayin'

On my top dream themes along with The Fifth Element, Resident Evil and Battlestar Galactica.

You're not wrong, in the right hands almost anything could be turned into a workable pinball machine.

#6069 4 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

There is more than one Tuesday in a week?

#6070 4 years ago

Stern should really consider getting Beavis and Butthead. It could have music, comedy and would appeal to a large demographic that are usually pinball buyers. If done right, could be epic. So many good quotes could be used for the game.

Probably rival Spooky’s R&M level of hype.

#6071 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

You're not wrong, in the right hands almost anything could be turned into a workable pinball machine.

Hello. The Shadow. Proof of posit. Amazing game. Terrible movie.

#6072 4 years ago

Stranger Things sounds fun, but Brian Eddy on The Matrix would be epic.

#6073 4 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

second Tuesday of next week

That's the date that my mother would always tell me that I was going to get a mini-bike when I was a kid. Fell for it every time.

#6074 4 years ago

Forget the NEXT stern pin for a moment, let's ponder an email from Marco I just got about NIB pins they have in stock for christmas and WWE LE and Transformers LE are on the list. I wonder how many distributors have these unwanted LEs rotting in their warehouses. TFLE was 8 years ago, WWE almost 5. They ain't selling for anything but a blowout price.
marco-12-2019-sale (resized).jpgmarco-12-2019-sale (resized).jpg

And honestly, does a WWE LE under a pinhead's Christmas tree REALLY say "I love you"? Or is it more of a passive aggressive move from a pin culture-hating wife or girlfriend?

#6075 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Forget the NEXT stern pin for a moment, let's ponder an email from Marco I just got about NIB pins they have in stock for christmas and WWE LE and Transformers LE are on the list. I wonder how many distributors have these unwanted LEs rotting in their warehouses. TFLE was 8 years ago, WWE almost 5. They ain't selling for anything but a blowout price.
[quoted image]
And honestly, does a WWE LE under a pinhead's Christmas tree REALLY say "I love you"? Or is it more of a passive aggressive move from a pin culture-hating wife or girlfriend?

Never saw that life or played it, is it really that bad? I figure there is fun to be had for somebody that likes the theme maybe?

#6076 4 years ago
Quoted from T3quila:

Never saw that life or played it, is it really that bad? I figure there is fun to be had for somebody that likes the theme maybe?

Transformers and WWE are both terrible, but in different ways. Transformers is just boring, and WWE has a weird layout with too much time spent in that giant ring that's dumb (and the wheel things on the LE don't move the ball around as much as you'd imagine). It's no wonder Stern gives WWE LEs away as tournament prizes to draw down what is likely way more warehouse stock than they should have of any LE pin after 5 years.

But it would be interesting to know how many of these are rotting in distributor warehouses still.

#6077 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Transformers and WWE are both terrible, but in different ways. Transformers is just boring, and WWE has a weird layout with too much time spent in that giant ring that's dumb (and the wheel things on the LE don't move the ball around as much as you'd imagine). It's no wonder Stern gives WWE LEs away as tournament prizes to draw down what is likely way more warehouse stock than they should have of any LE pin after 5 years.
But it would be interesting to know how many of these are rotting in distributor warehouses still.

That's rather unfortunate. I guess with that many pins Stern makes, every now and then there is a stinker amongst them.

Do distributors sell on commission and can send them back if they don't sell them or do they have to purchase them for resale?

#6078 4 years ago
Quoted from T3quila:

That's rather unfortunate. I guess with that many pins Stern makes, every now and then there is a stinker amongst them.
Do distributors sell on commission and can send them back if they don't sell them or do they have to purchase them for resale?

High volume distributors can probably cut a deal with Stern to mark them down, but that inventory is owned by the distributors when they take delivery. I'm just surprised that hasn't happened. Bally/Williams used to have awesome blowout deals on NIB slow-moving stock just to be done with it. They clearanced Cirqus Voltaire for like $2000ish if I remember right.

#6079 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

High volume distributors can probably cut a deal with Stern to mark them down, but that inventory is owned by the distributors when they take delivery. I'm just surprised that hasn't happened. Bally/Williams used to have awesome blowout deals on NIB slow-moving stock just to be done with it. They clearanced Cirqus Voltaire for like $2000ish if I remember right.

Ooof, that doesn't sound like as if small distributors are getting rich from any of that...

#6080 4 years ago

Out of that list above ^^^^, I’d take the Batman 66 LE from Santa - since I already have the Premium - wouldn’t say no to the DP LE either... which I’ve never played
BM amazing game - love it!

#6081 4 years ago

I'm sure there's an Avengers sitting in some distro's basement somewhere. That distro's wishing it was a Transformers...

#6082 4 years ago

..... And people were saying JPLE were sold out. So much Pinball hype around low stock. Reality is, you'll be able to get one. Chill.

#6083 4 years ago

SW LE been out 2+ years.

#6084 4 years ago

not shocked to hear there are plenty of Woah Nellie's unsold.
Bit more surprised about Spiderman Vault Premium still kicking around.

If Marco just acquired this stock, I sure hope they didn't pay full price for the Transformers and WWE LEs.
But also it just looks better for them to have a wider stock? Maybe they some around so s flashier inventory for the pinball newcomers with money to burn.

#6085 4 years ago

It will be Marcos stock at the prices they often charge for stuff I’m hardly surprised they have so much stock left.

#6086 4 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

I'm sure there's an Avengers sitting in some distro's basement somewhere. That distro's wishing it was a Transformers...

wasn't avengers sales so bad that they ended up offloading them at Costco or some warehouse club?

#6087 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

The first time I played Circus Voltaire was at my distributor. He offered me his floor model CV for 1600 out the door. I passed because no one wanted to play them on location.

