(Topic ID: 132775)

Stern's Next Music Pin? (Can Vote For More Than 1)

By ZippyThePinhead

5 years ago

Topic Stats

• 877 posts
  • 263 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 3 years ago by ahdelarge
  • Topic is favorited by 9 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“What music theme pin would you like to see Stern release next?”

• Iron Maiden 314 votes
      23%
    • Led Zepplin 263 votes
      19%
    • Pink Floyd 231 votes
      17%
    • Rush 137 votes
      10%
    • Lynyrd Skynyrd 29 votes
      2%
    • Beatles 157 votes
      11%
    • Mötley Crüe 94 votes
      7%
    • Ozzy 87 votes
      6%
    • ZZ Top 81 votes
      6%

(Multiple choice - 1393 votes by 904 Pinsiders)

Topic Gallery

There have been 115 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

14079536_10209118330732203_3841343766395540128_n (resized).jpg
    image_(resized).png
    Walken-Cowbell_DS-300x229_(resized).jpg
    hqdefault_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).png
    boong-ga_02_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    download_(resized).jpg
    haters_(resized).jpg
    BT_(resized).jpg
    Alice-Cooper-Vs-Chaos_(resized).jpg
    image_(resized).jpeg
    cannabis2011.jpg
    pink-floyd-the-wall.jpg
    kanye_neverheard.jpg
    beneath350.jpg

There are 877 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 18.
    #651 4 years ago

Voted for Beatles (way overdue for a pin), but really Tiesto, Armin Ban Buuren, and Infected Mushroom are higher on my list

#652 4 years ago
    Quoted from Linolium:

Voted for Beatles (way overdue for a pin), but really Tiesto, Armin Ban Buuren, and Infected Mushroom are higher on my list

Lol, it's great you listen to some obscure bands, but I'm sure Stern wants to sell more than 10 pins.

#653 4 years ago

Lamb of God - Blacken The Cursed Sun

#654 4 years ago

Dying Fetus

#655 4 years ago

Update no music pin.

#656 4 years ago
    Quoted from Fresh_Wax:

Dying Fetus
    » YouTube video

I can see this doing well, maybe a burning church as the main feature of the playfield?

#658 4 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

Here's someone who actually wants an Aerosmith pin though.

Uh...so what? I bet you are one of those lonely people that want an Iron Maiden pin.
    I say blah to that.

#659 4 years ago
    Quoted from mnpinball:

Stern is doing Aerosmith next. 3rd 1/4 2016. Borg/Lyman again.

When are they doing Rush?

#660 4 years ago
    Quoted from TomGWI:

When are they doing Rush?

I hope it will be the next music themed one after Aerosmith.

#661 4 years ago
    Quoted from PinballManiac40:

Uh...so what? I bet you are one of those lonely people that want an Iron Maiden pin.
    I say blah to that.

I haven't listened to Iron Maiden since I was 12. I had a copy of Killers on cassette. Doesn't do anything special for me.

But I get the appeal. Cool and distinctive art that would be great on a pin. A band that's world famous, but never really seen as a corporate rock band or dad rock. Seems like a good match for pinball to me.

Aerosmith is just boring. Every song on the pin is probably going to be something everyone has heard a millions times and is sick of. We can only hope that the band isn't on the backglass looking like a bunch of California Raisins. It's safe, and dull. They've sold a shitload of records, it's an easy license pitch to make, and it feels like the idea came out of a corporate board room.

I don't consider bands that had Wii Rock Band games based around them something particularly interesting. I'm sure it will sell, and Borg and Lyman are a great team. Wish their talents were being put towards something like milquetoast.

Obviously it sprang from the same minds that thought Mustang and WWE were great licenses too. I'm sure they hope this one sells better.

#662 4 years ago

Aerosmith... urgh... I thought being on American Idol meant that you handed in your artistic integrity.

#663 4 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

Every song on the pin is probably going to be something everyone has heard a millions times and is sick of

I can say the same for many of the Metallica and AC/DC songs too. Both did well as pins.

Everyone likes what they like...no biggie.

#664 4 years ago

I'm an old school metal guy so I've said it before and I'll say it again. MEGADETH!!! next choices
    Iron Maiden
    Anthrax
    Slayer
    Black Sabbath
    Testament

#665 4 years ago
    Quoted from yuriijos:

I'm an old school metal guy so I've said it before and I'll say it again. MEGADETH!!! next choices
    Iron Maiden
    Anthrax
    Slayer
    Black Sabbath
    Testament

Don't disagree !! Love them all.

But of that list only Sabbath and Maiden are commercial enough to have a pin made by the big company.

#666 4 years ago

I can say the same for many of the Metallica and AC/DC songs too. Both did well as pins.
    Everyone likes what they like...no biggie.

I looked it up, ACDC has sold more records than Aerosmith, so I grant you that. Is what it is, let's see the end result.

I think for me Aerosmith just doesn't conjure up visuals, anyone go to their concerts? Their album covers don't have much to work with that I can remember, are there stage props that are cool?

#667 4 years ago

Considering Aerosmith is not touring next year as it would appear with Tyler solo stuff seems strange, I am a Maiden fan and think it will be made eventually. Not a big fan of the new stuff by them and some of Bruce's short set list. Wish for others but don't think they draw the big attention for a pin such as Scorpions, Motörhead, and a few others people have suggested.

#668 4 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

anyone go to their concerts?

Yes, Sir. Lenny Kravitz opened up for Aerosmith a few years ago. Both kicked ass.

#669 4 years ago

Yes, Sir. Lenny Kravitz opened up for Aerosmith a few years ago. Both kicked ass.

Okay, but do they have props or anything? ACDC features a lot of their live stuff. Rosie, the train, the bell, etc.

Just trying to figure out what would make an Aerosmith pin not feel soulless like Rolling Stones.

#670 4 years ago

I say blah to that.

Iron Maiden would be so over the top bad ass with potential, it would rival Metallica and be an instant hit!!! Im all for it!

#671 4 years ago

What would the art work be with Aerosmith, and AC/DC redux? Iron Maiden would be the much better choice!

#672 4 years ago

I have the aerosmith arcade shooter 'Revolution X' at my place since a long while...

A 'wrong' game but still fun and nice artwork (concentrating on the wings)

Music:
    sweet emotion
    eat the rich
    and some others..

#673 4 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

Okay, but do they have props or anything? ACDC features a lot of their live stuff. Rosie, the train, the bell, etc.

Just trying to figure out what would make an Aerosmith pin not feel soulless like Rolling Stones.

The logo has wings, I'm sure something can be done with that

AerosmithLogo_(resized).jpg

#674 4 years ago

actually just going through the songs list:
    walk this way (original or run dmc mashup) - bring back the BSD magnet ball crawl
    rag doll - bash toy
    Love in an elevator - bring back the xfiles file cabinet

Not everything on AC/DC was a playfield feature (just the canon, bell, and train, and TNT). The rest was dmd animation (airplane bombing, rosie)

#675 4 years ago

Def Leppard would sell.

#676 4 years ago

I like Aerosmith, and there are some great songs that could be used as modes, but I'm in agreement that there are better music choices for a pin. Hope I'm wrong, though.....

As for Beatles, John Trudeau said on an old TOPcast interview that he wanted to do a Beatles pin when he was at WMS. He wanted to base it off the Hard Day's Night album. He was going to use black and white artwork, and use some kind of reversed mirror under the playfield. Just imagine....Hopefully he can use it again in the future!

#677 4 years ago
    Quoted from Aurich:

I haven't listened to Iron Maiden since I was 12. I had a copy of Killers on cassette.

Still more recent than when I listened to Aerosmith on 8-track.

#678 4 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Still more recent than when I listened to Aerosmith on 8-track.

I can remember recording my own Aerosmith compilation on 8-Track! It sucked though because the songs never wanted to "fit" perfectly on 1 of the 4 tracks...so about half the time, in the middle of a song there would be a couple seconds of silence followed by the "clunk" of the 8-Track switching tracks.

#679 4 years ago
    Quoted from ZippyThePinhead:

I can remember recording my own Aerosmith compilation on 8-Track!

You had an 8-track recorder? Wow!

#680 4 years ago

Lenny Kravitz opened up for Aerosmith a few years ago.

But doesn't Lenny Kravitz just lipsync live?

You could tell at the Superbowl that he was not playing his guitar.

#681 4 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

Couldn't have been as obvious as the time ZZ Top did halftime.

#682 4 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Couldn't have been as obvious as the time ZZ Top did halftime.

That was a classic, too.

#683 4 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

Acts are not allowed to play their instruments during superbowl.

#684 4 years ago
    Quoted from TheLaw:

Acts are not allowed to play their instruments during superbowl.

Are they worried about an instrument malfunction?

#685 4 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Are they worried about an instrument malfunction?

Yes. This was explained by Flea

http://redhotchilipeppers.com/news/454-a-message-from-flea

#686 4 years ago

So it is aerosmith not hendrix? bummer

#687 4 years ago
    Quoted from msteinmetz13:

So it is aerosmith not hendrix? bummer

Be patient. Rock pins are working their way backwards. Between Aerosmith and Hendrix there are still quite a few to get done.

http://ultimateclassicrock.com/top-albums-of-1971/

#688 4 years ago
    Quoted from vid1900:

But doesn't Lenny Kravitz just lipsync live?

