(Topic ID: 218746)

What will be the next big innovation in Pinball?

By TractorDoc

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20180609-012247 (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tractordoc.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1 5 years ago

Pinball machines have come a long way from the chimes and electromechanical era. Sound, ramps, multi-ball, multiple flippers, toys/gadgets, ball locks, magnets, DMDs, LEDs, subways, cannons, programmable music. . . so many great features that can add to and make the game more enjoyable.

Is there room for any more improvement? What could be the next big thing to enhance the game?

Cameras strategically placed in/around the playfield is an idea -- this way you can record/review a good ball or game similar to video games.

Complete code, properly working toys, etc. are always nice. . .

Other thoughts/ideas on the next big thing in pinball?

#46 5 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Liquid balls.

Those would be much too easy to drain. . .

#47 5 years ago

While cutting grass this afternoon I thought about voice activation. . . "Hey Pinball, Start Game."
    You could ask the machine to do all sorts of things for you like look stuff up on the web, set timers/reminders, etc. I suppose you could just use one of those Googlie home things as a topper. . .

#53 5 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Innovation is highly overrated in pinball and usually just mucks things up.

That is like saying Smart Phones mucked up phone calls. . . while I agree sometimes simpler is better I will take my Indiana Jones over Joker Poker most days of the week. TNA has a lot going for it but I like playing some of the classic tables just as much.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider tractordoc.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-big-innovation-in-pinball?tu=tractordoc and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.