(Topic ID: 218746)

What will be the next big innovation in Pinball?

By TractorDoc

5 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

Screenshot_20180609-012247 (resized).png
    There are 80 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 5 years ago

Definitely need some WiFi connection for online play or to keep track of high scores. I think that cameras, WiFi and Bluetooth, will be standard on most pins in the next few years.

#52 5 years ago
    Quoted from TractorDoc:

Hey Pinball, Start Game."
    You could ask the machine to do all sorts of things for you like look stuff up on the web, set timers/reminders, etc. I suppose you could just use one of those Googlie home things as a topper. . .

Yeah, that’s all I need after a long rough day:

“Alexa, start a game.”

“Colson, are you sure? You sucked pretty bad last time. Maybe a game of Parchesi instead?”

#53 5 years ago
    Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Innovation is highly overrated in pinball and usually just mucks things up.

That is like saying Smart Phones mucked up phone calls. . . while I agree sometimes simpler is better I will take my Indiana Jones over Joker Poker most days of the week. TNA has a lot going for it but I like playing some of the classic tables just as much.

#54 5 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

They have more development money to play with.
    And a bigger need to keep the players interested.
    LTG : )

Pachinko tech is way ahead!

#55 5 years ago
    Quoted from erak:

Pachinko tech is way ahead!

Holy shit that’s cool, now to find one for the gamesroom at home

#56 5 years ago

Howabout some innovation regarding theme - enough already with the movie, tv and music group pins !

DI, TNA and Houdini are a great start

#57 5 years ago

a completed code from day 1

#58 5 years ago
    Quoted from J85M:

Holy shit that’s cool, now to find one for the gamesroom at home

http://www.plasmainfusion.com/transformers-r2-pachinko.html

#59 5 years ago

More mini game integration with the lcd, utilizing higher end modern graphics.

Star Wars added a few tie fighter, asteroid dodging mini games. And it’s fun. I could see this getting way more compelling.

And yah WiFi, for updates, help with fixing/root cause, leaderboards.

#60 5 years ago
    Quoted from poppapin:

More
    Dream on.......

Aerosmith...... Code update

#61 5 years ago

Open source code so people can have their own version of games. Imagine being able to select which set of rules you want to play. There would be certain safety barriers so you couldn't blow up the machine.

Networked games so you can play against anyone in the world. You can watch them play their ball on the monitor. It would revolutionize tournaments.

#62 5 years ago

Yes,

Bluetooth and Wi Fi Connections been a long time coming !

too easy to do, why is it not here yet ?

Kudos to JJP for having a go

Hoping there may be a Bluetooth expansion module for IMDN !

Also, Not hard to deliver great AUDIO for a few extra bucks !

C'mon Stern, supposed to be leader of the pack

Reminds me of an Aussie LEGEND ! Strop

Ha HA

Drop the Bomb !

Secret ingredient Vegemite !

#63 5 years ago

I think ball tracking using cameras would be cool..

#64 5 years ago

$8,000 for a machine and it can’t pour a beer? What is wrong here? Thousands of good men have worked on and played these things called pinball machines, and they don’t come with a tap?? Complete a mode, win a beer...simple enough.

#66 5 years ago
    Quoted from Tmezel:

Silent flippers

It would be a feat...but I second that.

#67 5 years ago

A pinball forum with the abundance of posts/content of Pinside and the civility of Tilt

#68 5 years ago
    Quoted from Phat_Jay:

$8,000 for a machine and it can’t pour a beer? What is wrong here? Thousands of good men have worked on and played these things called pinball machines, and they don’t come with a tap?? Complete a mode, win a beer...simple enough.

I've made 3 , winning a beer is based on getting to a certain score though .

2 weeks later
    #69 5 years ago

original adventurer theme

3 or 4 different adventures in one pin on a jungle village like playfield.( difference in code per adventure in display ,sound and achievements ramps and gates active or blocked opened or closed) so you can pick at start what game to play or random

yeah i know its a lot of work codewise.

#70 5 years ago

If they follow the video game industry, then micro transactions.

1 week later
    #71 5 years ago
    Quoted from John_I:

too few sales

Indeed, that's a pretty strong argument, for yesterday and today.

I'm expecting - thanks to technologies - new paradigms and business models to design, manufacture and distribute pinballs.

LEGO has set an excellent example with DESIGN byME, stopped in 2012 (https://www.lego.com/en-us/ldd/designbyme)

They missed the so called "window of opportunity", simply being ten years too early with the idea.
    The business model was not yet cost-effective.

Let's see.

What you call "co-creation" in English will give rise - thanks to technologies like robotics, machine learning, etc - to new paradigms for any product designs and developments.

Think the unthinkable - and you are often pretty close to tomorrow's reality. History provides hundreds of stories for this guideline ....

#72 5 years ago

I once heard a GM exec say on Sixty Minutes that his development dept was ten years ahead of the consumer market. He also said that fully developed innovations and technologies would never be released all at once, as soon as they had them, but would come "incrementally".
    ? Do you suppose Stern and JJP are similar in their marketing in that innovations already exist but are released in increments?
    Yield only so much at a time.
    Keeps the wheels turning if 'ya know what I mean.

#73 5 years ago
    Quoted from rollitover:

I once heard a GM exec say on Sixty Minutes that his development dept was ten years ahead of the consumer market. He also said that fully developed innovations and technologies would never be released all at once, as soon as they had them, but would come "incrementally".
    ? Do you suppose Stern and JJP are similar in their marketing in that innovations already exist but are released in increments?
    Yield only so much at a time.
    Keeps the wheels turning if 'ya know what I mean.

Who knows ? But GM and the rest of the car companies are about 20 years behind the Germans as far as body and frames are concerned .

#74 5 years ago

Design, build n sell in 6 months
    Not 3 yrs

#75 5 years ago
    Quoted from trilogybeer:

Who knows ? But GM and the rest of the car companies are about 20 years behind the Germans as far as body and frames are concerned .

I,ve bought my last GM car. My GMC truck is garbage
    Mercedes n Porsche thats where its at

#76 5 years ago
    Quoted from rollitover:

but would come "incrementally"

That was possible, as long as a few key players could dominate whole industries, worldwide.

Today and in future, in a globalized world, not anymore.

Could you imagine, that a U.S. car manufacturer would hesitate to implement an innovation, just because VW, Kia or Toyota propose, hey guys, please let's slow down and develop jointly an implementation plan.

And vice versa.

Or Amazon would align itself with Alibaba, Apple with Samsung, Google with a yet to come Russian competitor ...

Never ever.

Global competition is merciless.

As we use to say in Swiss German: "De Schnäller esch de Tefiger",

or Abba sings: "The Winner Takes It All".

#77 5 years ago

I think it would be cool if someone used camera technology to display a game’s progress on the lcd screen so other people could see the action of the game.

#78 5 years ago

Any new innovation most likely won't come from Stern. They have "Team Score" in standard adjustments and can't even utilize that in code.

#79 5 years ago

Amen to that

#80 5 years ago
    Quoted from whitey:

Design, build n sell in 6 months
    Not 3 yrs

I'd rather a game come out finished than with a ton of bugs. This can be accomplished in 6 months, but that would take more man-power aka more money, and I don't think anyone wants to do that.

There are 80 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-big-innovation-in-pinball/page/2?hl=micky and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.