#6088 4 years ago

I would like to see a Dukes of Hazzard pinball. Iam surprised one was never produced as popular the TV show was back in the 80's.

#6089 4 years ago
Quoted from gregh43:

I would like to see a Dukes of Hazzard pinball.
I am surprised one was never produced as popular as the TV show was.

If I were to hazard a guess as to why not - at least when the movie version was made - it would be the current controversial nature of the Confederate flag on the roof of the Dodge Charger General Lee. It would have made for a good backglass with Jessica Simpson in those Daisy Duke cutoff shorts standing in front with the bright orange car jumping over a police car behind her.

#6090 4 years ago
Quoted from freeplay3:

The first time I played Circus Voltaire was at my distributor. He offered me his floor model CV for 1600 out the door. I passed because no one wanted to play them on location.

They were being sold at close out prices NIB for $1800....I was a dealing with paying off student loans at that point or I’d have one now...

#6091 4 years ago
Quoted from gregh43:

I would like to see a Dukes of Hazzard pinball. Iam surprised one was never produced as popular the TV show was back in the 80's.

I think it would disappoint as they probably wouldn’t use the confederate flag and the fans wouldn’t like that.

#6092 4 years ago
Quoted from Wmsfan-GAP:

They were being sold at close out prices NIB for $1800....I was a dealing with paying off student loans at that point or I’d have one now...

Back then was a glorious time. I had a retail shop. No ebay or pinside to compete with me. Most people came in the shop not knowing you could buy a pinball for home. Close outside were awesome. Baywatch, golden eye, dirty harry for 1800 new in box. Sure there were more. The real steal were all the big operators and distributors who were overflowing with junk pinballs that were happy to have me haul them away for cheap. Tz for 600 whirlwinds and diners for 250 to 300 each. Addams were hard to score but even then I never paid over 1500.

I miss those days.

#6093 4 years ago
Quoted from freeplay3:

To this day I'll never understand that. I absolutely loved this game the first time I saw it on location. Loved to play it too. I probably would have owned one had I known that had happened, the only ones I ever saw were really beat up.

#6094 4 years ago
Quoted from Zablon:

To this day I'll never understand that. I absolutely loved this game the first time I saw it on location. Loved to play it too. I probably would have owned one had I known that had happened, the only ones I ever saw were really beat up.

You have to put it in context. It was too weird of a theme with weird colors and a French-ish, feminine male ringmaster, plus moving the display into the cabinet. Unlike anything else at the time. Location shock.

#6095 4 years ago

Nothing yet? ZZZZZZZZZZZZ

#6096 4 years ago

Going with Stranger Thing's

#6097 4 years ago
Quoted from freeplay3:

Back then was a glorious time. I had a retail shop. No ebay or pinside to compete with me. Most people came in the shop not knowing you could buy a pinball for home. Close outside were awesome. Baywatch, golden eye, dirty harry for 1800 new in box. Sure there were more. The real steal were all the big operators and distributors who were overflowing with junk pinballs that were happy to have me haul them away for cheap. Tz for 600 whirlwinds and diners for 250 to 300 each. Addams were hard to score but even then I never paid over 1500.
I miss those days.

Kills me that I didn't get into pinball until much later. $1800 was still a decent amount of money back then - close to $3000. Could of got a lot of now expensive games for cheap. Amazing how much the internet has changed our lives and economics in such a short time.

#6098 4 years ago

All prices in Australian dollars; In 1991 I purchased my first pinball, haunted house for $350. I then bought a KISS pinball for $400 a few months later and then sold Haunted house and bought Gorgar for $350. I bought and sold (just for home use) pinballs for 15 years or so and then got divorced and had to sell my lethal weapon 3 in 2016 for $2200. Now 3 years later, lethal Weapon 3 is going for at least double that and any decent 90s pinball is going for 5-8k. Prices of 80s and 90s machines are so insane that when i decided to jump back in about 6 months ago, I decided it made little sense to get an old machine with potential issues at those prices and I forked out 13k for a Batman 66 (catwoman edition) which I LOVE. Just wish I could afford a second pinball!

#6099 4 years ago

I vote for JAWS

I don't see STERN mass producing any table that isn't generically close to fitting a lot of their buyer audience. Safer sales for them in such after all they are there to make money. Not that Stranger things wouldn't be cool but there are a lot of people out there that have never even seen that show and or even like it. I just cant see STERN alienating half or a quarter of their sales in a theme that does not fit most of the audiences that would buy it. At that point, time is money... the setup of the production line would actually loose money in projected sales picking a theme that would not sell
double then a more popular theme/Lisc machine would.

#6100 4 years ago
Quoted from Venom77:

I vote for JAWS
I don't see STERN mass producing any table that isn't generically close to fitting a lot of their buyer audience. Safer sales for them in such after all they are there to make money. Not that Stranger things wouldn't be cool but there are a lot of people out there that have never even seen that show and or even like it. I just cant see STERN alienating half or a quarter of their sales in a theme that does not fit most of the audiences that would buy it. At that point, time is money... the setup of the production line would actually loose money in projected sales picking a theme that would not sale double then a more popular theme/Lisc machine would.

I think you underestimate the popularity of stranger things. I would say its on par if not greater than walking dead, and walking dead is hands down one of the most popular stern pins on route. I liked Jaws growing up but I think its way past its prime at this point.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 90.00
Playfield - Other
RavSpec

6,700 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Wake Forest, NC
$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Oakhurst, CA
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
BomberMods

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Vernon, BC
$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

Machine - For Sale
Mt Zion, IL
$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

$ 30.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 55.00
Playfield - Protection
Tucson Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 46,871 posts in this topic. You are on page 122 of 938.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine/page/122?hl=sako-trg and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.