Everyone lip sings at the Super Bowl, came out years ago. Bands are unable to set up in time for live sound or something like that was the reason, I believe Jimmy Buffet mentioned this as well and why he will not play it. Actually as some of my favorite Rick bands get older I am starting to think there is more of this going on which is a shame. Or some or using backing vocals, it sucks when you pay to see them and figure this out after the fact.

#689 4 years ago

I'm going to throw this out there for everyone to chew on.

I've been told by inside people it's Aerosmith and Hendrix. However one or both could be ploys to see what leaked/leaks.

At expo I personally talked with someone in the business that the next band pin has 4 band members. Neither of the 2 listed have 4 band members. (so Zeppelin and Sabbath come to mind as the most logical)

I still hold hope for FINALLY Zeppelin (which Jody publicly made a comment that he would love to see Zeppelin done in an interview video), which makes the most sense to me. Borg has been trying to finish this theme since IJ4.
    With Lyman on code my god it would be the biggest license in a music pin since AC/DC. And since Borg is up after Trudeau I hope it works out.

Beatles is not happening. Period. Gary pays $6 and $8 per game on a license. Beatles would be $200-300 per game. It just is not happening no matter how you spin it.

As someone posted a year ago of Nikki Sixx stated on his Sixx AM radio show they had a potential pin coming and as someone else has stated next music pin starts with "M", Motley Crüe is the most logical as they finish their galactic final tour and are in the most resurgence period of their career. And all original band members.

Enjoy the tidbits and bring on the theories. This will be the most I post on this subject, I'll sit back and check in later. Merry Christmas.

?????
    Certainly much material to work with and more suited for pinball than Aerosmith

image_(resized).jpeg

#690 4 years ago
    Quoted from mnpinball:

At expo I personally talked with someone in the business that the next band pin has 4 band members.

Dethklok has four members. Going back and reading some of these threads, one guy that seems to be right about certain things said the next band being done started with an "M". So I'll just leave that here for more speculation.

#691 4 years ago

MEGADETH - 4 band members
    I knew it was gonna something great, right next to MET!

#692 4 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Dethklok has four members. Going back and reading some of these threads, one guy that seems to be right about certain things said the next band being done started with an "M". So I'll just leave that here for more speculation.

Crap, the four member deal leaves out Maynard Ferguson.

#693 4 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

Hey Hey We're The Monkees! Horrible as that sounds, I'd take it over Aerosmith!

#694 4 years ago

I personally hope Aerosmith is a red herring, but it feels like a Stern move to me.

#695 4 years ago

If they do Aerosmith and skip the 80s and stick with the 70s music that made them great it might be semi-palatable. But I still wouldn't be buying it.

#696 4 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

If they do Aerosmith and skip the 80s and stick with the 70s music that made them great it might be semi-palatable. But I still wouldn't be buying it.

If you're lucky they'll at least frontload it with earlier material like Metallica did.

#697 4 years ago

Next pin will be Def Leppard:

image_(resized).jpeg

#698 4 years ago
    Quoted from yuriijos:

MEGADETH - 4 band members
    I knew it was gonna something great, right next to MET!

As great as they are, not commercial enough. But yeah I'd take a Hanger 18 LE

#699 4 years ago
    Quoted from OldSchoolBlood:

I keep hoping for "Queen" with Freddie Mercury.

Heighway is going after that as their 3rd title.

#700 4 years ago

First game to come with an external sub.

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
    $ 45.99
    $ 78.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Lermods
    $ 239.99
    Lighting - Led
    PinballBulbs
    $ 149.00
    $ 1,099.00
    $ 19.99
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    Various Other Swag
    Third Coast Pinball
    $ 11.00
    € 40.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    YOYOKOPTER MODS
    $ 11.95
    $ 18.95
    $ 999.00
    Flipper Parts
    Mircoplayfields
    $ 33.50
    $ 125.00
    Cabinet - Toppers
    Sparky Pinball
    $ 4.00
    Playfield - Decals
    UpKick Pinball
    $ 7,299.00
    $ 12.95
    Eproms
    Matt's Basement Arcade
    $ 17.99
    Playfield - Decals
    Lermods
    $ 7,599.00
    Pinball Machine
    Operation Pinball
    $ 14.95
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    ULEKstore
    $ 149.00
    Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
    Sparky Pinball
    $ 15.75
    Cabinet Parts
    Tilted Pinball
    There are 877 posts in this topic. You are on page 14 of 18.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside