B338958D-5AA9-40E9-9F4A-C99C7923DAF0 (resized).jpeg
001 (resized).jpg
5D6322AF-E9F5-4690-B71C-872F0D5C2E00 (resized).jpeg
old (resized).jpg
SOF (resized).jpg
20181119_192133 (resized).jpg
20181122_162711 (resized).jpg
7CFC9F95-B994-4D92-ABD9-181DFF26964E (resized).jpeg

There are 128 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.
#51 5 years ago
Quoted from mrgone:

I can’t fathom why anyone would pay 5k for one when for another 3-4 hundred you can get a new in box stern pro.
Say, Iron Maiden, Munsters, Deadpool, guardians, etc.

How does that help if you want a radical?

#52 5 years ago
Quoted from mrgone:

I must have lost the plot somewhere along the line.
I really like radical. I would like to own one some day.
I still remember one sitting on cL for a month at 1,700 a few years back.
I can’t fathom why anyone would pay 5k for one when for another 3-4 hundred you can get a new in box stern pro.
Say, Iron Maiden, Munsters, Deadpool, guardians, etc.
Or a host of other older sterns or Bally Williams games.

Pretty sure that's we're poking fun at. It's a real head scratcher.

#53 5 years ago

5K Lizard has a nice ring to it.

#54 5 years ago
Quoted from Silverballer:

I might actually get mine working if that were true. I've got close to $1500 into it's and it's still a basket case.

#55 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

Easy. It keeps $5k in your pocket. Then you buy the next Radical for $2500. Then you've still got $2500.

#56 5 years ago
Quoted from CrazyLevi:

I want every game. I just want them all to be sub 2k because I’m cheap and still remember when most games were sub 2k.
Can’t a grumpy old man piss and moan on the internet now a days? Say it with me, back in my day!

#57 5 years ago
Quoted from mrgone:

I want every game. I just want them all to be sub 2k because I’m cheap and still remember when most games were sub 2k.

Me too. Wasn't too long ago. I was looking at CD rates today.... I think I'm just going to buy some pins instead: better return on my money.

#58 5 years ago
Quoted from mrgone:

Can’t a grumpy old man piss and moan on the internet now a days? Say it with me, back in my day!

old (resized).jpgold (resized).jpg

#59 5 years ago
Quoted from Silverballer:

Agree. Love the Lizard!
Hoping one listed at 5k might include the alternate backglass art too!

Thx again for all the input!

5D6322AF-E9F5-4690-B71C-872F0D5C2E00 (resized).jpeg5D6322AF-E9F5-4690-B71C-872F0D5C2E00 (resized).jpeg

#60 5 years ago

Anyone paying 5k for a system 11 is freaking insane. Even restored these aren't worth that much, aside from banzai, and that's because the odd form factor. System 11 is fantastic, but they are simple games to put them on par with new games is stupid.

#61 5 years ago

Hopefully they’ll all be worth > $5000 USD one day and I can cash up all 30 of them and retire.

rd

#62 5 years ago

Transporter....one of the greats... simply bad ass

#63 5 years ago
Quoted from Deerlakes6:

Transporter....one of the greats... simply bad ass

And only 850 made ....

rd

#64 5 years ago
Quoted from rotordave:

And only 850 made ....
rd

Kinda like the Munsters LE.

Too soon?

#65 5 years ago

I would vote for Banzai Run

#66 5 years ago

Banzai Run has been around a $5k pin for the past few years.

#67 5 years ago

If I had to vote, I would say Whirlwind since it's the best of the bunch.

#68 5 years ago

I'm gonna say BK2K, mostly because I own one... I rarely see them for sale. One in nice condition just popped up on Craigslist for $3500.

I occasionally see F-14 Tomcats and Pin*Bots for sale locally. There are a couple of Fire!s for sale too. All are around $2-2.5k.

#69 5 years ago

I will sell any of my system 11s for $5K right now if there are any interested parties

#70 5 years ago
Quoted from Pinwizkid:

I will sell any of my system 11s for $5K right now if there are any interested parties

Only if the pf is blown out. I couldn't afford a clean player...

#71 5 years ago

Someone has to say it...

001 (resized).jpg001 (resized).jpg

#72 5 years ago
Quoted from JeffZee:

Someone has to say it...
[quoted image]

I could see that Donald Trump Millionaire selling for $5k.

#73 5 years ago

I want a millionaire. Been lookin' since '16.

#74 5 years ago
Quoted from IdahoRealtor:

I could see that Donald Trump Millionaire selling for $5k.

would have to rename it billionaire

#75 5 years ago

Millionaire seems to get a lot of hate but the first and only time I saw and played it, I thought it was fun enough. Of course I was new to pinball at the time but even then, I picked up on its skill shot mech timing being entirely too easy and predictable. All that effort for what looked like a cool mech that ultimately didn't amount to much... kind of a shame.

