(Topic ID: 132775)

Stern's Next Music Pin? (Can Vote For More Than 1)

By ZippyThePinhead

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 877 posts
  • 263 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by ahdelarge
  • Topic is favorited by 9 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“What music theme pin would you like to see Stern release next?”

• Iron Maiden 314 votes
      23%
    • Led Zepplin 263 votes
      19%
    • Pink Floyd 231 votes
      17%
    • Rush 137 votes
      10%
    • Lynyrd Skynyrd 29 votes
      2%
    • Beatles 157 votes
      11%
    • Mötley Crüe 94 votes
      7%
    • Ozzy 87 votes
      6%
    • ZZ Top 81 votes
      6%

(Multiple choice - 1393 votes by 904 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

There have been 115 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

14079536_10209118330732203_3841343766395540128_n (resized).jpg
    image_(resized).png
    Walken-Cowbell_DS-300x229_(resized).jpg
    hqdefault_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).png
    boong-ga_02_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    download_(resized).jpg
    haters_(resized).jpg
    BT_(resized).jpg
    Alice-Cooper-Vs-Chaos_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    cannabis2011.jpg
    pink-floyd-the-wall.jpg
    kanye_neverheard.jpg
    beneath350.jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider o-din.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#185 4 years ago

If it has to be something as ancient as all the bands listed I'm going with

The Dead Kennedys.

#187 4 years ago

Too drunk to F*#K multiball.

#189 4 years ago
    Quoted from woody24:

Why does it need to be old rock bands that aren't putting out any new music?

Because the people buying them still believe in the mullet, but most can no longer grow one.

#193 4 years ago

In all truth I would have zero interest in spending that kind of money to rehash the 70s or 80s one more time.

Some good suggestions have been made on more current bands though.

#202 4 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

20 years of Foo, let's expand the horizons a little bit!

He did that with his little side projects.

#208 4 years ago

I voted Skynyrd because you can never have enough Free Bird.

#212 4 years ago
    Quoted from Erik:

Like a weekend at o-din's, or so I hear!

This was one of them! One of my guests brought a video camera Sat. night to record games. All I can remember doing was making a lot of noise in the background. I should have a no camera rule from now on.

I did however whip out my old UFO Lights Out and Scorpions Lovedrive CDs for the occasion. I see neither of these bands is an option here. The brothers Schenker ruled in the 70s.

#213 4 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

The brothers Schenker ruled in the 70s.

#226 4 years ago

This thread rocks.

#227 4 years ago
    Quoted from Quint:

Plus their stage shows were/are very elaborate and can easily be "pinballified"

Hallford break out a sub machine gun and sprayed the audience with blanks during an interlude of Victim Of Changes. That didn't stop a shell casing from hitting me in the side of the head. That's rock n roll.

#235 4 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

But like your dad always warned you, never point a gun, loaded or unloaded, at anyone you are not ready to kill.

He actually sprayed up over the audience but that didn't stop the shell casings from flying everywhere. It was a free concert in a small gig put on by a local radio station so I'm not complaining. The stage must have been too small for his Harley. The next night at the civic he rolled out on that and I don't remember if he ever broke out the Tommy gun again. It was the Killing Machine tour.

#237 4 years ago

This was in '79 at Cal State Long Beach. The show is not listed as one they ever did but was the night before they did a couple shows at the Santa Monica Civic which we went to as well.

#238 4 years ago

Sometimes google is your friend. I may have got the song wrong.

gunman.jpeg

http://judaspriest.com/news/fullstory.asp?id=137AFB61-CECF-4D2D-9599-62DED901074B

"We used to do a song called “Genocide” and at the end of the show, for whatever reason, it was probably one of my wacky ideas, I said wouldn’t it be great if at the end of the breakdown, we kind of set off some explosions or whatever. And that idea manifested itself into me walking out on stage with a fully automatic Thompson submachine gun full of blanks.

I’m standing there looking all Rambo, holding this machine gun. And you can actually see the blanks, the blank cartridges flying all over the place."

#242 4 years ago

I want the Hannah Montana LE.

#272 4 years ago

If I was to be interested in a rock themed pinball machine, it would have to be themed after a band I listen to now. Not one I listened to 30 or 40 years ago. And I do listen to Muse now. But rarely any of those dinosaur bands listed in the poll.

