vince-neil-is-upset (resized).jpg
Severance (resized).JPG
We_were_on_a_break1-ezgif.com-webp-to-gif-converter.gif
maxresdefault (resized).jpeg
images (resized).jpg
FB_IMG_1713427968712 (resized).jpg
Untitled (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 47,035 posts in this topic. You are on page 115 of 941.
#5701 4 years ago
Quoted from SantaEatsCheese:

Wish hard folks.[quoted image]

Please tell me this is a joke

#5702 4 years ago
Quoted from V8haha:

Don't like the theme?

Muppet (resized).pngMuppet (resized).png
#5703 4 years ago

Full article and details here courtesy of Deadflip via TWIP.

https://www.thisweekinpinball.com/twip-tuesday-may-21th-2019/

Ho (resized).pngHo (resized).png
#5704 4 years ago
Quoted from V8haha:

Pokémon would be a killer theme for operators

#5705 4 years ago

Pokémon would be a great theme, and a safe way to diversify offerings away from Stern's focus on 40-something guys. Of course they would have to offer a version of the code for redemption arcades...

#5706 4 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

Pokémon would be a great theme, and a safe way to diversify offerings away from Stern's focus on 40-something guys. Of course they would have to offer a version of the code for redemption arcades...

Serious question, when was the last time a commercial machine was launched based off of Japanese Intellectual property. I know Capcom made games in the 90s alongside Sega, but I can't think of any Japanes IP past Godzilla, and that machine was licensed off of the American "film".

#5707 4 years ago

Don't like the theme?[quoted image]

Doesn't JJP still have the Muppets license for pinball, or has that option expired?

#5708 4 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

I could see Scooby Doo having some nice integration. Get the gang together, take a ride to spooky destinations in the mystery machine and hunt down monsters (only to find out it was actually old man Peterson). Maybe stop for some Scooby snacks along the way.
As long as they hire Matthew Lillard instead of whoever does Shaggy in the new movie trailer.

I’d love Scooby Doo. Also, there’s a new movie hitting soon with Zach Efron voicing a character.

#5709 4 years ago
Quoted from SkillShot:

I’d love Scooby Doo. Also, there’s a new movie hitting soon with Zach Efron voicing a character.

Ugh. Please just give me a classic Scooby Doo pin. That movie is voiced and scripted terribly.

#5710 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Crue and Def Leppard both suck ass and if they think they are filling stadiums with that tour Live Nation is gonna be one disappointed media conglomerate.

Def Leppard only tours every other year.

#5711 4 years ago

Serious question, when was the last time a commercial machine was launched based off of Japanese Intellectual property. I know Capcom made games in the 90s alongside Sega, but I can't think of any Japanes IP past Godzilla, and that machine was licensed off of the American "film".

Great question. Besides Godzilla, you have to go back to Street Fighter II to find a game based off a Japanese IP.
Before that, Super Mario Bros & Mushroom World.

Absolutely bonkers to think that no one has done a proper VIDEO GAME-based release, let alone a game based off any number of the amazing IP that came out of Japan (Metroid, Pokémon, etc)

To go older, the only Japanese IPs I can think that were made into pinball machines are Mr. & Ms. Pac-Man, Baby Pacman, and Space Invaders

#5712 4 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

Great question. Besides Godzilla, you have to go back to Street Fighter II to find a game based off a Japanese IP.
Before that, Super Mario Bros & Mushroom World.
Absolutely bonkers to think that no one has done a proper VIDEO GAME-based release, let alone a game based off any number of the amazing IP that came out of Japan (Metroid, Pokémon, etc)
To go older, the only Japanese IPs I can think that were made into pinball machines are Mr. & Ms. Pac-Man, Baby Pacman, and Space Invaders

That "SEGA" never made a Sonic the Hedgehog Pinball is beyond me...

#5713 4 years ago
Quoted from SkillShot:

That's the horrible trailer I was referring to when I said they should hire Matthew Lillard. That guy has been Shaggy's voice in every cartoon, game or live action flick for over 20yrs. After Casey Kasem's iconic Shaggy, Matthew Lillard has done a great job with the character. Not casting him in this movie seems like a dick move.

#5714 4 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

That's the horrible trailer I was referring to when I said they should hire Matthew Lillard. That guy has been Shaggy's voice in every cartoon, game or live action flick for over 20yrs. After Casey Kasem's iconic Shaggy, Matthew Lillard has done a great job with the character. Not casting him in this movie seems like a dick move.

Especially since stunt casting, really doesn't bring anyone to see an animated movie. Animated movies really don't get a boost with "Star" power. Personally I'd rather have a talented voice actor over a celeb doing a quick gig paycheck. Not saying that is the case for scooby. And it probably would have been cheaper to hire Lillard as well.

#5715 4 years ago
Quoted from SkillShot:

I heard The Pinball Company acquired the rights to Scooby Doo as they did with The Jetsons and that they will probably hire Spooky to make the game just as they did with The Jetsons.

#5716 4 years ago
Quoted from cait001:

Yeah, and Pokemon would still resonate with us 30-somethings along with the younger crowd!

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#5717 4 years ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

Yeah, and Pokemon would still resonate with us 30-somethings along with the younger crowd!

#5718 4 years ago

Not going to read the entire thread but has anybody gotten into an argument about a Fast And Furious theme pin?

#5719 4 years ago
Quoted from BagAJellyDonuts:

Not going to read the entire thread but has anybody gotten into an argument about a Fast And Furious theme pin?

The arguments in this thread have been happening fast and furious...but not about that as a theme.

#5720 4 years ago

I’d really like to see a Rick and Morty - you could do some really cool rules and layouts.

#5721 4 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

That "SEGA" never made a Sonic the Hedgehog Pinball is beyond me...

None of Sega Pinballs games appear to be based on actual Sega properties?

Perhaps it was a conscience decision not to do something sonic related? They were really busy at that point with video games and prolly genesis and dreamcast stuff, maybe they didnt wanna water down that license?

Woulda been rad though!

Screenshot_20191121-210457_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20191121-210457_Chrome (resized).jpg
#5722 4 years ago
Quoted from wlf_:

Perhaps it was a conscience decision not to do something sonic related? They were really busy at that point with video games and prolly genesis and dreamcast stuff, maybe they didnt wanna water down that license?
Woulda been rad though![quoted image]

What a sad list. I know, there are a couple fair titles on there, but over all not a good line up as a whole.

#5723 4 years ago
Quoted from BagAJellyDonuts:

Supposedly that was the original intention for what Mustang became...

#5724 4 years ago
Quoted from freeplay3:

What a sad list. I know, there are a couple fair titles on there, but over all not a good line up as a whole.

Certainly a strange group in hindsight... a lot of stuff that I think were actually solid box office hits, but just as many dud themes.

Tough to put oneself back in the late 90s... I remember more pins being at movie theaters and stuff. Can't imagine home owners were clamoring for a Twister game in their basement ha

#5725 4 years ago
Quoted from freeplay3:

I think it's more of a pay attention to us tour.

I think its more"why are we leaving millions of dollars on the table" tour.

Also, I could see Pokemon being made. Its still relevant and would pull in the 30 somethings that now have some disposable income, along with their kids who are now into it. Im not a buyer though.

Mad Max Please!!

#5727 4 years ago
Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Played Alien a fair bit.
Don't get the hype as it plays slow and clunky.
Sound and visuals are superb though.

Plays different then others. More time on it and you'll get it. Combine that with the excellent doing and video and it's one of the best.

Just don't put pinstadiums on it.... And I love pinstadiums.

#5728 4 years ago

VE possibility ?

ADFDAA5F-ACF1-42F7-BF5D-D961F84D0DEC (resized).jpegADFDAA5F-ACF1-42F7-BF5D-D961F84D0DEC (resized).jpeg
#5729 4 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

VE possibility ?[quoted image]

Doubtful i don’t think this would make any sense.

Cool that they have so many though!

Ninja turtles is shipping dec 18

#5730 4 years ago

TMNT is a no brainer and I agree Pokemon for route would resonate with younger and older players,I still see people walking around my arcade property playing that pokemon app or whatever.As an op it's a couple that make sense.

#5731 4 years ago

If Stern could somehow convince the Pokemon Go people to integrate a Pokemon Pin into the game as some sort of special station, it would be an insane earner for some operators. It also nails the nostalgia for a lot of the 20-35 year old market who are learning to play pinball at bars and such. They're the future of the hobby in terms of location play.

I've laid out my ideas for this game elsewhere, but it's so ripe for potential as a pinball game with online connectivity. Start up a game, resume collecting all 150, getting 8 gym badges, taking on the Elite 4 for "The Very Best" multiball. Lots of fun potential in the code in terms of switching out pokemon for better shots/rewards/etc during battles to take advantage of their different types (eg fire weak to water but strong against grass)

#5732 4 years ago

Let’s get back to Stranger Things!!

AF3DE282-29CC-4279-BB01-B70B41A0E7F1 (resized).jpegAF3DE282-29CC-4279-BB01-B70B41A0E7F1 (resized).jpeg
Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#5733 4 years ago

Stranger Things is a no brainer!!

#5734 4 years ago

Will we see a new game before 2020?

#5735 4 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

Will we see a new game before 2020?

December.

#5736 4 years ago
B3D9B0F4-3DA2-452C-82DA-81C0A2ACB5CF (resized).jpegB3D9B0F4-3DA2-452C-82DA-81C0A2ACB5CF (resized).jpeg
#5737 4 years ago

Never watched the show
Can’t relate

#5738 4 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Stranger Things is a no brainer!!

Why is Stranger Things a no brainier? Also why does a lot of people think this is next?

#5739 4 years ago
Quoted from Da-Shaker:

Why is Stranger Things a no brainier? Also why does a lot of people think this is next?

It really is a great idea everyone from 13-35 is obsessed with it.

If this is announced i will definitely get one for Route.

