balls..gif
IMG_4484 (resized).jpeg
Disney boy Seth Davis (resized).jpeg
Backinblack (resized).jpg
pasted_image (resized).png
birds (resized).png
NUWX.gif

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 46,130 posts in this topic. You are on page 105 of 923.
#5201 4 years ago

A Brian Eddy Stranger Things pin...? Don’t tease me.

#5202 4 years ago

Please no stranger things. Its an ok show but far from pin worthy.

#5203 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinstein:

yeah b/c we need more elvira, black knight and other snoozers geared toward 50+ older men.

Stranger things is exactly what we need. Time for stern to shake it up.

#5204 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinstein:

I concur, shit theme.

Give me some Led Zeppelin or Goonies!

#5205 4 years ago

I heard it's going to have an "eleven" ball multi-ball.

#5206 4 years ago

It would be awesome if stern could remake Flash Gordon in a similar fashion to JP3, but I won't hold my breath.

#5207 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinstein:

I thought the same thing with Walking Dead.

Don’t jinx Stranger Things there is plenty of time for the other pins.

#5208 4 years ago

Shrek Vault Edition

#5209 4 years ago

No , they must do the dual Total Recall game....

#5210 4 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

I thought the same thing with Walking Dead.
Don’t jinx Stranger Things there is plenty of time for the other pins.

I've seen exactly zero episodes of TWD, but it is hands down one of my favorite pins of all time.

Proof yet again, that playfield design/layout and rules are what make a game great for the players, and that the theme is the main draw for casuals/non-players, and hardcore collectors.

Because, let's face it, Congo/TS/DM etc are not held in the regard they are because of their "blockbuster" themes...

#5211 4 years ago

I know nothing of Stranger Things, only through Pinside. Some sort of series reliving 80s style?

#5212 4 years ago

If these anniversaries have any indication of what could potentially come to the pinball world in 2020, I'm going to be very happy & my wallet will be very empty.

My prediction at least 1-2 of these will come out in 2020...
2020 potential STERN / pinball releases ?

2020 - JAWS 45TH Anniversary.
2020 - Back To The Future 35TH Anniversary.
2020 - Goonies 35TH Annviersary.
2020 - TRON Legacy 10TH Anniversary. (*a "vault edition" / new art using the larger LCD's with etc...) Although Disney Worlds 50th Anniversary is 2021 with a new Light Cycle rollercoaster... Should stern not have Tron Vault in 2020 it's 2021... if not I'm shocked.

Movies that they missed the boat on for anniversaries this year 2019:
Gremlins 35th
The Karate Kid 35th
A Nightmare on Elm Street 35th
Terminator 35th (and the new movie just released)
The Never Ending Story - 35th

* 2021 potential STERN / releases ?
Top Gun - 35th (but about to come out with new movie now)
Aliens - 35th
Big Trouble In Little China -35th
Labyrinth -35th
Short Circuit -35th

#5213 4 years ago
Quoted from chad:

I know nothing of Stranger Things, only through Pinside. Some sort of series reliving 80s style?

Is a Scifi show taking place in the 80's. They do a good job of throwing nostalgia in your face.

#5214 4 years ago

Same here, I haven't seen an episode of stranger things. Isn't it a kids show? All I've ever seen in media/advertisements are teenagers as the stars.

#5215 4 years ago
Quoted from Breger1:

Same here, I haven't seen an episode of stranger things. Isn't it a kids show? All I've ever seen in media/advertisements are teenagers as the stars.

Nope.
Mainly a show for people who grew up in the 80s.
Was reluctant to start it but actually really enjoyed it!

#5216 4 years ago

MASH...…..with Major Holihan in cleavage revealing OD green t-shirt.

#5217 4 years ago

Bring back the side cabinet lighting like that of Star Trek LE. Or was this a one and done, too costly for Gary's liking??

#5218 4 years ago
Quoted from chad:

No , they must do the dual Total Recall game....

I assume Stern doesn't want to hear the phrase "total recall" given all the playfield issues that they've had.

#5219 4 years ago
Quoted from fisherdaman:

I assume Stern doesn't want to hear the phrase "total recall" given all the playfield issues that they've had.

Ha Ha!!

#5220 4 years ago
Quoted from Breger1:

Here is some carnage for you to take a look at. It will not cause any spoilers in case you decide to watch the show.

#5221 4 years ago
Quoted from Grandnational007:

I've seen exactly zero episodes of TWD

Let me save you countless hours of your life...