#277 4 years ago
    Quoted from Jackontherocks:

Let me know if I need to break out Jack Daniels to get into them.

I think breaking out the Jack is a given no matter what you listen to. My musical tastes have changed like a chameleon over the years, but often times I found myself listening to underground stuff that was not very popular with the masses but became popular later on.

Not sure if anything I listen to now will be popular enough to sell pinball machines because it is more of a variety of bands that make up the current alternative rock scene. There are some good stations that play that variety including alt nation on sirius and local station 98.7. Some of it is is kind of funky, but others are more guitar oriented. It keeps me motivated.

#279 4 years ago

Misfits were good enough for Metallica to cover, so maybe you aren't that far off.

#281 4 years ago

I hear that Danzig guy is really happy when somebody tries to snap his picture.

#288 4 years ago

Rob Schneider's daughter's got it going on.

#289 4 years ago

Maybe we should go with Gwar

#293 4 years ago

Well you asked. I bide my time trying to figure out shit that makes not much sense. And listen to non popular music while doing it. It works for me.

#326 4 years ago

I used to listen to Lamb of God and similar bands like Devil Driver and others but what this game needs is more color and character. So maybe if we can get with those guys on the cartoon thread and combine our efforts, a music themed pin that is relevant to the 21st century can become a reallity.

Dethklok.jpg

3 weeks later
    #383 4 years ago
    Quoted from Rarehero:

A new band pin would be a dud. A music themed pinball machine is more than the music - it has to be about an icon - an band that's beloved enough that its fans would want to buy/play it, and mainstream enough that even casual fans can enjoy it.

Then the obvious choice for Stern's next music pin is Grand Funk Railroad.

#385 4 years ago

I'm yet to play Mortal Donkey Dong.

2 weeks later
    #426 4 years ago
    Quoted from saford:

Gary Myrick & The Figures baby!

Now there's a blast from the past. Must have saw them about 10 times back in the early 80s. A very energetic live show and was always a good time. What a great guitar player.

1 week later
    #447 4 years ago

Britney Spears

#449 4 years ago

I honestly think they should do a Suicidal Tendencies pinball machine.

#451 4 years ago

Funny, I saw Pantera play with Suicidal. It was epic.

#456 4 years ago

Awesome!

#462 4 years ago
    Quoted from HighVoltage:

I'm a little bitter because I don't find any of the Stern music pins appealing.

I'm not. If I did I might actually want to buy one. Stern is carrying on the tradition of quality, up to date licensed themes that they left off with Sega. It's a formula that works.

2 months later
    #492 4 years ago

I find it shocking nobody here wants a Stones VE!

gads.jpg

3 weeks later
    #532 4 years ago

After the recent music pin releases I have to believe we are getting close to Foghat. "Because I'm a fool for her titties".

#534 4 years ago

The two times I saw them they were outstanding with Axl's voice in top form. Saw a recent live video they did and he can still sing.

#538 4 years ago
    Quoted from libtech:

why not make a music pin around a contmporary band?

I've been asking the same thing for years. Apparently modern pinball and modern music don't mix. They need to sell these machines and from what I gather most that are buying them are still going thru that phase where they need something to remind them of when they were younger and times were easier for them. Ironic as I am liking the older machines now most but listen mostly to modern music. Different strokes for different folks. Yeah, I said Strokes.

#540 4 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

rock music has faded away.

The band Cage The Elephant has stated that with their next album they are going to prove rock and roll is not dead. But yeah, who on here has heard of those guys except me.

#543 4 years ago
    Quoted from Hwawonyu:

Saw them with the Black Keys. Great show!

Those two together would have been epic! Matt Shultz stage persona reminds me of Iggy Pop. Stage diving and all.

#548 4 years ago
    Quoted from DCFAN:

Come a little closer then you'll see there are more of us with you.

I see what you did there. Thanks!

I was thinking somebody might try to shake me down because there were not a lot of these people left around.

#556 4 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

If you turn on any Alternative radio station in OH, the only thing they play is Cage. Ain't No Rest for the Wicked is probably played every 1/2 hour, and Shake Me Down once a hour.

I hear that. It is not just Cage that makes it interesting, but the variety of other bands combined , none of which are super popular but in alt rock there is definitely strength in numbers.

