Albumism_TheCars_TheCars_16x9.jpg
IMG_1935 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240412_203046_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240412_203117_Chrome (resized).jpg
DSC06496 (resized).JPG
DSC06495 (resized).JPG
DSC05223 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 46,871 posts in this topic. You are on page 106 of 938.
#5251 4 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

And pinball was illegal mostly due to the mob but yet we have a Sopranos machine. Never say never my friend

Perhaps a bit of both... Interesting read..

https://www.history.com/news/that-time-america-outlawed-pinball

#5252 4 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

And pinball was illegal mostly due to the mob but yet we have a Sopranos machine. Never say never my friend

And Mafia too... oh wait, no one bought that though.

#5253 4 years ago
Quoted from Yoko2una:

And Mafia too... oh wait, no one bought that though.

Was it that bad??

#5254 4 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

The Sopranos game focus was more on the characters and what they allegedly did. If you make a breaking bad pin I dont think you can get away with not mentioning meth.

#5255 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Pinball was illegal due to it being gambling. Not sure it had to do with the mob..

Coin operated machines were a huge money laundering operation back in the day. My city still has outdated laws about operating machines mostly due to "Monarch Vending Machine Company" (Papallia family) running everything in my area throughout the 60s, 70s, 80s and even into the 90s. (Starting in 58 with cigarette machines)
You couldnt put any coin operated machines in my city without permission or they would be destroyed or something bad would happen to you

#5256 4 years ago

Check out the Macleans article on the mafia in Southern Ontario. Very interesting as well.
https://archive.macleans.ca/article/1963/9/21/organized-crimes-grip-on-ontario

#5257 4 years ago

Deliverance.

download (1) (resized).jpgdownload (1) (resized).jpg
#5258 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

Deliverance. [quoted image]

Hmmm...NO. lol

#5259 4 years ago

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/bladerunner-or-mad-max-pinball-

Still my 2 favorite themes
Bladerunner and Mad Max.

#5260 4 years ago

Should be cheap to get Fury Roads assets, Tom Hardy and the rest of the cast barely spoke but a few words so you only need to pay for the video and get a few sound a likes in for the various screams and grunts

#5261 4 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Should be cheap to get Fury Roads assets, Tom Hardy and the rest of the cast barely spoke but a few words so you only need to pay for the video and get a few sound a likes in for the various screams and grunts

Plus they're making more Mad Max movies after some initial uncertainty. It has the potential to be a great machine. I'm watching the homebrew project for this one, too.

#5262 4 years ago

TMNT is next. They are already making a prototype.

TY0161200_pinball_2__92529.1570715153 (resized).jpgTY0161200_pinball_2__92529.1570715153 (resized).jpg
#5263 4 years ago

I know many of you refuse to listen to the "Batman 66 Is The Best Pinball Machine Ever Made" podcast, but anyway in the last episode Chris Franchi spelled out in no uncertain terms why a Jaws pin wouldn't work.

Stranger Things on the other hand would be a smash hit. And you'd probably, you know, get *some* assets to work with.

#5264 4 years ago

I've seen things you people wouldn't believe...
A blade runner pin would/could be cool, but I fear its a property that will get lost, in the franchise shuffle, like tears in rain.

Love Rutger hauer. He's one of my all time favorite actors. So glad his career had a mini comeback at the end for him.
He is one of the few actors who could make a bad movie watchable.
Not many actors like him around any more.
Peter Cushing, Chris Lee, Vincent Price, Charles Bronson. All actors who could hold your attention just by the power of their presence. Too many pretty boys acting. Not enough people with real character and charisma.

#5265 4 years ago
Quoted from Diospinball:

I fear its a property that will get lost, in the franchise shuffle, like tears in rain.

Well said! I agree with all of that.
That's why we need DUNE!

#5266 4 years ago

They are doing a re-make of Escape from New York...That is a pin possibility..

#5267 4 years ago

Daft Punk would be amazing.

#5268 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Pinball was illegal due to it being gambling. Not sure it had to do with the mob..

