Albumism_TheCars_TheCars_16x9.jpg
IMG_1935 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240412_203046_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240412_203117_Chrome (resized).jpg
DSC06496 (resized).JPG
DSC06495 (resized).JPG
DSC05223 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 46,875 posts in this topic. You are on page 104 of 938.
#5151 4 years ago

You're a few years late to the title generator.

Quoted from KLR2014:

Just seen on FB, pinball paparazzi[quoted image]

Capture (resized).PNGCapture (resized).PNG
#5153 4 years ago

Die Hard
John Wick
Jaws
Goonies
Toy Story

#5154 4 years ago

I'm curious if Keith Elwin's comments about nobody being allowed to be hurt in JP apply solely to that liscence or if it is a Stern policy? If it is a Stern policy that makes certain titles highly unlikely that action flicks like John Wick and Die Hard or horror suggestions like Friday the 13th and Saw just wouldnt be the same without the violence.

#5155 4 years ago
Quoted from Peanuts:

There's a press release?

announce != announced

#5156 4 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

I'm curious if Keith Elwin's comments about nobody being allowed to be hurt in JP apply solely to that liscence or if it is a Stern policy? If it is a Stern policy that makes certain titles highly unlikely that action flicks like John Wick and Die Hard or horror suggestions like Friday the 13th and Saw just wouldnt be the same without the violence.

TWD

#5157 4 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Have you seen The Walking Dead machine?

#5158 4 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

The licensor objected. Keith said it was something like “umm, no”

#5159 4 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

TWD- violence hurting people all over the place
Metallica - Eyeballs exploding out of Sparky as he's electrocuted
Iron Maiden - pulls heart out and splatters "extra ball" lettering on the screen
etc, etc, etc

I don't think it's a Stern restriction...

#5160 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

TWD- violence hurting people all over the place
Metallica - Eyeballs exploding out of Sparky as he's electrocuted
Iron Maiden - pulls heart out and splatters "extra ball" lettering on the screen
etc, etc, etc
I don't think it's a Stern restriction...

Seems like a valid point but I would also point out that none of those are "people" being killed. Zombies, cartoon character and eddie.
Wait, Deadpool has ninjas. There we go. Not a Stern thing.

#5161 4 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

Seems like a valid point but I would also point out that none of those are "people" being killed. Zombies, cartoon character and eddie.
Wait, Deadpool has ninjas. There we go. Not a Stern thing.

Walking dead absolutely has people getting killed. Zombies bite a chick in the neck and blood spews out for one of the animations. Pretty sure that killed her.

#5162 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

Walking dead absolutely has people getting killed. Zombies bite a chick in the neck and blood spews out for one of the animations. Pretty sure that killed her.

Merely a flesh wound.

#5163 4 years ago

Big Trouble
Killer Stern Title

With ZY Art

BT 111 (resized).jpgBT 111 (resized).jpgBT Main (resized).jpgBT Main (resized).jpgBT Raw 2 (resized).jpgBT Raw 2 (resized).jpgBT Yes (resized).jpgBT Yes (resized).jpgBig Trouble RAW (resized).jpgBig Trouble RAW (resized).jpg
#5164 4 years ago
Quoted from Sinistarrett:

Lots of people sure do say “ I would buy (Theme XXX) sight unseen!” and “Take my money!” and “This title would be an insta- buy for me!” Because of this mindset, no matter what the next Stern is its:
A: probably going to have a price increase
B: certainly going to have incomplete code
C: likely going to suffer from quality control issues
None of these problems are ever going to go away with people consistently throwing large sums of money at a product they have never even actually seen or for that matter, a product that hasnt even been reviewed by any actual consumers. Whatever happened to demanding a proven quality product that has been adequately tested and performs properly out of the box?
If people were a bit more patient and didnt buy, say, all 400 LE models of a game before its even been released or reviewed maybe Stern would put a bit more effort into these games before putting them out.

And this is the exact reason that pinside is antithetical to the primary pinball customers.. operators. Sorry, fancy-pantsers with your fancy gamerooms, operators/locations still buy the most machines.

#5165 4 years ago
Quoted from SadSack:

And this is the exact reason that pinside is antithetical to the primary pinball customers.. operators. Sorry, fancy-pantsers with your fancy gamerooms, operators/locations still buy the most machines.

umm... no, they don't. even gary stern reflected that home users accounts for the majority of their sales 2 or more years ago

#5166 4 years ago

I don't care what the next theme is, who's designing it, and who is doing the code. Just give me a relevant pinball that I can buy, run on the route for a few years, make some money, then sell.
No more dream titles for me. Casual players go on what they know. Munsters was cute, but I am in my 40s and they were 20 years old when i was a kid. BKsor, another nod to the old times. Elvira is another game piggy backing on its 2 previous games. Can't run it. I have bar/restaurants that have kids playing the games. One parent complains and it's out. Not to mention the price structure doesn't help.

#5167 4 years ago

I vote Monty python. Holy grail. Callouts would be amazing. A ton to work with.

#5168 4 years ago

This won't be the next pin but Dr Strange sequel comes out in 2021 that would make a cool pinball machine.

ds (resized).jpgds (resized).jpg
#5169 4 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

umm... no, they don't. even gary stern reflected that home users accounts for the majority of their sales 2 or more years ago

link? I thought I read he said it was a growing portion, but still NOT the majority.

#5170 4 years ago
Quoted from SadSack:

link? I thought I read he said it was a growing portion, but still NOT the majority.

I can't provide a link for something that I heard firsthand. gary (and stern as a whole) finally admitted that the private sector is where the majority of their machines are going.

I'll concede that pinball as a whole has seen growth in the past couple of years and there are many [new] retail establishments that now have games on location, but those seem to fluctuate if the establishments do not have an on-site or contracted technician (bar owners for the most part are not techs and do not want to be). the fact that pinball machines are mechanical and can have a whole host of things go wrong vs. a video game is the reason why many bars will try them out and then you see them gone a few months later.

my hats off to the operators putting in new games for us to play given the increased investment costs. I'm fortunate to live in an area where no less than 4 establishments within a 30min drive purchase just about every new game that is made available

#5171 4 years ago
Quoted from j_m_:

I can't provide a link for something that I heard firsthand. gary (and stern as a whole) finally admitted that the private sector is where the majority of their machines are going.

I spoke to a number of folks from Stern at Expo, including Gary, and while no one was willing to share numbers it’s apparent that the numbers have finally shifted to the home market. The only industry insider to comment on it publicly was Pat Lawlor and he indicated that at one point is was as high as 90% home / 10% operator (I don’t remember if he was talking specifically about JJP at the time). He also indicated that Stern was one game away from closing in the early 2000’s, a point that Gary didn’t deny (though I think he disagreed on the timeframe).

The whole Pro/Premium/LE was designed to take advantage of that shift.

I don’t think it’s healthy for the industry long term to not have good options for operators (current pricing seems to make ROI problematic), but operators are no longer buying the majority of new games.

#5172 4 years ago

How about an Avengers pin that doesn't suck or fall apart.

#5173 4 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

I spoke to a number of folks from Stern at Expo, including Gary, and while no one was willing to share numbers it’s apparent that the numbers have finally shifted to the home market. The only industry insider to comment on it publicly was Pat Lawlor and he indicated that at one point is was as high as 90% home / 10% operator (I don’t remember if he was talking specifically about JJP at the time). He also indicated that Stern was one game away from closing in the early 2000’s, a point that Gary didn’t deny (though I think he disagreed on the timeframe).
The whole Pro/Premium/LE was designed to take advantage of that shift.
I don’t think it’s healthy for the industry long term to not have good options for operators (current pricing seems to make ROI problematic), but operators are no longer buying the majority of new games.

Agreed, the future problem shifts to real-estate space for the Home User market...eventually you reach a point of saturation. Not everyone has giant basements or gamerooms and therefore have to be very picky with what they want bolted down or in for long periods at a stretch. Sure, there will always be those who are willing to swap out, but for some, me included, getting my pins to my location in my house is an event. So long term, home users space and choosiness will become more and more specific. Without an operator equal share, I'm fearing an over saturation point if amazing pins continue to be cranked out at the current rate. Maybe a manufacturer buyback program could work...Not sure how with the distributor model, maybe for a credit. They do it at video card companies like eVGA...just a thought...

I'm hoping the pinball Barcade model continues to grow and expand, there definitely seems to be a resurgence with the 80's trend happening currently, and most downtown area Barcades I have frequented, seem to be prospering.

Eventually the demographics shift, disposable income changes...hope not to see crashes like in the past and hopefully the game makers have learned from history

#5174 4 years ago

Some Distributors encourage HUO and high end trade-ins. That is an easy way to replace a newish pin with a newer pin. Trade values offered are usually fair.

48C5EE3B-803A-40BB-809E-C40065A46EBC (resized).png48C5EE3B-803A-40BB-809E-C40065A46EBC (resized).png
#5175 4 years ago
Quoted from fooflighter:

Agreed, the future problem shifts to real-estate space for the Home User market...eventually you reach a point of saturation. Not everyone has giant basements or gamerooms and therefore have to be very picky with what they want bolted down or in for long periods at a stretch. Sure, there will always be those who are willing to swap out, but for some, me included, getting my pins to my location in my house is an event.

Agree, sace is a real problem. I’m full, so to bring in a new game a favorite has to leave. And moving a game in/out isn’t a picnic.

I wish Stern and JJP would consider selling populated playfields so we could swap out games like Pinball 2000. It wouldn’t be a huge segment of the market, but would bring the cost of owning a new game way down. The cabinets are identical physically/electrically so it’s certainly doable. If someone doesn’t do this in the next few years my wife and I have decided we are probably done (though we will make room for Toy Story).

Super exclusive ad from the Pinside Marketplace!
#5176 4 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Some Distributors encourage HUO and high end trade-ins. That is an easy way to replace a newish pin with a newer pin. Trade values offered are usually fair.[quoted image]

What do you consider fair? I haven’t seen too many programs where the trade in comes anywhere near what a private sale would bring.

#5177 4 years ago
Quoted from jfh:

Agree, sace is a real problem. I’m full, so to bring in a new game a favorite has to leave. And moving a game in/out isn’t a picnic.
I wish Stern and JJP would consider selling populated playfields so we could swap out games like Pinball 2000. It wouldn’t be a huge segment of the market, but would bring the cost of owning a new game way down. The cabinets are identical physically/electrically so it’s certainly doable. If someone doesn’t do this in the next few years my wife and I have decided we are probably done (though we will make room for Toy Story).

It already exists:
https://www.multimorphic.com/p3-pinball-platform/

#5178 4 years ago

Sorry, P3 isn’t the same thing at all.

Stern and JJP could continue to build full machines but just sell more populated playfields.

#5179 4 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

How about an Avengers pin that doesn't suck or fall apart.

Avengers deserves another try with lcd, movie rights and a Ritchie Brother layout for sure.

#5180 4 years ago
Quoted from 2pupPinz:

Avengers deserves another try with lcd, movie rights and a Ritchie Brother layout for sure.

Such good movies and could make such a great pinball machine

#5181 4 years ago
Quoted from freeplay3:

I don't care what the next theme is, who's designing it, and who is doing the code. Just give me a relevant pinball that I can buy, run on the route for a few years, make some money, then sell.
No more dream titles for me. Casual players go on what they know. Munsters was cute, but I am in my 40s and they were 20 years old when i was a kid. BKsor, another nod to the old times. Elvira is another game piggy backing on its 2 previous games. Can't run it. I have bar/restaurants that have kids playing the games. One parent complains and it's out. Not to mention the price structure doesn't help.

I understand what you are saying, and this isn't directed at you (or any individual). I don't doubt that you get complaints about this kind of crap, but it makes me scared for our future.
What the hell happened to parents? Who the hell would protest a GAME? That is all it is. A freaking game? I'm about your age. All my friends had Friday the 13th, Die hard, Total recall, Terminator etc on the original NES when we were in freaking kindergarten. We also watched all those movies. Yes, occasionally some lame ass parent wouldn't let a kid watch an R-rated movie, so that kid would just go to a friend's house and watch it. We also had action figures and toys that our parents bought us from all of these franchises.
I laugh at some if the b.s. titles that come out today. We wouldn't have been caught dead watching Wonka, Goonies, or any of these lame ass P.G. games that are licensed. What the hell happened to people that were born in the 70's and 80's? Grow up people and stop being offended by everything.

#5182 4 years ago
Quoted from freeplay3:

Seriously? One person complains and out. How did we allow one person so much power?

#5183 4 years ago
Quoted from majicman110:

I understand what you are saying, and this isn't directed at you (or any individual). I don't doubt that you get complaints about this kind of crap, but it makes me scared for our future.
What the hell happened to parents? Who the hell would protest a GAME? That is all it is. A freaking game? I'm about your age. All my friends had Friday the 13th, Die hard, Total recall, Terminator etc on the original NES when we were in freaking kindergarten. We also watched all those movies. Yes, occasionally some lame ass parent wouldn't let a kid watch an R-rated movie, so that kid would just go to a friend's house and watch it. We also had action figures and toys that our parents bought us from all of these franchises.
I laugh at some if the b.s. titles that come out today. We wouldn't have been caught dead watching Wonka, Goonies, or any of these lame ass P.G. games that are licensed. What the hell happened to people that were born in the 70's and 80's? Grow up people and stop being offended by everything.

Quoted from Roostking:

Seriously? One person complains and out. How did we allow one person so much power?

If it was up to me I would tell anyone who complained to piss off. Unfortunately, as a long time operator of Jukes, ATMs and of course pins, you are at the mercy of the bar owner. The bar owner is at the mercy of any customer, no matter how bat shit crazy they are. I almost lost a jukebox location because someone played a rap song during dinner and an old bitty bitched. So for me in a family friendly location I need to consider things like elvira and her assets, black knight and the "scary" monsters, and other things that may offend anyone. Yeah, it sucks.

#5184 4 years ago

America has become a society of nanny pamby botch ass whiners who are offended at everything and by god if someone is offended by something everyone has to suffer.

#5185 4 years ago

Texas Pinball Festival just posted this on Facebook.

75279123_10157673603844116_2111529583411986432_n (resized).jpg75279123_10157673603844116_2111529583411986432_n (resized).jpg
#5186 4 years ago

Saw this yesterday evening. Sign?

20191025_234214 (resized).jpg20191025_234214 (resized).jpg
#5187 4 years ago
Quoted from Nihonmasa:

Saw this yesterday evening. Sign?[quoted image]

That looks far too sturdy to have anything to do with Stern Pinball machines.

#5188 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

That looks far too sturdy to have anything to do with Stern Pinball machines.

Lol no, it was in a ferry boat in Greece
But I found it amusing with everyone guessing the next title

#5189 4 years ago
Quoted from Nihonmasa:

Saw this yesterday evening.

Now we know that in the next Stern game the ball will go up a ramp and then through a door...twice.

#5190 4 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

Now we know that in the next Stern game the ball will go up a ramp and then through a door...twice.

And it will come from our threads on Pinside........you're welcome mofos!

#5191 4 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

America has become a society of nanny pamby botch ass whiners who are offended at everything and by god if someone is offended by something everyone has to suffer.

Hence the “monkey” that was removed on Oktobefest game. Shocked it created such nonsense.

#5192 4 years ago

Anyone have any news? Seems like if there is another release in 2019 we would hear about it now!

#5193 4 years ago

The buzz I'm hearing now is stranger things is next. Here's the order I'm predicting:

Stranger things

TMNT

Led Zep

I personally would be all over the first two.

#5194 4 years ago

Will the next Stern pin have clearcoat thick enough to cover the insert & ink lines?

Also. Wtf happened to Bill & Ted. Bogus!

#5195 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

The buzz I'm hearing now is stranger things is next. Here's the order I'm predicting:
Stranger things
TMNT
Led Zep

Stranger Things by Brian Eddy would get my attention, although I think Brian would be perfect for TMNT too.

#5196 4 years ago
Quoted from delt31:

Stranger things
TMNT
Led Zep

I hope so.

stpin-1038x1298 (resized).jpgstpin-1038x1298 (resized).jpg
#5197 4 years ago
Quoted from frankmac:

I hope so.[quoted image]

Looks like a JJP pitch

Any other pics? Guessing it’s a virtual pin design?

#5198 4 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Looks like a JJP pitch
Any other pics? Guessing it’s a virtual pin design?

I believe this is a V pin
Looks good.

#5199 4 years ago

#5200 4 years ago
Quoted from J85M:

Stranger Things by Brian Eddy would get my attention, although I think Brian would be perfect for TMNT too.

I believe it's Borg on TMNT. I would think Eddy on ST, which would be awesome

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Drumstarr mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
FlipMods

Wanted
Machine - Wanted
West Chicago, IL
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Machine - For Sale
Merritt Island, FL
$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Travahontas Mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 22.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 47.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Space Coast Pinball

$ 150.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
FlipMods

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

Machine - For Sale
Milwaukee, WI
$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Chrome Candy

There are 46,875 posts in this topic. You are on page 104 of 938.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine/page/104?hl=kciaccio and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.