Now it turtles gets announced I’ll get 2!!

#5740 4 years ago

I thought pinball was mainly an over 40 thing now?

#5741 4 years ago
Quoted from whitey:

Never watched the show
Can’t relate

Quoted from Da-Shaker:

It has a very Steven Spielberg feel to it . A bit like , ET , Goonies, Stand By Me , kids in an adventure but dealing with the supernatural .
I ignored it for a long time but after hearing alot of good things about it here on pinside finally gave it a go . The wife was sceptical at first but we watched the first episode and then one more and then another , we were hooked . It's set in the 80s and has a great soundtrack if you like the above movies I highly recommend giving it a try .

#5742 4 years ago
Quoted from screaminr:

It has a very Steven Spielberg feel to it . A bit like , ET , Goonies, Stand By Me , kids in an adventure but dealing with the supernatural .
I ignored it for a long time but after hearing alot of good things about it here on pinside finally gave it a go . The wife was sceptical at first but we watched the first episode and then one more and then another , we were hooked . It's set in the 80s and has a great soundtrack if you like the above movies I highly recommend giving it a try .

Same here.

Will we see a new game in 2019?

#5743 4 years ago
Quoted from wlf_:

Woulda been rad though![quoted image]

Funny Thing is, they all have Sonic doing random Stuff in the Display...

At leat Sonic did surf and pose with his spikes as a shark in my Baywatch.

I really, really, really would dig Stern making a Sonic game now that the new movie comes into theaters.
Make a Playfield with a lot of loops and go for it!
Heck, Sonic himself was INSPIRED by pinball.

#5744 4 years ago

RAD or The Lost Boys!

I just want them to announce Stranger Things so my wife gets super excited and lets me buy one!

#5745 4 years ago
Quoted from V8haha:

It really is a great idea everyone from 13-35 is obsessed with it.

I'm 52 and I love the series. I don't think it's age dependent. In actual fact, all the main characters are about the same age I was at that time, so I can totally relate to it.

This would be a winner for Stern, for sure!

#5746 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Ugh. Please just give me a classic Scooby Doo pin. That movie is voiced and scripted terribly.

I agree and hope Stern or Spooky release it. It better not be another stripped down the pinball company machine release like the Jetsons !

6E428D92-244E-40B8-8998-1BD291544C5E (resized).jpeg6E428D92-244E-40B8-8998-1BD291544C5E (resized).jpeg76CE6211-8B07-428A-A3F0-00FCBFA3AD0D (resized).jpeg76CE6211-8B07-428A-A3F0-00FCBFA3AD0D (resized).jpeg
#5747 4 years ago
Quoted from Charlemagne1987:

I heard The Pinball Company acquired the rights to Scooby Doo as they did with The Jetsons and that they will probably hire Spooky to make the game just as they did with The Jetsons.

I hope not!

Besides isn’t SDHH / Scott D haunted House
Spooky pinball a Code name for Scooby Doo Haunted House?

#5748 4 years ago
Quoted from noob-a-tron:

I thought pinball was mainly an over 40 thing now?

And if stern keeps only making machines for that age group they won’t have any customers in 30 years.

Honestly location pinball isn’t dead. With arcade bars there are a lot of 20s-30s flippin

#5749 4 years ago

Talk about a stressful job! Imagine you're the schlep that has to pick the next theme. Pinball is like a house, has to have curb appeal. I have zero interest in a Pikachu pin. I would likely put my 9mm in my mouth if I had to hear that voice over and over. Lol in all fairness I do believe this title would kill it at a Dave and Busters type business.
But curb appeal is only half the battle. Do you choose flow or stop and go? Let's face it, flow makes for shorter ball times as chances to screw up increase and as they say tme is money. Kids will dump quarters (nickles) into a machine if they feel "good" about themselves so flow is a super bad idea for a pin redemption format.
TMNT, no thanks. Loved the cartoon series but I just dont see the point. Already exists and same old tired story line.
I'd love a Muppers pin. I believe the key would be the judges heckling... this is what made the show in the first place. Not sure how one would make a rule set based off of skits though?
Stranger things is the safe route to take.

#5750 4 years ago

How about a John Wick pin ?
Cool cars ?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
17,500 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Temecula, CA
$ 145.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

Playfield - Protection
ULEKstore

Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The Games People

$ 79.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

$ 25.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts

3,000 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Redlands, CA
Machine - For Sale
Cleveland, TN
$ 29.99
Playfield - Decals
Cento Creations

$ 43.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple

$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 145.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Hookedonpinball.com

Lighting - Led
Diddy's Pinball Mods

Machine - For Sale
Castle Rock, CO
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Twisted Tokens

$ 79.99
Cabinet - Armor And Blades
PinGraffix Pinside Shop

$ 28.00
$ 30.00
Playfield - Other
YouBentMyWookie

$ 8.00
Cabinet - Other
Pinball Fuzz

$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 32.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods

There are 47,035 posts in this topic. You are on page 115 of 941.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine/page/115?hl=brian541 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.