Screenshot_20240412_203046_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240412_203117_Chrome (resized).jpg
DSC06496 (resized).JPG
DSC06495 (resized).JPG
DSC05223 (resized).JPG
dr (resized).jpg
IMG_2624 (resized).jpeg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 46,838 posts in this topic. You are on page 120 of 937.
#5951 4 years ago
Quoted from aingide:

Wow. If it's actually Stranger Things, and they got it in a box and overseas before they've even announced it, that's really impressive.

They did that with Munsters.

#5952 4 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

Oh man...No I am stuck between getting Rick and Morty or Stranger Things.

I might be alone on this but I feel Stern has watered down their pins to the point that I don’t want anything they make. Rick and Morty will have more features, better build quality and more assets than a Stern Stranger Things. Let’s see...Stern took JP and turned it into a generic dinosaur game. Some what is ST going to be? A pin about a mall? At this point in time you don’t want Stern making your dream theme.

#5953 4 years ago

Speaking of game leaks...

Check out the giant leek in this bathroom. Someone call a plumber!

Screenshot_20191204-182457 (resized).jpgScreenshot_20191204-182457 (resized).jpg
#5954 4 years ago
Quoted from Extraballz:

I might be alone on this but I feel Stern has watered down their pins to the point that I don’t want anything they make. Rick and Morty will have more features, better build quality and more assets than a Stern Stranger Things. Let’s see...Stern took JP and turned it into a generic dinosaur game. Some what is ST going to be? A pin about a mall? At this point in time you don’t want Stern making your dream theme.

I dunno. Im in love with deadpool which I own. They certainly dont have as many features as JJP but then again the price point is lower. Really hoping for stranger things.....

#5955 4 years ago
Quoted from Extraballz:

At this point in time you don’t want Stern making your dream theme.

Maybe. But sometimes the choice is between Stern making it and nobody making it.

My dream TV pin was GoT, dream movie pin was TBL, and dream music pin was Primus. Not a good track record.

I'm 0-3, so I don't frame games in the context of "dream theme" anymore...I'd rather go in cold and just react to what's been built. Never been happier.

#5956 4 years ago
Quoted from aingide:

I'm 0-3, so I don't frame games in the context of "dream theme" anymore...

Man GOT was awesome, but I'm happy anytime someone gets over the "dream theme" schtik.

#5957 4 years ago
Quoted from fisherdaman:

[quoted image]

LOL. Not even close to a boomer.

#5958 4 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

LOL. Not even close to a boomer.

Kids today can't count beyond Tide Pod.

#5959 4 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Man GOT was awesome, but I'm happy anytime someone gets over the "dream theme" schtik.

GoT is a top 10 Stern for me, but it's because the rules are amazing. I eventually bought one! Theme was absolutely horribly executed though.

#5960 4 years ago
Quoted from aingide:

Theme was absolutely horribly executed though.

Yup, that's why dream themes are so deadly. You work yourself up so heavy imagining it that they can rarely meet expectations.

#5961 4 years ago
Quoted from Extraballz:

Wrong.

#5962 4 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Check out the giant leek in this bathroom. Someone call a plumber![quoted image]

Hatsune Miku?

#5963 4 years ago

Stranger Things

#5964 4 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

You mean besides the fact that it is an adult swim rehash of an 80's move. Or that the main people are Rick (Doc) and Morty (Marty) that travel in a space ship that copy's the DeLorien. Nope nothing from the 80's movie rehashed here.

Other than a scientist (Doc/Rick) and a kid (Marty/Morty) there isnt much similarity. How does a saucer shaped ship made of scraps like a delorean? It doesnt even do anything but fly. Portal guns are the preferred method of transportation. The creators of Rick and Morty have even made it abundantly clear that time travel is not a thing in their show. If anything, Rick and Morty is a modern style meta overload. No 80s themes in the show. It doesnt sound like you've actually seen the show. Just what you've gathered from a commercial.

#5965 4 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Other than a scientist (Doc/Rick) and a kid (Marty/Morty) there isnt much similarity. How does a saucer shaped ship made of scraps like a delorean? It doesnt even do anything but fly. Portal guns are the preferred method of transportation. The creators of Rick and Morty have even made it abundantly clear that time travel is not a thing in their show. If anything, Rick and Morty is a modern style meta overload. No 80s themes in the show. It doesnt sound like you've actually seen the show. Just what you've gathered from a commercial.

