Albumism_TheCars_TheCars_16x9.jpg
IMG_1935 (resized).jpeg
Screenshot_20240412_203046_Chrome (resized).jpg
Screenshot_20240412_203117_Chrome (resized).jpg
DSC06496 (resized).JPG
DSC06495 (resized).JPG
DSC05223 (resized).JPG

Topic index (key posts)

2 key posts have been marked in this topic (Show topic index)

There are 46,875 posts in this topic. You are on page 100 of 938.
#4951 4 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Is this sarcasm?

It wasnt meant to be taken seriously but just happened that two people from California were the ones saying Goonies wasnt very good. Ive never heard that before and Goonies is known as one of the best 80's movies made.

#4952 4 years ago

I wonder if Rocky Horror Picture Show has been or ever would be considered?

#4953 4 years ago
Quoted from pudealee:

I wonder if Rocky Horror Picture Show has been or ever would be considered?

That sounds more like a Spooky title. Love to see RHPS but not sure it would have a large market.

#4954 4 years ago

Is the next Stern possibly going to be a Quicksilver remake? I heard this rumor on this thread earlier. Sure hope so, as Quicksilver's such a great design!

quicksilver03 (resized).jpgquicksilver03 (resized).jpg
#4955 4 years ago

I'm hoping for Honey Boo Boo.escape from the trailer park hurry up and butter sketti multi ball would be great building blocks.

#4956 4 years ago
Quoted from RayGun:

Zappa?[quoted image]

If it has a Baby Snakes Multiball I will buy two.

#4957 4 years ago
Quoted from Classics_Master:

Is the next Stern possibly going to be a Quicksilver remake? I heard this rumor on this thread earlier. Sure hope so, as Quicksilver's such a great design![quoted image]

Led Zep Quicksilver

#4958 4 years ago
Quoted from Puffdanny:

I'm hoping for Honey Boo Boo.escape from the trailer park hurry up and butter sketti multi ball would be great building blocks.

C'mon. CLEARLY it's Multi-Meal Multiball. The game writes itself.

#4959 4 years ago
Unknown (resized).jpegUnknown (resized).jpeg
#4960 4 years ago

Fortnite? I'm still hoping for DeadFlip's Pokemon pin.

#4961 4 years ago
2C6BCD2C-5AD5-472F-99AB-E7A3A80F23CC (resized).jpeg2C6BCD2C-5AD5-472F-99AB-E7A3A80F23CC (resized).jpeg
#4962 4 years ago

If they reuse the Quicksilver layout, the game should give you the option of playing with the ruleset and sounds of the original game.

#4963 4 years ago
Quoted from 2pupPinz:

[quoted image]

More labo to end up in landfills this time next year? What a flop product.

#4964 4 years ago

Where did this Quicksilver/Led Zep mashup rumour originate? Ive only heard about it in this thread. Sounds interesting to me as long as its not Beatles pricing.

#4965 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Have you seen Cobra Kai season 1 yet? In the beginning it gives a bit of the story from Johnnys perspective. Show is great.

I only *liked* Karate Kid ... I saw it a couple of times back in the day. It was a good movie of course, but it was a lot like Rocky and was predictable. I hadn't watched it in decades.

I am completely hooked on Cobra Kai though ... when it was announced, my knee jerk reaction was that it was going to be a bland rehash of the original movie with new characters. I was completely wrong and cannot wait for the third season .

I think the theme would work great for a pin ... especially if it has that "You're the Best Around" song .

#4966 4 years ago

Just curious ... has anyone heard of a 007 themed pin being designed by Steve Ritchie? He had posted a picture of Christopher Walken on Facebook a couple of weeks ago. I found that odd. I recalled a 007 pin rumor, and figured that Steve would certainly want Max Zorin as a bad guy in his pin. I questioned him about it, but, of course, he wouldn't say anything.

I'd *love* to see a *GOOD* James Bond pin. The Gottlieb one does nothing for me and I didn't like Goldeneye. There's a new Bond flick coming out next summer I believe ... seems like it wouldn't be a bad time to release a Bond pin.