#76 5 years ago
Quoted from JeffZee:

Someone has to say it...

Any pin with Tom Selleck on the backglass will be worth 10K by Xmas.

#77 5 years ago

I’d love Mousin Around to get up towards $5k but still don’t know if I could sell mine. The game is just so damn fun and quirky. And looks great with LEDs and Herg’s LED-OCD board. And sounds awesome with flipper fidelity speakers.
Yeah...I went overboard on mine and glad I did.

#78 5 years ago

System 11 are the new 90's W/B

This is really true when I look at this from my operator angle. I used to (as in within the last 2-3 years) be able to get SYS 11 projects or even functioning games for less than $1k and get them up and ready for route pretty quickly.

The current SYS 11 pricing is the same reason why in the past I never really looked at B/W C or D titles. The $2500-$3500 I'd have to pay, compared to the $.50 a play that I'd feel comfortable asking (when AFM and MM are priced at .$75 locally) just didn't make business sense. Now, SYS 11's are in that same exact boat. I tend to look very carefully at the bang for buck level when looking at a next game for my route. It's really getting to the point where I'm going to try and just rotate what I have and get newer games since the ROI is better on them.

#79 5 years ago
Quoted from John_I:

[quoted image][quoted image]

HMMM! That Police Force looks very familiar [John I].

#80 5 years ago

Maybe a mint HUO Whirlwind???

B338958D-5AA9-40E9-9F4A-C99C7923DAF0 (resized).jpegB338958D-5AA9-40E9-9F4A-C99C7923DAF0 (resized).jpeg
#81 5 years ago

Great thread, missed this one earlier. The Radical that is for sale now is a bargain! Nice player Banzai's could be @7k+. Transporter could go north of 5k as well as Champaign Fire. I think most of the rest got a ways to go yet. Some could be close, all mentioned before.

#82 5 years ago

Earthshaker may have not been mentioned yet. Nice ones are right up there.

#83 5 years ago
Quoted from dozer1:

Earthshaker may have not been mentioned yet. Nice ones are right up there.

You may be right.
Didn’t realize how fast the local market rates can change.

Machine - For Sale
Earthshaker Archived
Fully shopped/refurbished - “Excellent example. Full LED. Error free play. Smooth and fast. Minor cab touchup. A couple display lines minor outgassing still visible and display is bright. Available for play. P...”
2019-01-19
Los Angeles, CA
45 (Firm)
Archived after: 1 day
Viewed: 877 times

#84 5 years ago
13AB990A-F394-4D92-900B-F631F87C1545 (resized).jpeg13AB990A-F394-4D92-900B-F631F87C1545 (resized).jpeg
#85 5 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

You may be right.
Didn’t realize how fast the local market rates can change.

They can double in the blink of an eye. Just since 5 minutes ago I decided my Comet is worth $5k and it's not even a sys 11. Crazy market we're in.

#86 5 years ago

They can double in the blink of an eye. Just since 5 minutes ago I decided my Comet is worth $5k and it's not even a sys 11. Crazy market we're in.

Hahahahaha.
Well played.
But unfortunately there is some legitimacy to this statement. When enough people start posting their games way above market, they may not get their asking price but they do start raising the perceived value of certain games/systems in others minds.
It’s only natural that this happens in a consumer based economy.

#87 5 years ago
Quoted from Ranhorton:

Hahahahaha.
Well played.
But unfortunately there is some legitimacy to this statement. When enough people start posting their games way above market, they may not get their asking price but they do start raising the perceived value of certain games/systems in others minds.

I agree. It's so dumb though. Why is it that so many instantly equate a seller's asking price with actual value? Seller can pick any number out of the sky. Doesn't mean anything.

This plagues us every day. Clueless Craigslist seller who "did their research" prices high based off some crazy Ebay asking price since "that's what they're going for".

Pinside seller prices sky high and very first comment is "I didn't realize the value had gone up so much. Good to know."

Or even worse from the price pumper "great game! I wouldn't let mine go for less than (insert seller's crazy asking price + $1000)"

So long as buyers keep falling for it there will be no end to it.

#88 5 years ago

I decided my Comet is worth $5k

I wish you were closer.

#89 5 years ago
Quoted from Ranhorton:

Hahahahaha.
Well played.

Perceived. Magic word there.

Only sold if it’s sold.

#90 5 years ago
Quoted from dozer1:

I wish you were closer.

Can you discount me $3 grand for gas? I’ll bring you donuts kid.

#91 5 years ago

This thread is making me regret selling my SOF.

#92 5 years ago

Since Millionaire was already discussed, I'll propose Jokerz as the next $5k sys 11!