Pinball was illegal due to NY Major La Guardia being Italian and pissed about prejudices against Italians being all Mafia/ the Mafia hurting the Image of the Italian people... so he got rid of that.

#5269 4 years ago
Quoted from kciaccio:

They are doing a re-make of Escape from New York...That is a pin possibility..

That would be AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If they don't F*** it up!

#5270 4 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Pinball was illegal due to NY Major La Guardia being Italian and pissed about prejudices against Italians being all Mafia/ the Mafia hurting the Image of the Italian people... so he got rid of that.

That still hasn't changed. Italians are always portrayed as Mafia in movies! We usually never whine about it either.
And I'm only 1/2 Italian and I'm not in the mafia. If i was, I'd have more than 2 pins LOL!

#5271 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Plus they're making more Mad Max movies after some initial uncertainty. It has the potential to be a great machine. I'm watching the homebrew project for this one, too.

Mad Max would almost an instabuy if recent playfield and QC issues are addressed.

#5272 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

That would be AWESOME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! If they don't F*** it up!

Well... It might turn out like the new Terminator film... Sure I cannot really judge the film before I watch it. But, I have no desire to watch it. It looks bad. It looks lame. And it looks to have the worst terminators out of all of the films.

I actually enjoyed Gensys or however it was spelt. No its not a great film. But, it was okay for what it was. But, really with the Terminator films you just gotta stop watching after the 2nd one.

I'd be down for another Snake Plisken adventure. But, bring back Kurt and John. Escape from LA was a hammy good time.

#5273 4 years ago
Quoted from RoosterJuice:

+1

#5274 4 years ago

UFC, Moana, Happy Halloween.
6x0w (resized).jpg6x0w (resized).jpg

#5275 4 years ago

I would preorder a Stranger Things today. My wife and kids would be blown away. I’m 45 and if I see one more Munsters, Elvira, puke, don’t care. I have free range to buy a NIB machine and all the Sterns available are yawners to me right now. So sad. Octoberfest is looking to fetch my dollars considering the boring crap Stern is doing currently.

Daft Punk will never happen but what great potential! Around the World orbits, OMG!

#5276 4 years ago
Quoted from RoosterJuice:

Technically Tron is as much a Daft Punk pin as it is a Tron pin, love the music on my TRON one of the best soundtracks on a pin!

#5277 4 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Technically Tron is as much a Daft Punk pin as it is a Tron pin, love the music on my TRON one of the best soundtracks on a pin!

Just make the Blue Man Group No assets needed. Pics of guys painted blue and dressed in blue. License Danesi tracks. RGB lighting is a must. Done and roll it out the door. Then start working on Jaws-like pin called Sharkee’s Revenge.

#5278 4 years ago

What about 80s film gremlins as a pin?

#5279 4 years ago
Quoted from pballjunkie:

What about 80s film gremlins as a pin?

Gremlins is my second favorite Christmas movie, obviously die hard is my number one.

#5280 4 years ago

Been saying for years how has no one done a die hard pinball. Nakatomi plaza in the middle, so much material to go off of

#5281 4 years ago
Quoted from bballsarlo:

Been saying for years how has no one done a die hard pinball. Nakatomi plaza in the middle, so much material to go off of

no more hans....

#5282 4 years ago
Quoted from freakmech:

I would preorder a Stranger Things today. My wife and kids would be blown away. I’m 45 and if I see one more Munsters, Elvira, puke, don’t care. I have free range to buy a NIB machine and all the Sterns available are yawners to me right now. So sad. Octoberfest is looking to fetch my dollars considering the boring crap Stern is doing currently.
Daft Punk will never happen but what great potential! Around the World orbits, OMG!

You would take an Oktoberfest over Maiden? Deadpool? Jurassic Park? Star Trek? (All of which are available presently) I didnt enjoy Munsters either (or Black Knight) but Stern have some great titles available that you are broad stroking over.

#5283 4 years ago

I know Mr Gary Stern said no more back to the future, but please, just do it man. There will be so many buyers, I need it.. think Gary, think!

#5284 4 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

I know Mr Gary Stern said no more back to the future, but please, just do it man. There will be so many buyers, I need it.. think Gary, think!

I've read you gotta have passion for making a title, otherwise it will end an abysmal failure.... If only Stern had the cohones to make Beetlejuice with a half-motivated team. Come on Stern, that excuse is a crock of sh*t.

#5285 4 years ago

I don’t care what Stern does as long as they can at least get back to the quality and features they had in LOTR............which they won’t.

#5286 4 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Just make the Blue Man Group No assets needed. Pics of guys painted blue and dressed in blue. License Danesi tracks. RGB lighting is a must. Done and roll it out the door. Then start working on Jaws-like pin called Sharkee’s Revenge.

Ive played pinball with one of the touring Blue Men....Cool dude who normally plays pinball in Chicago. So there is an in for stern

#5287 4 years ago
Quoted from Extraballz:

I don’t care what Stern does as long as they can at least get back to the quality and features they had in LOTR............which they won’t.

The time has come for a LOTR vault. The price of used machines has reached parity with new ones and the Market has been dry!

#5288 4 years ago

Honestly, I'm sort of surprised Stern hasn't jumped onto some of the younger trends in gaming and turned them into pinball machines. They missed the boat on Angry Birds (just like the last movie), but there are still some very popular games out there that millions of people play daily;

Fortnite
Call Of Duty
League of Legends
Magic The Gathering

Older themes that still might resonate;

Halo
Clash Of Clans
Roblox
Minecraft
Candy Crush

And of course the aforementioned;

Pokemon

#5289 4 years ago
Quoted from Fifty:

Honestly, I'm sort of surprised Stern hasn't jumped onto some of the younger trends in gaming and turned them into pinball machines. They missed the boat on Angry Birds (just like the last movie), but there are still some very popular games out there that millions of people play daily;
Fortnite
Call Of Duty
League of Legends
Magic The Gathering
Halo
Clash Of Clans
Roblox
Minecraft
Candy Crush
Pokemon

I agree. Especially with Fortnite. Rumor has it they want to start connecting the pins online. If they linked Fortnite the pinball with the game with special items only acquired from playing the pinball, you would literally have tens of thousands of people of all ages hunting that game down.

#5290 4 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

No is no .

#5291 4 years ago
Quoted from Fifty:

Fortnite
Call Of Duty
League of Legends
Magic The Gathering
Halo
Clash Of Clans
Roblox
Minecraft
Candy Crush
Pokemon

But would any of those gamers who are not already pinball players/collectors drop 5-10k on a pinball themed around their favourite game series when there is either a new release or often an updated version dropped yearly for $50 a pop?

#5292 4 years ago

back in the day when it was more popular warcraft gamers were coughing up 5k for little bronze statues of characters... and they sold out instantly. If there had been a pin at that time, gamers woulda jumped in

#5293 4 years ago
Quoted from Fifty:

Fortnite
Call Of Duty
League of Legends
Magic The Gathering
Halo
Clash Of Clans
Roblox
Minecraft
Candy Crush
Pokemon

Yes, this! Plus, as long as the pins play really well, then I think players and older collectors would still get on board, even if the theme wasn't as strong for them. Besides, I know plenty of people older than my dad who play, or have played COD, Magic, Minecraft, ect.

#5294 4 years ago
Quoted from Cruster:

back in the day when it was more popular warcraft gamers were coughing up 5k for little bronze statues of characters... and they sold out instantly. If there had been a pin at that time, gamers woulda jumped in

Yes. World of Warcraft would have been great. I think JJP would do a nice one too. But, yes I think that ship has sailed. A 'fairly' modern video game franchise would be nice to see. Maybe Halo? I don't know. Video game franchises may not do to well. But who knows.

#5295 4 years ago

crazy Dave in plants vs zombies

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#5296 4 years ago
Quoted from Oneangrymo:

I'm not an LE buyer (Prem here) but would buy that LE or CE in a heartbeat!!!!

#5297 4 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

Video game franchises may not do to well. But who knows.

Resident Evil would sell out in a day if done correctly. Think a Zombie Yeti interpretation of Alice and a re-interpretation of the story lines similar to the master work they pulled off with JP. There's literally tons of elements that would translate great into pinball. I couldn't empty the bank fast enough.

#5298 4 years ago
Quoted from Wakky:

No is no .

Yeah sure. Gary was adamant back in 2013 that zombies would NEVER get made. Then, BAM.

#5299 4 years ago
Quoted from Fifty:

Honestly, I'm sort of surprised Stern hasn't jumped onto some of the younger trends in gaming and turned them into pinball machines.

OK, I can see you are not a gamer. I was a PC gamer for decades! The fact is that gamers are the cheapest bunch I have ever seen! They bitch about spending $60.00 US on an awesome title. Example, Pinball FX2 VR. The entire package (all 12 tables) costs about $65.00. These are awesome! I have them all. And all you have to do is go read the reviews of gamers. They all piss and moan about how expensive it is, and they won't pay for it! This is why every cool technology that has come along in the last 15 years has died out. Example; nvidia 3d vision, Novint Falcon force feed back controller. The Novint Falcon was the greatest first person perspective controller ever invented. I had one with the pistol grip. Feeling the recoil of automatic weapons is needless to say, immersive! The company went bankrupt because apparently $184.00 was just too much for gamers to spend on their hobby, that mind you, they spend tremendous hours on!
As I type this on my 3d Vision display, nvida has stopped support for this awesome tech. You should have seen pinball in 3d vision! So it's no wonder to me that Stern isn't wasting time on gamers. Do you think these people are going to actually drop THOUSANDS on pinball machines?

** But with that said, I would love to see a DOOM table or a Duke Nukem or a Shadow Warrior amongst others!

#5300 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

OK, I can see you are not a gamer. I was for a PC gamer for decades! ou is that gamers are the cheapest bunch I have ever seen! They bitch about spending $60.00 US on an awesome title. Example, Pinball FX 2VR. The entire package (all 12 tables) costs about $65.00. These are awesome! I have them all. And all you have to do is go read the reviews of gamers. They all piss and moan about how expensive it is, and they won't pay for it! This is why every cool technology that has come along in the last 15 years has died out. Example; nvidia 3d vision, Novint Falcon force feed back controller. The Novint Falcon was the greatest first person perspective controller ever invented. I had one with the pistol grip. Feeling the recoil of automatic weapons is needless to say, immersive! The company went bankrupt because apparently $184.00 was just too much for gamers to spend on their hobby, that mind you, they spend tremendous hours on!
As I type this on my 3d Vision display, nvida has stopped support for this awesome tech. You should have seen pinball in 3d vision! So it's no wonder to me that Stern isn't wasting time on gamers. Do you think these people are going to actually drop THOUSANDS on pinball machines?

You made a great point... Gamers are really bad at wanting to pay for content. People don't get how much time and cost it takes to make their entertainment. And why there needs to be a cost associated with it.
But, its not just that or gamers. You have people who claim they love movies, but will only subscribe to netflix. Now, I only go to like 5-8 movies in the theater per year. But, I own about 3k dvds and blu rays. I love physical media. And the movie industry will die off if people only subscribe to netflix or other subscription sites.
And then some people will then pirate whatever netflix doesn't cover...

Same for music. People all claim they love music. But, they don't buy it anymore. They listen to it on pandora or other streaming sites, or listen to it on youtube. I make it a point to support my bands and buy their music.

Supporting the stuff you like, helps ensure more of it get made... A lot of people don't get that. But, that is the simple truth. Most companies like money. So if you give them more, they will in turn make a sequel of that movie you like... And most often than not... That sequel will SUCK!!!

So the morale of the story is... For the love of god don't go to movies, they'll just make a crappy sequel to that movie you loved!

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Drumstarr mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
FlipMods

Machine - For Sale
San Diego, CA
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Trade
Machine - For Trade
Rockville, MD
$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Travahontas Mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 22.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 47.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Space Coast Pinball

$ 150.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
FlipMods

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

5,100 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Gardner, MA
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Chrome Candy

There are 46,871 posts in this topic. You are on page 106 of 938.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine/page/106?hl=oneangrymo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.