#4967 4 years ago

I risk pinside banishment but I dont get excited for Ritchie games any more. I love some of his games but they are all too similar feeling for my taste.

#4968 4 years ago
Quoted from KnockerPTSD:

I risk pinside banishment but I dont get excited for Ritchie games any more. I love some of his games but they are all too similar feeling for my taste.

I still love No fear the best!

I know people are gonna hate me for that

#4969 4 years ago
Quoted from V8haha:

I still love No fear the best!
I know people are gonna hate me for that

Have no fear for what other people may think of you!

#4970 4 years ago

I love my ST pro!

#4971 4 years ago

Special whitewood edition of something. No clear coat concerns. Box of crayons included to add your own playfield art if wanted.

#4972 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

It wasnt meant to be taken seriously but just happened that two people from California were the ones saying Goonies wasnt very good. Ive never heard that before and Goonies is known as one of the best 80's movies made.

Ok, thanks for the clarification. I live in Utah and I wouldn't rank Goonies anywhere close to a top 10 80's movie either.

Too each their own, however. If we all thought the same or had identical opinions on everything, the world would be a pretty boring place.

#4973 4 years ago
Quoted from Utesichiban:

Ok, thanks for the clarification. I live in Utah and I wouldn't rank Goonies anywhere close to a top 10 80's movie either.
Too each their own, however. If we all thought the same or had identical opinions on everything, the world would be a pretty boring place.

Exactly! I was born in 1980, so the Goonies was a very exciting movie to watch as a kid, it had adventure, mystery, surprise, scary stuff... Often things from my childhood I continue to like as an adult... Hence Pinball haha

#4974 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Exactly! I was born in 1980, so the Goonies was a very exciting movie to watch as a kid, it had adventure, mystery, surprise, scary stuff... Often things from my childhood I continue to like as an adult... Hence Pinball haha

Back to the Future
Ghostbusters
Star Wars - Empire Strikes Back
Star Wars - Return of the Jedi
Indiana Jones
Preditor
The Terminator
Blade Runner
Top Gun
The Thing
Aliens
Star Trek - The Wrath of Khan
Escape from New York
Dune
Caddyshack

I really like those much better than Goonies myself

{REMOVED - HAD TOO MANY LISTED}

Yeah Goonies is far from my Top 10 80s movies - But it is a good movie though

#4975 4 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

Back to the Future

I just saw a video that showed the original plan for BttF ENDING was supposed to be the same as the BEGINNING of Indy 4 where Indy survives a nuclear blast in a fridge. The time machine was a lead-lined fridge. Thank god they didn't have the budget for that and it became a car.

#4976 4 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

Back to the Future
Ghostbusters
Indiana Jones
Preditor
The Terminator
Blade Runner
Top Gun
The Thing
Aliens
Escape from New York
Dune
Caddyshack
I even prefer:
Beverly Hills Cop
Rambo
National Lampoons Vacation
Airplane
The Karate Kid
Dead Poets Society
Platoon

Not me! These cant be all lumped into one category, they are different Genres. And most of what you listed are "adult" movies. So I wasnt watching those as a kid.

#4977 4 years ago

Studio execs thought better of trying to make a movie where kids would see people getting into a fridge, to time travel....common sense prevailed.

#4978 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Not me! These cant be all lumped into one category, they are different Genres. And most of what you listed are "adult" movies. So I wasnt watching those as a kid.

Good point!

#4979 4 years ago

Thanks! And I like just about everything you listed, I love 80's movies. But the one that I cannot ever get to liking is...... Blade Runner. UGghh, no matter how many times I try lol.

#4980 4 years ago

Always a laundry list of 1980s movies suggested for pin themes. One that I havent seen mentioned is E.T., seems like that would be fairly well suited to base a pin on what with the bicycle chase, phoning home, maybe collecting Reeses Pieces and so on.
Some kind of mech to make a playfield mounted E.T.s neck elongate would be kinda cool.

