Screenshot_20240416_150533_YouTube (resized).jpg
Albumism_TheCars_TheCars_16x9.jpg
IMG_1935 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240412_203046_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240412_203117_Chrome (resized).jpg
DSC06496 (resized).JPG
DSC06495 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 46,889 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 938.
#501 7 years ago
Quoted from Strohz:

Did anybody else notice the Star Wars posters in Jody's Office from the new John's Arcade factory tower near the end? I thought it was telling that almost everything else in his office was tied into something they were working on, and it even had Aerosmith right below it [starts at 1:04:00 in video].

Well, he DID have a My Little Pony drawing on his window, so...Jody a secret Bronie?

He also has a pretty good sized Tie Fighter on his desk...

#503 7 years ago

I wonder if they will make a Def Leppard pin.

#504 7 years ago

Stern about Iron Maiden: ''We do not confirm or speculate on potential unreleased titles.'' I would say they are at least in talks or else the answer would have been NO

#505 7 years ago
Quoted from VGC1612:

Stern about Iron Maiden: ''We do not confirm or speculate on potential unreleased titles.'' I would say they are at least in talks or else the answer would have been NO

Considering that they were playing Maiden at their party and there is maiden stuff seen in factory offices AND I've heard this for about the last year, it's as close to a sure bet as we get. The only question is when. Summer still seems too soon, so I'm guessing probably after Star Wars.

#506 7 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Considering that they were playing Maiden at their party and there is maiden stuff seen in factory offices AND I've heard this for about the last year, it's as close to a sure bet as we get. The only question is when. Summer still seems too soon, so I'm guessing probably after Star Wars.

Looks like I know what my first NIB pin will be.. of course by then the LE will be $20,000...

#507 7 years ago
Quoted from Rdoyle1978:

Looks like I know what my first NIB pin will be.. of course by then the LE will be $20,000...

I can't imagine Iron Maiden sucking enough for me not to buy it. Of the music pins, probably the only one I really, REALLY want. Given the iconography, the potential is so great.

#508 7 years ago

What century are we living in? You would think they could come up with something better than that.

Just another nail in the pinball coffin.

#509 7 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

I can't imagine Iron Maiden sucking enough for me not to buy it. Of the music pins, probably the only one I really, REALLY want. Given the iconography, the potential is so great.

AGREE!

I feel bad for the aerosmith fans though... The playfield art looks amazing, but i was thinking that if it was Maiden that came out with the Flash style animations Id be absolutely bummed.

#510 7 years ago

Star Wars by years end!

IMG_7650.JPGIMG_7650.JPG

#511 7 years ago

Stern needs a "RETRO" line of game strating with game #1 Laser War.

#512 7 years ago

Mojunk.....

#513 7 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Stern needs a "RETRO" line of game strating with game #1 Laser War.

I agree, Stargazer and Quicksilver would be great remakes.

#514 7 years ago

Best guess? Tron Can Crusher.

$6595.

#515 7 years ago
Quoted from Guinnesstime:

Best guess? Tron Can Crusher.
$6595.

Perfect mix of old & new! We'll just take those pesky ramps off for you but for the same price.

#516 7 years ago
Quoted from TheLaw:

Perfect mix of old & new! We'll just take those pesky ramps off for you but for the same price.

No ramps = no airballs. Plus no Eli Ramp kit needed. They're saving us money!

2 weeks later
#517 7 years ago

I know I will take some heat for this post but I truly believe JJP would be better off with the next Star Wars Game!!!

#518 7 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

I know I will take some heat for this post but I truly believe JJP would be better off with the next Star Wars Game!!!

Absolutely. It would take them longer but only because there would be far more features in the game, a much deeper and unique ruleset, and less QC issues. Sadly that won't be the case. I just hope SW isn't another Stern rush job. Haste makes waste.

Stern can put out as many dream themes of mine as they want but I won't buy them as long as they continue to have QC issues, take forever with code, don't offer unique and deep rulesets on a consistent basis, and continue to strip down games all while having the nerve to keep raising prices. More and more people are thinking the same way.

#519 7 years ago

On second thought, I hope the next Stern pin isn't Maiden... I'm thinking back to the disaster that was Ed hunter... the best thing about that game was the soundtrack.

JJP will make it into a work of art, which is warranted IMO. Would buy NIB!!

#520 7 years ago

I agree, JJP would do Star Wars justice. Stern will just photoshop a bunch of shit photos, throw in a Death Star bash toy, couple ramps, and ship it with weak ass code and jacked up play fields.

#521 7 years ago

I hope that Stern Star Wars isn't a wasted opportunity. I own DE Star Wars and now looking at purchasing the Stern version, but I don't want the DE version to be the better pinball.

#522 7 years ago

I'm lucky enough to have a mate who has the older DE Star Wars so i have played it a fair bit.
I'm hoping stern don't turn out another over priced, qc lacking pin, especially since this would be a dream theme for me.
There is so much potential for great Star Wars pin!

#523 7 years ago

1. I hope someone does Star Wars.

2. Whoever does do it they put 110% into it.

3. I hope greed of Such a great pin does not push pricing in hyperspace.

3.5. Hyperspace was a cheesy, But I really hope this is not a 9-15k game.

4. I believe it needs some 1977 artistic flow .

5. Can Stern make it a gem?

6. Could JJP make it a gem?

7. Time will tell....

Does anyone have any new info on Star Wars to share?

#524 7 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

3. I hope greed of Such a great pin does not push pricing in hyperspace.

Interesting thought. I had assumed it would be the "mid-year" pin, but there's a possibility it could be the boutique pin. Then again, I would assume a Star Wars pin would sell VERY well. They'd probably be better with a "500-1000" LE model and unlimited premiums and pros, than the very limited numbers like we saw with BM66.

#525 7 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

100% agree. Saving up for a NIB Star Wars and I hope it's from JJP.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#526 7 years ago

If Stern is making Star Wars I wonder how they will handle the games license and ruleset. Do they go cheap and get none of the actors likeness and / or voice rights like TWD? If so I would say "I've got a bad feeling about this", lol.

Hopefully the game has a story based ruleset where you progress through events in the films versus generic type modes. It would be awesome for each film, 1 to 7 let's say, to each have 3-5 modes with a mini wizard mode for each and a trilogy multiball for both the original and prequel trilogy.

Sadly I don't see Stern spending the time to create a unique and deep ruleset like above and instead we may get "hit ramps to kill womp rats" and "super Ewok bumpers" type modes with TWD announcer guy doing callouts...lol.

#527 7 years ago
Quoted from PanzerFreak:

If Stern is making Star Wars I wonder how they will handle the games license and ruleset. Do they go cheap and get none of the actors likeness and / or voice rights like TWD?

They were able to get away with it for TWD but there's no way that would fly with SW. It's all or nothing.

#528 7 years ago

Isn't SW supposed to be a Richie game? If so, we can make a few guesses, given his history. It'll probably have great speed and flow. Hopefully we won't get a cannon, which we know he's fond of. Probably one good main toy in the center and maybe a minor one as well. Could possibly get a third flipper, so it might possibly have a third ramp. Probably no magnets but likely a physical ball lock. I wouldn't expect the best art package though, given GoT and AC/DC, and probably slightly larger than average inserts. His games usually have good sound packages and light shows. Richie's games usually sell like hot cakes and would probably have extra LEs, ala ST. He also seems to get fairly good code support priority compared to others. All of this IMHO of course, and with zero inside knowledge.

#529 7 years ago
Quoted from taz:

Hopefully we won't get a cannon

It'll be a blaster instead.

#530 7 years ago
Quoted from GotAQuestion:

It'll be a blaster instead.

Yeah, probably. But will it be a handheld, an X-Fighter, or a Death-star blast?

#531 7 years ago

What's coming after Aerosmith but before Star Wars? Someone must know, there is usually one or two that always seem to know whats what with regards to the next Stern. Will it be the mythical pin equivalent of a Unicorn, Tron VE?

#532 7 years ago

JJP is probably the best solution but doesn't mean the game will be perfect, code, artwork, layout etc..

on the other hand, with stern it won't take 2-3 years after the last movie to come out.
do i fell like waiting another 2-3 years, not sure.
and either way they will charge an arm and a leg for it, super duper LE edition, super edition, LE, Super premium, premium, super pro, pro, r2 d2 version, darth vader version, rogue version and of course all of them are limited edition.

#533 7 years ago

What's the first playfield in the latest Stern factory tour video (on facebook)? We only see the backside of it.

#534 7 years ago
Quoted from MarkInc:

What's the first playfield in the latest Stern factory tour video (on facebook)? We only see the backside of it.

An intentional tease; the voice at the beginning says: "What is that? Don't say." Some sort of proto I guess since You can't see the typical holes in the lower third.

#535 7 years ago
Quoted from BrewinBombers:

An intentional tease; the voice at the beginning says: "What is that? Don't say." Some sort of proto I guess since You can't see the typical holes in the lower third.

Any guesses? Not Star Wars?

#536 7 years ago
Quoted from MarkInc:

Any guesses? Not Star Wars?

Looking for clues I do not see any. The guy has a Bob Marley shirt on.

#537 7 years ago

heard it was 21 savage or lil uzi vert?

#538 7 years ago
Quoted from BrewinBombers:

Holes aren't in the right places for a "normal" playfield. However the row of 5 lights in front of what is a standup bank means you need a 5 word thing. Too soon for Princess "B-R-I-D-E"?

#539 7 years ago

F O R C E

#540 7 years ago

Maybe W-A-T-C-H?

watch-pulp-fiction (resized).jpgwatch-pulp-fiction (resized).jpg

#541 7 years ago

I hadn't thought of this before but it would be a must-buy if Christopher Walken did the callouts for the game lmao

#542 7 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

What's coming after Aerosmith but before Star Wars?

The next Whizbang pin seems like it will be announced at TPF in March.

#546 7 years ago

Ah! F-O-R-C-E makes the most sense, but that layout is still seemingly non-functional, so it's probably just a test.

#547 7 years ago

I am considering a re-theme project at some point this year, has anyone heard if Stern or anyone has mulled over the fast and furious franchise?

#548 7 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

I am considering a re-theme project at some point this year, has anyone heard if Stern or anyone has mulled over the fast and furious franchise?

As a retheme of what? Mustang?

#549 7 years ago

The only themes who are almost instant buy for me are Star Wars and Iron Maiden. No in a rush.....can take your time while I'm puting aside.

#550 7 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

As a retheme of what? Mustang?

I haven't played mustang so couldn't comment on its suitability and I haven't settled on which game I would retheme yet but I stumbled across a beat up NASCAR I found here in the U.K been in a bar and storage for a long time and just allowed to be destroyed.

There are a lot of great action set pieces from the franchise that would work great in a pin and it's a bit of dream theme and we are well overdue another amazing racing theme game.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 25.95
Trade
Machine - For Trade
Mishawaka, IN
$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 24.00
Various Novelties
Pinball Photos LLC

$ 12.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball

5,640 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Worcester, MA
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 375.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
PinMod Industries

€ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Pino Pinball Mods Shop

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 36.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Cento Creations

$ 18.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 9,499.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms

$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Disk war combatant Pre-order!
RamMods

$ 159.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Sparky Pinball

$ 1,059.00
Machine - For Sale
Portland, ME
$ 290.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Beyond Shop

$ 34.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 53.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

$ 165.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

There are 46,889 posts in this topic. You are on page 11 of 938.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine/page/11?hl=hassanchop and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.