(Topic ID: 132775)

Stern's Next Music Pin? (Can Vote For More Than 1)

By ZippyThePinhead

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 877 posts
  • 263 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by ahdelarge
  • Topic is favorited by 9 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“What music theme pin would you like to see Stern release next?”

• Iron Maiden 314 votes
      23%
    • Led Zepplin 263 votes
      19%
    • Pink Floyd 231 votes
      17%
    • Rush 137 votes
      10%
    • Lynyrd Skynyrd 29 votes
      2%
    • Beatles 157 votes
      11%
    • Mötley Crüe 94 votes
      7%
    • Ozzy 87 votes
      6%
    • ZZ Top 81 votes
      6%

(Multiple choice - 1393 votes by 904 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

There have been 115 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

14079536_10209118330732203_3841343766395540128_n (resized).jpg
    image_(resized).png
    Walken-Cowbell_DS-300x229_(resized).jpg
    hqdefault_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).png
    boong-ga_02_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    download_(resized).jpg
    haters_(resized).jpg
    BT_(resized).jpg
    Alice-Cooper-Vs-Chaos_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    cannabis2011.jpg
    pink-floyd-the-wall.jpg
    kanye_neverheard.jpg
    beneath350.jpg

There are 877 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 18.
    #801 4 years ago
    Quoted from Iceman5000:

But STERN did just sign a new licensing agreement with another popular band of the last 40 years. (not Aerosmith).

Quoted from Iceman5000:

I can't say more than this: You hear their music played during most professional sporting events in stadiums as crowd pumping music, along with music from AC/DC and Metallica.

#802 4 years ago

Iron maiden please.

#803 4 years ago

I like the Beatles out of the poll choices. Outside the poll choices, I like the idea of a Green Day pin.

#804 4 years ago

I wonder how one can still listen to the band after playing tens, hundreds, thousands of games with the same recurring 10 songs. I like Metallica and I love ACDC and this is the reason why I never considered purchasing these pins.

#805 4 years ago
    Quoted from jimy_speedt:

I wonder how one can still listen to the band after playing tens, hundreds, thousands of games with the same recurring 10 songs. I like Metallica and I love ACDC and this is the reason why I never considered purchasing these pins.

I thought the same thing but like any game it always has the same callouts or music etc the more time you play it so does it matter. If anything you can change out the songs form time to time or just put your own music on in the background. It's kind of watching a movie twice where it's the same thing, that's why I don't by and dvd movies to watch over and over again.

#806 4 years ago
    Quoted from jimy_speedt:

Because your playing a pin, not just sitting there listening to music.

#807 4 years ago
    Quoted from jimy_speedt:

It's not an issue. Leave the ones you like in and screw the ones you don't. Thank you Pinball Browser.

I actually gravitate towards the same tunes when I play my MET. Blackened, Battery, ...and justice for all, or Four Horsemen. I would have bought this pin whether or not I was a fan, but I happen to love their early work.

Back to topic...

Stern,

Listen to the smart guys and build Maiden, damn it.
    They freaking rule. Please don't drool.

Sincerely,
    Concerned Consumer

P.S. Don't f- the pro buyers in the a$$ by gimping the pro of gameplay features.

#808 4 years ago

^^ Well said, I like your thinking!

#812 4 years ago

Devil's Angels from the new Danzig album "Skeletons".

#813 4 years ago

New Danzig is sweet.

IMO, best throwback hard rock album from last year was Black Star Riders. The whole thing is killer. Thin Lizzy fans see below:

#815 4 years ago
    Quoted from jimy_speedt:

» YouTube video

Oh yea, I could totally see Stern doing this pin lol!!!

#816 4 years ago

yeah

Know it is kitch, but I like it ... As Iron Maiden seems to be the one, why not raving a bit

#817 4 years ago

-

Among the items that he lost in his flooded basement were irreplaceable items such as SKID ROW master tapes, a KISS pinball machine and other band memorabilia.

"How I wish there was a reason to do a [SKID ROW] box set or something before Hurricane Irene hit," he wrote in a Facebook post at the time. "Nobody cared. Now it's too late. Don't know what you got 'till it's gone, indeed."

It's funny how Sebastian tries to imply that the Skid Row "master tapes" were lost in the flood.

There is no way in hell that Atlantic Records gave the master tapes from any of the Skid Row albums to Bach, because aging rock stars might do stupid things with them - like store them in a basement.....

#818 4 years ago
    Quoted from PinCrush:

IMO, best throwback hard rock album from last year was Black Star Riders. The whole thing is killer. Thin Lizzy fans see below

Their song "Soldiertown" is almost exactly Thin Lizzy's "Emerald", note for note.

If you like Lizzy, you will like their reincarnation as BSR.

#819 4 years ago

michael jackson

#820 4 years ago

17 pages and has anybody mentioned Blue Oyster Cult yet? What this pinball machine needs is more cowbell.

#821 4 years ago

Walken-Cowbell_DS-300x229_(resized).jpg

#822 4 years ago
    Quoted from MMforever:

michael jackson

There is no way Gary Stern is going to get behind a pedophile.

#823 4 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

There is no way Gary Stern is going to get behind a pedophile.

I'm a bit jaded after reading all your posts on the private life of rock stars. Seems like everyone in the music industry is a pedo. Lol

Serious question now, are allegations alone, enough to stop a company from creating a pinball machine featuring Michael Jackson?

#824 4 years ago
    Quoted from ahdelarge:

Serious question now, are allegations alone, enough to stop a company from creating a pinball machine featuring Michael Jackson?

America's FBI says that MJ paid 24 parents a total of 35 million dollars in hush money.

(you'd think that after paying off the first kid's parents, you would stop having sleepovers with 7 year old boys in your bed; and not reach for another 23 more....)

Gary Stern is rather conservative; he's not going to touch a MJ pin with a pony spotted pole.

http://ireport.cnn.com/docs/DOC-285455

#825 4 years ago

Ugh no more mj info please

Would enjoy pixies or misfits

#826 4 years ago

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#827 4 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    » YouTube video

Partial to collection 1 myself!

#828 4 years ago
    Quoted from Erik:

Partial to collection 1 myself!

There used to be a female Misfits cover band named "She" that would play in Cinci .

They would play collection 1 & 2 in order.

I asked them why and they said "that was the order we learned them".

Works for me.

#829 4 years ago

Haha awesome. Id love to have caught that

#830 4 years ago

Five Finger Death Punch, could see this Rockin' a pin!

image_(resized).png

#831 4 years ago

My money's on Bon Jovi! I hear that music a lot at sporting events.

#832 4 years ago
    Quoted from Roostking:

Oh yea, I could totally see Stern doing this pin lol!!!

Seriously? puff...puff...pass...

#833 4 years ago
    Quoted from ZippyThePinhead:

Seriously? puff...puff...pass...

No, not seriously, I should have put a smily face or something ha. But I will puff and pass haha!

#834 4 years ago

How about Nuclear Assault or Scatter Brain

1 week later
    #835 4 years ago

Why not do a decades/generations of music/Billboard Hot 100 over the years kinda pin? Cherry pick popular, cheap licensed music from those that want in on such an endeavor and make it work. Start with original Hank Williams, work your way to Elvis, Beatles, 70's, 80's...just iconic songs of all genres over decades...like a quasi-jukebox pin. It would probably work best with technology to make the layout kinda fluid--like drop target X isn't marked by the face of Elvis Presley, but it's actually a target that appears differently based on the era or mode you are currently playing in. Maybe that's too high tech, too much Virtual Pin nonsense. Oh, and I demand a huge-ass WOZ style screen showing music videos as the action happens.

#836 4 years ago
    Quoted from Agent_Hero:

Why not do a decades/generations of music/Billboard Hot 100 over the years kindl Hank Williams, work your way to Elvis, Beatles, 70's, 80's...just iconic songs of all genres over decades...like a quasi-jukebox pin. It would probably work best with technology to make the layout kinda fluid--like drop target X isn't marked by the face of Elvis Presley, but it's actually a target that appears differently based on the era or mode you are currently playing in. Maybe that's too high tech, too much Virtual Pin nonsense. Oh, and I demand a huge-ass WOZ style screen showing music videos as the action happens.

Excellent idea!

According to Billboard:

#1 artist 1940s: Bing Crosby
    #1 artist 1950s: Elvis (who already has a pin)
    #1 artist 1960s: The Beatles
    #1 artist 1970s: Elton John (who already has a pin)
    #1 artist 1980s: Prince
    #1 artist 1990s: Mariah Carey
    #1 artist 2000s: Eminem
    #1 artist 2010s: Taylor Swift (so far)

#837 4 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

Excellent idea!
    According to Billboard:
    #1 artist 1940s: Bing Crosby
    #1 artist 1950s: Elvis (who already has a pin)
    #1 artist 1960s: The Beatles
    #1 artist 1970s: Elton John (who already has a pin)
    #1 artist 1980s: Prince
    #1 artist 1990s: Mariah Carey
    #1 artist 2000s: Eminem
    #1 artist 2010s: Taylor Swift (so far)

Dear lord...that sounds just awful...

#838 4 years ago

BEACH BOYS
    or
    FOO FIGHTERS
    or
    DEAN MARTIN

#839 4 years ago

As much as I love pink floyd (2nd favorite band), the music just isn't pin playing level. Now Led Zepplin on the other hand has in your face, rock your balls off music, which would be a good edition. But as history has told us. Doesn't matter the theme. All comes down to rules, and layout of the game. Art comes a close 3rd. Theme, dmd, and sound comes last.

#840 4 years ago

bob marley!

#841 4 years ago

RUSH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

#842 4 years ago
    Quoted from nman:

Dear lord...that sounds just awful...

I think you're taking it a little too literally. Obviously, several of those specific artists would probably be cost-prohibitive. Everyone's music tastes are different, but say something like 90's would be a grunge band because that's was a game-changer for music of that era...so what's a middle of the road, popular 90's grunge band--Soundgarden? I'm not a music expert and I didn't do months of research, but that was a fairly popular band yeah? I don't think Nirvana would be possible, but if so, maybe them...for 2000's I dunno, U-2? Whoever had a worldwide draw and was still relevant in the charts for that decade. Current decade? Imagine Dragons?

Obviously, pop doesn't resonate well with pin collectors and like I said, I'm sure many will say the names I threw out suck and would make their ears bleed or whatever. It's just a for instance. I think it would have potential. It doesn't have to be THE #1 for that decade...it could be several musicians/bands that stayed relevant throughout each decade.

Another idea: something iconic like Woodstock. Make it into a multiball with the Jimi Hendrix guitar riffs or something. Maybe if it keeps going, you swap in another iconic act from that show and have a clip of their stuff. Instead of just one song from one band for each decade...kinda mash-up the iconic bits that make up the evolution of music. Maybe that's too grandiose, but it's how I would tie it all in. Also, instead of Elvis, would Sinatra/the Rat Pack work for 50's...or Fats Domino?

#843 4 years ago

If you are going early 90's grunge, you should pick a band that still tours and active. The best choice would be Pearl Jam. they were the best out of the grunge scene anyway, and still kick serious ass.

#844 4 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

If you are going early 90's grunge, you should pick a band that still tours and active. The best choice would be Pearl Jam. they were the best out of the grunge scene anyway, and still kick serious ass.

Duh...how did I forget them?! Good call.

#845 4 years ago

Pearl Jam blows.

Soundgarden. Rusty Cage multiball.

#846 4 years ago
    Quoted from Agent_Hero:

I think you're taking it a little too literally.

More of a general commentary on how poorly the most popular music over the years would go together. While it is exemplified by vid's Billboard list, I'm guessing that any sort of decades-spanning popular music pin would be far too varied to really be desirable to most people (which, I could be wrong, but I think was vid's point). Can you imagine stacking Bing Crosby and Taylor Swift modes? <shudder>

A 90s grunge or 80s metal themed pin with various artists might be pretty cool and probably appeal to a lot of pinheads, including myself. Wouldn't want to be the one to negotiate the licensing on that beast though.

Also, though I'm sure a lot of people probably think that the music of a Sinatra/Rat Pack pin might not fit well with pinball, it has the potential to be such a strong theme that I would have to strongly consider getting one...

#847 4 years ago
    Quoted from nman:

Also, though I'm sure a lot of people probably think that the music of a Sinatra/Rat Pack pin might not fit well with pinball, it has the potential to be such a strong theme that I would have to strongly consider getting one..

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/which-40s-era-band-would-make-the-best-pinball-theme

#848 4 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Pearl Jam blows.
    Soundgarden. Rusty Cage multiball.

how dare you. how were sound gardens latest albums....oh yea, they don't exist anymore. Last 2 pearl jam albums were awesome. Backspacer and Lighting bolt are really good. Backspacer is my 2nd favorite album, only second to Yield.

#849 4 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

how were sound gardens latest albums....oh yea, they don't exist anymore.

I saw a reunion show and it was pretty good. But I'd rather just leave the 90s as a fond memory...

#850 4 years ago
    Quoted from nman:

More of a general commentary on how poorly the most popular music over the years would go together. While it is exemplified by vid's Billboard list, I'm guessing that any sort of decades-spanning popular music pin would be far too varied to really be desirable to most people (which, I could be wrong, but I think was vid's point). Can you imagine stacking Bing Crosby and Taylor Swift modes? <shudder>
    A 90s grunge or 80s metal themed pin with various artists might be pretty cool and probably appeal to a lot of pinheads, including myself. Wouldn't want to be the one to negotiate the licensing on that beast though.
    Also, though I'm sure a lot of people probably think that the music of a Sinatra/Rat Pack pin might not fit well with pinball, it has the potential to be such a strong theme that I would have to strongly consider getting one...

The possibility for strange clashes of genres is why it would have to be more of an "Evolution of Rock" kind of theme...but for the Elvis era I'd go more with Motown since Elvis already has several pins. My thought for Sinatra would just be a random callout or something like him singing "NEWWWWW YORRRRRK"...which leads to like Beastie Boys or something random that has sung about/is from New York. I'm just thinking way out there to the point where none of any one song is being played a ton...is licensing a small clip cheaper compared to an entire album or song? The clip being played when you tilt has to be ol' Hank singing "yer cheatin' heart..."

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 14.95
    $ 5,899.00
    Pinball Machine
    Classic Game Rooms
    $ 15.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Metal-Mods
    $ 214.99
    $ 3.50
    Various Other Swag
    UpKick Pinball
    $ 94.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 32.99
    Lighting - Interactive
    Lee's Parts
    $ 55.95
    Boards
    Allteksystems
    $ 86.95
    Cabinet - Shooter Rods
    Super Skill Shot Shop
    $ 68.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 95.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    pinballmod
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 39.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 18.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    The MOD Couple
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 27.50
    $ 48.00
    Cabinet - Other
    ModFather Pinball Mods
    $ 2.00
    Playfield - Decals
    Doc's Pinball Shop
    $ 36.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    bB Customs
    $ 35.00
    Cabinet - Decals
    Pinball Haus
    $ 99.99
    Lighting - Other
    Lighted Pinball Mods
    There are 877 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 18.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside