IMG_1935 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240412_203046_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240412_203117_Chrome (resized).jpg
DSC06496 (resized).JPG
DSC06495 (resized).JPG
DSC05223 (resized).JPG
dr (resized).jpg

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 46,850 posts in this topic. You are on page 109 of 937.
#5401 4 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

Glad you like it.
There are lots of Spooky threads for you on pinside!!

Ya, but nobody argues about it there.

#5402 4 years ago
Quoted from joelbob:

Imagine playing with 6 balls instead of 3. You and a partner alternate but are playing the same game and end with the same score. You are just working together instead of competing against each other. You can play up to 4 people all working through the same game (so 12 balls) or you can do where 1 and 3 are one team and 2 and 4 are another team. This is fantastic for playing with non pinball players so that you are working together instead of competing against one another.

Wow, what a great feature! Would be so cool if manufacturers could add this as a standard feature. Thank you for the explanation!

#5403 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

Shot geometry? Don't understand what you mean? Not all games are flow games. Bricked shots are because of inaccurate shooting. Play better! I bought this game exactly because it isn't another flow game like my ST pro. It's one reason why I love this game, it takes practice to get the shots down and when you make them, it's rewarding! It also has the best upper PF in modern pinball IMO! This game gets an unfair rap because people judge it in a public place after a few games. This isn't a pin you'll work out in a few games and why it's a good players pin for home use. And when you get this table rockin, it's awesome! Hiding the ball under the upper playfield and sculpts is actually an objective in one of the modes. The longer the ball stays hidden from view, the more points are awarded. It's cumulative until the mode ends. It starts with an 11 second countdown timer. If you make a shot and the ball stays hidden for say 2.7 seconds, it will count down from 11 sec to 8.3 sec and award points. The longer it's hidden from view, the more pointed are awarded. Unique feature and fun!

I disagree that the geometry just needs to be learned by better players. I play very well, and the game, like Houdini, has geometry issues. They should have removed one of the shots to free up room or go widebody. Maiden has tough shots but also flow. Machines should have both. ACNC played like crap to me.

#5404 4 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

I disagree that the geometry just needs to be learned by better players. I play very well, and the game, like Houdini, has geometry issues. They should have removed one of the shots to free up room or go widebody. Maiden has tough shots but also flow. Machines should have both. ACNC played like crap to me.

A agree widebody would have been cool! But might have made it too easy. But anyway, I really enjoy it. I can get flow going on some games. I like that it is challenging. I love the upper playfield shots too. And Houdini is a lot tighter as well. But to each their own.

#5405 4 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

Maiden has tough shots but also flow. .

Those ramps can be BRUTAL!!!! But, they did force me to become a better player... Some days it does take me a bit to get dialed in on them, and some days it really stinks when I'm playing good and then I lose the spot on my flippers and I can't find it again. But, I think its fair... It made me much better. Not just at learning how to aim, but how to recover from a beefed shot.

Don't want to get all into the hate on ACNC. But, yeah... For me its like I become a teamster and I just can't stop laying bricks. It is a fun game, and it is a very unique layout. but, I don't think it is the best layout. There are flaws to it. In both the rules of the game, and just the flow of the game. But, again... I think warts and all their is something good about the uniqueness of its layout and to me that overcomes the clunki-ness. Hell, if I was rich I'd own an ACNC.

So really for me the biggest issue is... Why am I not RICH?????

#5406 4 years ago

Next Stern pinball should be a reboot of Back to the Future with Michael J Fox agreeing to use his image on the pinball.

#5407 4 years ago

Title should be what watered down theme with almost no assets is next for Stern.

#5408 4 years ago
Quoted from apinballwiz:

Wow, what a great feature! Would be so cool if manufacturers could add this as a standard feature. Thank you for the explanation!

I KNOW. I truly do not understand why it isn’t an option in every game. Even though TNA is more brutal than any other game I’ve owned, my friends and family enjoy it way more because we are playing as a team. I’m no software engineer but I feel like adding this in to more games can’t be that hard.

#5409 4 years ago

Some one please make up a rumor so we can get back on topic... haha

I’ll start.

I heard ninja turtles will be announced the week of thanksgiving. Shipping should start first week of dec. last pro at this price point before they increase in 2020.

#5410 4 years ago
Quoted from V8haha:

Some one please make up a rumor so we can get back on topic... haha
I’ll start.
I heard ninja turtles will be announced the week of thanksgiving. Shipping should start first week of dec. last pro at this price point before they increase in 2020.

That sounds real..

#5411 4 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

Did someone say DIO???
It won't happen. Dio was always just a bit less famous than all the other bands. Don't get me wrong he's my favorite singer ever. hence DIOSPINBALL. My house is called Dio'sPlace(or at least my house's wifi is).
I don't see a Dio pin happening. But, it be amazing. And deserving. 3 all time classic albums with 3 different bands. Very important voice in the creation of heavy metal.
The one thing about Wendy Dio is she needs to get off her butt and release the unreleased dio tracks already.
I don't care if its only 3-5 songs... Dig deep into the archives and find maybe other sessions he did, or live tracks to fill it out... Or maybe throw metal will never die on it. Strike a deal with the guy who owns that songs rights.
Get that album out. And get an authorized bio out. And maybe get the hologram tour in North America.

You are right..We will have to wait 10 years for someone to a reskin of a Spooky Pinball Alice Cooper pinball machine... lol

#5412 4 years ago

What is the estimated release date at this point for the next stern?

#5413 4 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

My house is called Dio'sPlace(or at least my house's wifi is).

Can you share the password too in case any of us happen through the neighborhood?

#5414 4 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Can you share the password too in case any of us happen through the neighborhood?

Yeah. It's eat my butt!!!!!
Not a newb man. I don't share that data. My wifi name is broadcast to all on my street. Nothing private about that.
Anyway. Don't take my response too harshly. I know you were joking and so my response in kind was too.

Any my neighborhood isn't the best... Not the worst... But, a few blocks down it gets pretty bad... But, its all I could afford at the time. When I bought the house I never thought I would also be buying pinball machines... Had a good run of luck lately.

#5415 4 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

Let them take their time, if it is stranger things with Brian Eddy designing I need more time to save up for that

#5416 4 years ago
Quoted from gregh43:

Next Stern pinball should be a reboot of Back to the Future with Michael J Fox agreeing to use his image on the pinball.

It's been mentioned many times this will not happen. Gary has no plans to rehash this pinball. Ask him at your own risk !!

#5417 4 years ago

Megadeth would be an awesome music pin next to my maiden lol

#5418 4 years ago

Steel Dragon!

#5419 4 years ago
Quoted from Raegor:

Steel Dragon!

Steel Panther!

#5420 4 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

People gloss over that era of Sabbath. But, really Mob Rules was just as influential. That was thrash before thrash came out. It predated most of the major thrash bands debut albums. Just by a little bit, but you bet it influenced them.

That's just silly. It was not "thrash," there's a couple of faster songs but nothing on there is anywhere as near thrashy/speedy as the stuff bands like Priest and Motorhead were doing years earlier (or even SABBATH - have you never heard Symptom of the Universe?! It's "thrashier" than anything Dio Sabbath ever did!). Dio Sabbath is solid but it didn't break any new ground, don't see where you got that.

People are always obsessed with thinking something they like is some kind of underappreciated influence on a genre it has little to do with.

"Johnny Cash was the first punk!"

"The Beatles were the first Boy Band!"

"Blondie invented rap!"

No they aren't and no they didn't. Stop being stupid.

Rant aside, I'll take all the metal pins I can get.

#5421 4 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Just keep guessing Dio songs. Probably "mobrules" or "neonknights"

#5422 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

That's just silly. It was not "thrash," there's a couple of faster songs but nothing on there is anywhere as near thrashy/speedy as the stuff bands like Priest and Motorhead were doing years earlier (or even SABBATH - have you never heard Symptom of the Universe?! It's "thrashier" than anything Dio Sabbath ever did!). Dio Sabbath is solid but it didn't break any new ground, don't see where you got that.
People are always obsessed with thinking something they like is some kind of underappreciated influence on a genre it has little to do with.
"Johnny Cash was the first punk!"
"The Beatles were the first Boy Band!"
"Blondie invented rap!"
No they aren't and no they didn't. Stop being stupid.

The album itself is not Thrash. But, the song Mob Rules is a thrash song.
Geez man. I said influenced. And again. Its there.
If you don't think that the Thrash bands all heard that album and didn't take the pieces that they liked from it you're mistaken.

And sure... Dio wasn't influencial in heavy metal...

That is silly. And STUPID. Let's see... His work in Rainbow.. .Check... His work in Sabbath... CHeck... His work in Dio... Check...

Oh... And also... I've listened to most of the rock and hard rock bands. Dating back to purple... And a few odds and ends before... If you can't track the progression of the heavy metal sound as it evolves and not see Dio's influence.

Purple was not a metal band. Hard Rock... Rainbow was not a metal band... Hard Rock... But, it pushed the Rock Genre closer to heavy metal. And really. A lot of the Heavy Metal sound in the 80s... That started to appear. Around 77-80. Priests first few albums whether crapily produced or not, didn't have the sonic properties of metal as we know it today.

Took Stained Class to really be their sonic breakthrough...
Iron Maiden really didn't hit their stride till 82's Number of the Beast. Sure a lot their sound was already in place... But, still needed to be tweaked.

Heaven and Hell the album kind of set the measuring stick for what a metal album in the 80s should sound like.

And yeah... I love Priest... But, Priest is across the board with their sound. And no doubt influential.. Cos they were always at top 5 metal band....

Jeez man. Same with Dio... But, a lot of people only think Holy Diver is all he's ever done. And people DO TRY TO ERASE his legacy.

Just also want to put a small edit at one of the things that the metal sound and evolution all share...
Martin Birch. Producer/engineer for Machine Head by purple. Producer for Rainbow... Producer for Heaven and Hell and Mob Rules. And Producer for Maiden during their golden age run... So he should get his due as well. He also produced Schenker's best album in the 80s Assault Attack. And actually he did produce Machine Head... Just isn't credited... But, he was there and he did his duties the same as if he was producing it.

So Levi... You believe what you want... But, I have listened to more metal and rock than most even die hard music fans... A few people do put me to shame. Like my old college roommate, but he was crazy about it.
I just love heavy metal. It is your one way ticket to midnight after all.

#5423 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Just keep guessing Dio songs. Probably "mobrules" or "neonknights"

Well... Those are technically black sabbath songs.

#5424 4 years ago
Quoted from nogoodnames222:

Should we have a pin based on the show "Friends" cause it has a huge fan base? Purely going off numbers isn't a great way to choose the next theme IMO.

Honestly, a "Friends" pin sounds pretty awesome! The idea sounds kinda ridiculous, but kinda brilliant at the same time. I could almost see Friends being a real machine from the 90's, given how many weirdly chosen shows and movies were made into pins in that era. Plus, now that Friends has been off the air for so long, and none of the stars have really been hugely successful, the license and likenesses might be just cheap enough to swing. And I mean everyone knows about Friends, so it has that going for it. You could have modes based on characters or on episodes, I mean the possibilities are almost endless. I want one now!

Quoted from Diospinball:

Damn... I like Eddy's games. Never seen stranger things and no real desire to go out of my way and watch. One day I might...

Well, Stranger Things is on Netflix (which almost everyone has), and the first season is only 10 episodes, so you wouldn't really have to go out of your way to watch it. In fact, you could honestly just watch the first episode and know immediately whether the show was for you or not. One of the best first episodes in recent TV history to be honest.

Plus, as far as a Stranger Things pinball machine goes...could you imagine the backglass/translite on it? The "movie posters" for each season all ready kinda look like backglasses to begin with! Plus, they've all ready licensed the theme for cheap video games, so no reason they wouldn't for a pin. Especially, when you consider that pinball machines are kinda retro to begin with.

#5425 4 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Steel Panther!

FA2F78D8-47CF-419C-B898-34654584E89E (resized).jpegFA2F78D8-47CF-419C-B898-34654584E89E (resized).jpeg
#5426 4 years ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

Honestly, a "Friends" pin sounds pretty awesome! The idea sounds kinda ridiculous, but kinda brilliant at the same time. I could almost see Friends being a real machine from the 90's, given how many weirdly chosen shows and movies were made into pins in that era. Plus, now that Friends has been off the air for so long, and none of the stars have really been hugely successful, the license and likenesses might be just cheap enough to swing. And I mean everyone knows about Friends, so it has that going for it. You could have modes based on characters or on episodes, I mean the possibilities are almost endless. I want one now!

Well, Stranger Things is on Netflix (which almost everyone has), and the first season is only 10 episodes, so you wouldn't really have to go out of your way to watch it. In fact, you could honestly just watch the first episode and know immediately whether the show was for you or not. One of the best first episodes in recent TV history to be honest.
Plus, as far as a Stranger Things pinball machine goes...could you imagine the backglass/translite on it? The "movie posters" for each season all ready kinda look like backglasses to begin with! Plus, they've all ready licensed the theme for cheap video games, so no reason they wouldn't for a pin. Especially, when you consider that pinball machines are kinda retro to begin with.

Don't have netflix... Don't like sub services. No desire to get it... Its fine... I might watch it eventually. But, as I said no need or desire... But, you know... I won't have a problem ever playing a stranger things pin on location. I hate the show walking dead. But, man that is a fun pinball machine.

#5427 4 years ago
Quoted from konghusker:

Future.

#5428 4 years ago

If someone snuck a free 'Friends' pinball into my basement I would sue them.

#5430 4 years ago
Quoted from fosaisu:

Steel Panther!

Steel Magnolias!

#5431 4 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

Well... Those are technically black sabbath songs.

“Ridethetiger666?”

And as far as thrash goes, ever heard “dissident aggressor?”

And did you know I own Dio’s couch?

#5432 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

The real question is: Do you own a 'swatch' of Elvira's couch? lol

#5433 4 years ago
Quoted from Eightball88:

Steel Magnolias!

Nice name...lol

#5434 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

“Ridethetiger666?”
And as far as thrash goes, ever heard “dissident aggressor?”

Dammit... Gotta change my password now. Dammit it hell.

I'm not a fan of Sad Wings, Sin After Sin, Rock a Rolla, or even hell bent for leather.
But, Stained Class is my favorite Priest album and yeah... Dissident Aggressor is good. But, again... Much of that album I don't like. For me its Class, Screaming, Painkiller, Defenders and Firepower. Not a fan of British Steele.. One thing though... All the early stuff on Unleashed on the East album are really, really good... Which means they got screwed by inept producers... Something they admit.

And you own his couch... Nice...

#5435 4 years ago
Quoted from DakotaMike:

Bash the couch up the stairs, PIVOT!

#5436 4 years ago

I'd like to pitch a "Dumb and Dumber" Pin! That movie is legendary and would have so much potential as a pin I.E Toy Shag N Wagon, and mini bike, soooooooo many quotable lines, a fake lake the suitcase gets thrown into, it's endless! Come on Stern!

#5437 4 years ago
Quoted from icanswim70:

I'd like to pitch a "Dumb and Dumber" Pin! That movie is legendary and would have so much potential as a pin I.E Toy Shag N Wagon, and mini bike, soooooooo many quotable lines, a fake lake the suitcase gets thrown into, it's endless! Come on Stern!

I second this haha. My favorite comedy..

#5438 4 years ago

Like to see a Red Hot Chilli Peppers...

I don’t get Stranger Things.....
Watched it, started well then it was like the Director and Script writers got stoned and lost the plot.
All got a bit silly when the Russians got involved, after that I lost interest.
Is it worthy of a pin? Not in my book..won’t get my cash.

#5439 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Like George
owning Jon Voights car?

#5440 4 years ago
Quoted from rollitover:

Like George
owning Jon Voights car?

Yes, Ronald Jaymes Dio.

#5441 4 years ago
Quoted from Tranquilize:

I consider myself an average player and while I struggle to make some shots on Alice C. I could see getting better with more time on it. Houdini is a dream theme for me and a beautiful machine but when I’ve played it all I do is brick shots. Makes me feel like a 10 year old playing Haunted House or Black Knight back in the day. So I guess I’m saying my opinion is Alice has minor geometry issues(I’d consider adding it to my collection) ,Houdini has major ones(I’d never get one), At least that’s how it is for me!!!

#5442 4 years ago
Quoted from icanswim70:

With the LCD's on games now I think any big popular comedy from the 90's into 2000's would print money, both on location + home sales. I'm not a huge Wil Ferrell movie but something like Old School/Anchorman/Talladega Nights would have some incredible call out material and would get a lot of attention in a bar or arcade I'd think.

#5443 4 years ago
Quoted from ultimategameroom:

I consider myself an average player and while I struggle to make some shots on Alice C. I could see getting better with more time on it. Houdini is a dream theme for me and a beautiful machine but when I’ve played it all I do is brick shots. Makes me feel like a 10 year old playing Haunted House or Black Knight back in the day. So I guess I’m saying my opinion is Alice has minor geometry issues(I’d consider adding it to my collection) ,Houdini has major ones(I’d never get one), At least that’s how it is for me!!!

Yes.
It's not an Apple to Apple comparison. Also, I've notice ACNC has already improved my skills. Now when I play my ST, I am in better control of the ball than I ever was before.

Where is Led Zeppelin Stern?

#5444 4 years ago

IF and when a STRANGER THINGS Pinball comes out :

Should have :
-Iconic creepy score plays at power up / ball launch
-Demogorgon mech opening ball swallowing / spitting out feature.
-LED blinking Christmas lights that WILL communicates with you
-Lower Playfield which represents the "Upside Down" (or entire Playfield becomes grayscale, perhaps flippers are reversed )
-Magnetic levitating ball / save feature that Eleven saves you with her powers
-Waffle / Eggo pop bumpers
-The Clash - Should I stay or should I go needs to play at some point as a music clip
-Spinner which rotates / activates the kids bike tires
-Dustin And Suzie Sing 'The NeverEnding Story' when having a long balltime / wizard mode
-Need to collect items like Steve's Spiked bat to battle
-Scoops Ahoy flavor mode call outs with Erica serving as she puts the ERICA in AMERICA
-Save / Find Barb mode
-Final Battle Mode with The Mind Flayer
-Star Court Mall escalator ramp for the ball to slide down
-Murray Bauman hidden hide out spot on the playfield
-Chief HOPPER call outs
-Billy mode heavily featuring the shaker as he's a pretty intense character
-Gather Friends Lucas, Dustin, Will, Mike, increase multipliers
-Hurry up mode Close the gate
-Joyce Byers cracking her axe as the playfield rumbles from the shaker
-Initials / name "Mad Max" score should be the highest score from factory
-Dr Martin Brenner gather test subject modes
-Bob Newby aka Sean Astin Ball Save
-Chief Hopper SHOOT Again!

#5445 4 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

Should have :
-Lower Playfield which represents the "Upside Down" (or entire Playfield becomes grayscale, perhaps flippers are reversed )
-The Clash - Should I stay or should I go needs to play at some point as a music clip
-Dustin And Suzie Sing 'The NeverEnding Story' when having a long balltime / wizard mode
-Scoops Ahoy flavor mode call outs with Erica serving as she puts the ERICA in AMERICA
-Save / Find Barb mode
-Chief HOPPER call outs

I hope they can get approval for that much material. Theme song for sure, then as much actor call outs as possible, and a few songs (that may be the hardest thing to do). I am looking forward to seeing it

#5446 4 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Yes, Ronald Jaymes Dio.

Wow - he is also my periodontist!

#5447 4 years ago
Quoted from Sako-TRG:

Like to see a Red Hot Chilli Peppers...
I don’t get Stranger Things.....
Watched it, started well then it was like the Director and Script writers got stoned and lost the plot.
All got a bit silly when the Russians got involved, after that I lost interest.
Is it worthy of a pin? Not in my book..won’t get my cash.

A Red Hot Chili Peppers pin would be great! Funk and rock and roll. California drop targets with ramps that look like waves. Could be great! They are in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame, so they obviously have a enormous following.

#5448 4 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

Should have :
-Save / Find Barb mode
-Chief HOPPER call outs

Lol, awesome list....but remember Stern is building this

#5449 4 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

Should have :
-Save / Find Barb mode
-Chief HOPPER call outs

Wow! Great job. I wish this list was from Stern..
Super excited about this pin.

#5450 4 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

Don't have netflix... Don't like sub services.

Is this the new "I dont have cable" brag?

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 55.00
Playfield - Protection
Tucson Pinball

$ 427.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinWoofer

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

Cabinet - Armor And Blades
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 30.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply

$ 90.00
Playfield - Other
RavSpec

Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
BomberMods

$ 60.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn

$ 15.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Protection
Duke Pinball

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

$ 25.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com

30,000 (OBO)
$ 17.50
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Haus

$ 30.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods

€ 99.00
Lighting - Under Cabinet
Watssapen shop

$ 30.00
Lighting - Led
Lermods

8,500 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Little River, SC
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

$ 6,999.00
Pinball Machine
The Pinball Place

There are 46,850 posts in this topic. You are on page 109 of 937.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine/page/109?hl=sako-trg and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.