(Topic ID: 132775)

Stern's Next Music Pin? (Can Vote For More Than 1)

By ZippyThePinhead

8 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 878 posts
  • 264 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by xefned
  • Topic is favorited by 9 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“What music theme pin would you like to see Stern release next?”

• Iron Maiden 315 votes
      22%
    • Led Zepplin 263 votes
      19%
    • Pink Floyd 232 votes
      17%
    • Rush 137 votes
      10%
    • Lynyrd Skynyrd 31 votes
      2%
    • Beatles 157 votes
      11%
    • Mötley Crüe 94 votes
      7%
    • Ozzy 89 votes
      6%
    • ZZ Top 83 votes
      6%

(Multiple choice - 1401 votes by 909 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

14079536_10209118330732203_3841343766395540128_n (resized).jpg
    image_(resized).png
    Walken-Cowbell_DS-300x229_(resized).jpg
    hqdefault_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).png
    boong-ga_02_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    download_(resized).jpg
    haters_(resized).jpg
    BT_(resized).jpg
    Alice-Cooper-Vs-Chaos_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    cannabis2011.jpg
    pink-floyd-the-wall.jpg
    kanye_neverheard.jpg
    beneath350.jpg
    There are 878 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 18.
    #251 8 years ago
    Quoted from Plungemaster:

Cause of the options off course iron maiden gets the most.
    It is ridiculous we dont have an option like "something else".
    I can name 50 bands or artists i want more in a pin than any of these options.

Curious to the 50 other bands you think worthy of a pin.

#252 8 years ago

Violent fems ..that would rule

#253 8 years ago
    Quoted from ZippyThePinhead:

The option of "something else" is vague to say the least. It doesn't help to determine what pin Pinsiders would like to be made. If there is "something else" you would like to be made, you are more than welcome to post it in a post...

Technically spoken, a poll like this should indeed have a 'something else'-option. Not including one implies that the given choices are the only possibilities. Which probably leads to results that are not real (people picking their first choice on the list, which doesn't necessarily have to be their actual first choice).

Simply put, the question you ask is an open one ('What music theme pin would you like to see Stern release next?'), while the answering options are limited.

You say that 'something else' would make the results more vague. That may seem so, but actually it means this: if the 'Something else'-option would get a high ranking in this poll, there is a good chance that there should have actually been more or different choices in the answering options. You can always ask people that vote for 'something else' to explain their choice in the thread. But the option should be in the poll to get valid results.

This is not anywhere intended as a bash. It's just a more technical approach to polls and voting. I like this thread. It's an interesting discussion and a good read.

#254 8 years ago

i m gonna be stoned to death but...

Depeche Mode pinball would be a f** dream comes true for me :p

#255 8 years ago
    Quoted from Pinball-Pat:

Is U2 too soft to make a pin?

Nah, not really. The problem with U2 is that todays pins can play full songs, and many of them.

To play U2's complete song catalogue you don't need more than a 45 second loop...

#256 8 years ago

As much as I like a lot of the bands in the voting list I think a U2 pin would sell better then any of them. They have plenty of songs that are faced paced enough for a pinball machine.

#257 8 years ago
    Quoted from PanzerFreak:

As much as I like a lot of the bands in the voting list I think a U2 pin would sell better then any of them. They have plenty of songs that are faced paced enough for a pinball machine.

U2 and Greenday are two pins that I couldn't bear to look at because of their non-music political quackery. I used to love Greenday.

Its not even a question of political beliefs, its that they assume they're smarter than everyone else... I don't know any smart people that almost died in a bicycle crash.

#258 8 years ago
    Quoted from Raknitz:

i m gonna be stoned to death but...

Depeche Mode pinball would be a f** dream comes true

Not at all, in fact it might fit pinball pretty good because it's filled with synth (as many late 80's pins had).

#259 8 years ago
    Quoted from ZippyThePinhead:

The option of "something else" is vague to say the least. It doesn't help to determine what pin Pinsiders would like to be made. If there is "something else" you would like to be made, you are more than welcome to post it in a post...

It does help to determine these options are crap.

#260 8 years ago
    Quoted from Jackontherocks:

Curious to the 50 other bands you think worthy of a pin.

Ok, i will give it a go, haha .

1. Queen
    2. U2
    3. Nirvana
    4. Simple minds
    5. Bob Marley and the wailers
    6. Doe Maar (Dutch band)
    7. The Golden Earring
    8. Pearl Jam
    9. LIVE
    10. Life Aid themed pin
    11. Dire straits
    12. Rage against the machine
    13. Robbie Williams
    14. DJ Tiesto
    15. Dance festival pin, like awakenings, Dance valley etc
    16. Billy Joel
    17. Guns and roses
    18. UB40
    19. Andre Hazes (Dutch folksinger, should be world famous, not kidding, not alive anymore sadly)
    20. DJ Hardwell (like tiesto been multiple number one dj in the world and both born in Breda, where i live)
    21. Underworld
    22. Faithless. (OMG!!!!! YES!!!!! )
    23. The Police
    24. Blues brothers
    25. Charley lownoise and Mental Theo (Dutch 90s happy hardcore duo, would be epic)
    26. 2 unlimited
    27. The Doors
    28. Red hot chilli peppers
    29. Foo Fighters
    30. BIG
    31. Europe!
    32. Uhmmm...... Getting hard now to be honoust...

Let me think.

"Under construction"

Ps. Out of these options i would pick Faithless, that would be fantastic.

Or a Dance festival themed pin or.... Bob Marley.... Difficult...

#261 8 years ago
    Quoted from Pinball-Pat:

Is U2 too soft to make a pin?

Nope! The PopMart tour alone could provide all the toys you would need!

#262 8 years ago

Volbeat!

#263 8 years ago

Did anyone mention Nine Inch Nails?

nine inch nails.jpgnine inch nails.jpg

#264 8 years ago

^ not yet. I haven't seen a TOOL mention either.

But Rage Against The (pinball) Machine, would be amazing also! I'd probably blow out the speakers on that pin!

#265 8 years ago
    Quoted from SuperPinball:

Did anyone mention Nine Inch Nails?

I'd like a NIN purely for the design. If David Carson would do the design of the artwork, that be awesome! One of my favorite designers.

#266 8 years ago
    Quoted from TOK:

U2 and Greenday are two pins that I couldn't bear to look at because of their non-music political quackery. I used to love Greenday.
    Its not even a question of political beliefs, its that they assume they're smarter than everyone else... I don't know any smart people that almost died in a bicycle crash.

Shouldn't have been too surprising considering Green Day started a punk band.

#267 8 years ago

My vote would definately go to MUSE.

Just imagine:
    - Time is Running Out Hurry-Up
    - Madness Multiball
    - Supermassive Black Hole Lower Playfield (Gottlieb style)
    - Knights of Cydonia Wizard Mode
    - Newborn Bash Toy (ok, joking about that one )

#268 8 years ago
    Quoted from Jappie:

My vote would definately go to MUSE.
    Just imagine:
    - Time is Running Out Hurry-Up
    - Madness Multiball
    - Supermassive Black Hole Lower Playfield (Gottlieb style)
    - Knights of Cydonia Wizard Mode
    - Newborn Bash Toy (ok, joking about that one )

Plus they have great videos and stage shows to copy ideas from

#269 8 years ago
    Quoted from Quint:

Plus they have great videos and stage shows to copy ideas from

Oh hell yes. Very cool videos. And their live performances are the absolute best. Talk about an epic band that's actually relevant right now.

I'm sure this stunt from 2009 could be incorporated into the game somewhere as well :
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/music/music-news/6217470/Muse-singer-Matt-Bellamy-swaps-places-with-drummer-on-Italian-TV.html
    http://www.dumpert.nl/mediabase/638451/4dc7ddc1/muse_neemt_italiaanse_tv_kijker_in_de_zeik.html

Ps. 'Uprising' would make a pretty bitchin' playfield ramp too, don'tcha think?

#270 8 years ago
    Quoted from Jappie:

Oh hell yes. Very cool videos. And their live performances are the absolute best. Talk about an epic band that's actually relevant right now.
    » YouTube video
    I'm sure this stunt from 2009 could be incorporated into the game somewhere as well :
    http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/music/music-news/6217470/Muse-singer-Matt-Bellamy-swaps-places-with-drummer-on-Italian-TV.html
    http://www.dumpert.nl/mediabase/638451/4dc7ddc1/muse_neemt_italiaanse_tv_kijker_in_de_zeik.html
    Ps. 'Uprising' would make a pretty bitchin' playfield ramp too, don'tcha think?

Great stuff. I think The Resistance album cover would look great on a lower playfield with lots of lights.
    I've had this "Who would make a great pinball table" conversation with friends a bunch of times.
    Muse seems to be the only band we all agree on.
    It's important to keep in mind the overall package and not just "Well, so & so in my favorite"
    That's why fossil rock & metal come up so often.
    When a band clearly puts lots of thought into the artwork & stage show. It makes it easy to picture what a table would be.

#271 8 years ago

GAGNUM STYLE!!!

#272 8 years ago

If I was to be interested in a rock themed pinball machine, it would have to be themed after a band I listen to now. Not one I listened to 30 or 40 years ago. And I do listen to Muse now. But rarely any of those dinosaur bands listed in the poll.

#273 8 years ago
    Quoted from Baiter:

Shouldn't have been too surprising considering Green Day started a punk band.

I don't have a problem being called an American Idiot, providing the person doing so hasn't had numerous meltdowns and been in rehab for substance abuse. lol

#274 8 years ago
    Quoted from TOK:

I don't have a problem being called an American Idiot, providing the person doing so hasn't had numerous meltdowns and been in rehab for substance abuse. lol

Odds are a musician that hasn't been to rehab is in denial.

#275 8 years ago
    Quoted from muzikman:

My write-in is Deep Purple! Space Truckin, Highway Star, Burn, Speed King, Woman from Tokyo, Perfect Strangers and of course Smoke on the Water would all be killer tunes to flip to!

You are so right. That would be amazing!

Frank Zappa would be a choice one as well.

#276 8 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

If I was to be interested in a rock themed pinball machine, it would have to be themed after a band I listen to now. Not one I listened to 30 or 40 years ago. And I do listen to Muse now. But rarely any of those dinosaur bands listed in the poll.

So hard to find new bands this days, I like most of the past stuff I think you like. Give me a few to check out. Let me know if I need to break out Jack Daniels to get into them.

#277 8 years ago
    Quoted from Jackontherocks:

Let me know if I need to break out Jack Daniels to get into them.

I think breaking out the Jack is a given no matter what you listen to. My musical tastes have changed like a chameleon over the years, but often times I found myself listening to underground stuff that was not very popular with the masses but became popular later on.

Not sure if anything I listen to now will be popular enough to sell pinball machines because it is more of a variety of bands that make up the current alternative rock scene. There are some good stations that play that variety including alt nation on sirius and local station 98.7. Some of it is is kind of funky, but others are more guitar oriented. It keeps me motivated.

#278 8 years ago

I'm also impressed by the Black Keys. At the other end of the spectrum, I'm just starting the groundwork on a custom Misfits pin. I don't think they were as talented as most (or any?) but there's something about a fast, short, somewhat absurd song that draws me in.

Also now that I think about it, I don't think Stern would sell more than a dozen Misfits, so this post is basically off topic!

#279 8 years ago

Misfits were good enough for Metallica to cover, so maybe you aren't that far off.

#280 8 years ago

Misfits are huge.

Every single wanabee has a Crimson Ghost tshirt, skateboard, pantyhose, tattoo.....would anybody argue that there are not at least a million of those tshirts in the world?

sourpuss_misfits_crimson_ghost_leggings_2.jpgsourpuss_misfits_crimson_ghost_leggings_2.jpg

#281 8 years ago

I hear that Danzig guy is really happy when somebody tries to snap his picture.

#282 8 years ago

If Stern won't do 'em, then hopefully JJP or Heighway Pinball will. Competition is good

If you want to be relevant, and grow the market, then modern music themes are obviously the way to go, as good as the old stuff we relative oldies love is. Maybe only one per year so you don't lose the core middle-aged male demographic

Just make sure the PF glass is vomit-proof for the Bieber pin (or equivalent), hehe.

#283 8 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

I hear that Danzig guy is really happy when somebody tries to snap his picture.

I got something to say, I fed my kitty today! was the hardest I ever laughed at a MEME.

danzig.jpgdanzig.jpg

#284 8 years ago

Danzig and Shakira doing a version of Hips Don't Lie

#285 8 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

Danzig and Shakira doing a version of Hips Don't Lie
    » YouTube video

What did I just watch

#286 8 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

Misfits are huge.

If I'm going punk, I'm going Dead Kennedys - Holiday in Cambodia multi-ball mode, which ironically have to last exactly the length of the song and be worth no points. Plus there are tons of hilarious and fun Jello Biafra callouts to be had.

this is a good interview with Jello

#287 8 years ago
    Quoted from Erik:

What did I just watch

Someone trying to make this

not quite there Shakira, sorry.

#288 8 years ago

Rob Schneider's daughter's got it going on.

#289 8 years ago

Maybe we should go with Gwar

#290 8 years ago

Forget single band deals. Do a Monsters of Rock pin themed after the concerts that features two or three big bands and two or three lesser bands. Lots more music, and lots more variety. If the licensing is too much, use generic placeholder music for some of the track and allow users to put a USB in with their own music from the band(s) to expand the pin soundtrack without having to pay the extra licensing. If the USB is there it replaces the placeholder music with the real deal.

But if we're voting for single bands only, I'm all about the Iron Maiden as long as they have a Fear of the Dark version with Bruce Dickenson.

#291 8 years ago

What do you think of these new original tunes:

Phoenix Rising:

I'm Gone:

#292 8 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

I think breaking out the Jack is a given no matter what you listen to. My musical tastes have changed like a chameleon over the years, but often times I found myself listening to underground stuff that was not very popular with the masses but became popular later on.
    Not sure if anything I listen to now will be popular enough to sell pinball machines because it is more of a variety of bands that make up the current alternative rock scene. There are some good stations that play that variety including alt nation on sirius and local station 98.7. Some of it is is kind of funky, but others are more guitar oriented. It keeps me motivated.
    » YouTube video
    » YouTube video
    » YouTube video

I will give it a shot but not much into alternative. I still love the old stuff of 70 to 80's, early 90's of Rock and heavy metal. Even if they don't make it into pins that music will live forever with me. New bands I have discovered over many years later and not in the beginning are Helloween, Gammy Ray, Hammerfall, Alestorm, Stratovarious, and not much more.

#293 8 years ago

Well you asked. I bide my time trying to figure out shit that makes not much sense. And listen to non popular music while doing it. It works for me.

#294 8 years ago

White Stripes, Ikky Thump multiball. Best guitar riff in the last ten years.

#295 8 years ago

Is it possible that Stern's next music pin will be a re-release..AC/DC, but a different version?

#296 8 years ago
    Quoted from sparechange1974:

Is it possible that Stern's next music pin will be a re-release..AC/DC, but a different version?

AC/DC was modern Sterns best selling game ever.

Garry said that the license has expired.

It would have been cheaper to renew the license than to re-license it altogether, so it seems doubtful that there will be any more AC/DCs.

#297 8 years ago

Queen all the way with artwork like this..

gfp.jpggfp.jpg

#298 8 years ago

They could make a Great White pin. During multiball the pyrotechnics go off and catch the playfield on fire.

#299 8 years ago
    Quoted from kst8cat:

They could make a Great White pin. During multiball the pyrotechnics go off and catch the playfield on fire.

Over 100 people lost their lives in that fire.

Not funny.

#300 8 years ago

Pantera the Pin

There are 878 posts in this topic. You are on page 6 of 18.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-sterns-next-music-pin/page/6 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.