#93 5 years ago
Quoted from Blackbeard:

Haha. In your dreams.

just finished my dr dude . with last NOS playfield , NOS plastics , NEW cabinet decals,NOS big shot figure , maybe last spare NOS plastic ramp & switches , boards FULLY serviced ,orig translate with holograms ,NEW pinscore displays , top notch targets , inner side decals,leds , supabands and most of the coils and switches replaced for new would need at least 5K to prize it from my hands-NO DREAMS, THIS IS REALITY .wether or not someone appreciates it as much as me remains to be seen, but would shine in any collection . that's my opinion-remember, opinions are like bellybuttons -we all have one but they don't hold much water

IMG_0469 (resized).JPGIMG_0469 (resized).JPG
#94 5 years ago

Just listed a Mousin! Get it while the gettings good! lol

#95 5 years ago

System 11 games for so long have been under rated. Diner, Elvira, BK2k, dr dude is a great playing game. any of these above games play as well as earlyWPC games, T2, BOPB, gilligan, and games like that.
I have a factory diamond plate Marilyn Taxi and would not even consider a $5k offer. I think this might be the only factory Taxi DP built. These ultra rare DP sample system 11 games could be very valuable. I think there are 4 or 5 BR with DP. Might be 100 WW and Diners. Never seen an Elvira DP, but would be surprised if there were not some out therr

#96 5 years ago
Quoted from athens95:

System 11 games for so long have been under rated. Diner, Elvira, BK2k, dr dude is a great playing game. any of these above games play as well as earlyWPC games, T2, BOPB, gilligan, and games like that.
I have a factory diamond plate Marilyn Taxi and would not even consider a $5k offer. I think this might be the only factory Taxi DP built. These ultra rare DP sample system 11 games could be very valuable. I think there are 4 or 5 BR with DP. Might be 100 WW and Diners. Never seen an Elvira DP, but would be surprised if there were not some out therr

my dr dude is diamond plate . any idea how many of them?

IMG_0470 (resized).JPGIMG_0470 (resized).JPG
#97 5 years ago
Quoted from athens95:

Diamond plate taxi?! Never knew they made one.

Post pics!

#98 5 years ago

Sample Earthshakers (first 200 had the sinking building factory installed) can fetch close to 5K.
I have had some offers 4K plus in the past couple of years.

#99 5 years ago
Quoted from Vino:

An unrestored Radical listed on the marketplace is the latest system 11 to jump into the 5k range, (with pinstadiums).
Which low production system 11 may be next?

Not exactly 5K (EURO] but very near by:
My Earthshaker .. I boughht for 3K a very nice machine, last 20 years in homeuse. All pcb´s , cabinett, shaker with matching serialnumber, not any fix on the pcb´s, perfect original backglas.
New Playfield due on the old one the mylar became bad looking and some swirls in the yellow areas. Some new plastics.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/itggyrgk3kehj8f/AACVimPTkwZE5KopdSX1VTNGa?dl=0

But the bad part of the story ... there is no way in Germany to sell a Sys11 for this price ... people prefer buying a new PRO for some bucks more ...
I dont know from any Sys11 which is here over 5 K (EURO) ... Elvira and Diner are "UpperClass ....

#100 5 years ago
Quoted from Ranhorton:

I’d love Mousin Around to get up towards $5k but still don’t know if I could sell mine. The game is just so damn fun and quirky. And looks great with LEDs and Herg’s LED-OCD board. And sounds awesome with flipper fidelity speakers.
Yeah...I went overboard on mine and glad I did.

Ha, this is honestly what it would take to get mine, and it's not as nice as yours...and I'd probably still need to sleep on it. The game is so fun, amazing flow, some really unique shots and locks...hell even the theme and music are perfect with the art and the backglass.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
Cabinet - Other
NO GOUGE PINBALL™
Other
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 27.00
Electronics
Yorktown Arcade Supply
Electronics
$ 69.99
6,400 (OBO)
Machine - For Sale
Findlay, OH
Wanted
Machine - Wanted
Spring Mount, PA
$ 40.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
$ 299.95
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 19.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
Toys/Add-ons
$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
Machine - For Sale
Quakertown, PA
$ 23.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
Playfield - Other
Rocket City Pinball
Other
$ 27.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
$ 45.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
$ 100.00
Gameroom - Decorations
The Flipper Room
Decorations
$ 20.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Don's Pinball Swag Barn
Toys/Add-ons
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
PinSound
Sound/Speakers
$ 95.00
Cabinet - Sound/Speakers
Pinball Mod Co.
Sound/Speakers
$ 30.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
UpKick Pinball
Toys/Add-ons
$ 36.95
Eproms
Pinballrom
Eproms
Lighting - Led
Pin Stadium Pinball Mods
Led
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 54.99
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Lighted Pinball Mods
Shooter rods
$ 29.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
$ 49.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Eproms
$ 69.00
Gameroom - Decorations
Pinball Pimp
Decorations
There are 128 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 3.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-the-next-5k-system-11/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.