#558 4 years ago
    Quoted from libtech:

Cage the elephant would be sweet, but they are not big enough, but I think black keys, jack white would be sweet and big enough, or if it must be older sure nirvana/pearl jam would be awsome as well. nirvana pearl jam would be reliving my youth anyways and I think there are lots of pinheads in the same boat

Black Keys, Jack White, and even Muse all make great guitar oriented rock. But I think a pinball machine would benefit from a combination of several of these current bands and then it might work.

#560 4 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

even the aforementioned Foghat.

I got your translite right here!

fool.jpg

#564 4 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

Man, a mustache like that could get you laid instantly back in the 70s.
    AIDS really took the fun out of casual sex.....

I hear ya brother! I've still got a lot of my vinyl including that one. I remember going to a stereo store and to test out some very large speakers the guy put on Slow Ride and cranked it up all the way.

#566 4 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

It's funny that Slowride is always chosen from that album, but the title track, Save your Love, and Drive Me Home are better songs.

That whole album's great. Plus some off their others like Drivin Wheel. I always liked that song.

#568 4 years ago

I mentioned how Aerosmith also had three great albums. You couldn't go to any party back then without Toys in the Attic, Rocks, or Get Your Wings being played over and over again. Too bad my 8 track player ate my copies.

#572 4 years ago

RIP Lonesome Dave.

#579 4 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Too bad my 8 track player ate my copies.

I guess if I wanted to relive my misspent youth I could buy it back-

ebay.com link » Aerosmith Rocks 8 Track Tape 1976

#585 4 years ago
    Quoted from kporter946286:

Taylor Swift and Adele are not rock stars. I was explaining how ROCK was killed.

They aren't but these guys are.

#598 4 years ago
    Quoted from Jimmyd044:

After reading this I miss the late 70's punk scene Ramones/Sex Pistols/Clash. Another great time for me and music was the mid 70's Aerosmith/Thin Lizzy/Bowie.

I remember that time well. There was a lot of resistance from many of the old school rockers when punk and new wave came on the scene, but later on they all sort of mixed together. I always liked anything that was edgy. Not always mainstream, but definitely music that would make you think.

You mentioned Social D. I went to school with those guys and one of the reasons I accepted punk early on.

#600 4 years ago
    Quoted from kporter946286:

Muse sounds great! If you like them you might like my band. Check out this track.

I like it! Muse has a similar sound to all their music but if you take in a little here and a little there, there is a lot of great stuff. Watching that entire concert at The Mayan recorded only a few months ago really sold me on this band as being masters of their craft and giving it everything they've got when they go on stage.

#619 4 years ago

Thin Lizzy deserves serious consideration here. Certainly as iconic as any of the recent pinball themed bands. And their legendary status remains intact. Phil Lynott RIP.

#623 4 years ago

I saw Iggy with Gang of Four in about 1980. He rules!

#625 4 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

Talk about strange bedfellows...

Like the Ramones opening for Black Sabbath on the Never Say Die and Rocket To Russia tours. That was interesting to say the least.

#626 4 years ago

Today that sounds like the epic double bill. But things were different back then.

#627 4 years ago

I think if tastefully done a Jethro Tull pin could be another winner. Not only did they pave the way for one of the most iconic bands ever (that would be them) but also won a Grammy for best hard rock artist in 1989 beating out some tough competion. I saw them once. They killed it.

#630 4 years ago

They beat Metallica and I'm not sure if they released an album or not that year. That story goes way back as Tull got snubbed by the Grammys many years earlier. So redemption maybe... but that is beside the point as not many bands come even close to Tull's credentials. They were in a class by themselves. Which seems to work in pinball today.

#636 4 years ago
    Quoted from rvdv:

Guess what: Jimi Hendrix is next

Rumor has it.....

#641 4 years ago
    Quoted from toyotaboy:

No, it's a pinball themed after Hendricks Gin

I think Hendrix was a whisky man. "See this top?.....flop..."

1 week later
    #677 4 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

I haven't listened to Iron Maiden since I was 12. I had a copy of Killers on cassette.

Still more recent than when I listened to Aerosmith on 8-track.

#679 4 years ago
    Quoted from ZippyThePinhead:

I can remember recording my own Aerosmith compilation on 8-Track!

You had an 8-track recorder? Wow!

#681 4 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

You could tell at the Superbowl that he was not playing his guitar.

Couldn't have been as obvious as the time ZZ Top did halftime.

#684 4 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Acts are not allowed to play their instruments during superbowl.

Are they worried about an instrument malfunction?

#687 4 years ago
    Quoted from msteinmetz13:

So it is aerosmith not hendrix? bummer

Be patient. Rock pins are working their way backwards. Between Aerosmith and Hendrix there are still quite a few to get done.

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/top-albums-of-1971/

#690 4 years ago
    Quoted from mnpinball:

At expo I personally talked with someone in the business that the next band pin has 4 band members.

Dethklok has four members. Going back and reading some of these threads, one guy that seems to be right about certain things said the next band being done started with an "M". So I'll just leave that here for more speculation.

#695 4 years ago

If they do Aerosmith and skip the 80s and stick with the 70s music that made them great it might be semi-palatable. But I still wouldn't be buying it.

#705 4 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

If you're lucky they'll at least frontload it with earlier material like Metallica did.

I'm already lucky because like Metallica I have their early albums on vinyl that I also no longer play. Nothing like putting an old bands music on a pinball machine though to make you never want to hear them again.

1 week later
    #752 4 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

Many of the bands people have proposed in this thread are WAY too slow to play pinball to.

Then what we need is the Dickies!

#756 4 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

You can never have too much Dickies.
    Banana Splits

Stuck in a Pagoda with Tricia Toyota

#759 4 years ago

Plasmatics!

#760 4 years ago

Wow, I never saw this one before. RIP both of them!

#765 4 years ago
    Quoted from ZippyThePinhead:

I would probably buy a ZZ Top pin, but don't think many others would interested to justify manufacturing one.

Just in time for the new LCD display, the three of them could be up there lip syncing.

#770 4 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Because then instead of 1 licence you have to work around you'll have 7. Each with diff'rent demands and problems etc etc

Well they could always hire that hillrod to do cover versions of all the songs.

#776 4 years ago
    Quoted from jimy_speedt:

only a one band pinball.

Only band that matters.

download_(resized).jpg

#778 4 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Never cared for the clash.

If you never saw them live, it was a great show. Lots of energy.

But then again so was The Jam.

#796 4 years ago

Just watched one of their shows last night. Certainly a pinball machine could use a Panic Switch.

1 week later
    #820 4 years ago

17 pages and has anybody mentioned Blue Oyster Cult yet? What this pinball machine needs is more cowbell.

#821 4 years ago

Walken-Cowbell_DS-300x229_(resized).jpg

1 week later
    #845 4 years ago

Pearl Jam blows.

Soundgarden. Rusty Cage multiball.

#847 4 years ago
    Quoted from nman:

Also, though I'm sure a lot of people probably think that the music of a Sinatra/Rat Pack pin might not fit well with pinball, it has the potential to be such a strong theme that I would have to strongly consider getting one..

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/which-40s-era-band-would-make-the-best-pinball-theme

#849 4 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

how were sound gardens latest albums....oh yea, they don't exist anymore.

I saw a reunion show and it was pretty good. But I'd rather just leave the 90s as a fond memory...

#852 4 years ago

Bump for old blue eyes!

#862 4 years ago

Anthrax was always a fun show and you always got your money's worth when you went to see them.

#866 4 years ago

Offspring

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 14.95
    Playfield - Decals
    COINTAKER.COM
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    Playfield - Plastics
    Ramp-O-Matic
    Pinball Machine
    Operation Pinball
    $ 48.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 40.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Arcade Arts
    $ 34.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 3.00
    Various Other Swag
    Project Pinball Charity
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    UpKick Pinball
    $ 175.00
    Lighting - Interactive
    Professor Pinball
    $ 229.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 399.00
    Gameroom - Decorations
    Bent Mods
    $ 149.00
    $ 47.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 24.00
    Playfield - Other
    Pin Monk
    $ 54.99
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 9.99
    Various Other Swag
    Circus Maximus
    $ 90.00
    Lighting - Under Cabinet
    Rock Custom Pinball
    $ 7,599.00
    Pinball Machine
    Gulf Coast Pinball, LLC
    $ 71.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 20.00
    Various Novelties
    GC Pinball

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider o-din.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside