(Topic ID: 218746)

What will be the next big innovation in Pinball?

By TractorDoc

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20180609-012247 (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider j85m.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#36 5 years ago

I think JJP had a nice idea adding a camera to some games, I just don’t feel they have exploited its full potential yet, the wanted posters in POTC is a fun idea.

Taking that tech further could add some cool elements to future pins, being able to put yourself, friends and family into lcd animations could be amusing.

And if your adding interactivity with a camera/visually why not do the audio too with voice commands that can effect gameplay, for example earn a multiball with the ability to bank it, until you need it, when the time is right activate it with a specific voice command.

Quoted from GorillaBiscuits:

Hopefully a programmable service menu and online leaderboards / online play via a smartphone app. Pretty shocked this hasn’t happened yet seeing how cheap WiFi / Bluetooth dongles are.

And this should have so happened by now!

#50 5 years ago
    Quoted from TractorDoc:

While cutting grass this afternoon I thought about voice activation. . . "Hey Pinball, Start Game."
    You could ask the machine to do all sorts of things for you like look stuff up on the web, set timers/reminders, etc. I suppose you could just use one of those Googlie home things as a topper. . .

I came up with the idea about a year ago while brainstorming features and rules for a custom build/re-theme this thread just reminded me and I thought I’d mention it as an extension of JJPs camera “innovation”.

It would have to work within the theme (it felt like a perfect fit for the theme I was considering) of the game and actually have an effect on gameplay so it is physically interactive and becomes an extension of the physical interaction the player has through the flipper buttons otherwise it would be pointless.

#55 5 years ago
    Quoted from erak:

Pachinko tech is way ahead!

Holy shit that’s cool, now to find one for the gamesroom at home

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider j85m.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-big-innovation-in-pinball?tu=j85m and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.