1C2437F2-FA0D-43B1-94F2-0325187F6EA6 (resized).jpeg1C2437F2-FA0D-43B1-94F2-0325187F6EA6 (resized).jpeg
#4981 4 years ago
Quoted from Sinistarrett:

Always a laundry list of 1980s movies suggested for pin themes. One that I havent seen mentioned is E.T., seems like that would be fairly well suited to base a pin on what with the bicycle chase, phoning home, maybe collecting Reeses Pieces and so on.
Some kind of mech to make a playfield mounted E.T.s neck elongate would be kinda cool.[quoted image]

Funny, that is one other 80's movie that I cannot stand lol. Im not sure if its because I find Elliot the most annoying whiny kid ever, or that E.T. looks like a melting pile of poop. I know, im in the minority for sure.

#4982 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Funny, that is one other 80's movie that I cannot stand lol. Im not sure if its because I find Elliot the most annoying whiny kid ever, or that E.T. looks like a melting pile of poop. I know, im in the minority for sure.

I'm with you on ET - that is why I did't list it. But it is certainly an iconic 80s movie.

I also left off alot of the ones my wife would like more, like: Dirty Dancing, Footloose, etc.

#4983 4 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

I left off ones my wife would like more, like Dirty Dancing.

If they made it I bet I would have the time of my life playing that pin!

#4984 4 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

I'm with you on ET - that is why I did't list it. But it is certainly an iconic 80s movie.
I also left off alot of the ones my wife would like more, like: Dirty Dancing, Footloose, etc.

Sounds like my wife haha.

#4985 4 years ago
Quoted from Sinistarrett:

Where did this Quicksilver/Led Zep mashup rumour originate? Ive only heard about it in this thread. Sounds interesting to me as long as its not Beatles pricing.

It was last year that someone briefly mentioned it - can't remember who.

Since then lots of different people.

#4986 4 years ago
Quoted from Capn12:

Studio execs thought better of trying to make a movie where kids would see people getting into a fridge, to time travel....common sense prevailed.

But it was okay for Indy 4 to show that?

Supposedly the reason they cut it was not that, it was budget. They didn't have the budget to show the nuke and it blowing away houses, etc from the blast. It was only a 19 million budget and they blew 3 million right at the beginning by having to reshoot the whole first month.

#4987 4 years ago
Quoted from Capn12:

Why? Is it hard to get out of a fridge?

#4988 4 years ago
Quoted from Rager170:

Why? Is it hard to get out of a fridge?

The old ones it is. They have a hard latched handle on the front you can't open from the inside.

#4989 4 years ago

Yes, in old fridges it was.

"In the original draft of Back To The Future, Marty McFly worked for Professor Brown, who was a movie bootlegger and the time machine was a laser device that was housed in a room. In the story’s climax, the device was attached to a refrigerator, and taken to the Nevada desert test site for the atomic bomb, where it was strapped into the back of a truck and driven into the atomic explosion in order to harness the power from the nuclear explosion. Marty had to climb into the fridge as the truck barreled towards ground zero.

Why was the idea scrapped? Director Robert Zemeckis has said in interviews that producer Steven Spielberg was afraid that children would start climbing into refrigerators and getting trapped inside, after replicating the scene in the film. Who would have thought that he would have made a film where the hero climbs into a fridge at a nuclear test site almost 25 years later."

https://www.slashfilm.com/how-back-to-the-future-almost-nuked-the-fridge/

#4990 4 years ago
Quoted from Capn12:

"In the original draft of Back To The Future, Marty McFly worked for Professor Brown, who was a movie bootlegger and the time machine was a laser device that was housed in a room. In the story’s climax, the device was attached to a refrigerator, and taken to the Nevada desert test site for the atomic bomb, where it was strapped into the back of a truck and driven into the atomic explosion in order to harness the power from the nuclear explosion. Marty had to climb into the fridge as the truck barreled towards ground zero.
Why was the idea scrapped? Director Robert Zemeckis has said in interviews that producer Steven Spielberg was afraid that children would start climbing into refrigerators and getting trapped inside, after replicating the scene in the film. Who would have thought that he would have made a film where the hero climbs into a fridge at a nuclear test site almost 25 years later."

This video just produced this month (the whole thing's worth a watch, but marked at the relevant part) puts the change down to budget:

#4991 4 years ago

Right, the nuclear scene was scrapped due to budget, but that happened after the change in time machine device was made from the fridge.

Regardless, the Delorean made a much cooler time machine, so all ended well.

#4992 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

The old ones it is. They have a hard latched handle on the front you can't open from the inside.

ahhh ok that makes more sense...

#4993 4 years ago

Here is the amusing part of it all, showing that Movie Execs don't always know whats best:

"In a question and answer session at USC, Zemeckis and Gale stated that they had more than 40 rejection letters from studios that had considered and turned down the script."

#4994 4 years ago
Quoted from Capn12:

Wow, im a huge fan of these movies and never knew this stuff. Thank god they changed it to what it is..

#4995 4 years ago
Quoted from PinMonk:

But it was okay for Indy 4 to show that?

Yes, because you can't buy that fridges anymore.

#4996 4 years ago
Quoted from DS_Nadine:

Yes, because you can't buy that fridges anymore.

I figured it was because the last movie was so bad, nobody was going to see it anyways

#4997 4 years ago
Quoted from Capn12:

Right, the nuclear scene was scrapped due to budget, but that happened after the change in time machine device was made from the fridge.

The time machine (Delorean) was originally going to be a nuclear engine and they would need a nuclear reaction/plant to power it. They thought that would be too costly to create the set and film - so they made the time machine electrical (but still needed plutonium for some reason?) and the whole catching a lighting bolt idea was born. Rest is cinema history!!!

Back to the Future should be in everyone's 80's Top 10 in my book.

#4998 4 years ago
Quoted from Capn12:

"If you're gonna build a time machine, why not do it with some style?"

#4999 4 years ago

I would prefer to not come out the time tunnel at 88 miles per hour though! LOL!

#5000 4 years ago
Quoted from Goronic:

Back to the Future
Ghostbusters
Indiana Jones
Preditor
The Terminator
Blade Runner
Top Gun
The Thing
Aliens
Escape from New York
Dune
Caddyshack
{REMOVED - HAD TOO MANY LISTED}

Great List. The one I would add to the list is the 3rd Indiana Jobes movie: The Last Crusade. Right up there with Raiders of the Lost Ark. Didn't like Temple of Doom, though.

Promoted items from Pinside Marketplace and Pinside Shops!
$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Drumstarr mods

$ 24.95
Playfield - Protection
SilverBall Designs

$ 130.00
Playfield - Other
Pin Monk

$ 69.99
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 85.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
FlipMods

8,200 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Fort Lauderdale, FL
Lighting - Led
Mitchell Lighting

Machine - For Sale
Litchfield Park, AZ
$ 12.95
Eproms
Pinballrom

Lighting - Interactive
Pinball Mod Co.

$ 69.99
Cabinet - Decals
Inscribed Solutions

€ 48.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Kami's Pinball Parts

$ 15.00
Playfield - Plastics
Travahontas Mods

$ 130.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Dijohn

$ 29.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Pinball Shark

$ 99.99
Lighting - Other
Lighted Pinball Mods

$ 22.00
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
arcade-cabinets.com

6,950 (Firm)
Machine - For Sale
Murrieta, CA
Gameroom - Decorations
Rocket City Pinball

$ 47.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Space Coast Pinball

$ 150.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
FlipMods

$ 125.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Diddy's Pinball Mods

$ 135.00
Cabinet - Toppers
Sparky Pinball

$ 50.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Chrome Candy

There are 46,875 posts in this topic. You are on page 100 of 938.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-stern-pinball-machine/page/100?hl=thecashier76 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.