Yes I’ve watched the first 2 seasons then lost interest. Yes the flying saucers is taken from the deloraen. Instead of time travel they travel to dimensions. As my original post stated it was loosely based on a 80s movie. No where did it say it had references to the 80s. And it is a fact that it started out as a BtTf rehash cartoone and still is based off the main people in the show.

#5966 4 years ago

I’m sorry, really not feeling the love for Stranger Things.
I think 99% of the actors were just terrible, couldn’t act for toffee.
One big cliche..... 1st season had me slightly entertained then went down hill rapidly. Kept watching, hoping it would get better, ......... it didn’t - just ridiculously awful.
Kept falling asleep....
I’m sure Stern will hit a home run with the cabinet artwork. A young girl with a skinhead and a nosebleed all over the cabinet and a big fat fcuker cop on the playfield eating doughnuts...... the goofy looking kid on the translite...........hold on they are all goofy I’m sure it will be awesome...
Off for a few games of MET....

#5967 4 years ago
Quoted from Sako-TRG:

One big cliche..... 1st season had me slightly entertained then went down hill rapidly. Kept watching, hoping it would get better, ......... it didn’t - just ridiculously awful.
Kept falling asleep....
I’m sure Stern will hit a home run with the cabinet artwork. A young girl with a skinhead and a nosebleed all over the cabinet and a big fat fcuker cop on the playfield eating doughnuts...... the goofy looking kid on the translite...........hold on they are all goofy I’m sure it will be awesome...

This is a useful and thoughtful take. It’s what we all wanted...actually, what we all needed more than wanted. Sincerely, thanks very much for participating. A+ post.

#5968 4 years ago

Brian P. Eddy is an American game designer and programmer, best known for designing Attack From Mars pinball for Midway and programming FunHouse and, with Larry DeMar, The Machine: Bride of Pin*Bot. While at Williams Electronics / Midway Games, he also designed Medieval Madness,[1] and programmed Indiana Jones: The Pinball Adventure.[2]

Not a bad game designer.
Stranger Things

#5969 4 years ago

I'm interested in both. Both are modern themes that appeal to many demographics with many possibilities for great rulesets and creative gameplay. Bring them both on!

#5970 4 years ago

We need a real Syfy pin!
Dune

#5971 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

We need a real Syfy pin!
Dune

Gom Jabbar Multiball!

#5972 4 years ago

Killer Klowns from Outer Space

Will always be an immediate pre order
Regardless if it sucks or a masterpiece

#5973 4 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Brian P. Eddy is an American game designer and programmer, best known for designing Attack From Mars pinball for Midway and programming FunHouse and, with Larry DeMar, The Machine: Bride of Pin*Bot. While at Williams Electronics / Midway Games, he also designed Medieval Madness,[1] and programmed Indiana Jones: The Pinball Adventure.[2]
Not a bad game designer.
Stranger Things

Don't forget The Shadow pin too

#5974 4 years ago
Quoted from guitarded:

Gom Jabbar Multiball!

Kwisatz Haderach wizard mode!

#5975 4 years ago
Quoted from Sako-TRG:

Kept falling asleep....

And this is why...... Well I'm going to stop before I get modded.

I'll just simply downvote the ___ out of this.

#5976 4 years ago
Quoted from Extraballz:

Let’s see...Stern took JP and turned it into a generic dinosaur game.

Well, its a generic dinosaur theme, where you're working at a Dinosaur Theme Park/Zoo, you have to deal with escaped dinosaurs, power outages, collecting DNA from petrified mosquitoes, and Newman saying "Nah, nah, nah!". All while listening to John Williams music everytime you start a game. But sure, its just a generic dinosaur theme.

#5977 4 years ago
Quoted from aeonblack:

Kwisatz Haderach wizard mode!

The Tooth.

Shoot The Tooth.

#5978 4 years ago
Quoted from PW79:

Check out the giant leek in this bathroom. Someone call a plumber![quoted image]

Hint for next time ... aim for the bowl.

#5979 4 years ago
Quoted from Sako-TRG:

Kept falling asleep....

Lol. Well the good news is that you can move along then and check back 3 months later for the next stern release. I'm ready to see both stranger things and then TMNT.

#5980 4 years ago
Quoted from TheCnyPinGuy:

Killer Klowns from Outer Space
Will always be an immediate pre order
Regardless if it sucks or a masterpiece

Are you referring to this show?

51VGnkzRZaL._SX268_ (resized).jpg51VGnkzRZaL._SX268_ (resized).jpg
#5981 4 years ago

Turtles is not a “no” for me, but I am not necessarily a fan of the theme or it’s music.