It starts off really cool, and you get pulled in for a few seasons... then they repeat the same story arc over and over... gasoline apparently never has a shelf life... and then one day you realize you just watched Carol fucking pick blueberries for an hour and you question what you're doing with your free time.

#5222 4 years ago
Quoted from Nihonmasa:

Nope.

Same here. I rarely watch any TV anymore. Someone told me Stranger Things was pretty good and my kids wanted to see it. Season 1 was awesome. Season 2 not so much but ended strong with season 3. They did a great job leaving you hanging at the end of each episode and wanting more. The show mostly centers around kids/teenagers but it's not a kids show at all. If it was a movie, it would probably be PG13 with the language, violence, and adult content. My kids did not catch most of the jokes because they were aimed at people my age that grew up in the 80s. It would probably be the one pin that my kids would totally be interested in.

#5223 4 years ago

Cross generational appeal with Stranger Things’ 1980s setting for sure.
Resonates with us old farts cause we were there and its popular with younger folks too, my kids are in their 20s and they like it. The 80s are hot right now! Would like to see this game become a reality.

#5224 4 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

Gremlins 35th
The Karate Kid 35th

They missed the boat on Schindler's List 25th this year, too.

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#5225 4 years ago

So when are they announcing TMNT?!? I’m ready stern!

#5226 4 years ago
Quoted from Nihonmasa:

Nope.

Ya, I watched it because of all the Pinside chatter about it. It was a fun show. Brings us back to being kids again I guess. Not much else to say about it. Nothing original IMO. I graduated in 82.

#5227 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

They missed the boat on Schindler's List 25th this year, too.

Not funny, but man did that make me laugh

#5228 4 years ago
Quoted from darkryder:

Speaking of the 80's, what about a The Day After 1983 pin?

#5229 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Outlane:

Speaking of the 80's, what about a The Day After 1983 pin?

You mean a, 1st of januari 84 pin?
Why?

#5230 4 years ago
Quoted from darkryder:

It was essentially a reappropriation of a thread somewhere about inappropriate game licenses from years ago. Was my favorite "wrong" theme suggestion for a video game, so why not pinball? I'm a little upset that dingleberry didn't downvote that post. You can't be mad being downvoted by a dingleberry - I look forward to those.

#5231 4 years ago
Quoted from jorro:

You mean a, 1st of januari 84 pin?
Why?

you-so-funny-oh-nenegenerator-ner-oh-you-so-funny-52896130 (resized).pngyou-so-funny-oh-nenegenerator-ner-oh-you-so-funny-52896130 (resized).png
#5232 4 years ago

Moving away from the 80's then lets look at some 90's gems.

Fifth Element such a beauty, Has classic pinball written all over it.

Character, Charisma ! Callouts , Modes, Lightshows certainly could be Next Level.

FT11 (resized).JPGFT11 (resized).JPGF1 (resized).jpgF1 (resized).jpgF2 (resized).jpgF2 (resized).jpgF3 (resized).jpgF3 (resized).jpgF5 (resized).jpgF5 (resized).jpgFT113 (resized).JPGFT113 (resized).JPG

The fun stuff !

#5233 4 years ago

Stranger Things is definitely a that should hit multiple age groups/generations, it’s a new enough theme to catch younger casual players on location and there’s buckets and buckets of 80s nostalgia for older players/collectors, hell if they throw in some neon lighting who here would honestly resist?

Growing up in the 90s I’d sure like to see some newer or bonafide classics that transcend generation after generation instead of all these niche old man themes we have been getting, at some point pinball needs to start attracting fresh collectors.

#5234 4 years ago

Well, I’ll just say that Stranger Things is the ONLY pin I could purchase what would be an instant hit with my wife and 3 kids.

#5236 4 years ago

i'd buy a Zeppelin machine if it had a great playlist. one of the best bands ever.

#5237 4 years ago

They ought to make a Frank Caliendo pin, got a bunch of bad comedians up in here, target market!

#5238 4 years ago
Quoted from wlf_:

They ought to make a Frank Caliendo pin, got a bunch of bad comedians up in here, target market!

Boom! Tough Actin' Pin-Actin

#5239 4 years ago

I’m an older coot. I loved stranger things and think it would be an amazing pin.
In the virtual pinball world they did a great Stranger things pin that was and is really fun. There are a lot of things they can do with it. I does Hit all generations young people and old.
Go for it!!!!

#5240 4 years ago

Breaking Bad pin would be great.

#5241 4 years ago
Quoted from mrclean:

If these anniversaries have any indication of what could potentially come to the pinball world in 2020, I'm going to be very happy & my wallet will be very empty.
My prediction at least 1-2 of these will come out in 2020...
2020 potential STERN / pinball releases ?
2020 - JAWS 45TH Anniversary.
2020 - Back To The Future 35TH Anniversary.
2020 - Goonies 35TH Annviersary.
2020 - TRON Legacy 10TH Anniversary. (*a "vault edition" / new art using the larger LCD's with etc...) Although Disney Worlds 50th Anniversary is 2021 with a new Light Cycle rollercoaster... Should stern not have Tron Vault in 2020 it's 2021... if not I'm shocked.
Gremlins 35th
The Karate Kid 35th
* 2021 potential STERN / releases ?
Top Gun - 35th (but about to come out with new movie now)
Aliens - 35th
Big Trouble In Little China -35th
Labyrinth -35th
Short Circuit -35th

Great ideas. As a newbie with 2 nib pins...I would love to see a top gun or aliens versus predator concept.

Jaws as in the movie? hmmm.

#5242 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Great idea... Seriously. A mix of drugs, guns, science class and fried chicken toys could be epic.

#5243 4 years ago
Quoted from Royale-W-Cheese:

Great ideas. As a newbie with 2 nib pins...I would love to see a top gun or aliens versus predator concept.
Jaws as in the movie? hmmm.

Cowboys vs Aliens ? Bad movie but would make a great pin.

Come one, no reaction to the Schindler List thing? That's funny shit right there.

#5244 4 years ago

I think it may be Jaws next as stern has been on a great role lately and I'd bet Gary is itching to retire as early as possible.

#5245 4 years ago
220px-Last_man_standing_ver2 (resized).jpg220px-Last_man_standing_ver2 (resized).jpg
#5246 4 years ago
Quoted from Pinstein:

I think it may be Jaws next as stern has been on a great role lately and I'd bet Gary is itching to retire as early as possible.

Gary is not retiring anytime soon. He was buzzing around the office and warehouse and showed no signs of slowing down.

I heard he just recently stopped visiting all the distro around the world. I was with a few guys who own the market in Spain and he would go there twice a year. I want to be like him at his age.

#5247 4 years ago
Quoted from Royale-W-Cheese:

Gary is not retiring anytime soon. He was buzzing around the office and warehouse and showed no signs of slowing down.

Happy to hear it.

#5248 4 years ago
Quoted from rai:

Don't think we will see any pinball based on illegal drug production. Considering every pinball in the late 80s thru the 90s had some kind of "say no to drugs" message scrolling across the screen.

Never seen stranger things. From what I read here it's a nostalgic driven show. My guess is the game will suck because it will be very limited. Remember, behind every fad of the 80s is an estate waiting for their check. I can see a pin with the name and characters but without any real 80s pop culture. Leading to a whole bunch of threads on pinside complaining about everything left out.

#5249 4 years ago
Quoted from freeplay3:

Don't think we will see any pinball based on illegal drug production. Considering every pinball in the late 80s thru the 90s had some kind of "say no to drugs" message scrolling across the screen.

And pinball was illegal mostly due to the mob but yet we have a Sopranos machine. Never say never my friend

#5250 4 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

And pinball was illegal mostly due to the mob but yet we have a Sopranos machine. Never say never my friend

Pinball was illegal due to it being gambling. Not sure it had to do with the mob..

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 16.50
$ 10.00
$ 20.00
Cabinet - Other
Filament Printing
Other
$ 45.00
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions
Decals
$ 15.00
Hardware
ScottieIA Mods
Hardware
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 49.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 30.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 28.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk
Other
$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toys/Add-ons
Machine - For Sale
Los Angeles, CA
$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Slipstream Mod Shop
Toys/Add-ons
$ 54.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Slipstream Mod Shop
Toppers
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
arcade-cabinets.com
Toys/Add-ons
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 12,999.00
Pinball Machine
Classic Game Rooms
Pinball Machine
Cabinet - Decals
Space Coast Pinball
Decals
$ 89.99
Cabinet - Decals
Maine Home Recreation
Decals
$ 46.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lermods
Toys/Add-ons
$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
Machine - For Sale
Hermosa Beach, CA
$ 259.99
Cabinet - Toppers
Lighted Pinball Mods
Toppers
$ 14.95
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Pimp
Decals
$ 12.95
$ 120.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn
Decorations
Hey modders!
Your shop name here
There are 46,130 posts in this topic. You are on page 105 of 923.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine/page/105?hl=mettle64 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.