Stranger things could be pretty exciting. I’m sure it tough to get enough of the rights (actors, music, art) to get the feel of the show in the game. I hope it’s a great game and I look forward to seeing it.

#5982 4 years ago
Quoted from Extraballz:

I think adding in the JP bash got you all the downvotes.

Stern ripped many pinheads off (including me) with a bad PFs and will not make it right. Their customer service as of now consists of IGNORING customers. If you want to roll the dice on quality with zero support toward serious issues, go with Stern. As much as I despise this company and hope they go out of business, they have improved in adding mechs etc. JP is pretty good value in the way of mechs; it's just that those mechs will likely break prematurely and Stern won't do dick about it.

I'm excited for other choices, and I wish JJP or Chicago or spooky (anybody but Stern) got the license to Stranger Things. That being said, Rick and Morty are sooooo much more fun as characters. The creativity by spooky will be great I'm sure.

#5983 4 years ago

Stranger Things at our location should kill it. Looking forward to this one. Hearing it will be shipped this month too, insane.

#5984 4 years ago

So anyone confirmed that there will be a release next week?

#5985 4 years ago

I enjoyed ST. Still haven’t seen all of the 3rd season. My older kids liked it. Won’t be buying one anytime soon, but if true, I’ll show to the kids and see what they think.

#5986 4 years ago
Quoted from V8haha:

So anyone confirmed that there will be a release next week?

not yet

#5987 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

Are you referring to this show?[quoted image]

Oh wow! Tripping the rift. Forgot all about that show. Used love it. Thanks for posting.

#5988 4 years ago

Here you go Stern, some input for ya....Stranger Things LE side cab decal taken care of

Well lets face it, Strangely enough ----- The Pros + Premium artworks always tend to look better.......for some bizarre reason

sebknsxr4e831 (resized).jpgsebknsxr4e831 (resized).jpg
#5989 4 years ago
Quoted from arcademojo:

And it is a fact that it started out as a BtTf rehash cartoone and still is based off the main people in the show.

The 2 main characters are based off Doc and Marty. There is literally nothing else that makes this a "bttf rehash cartoon".
Wheres the bully, the time machine, the hoverboard, the Oedipus complex, the family friendly tone,....the time travel?
Instead you get Mr meeseeks, interdimensional cable, portals, global level cronenberg mutations, the councils of Rick's, evil Morty and zero family friendliness lol.
Wabba lubba dub dub

#5990 4 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Not a bad game designer.
Stranger Things

Facts!!

#5991 4 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Instead you get Mr meeseeks, interdimensional cable, portals, global level cronenberg mutations, the councils of Rick's, evil Morty

Have you even seen BTTF? That is, point for point, the exact plot of that movie!

#5992 4 years ago

Did Zen Studios just accidentally leak that the next Stern is in fact Stranger Things?

Check out this reply I got to a tweet of mine.

Could they know something?
46D81076-0883-4EB2-B1C4-114A4323C698 (resized).png46D81076-0883-4EB2-B1C4-114A4323C698 (resized).png

#5993 4 years ago

We know stern owns the license but not sure when it is coming out yet

#5994 4 years ago
Quoted from dashv:

Did Zen Studios just accidentally leak that the next Stern is in fact Stranger Things?
Check out this reply I got to a tweet of mine.
Could they know something?
[quoted image]

It’s already been leaked.

#5995 4 years ago
Quoted from Multiballmaniac1:

It’s already been leaked.

Have any pictures been floating around? or are you just talking about the fact that its known to be coming?

#5996 4 years ago

The latter. It won’t be long before they do a trailer video.

#5997 4 years ago
Quoted from guitarded:

The Tooth.
Shoot The Tooth.

8374853E-D1AA-4E5E-8A90-71C0DB7C66DE (resized).jpeg8374853E-D1AA-4E5E-8A90-71C0DB7C66DE (resized).jpeg
#5998 4 years ago

Good thread. Love pinside and robin

#5999 4 years ago

I’ll be donating to pinside soon.

#6000 4 years ago

Luckily neither has happened...but why put spoilers in this thread?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Drumstarr mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
FlipMods

Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

7,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Westminster, CA
$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Travahontas Mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 22.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 47.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Space Coast Pinball

$ 150.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
FlipMods

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

10,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fort Lauderdale, FL
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Chrome Candy

There are 46,838 posts in this topic. You are on page 120 of 937.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine/page/120?hl=guitarded and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.