Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 47 posts
  • 33 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 6 years ago by PinMonk
  • Topic is favorited by 2 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic poll

“Biggest earner”

• Dialed In LE 25 votes
      13%
    • Guards of the Galaxy LE 31 votes
      16%
    • Starwars LE 81 votes
      43%
    • Attack from Mars LE 32 votes
      17%
    • AC/DC LE 7 votes
      4%
    • Aerosmith pro 3 votes
      2%
    • Spiderman Vault 5 votes
      3%
    • Iron Man Vault 3 votes
      2%
    • Batman66 LE 2 votes
      1%

(189 votes)

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

52C82328-A032-47C4-9BA5-B4C2F0374E83 (resized).jpeg
    #1 6 years ago

What Pinball do you Think will be my biggest earner, I am located in a amusement park. 2.800.000 guests in the park early.
    Just for info WWE LE was my top dog the year it came out.

#2 6 years ago

You have so many good titles that it’s hard to say really. There’s a lot of big hitters in there for sure.

#3 6 years ago

Go with something that won’t break... IM!

#4 6 years ago

Might be a toss up between SW and GOTG since both are active and current franchises. AFM might be after those just because of how eye-catching the LE is. Then maybe DI, AS, and BAT66. And maybe ACDC and IM trailing last.

That's my wild guess, anyway.

#5 6 years ago

I voted for GOTG, while it's still early, it's a franchise that's current and that everyone knows. That's got to be worth a few coins, right?

#6 6 years ago

if you have a wide aged range true family demographics, star wars and guardians will earn the most.

#7 6 years ago

I hear it's Skee Ball all day every day.

#8 6 years ago

I have a friend who operates lots of pins, and he told me Star Wars is making a killing on earnings

#9 6 years ago

SW first, GOTG second, AFM third is my bet!

#10 6 years ago

I voted for GOTG but it appears most are leaning towards SW.

#11 6 years ago

In this scenario you need a game that wont break down (lots of play going to happen), one with a recognizable theme (assuming you need to draw people in from other fun stuff in the park?), and one with short ball times (both to bring in more money and because people have other things to do).

My guess is SW (not sure how reliable the LE is but the pro has so little on it that ball times are quick and nothing to break).

After that would be IM and maybe GOTG. Both short ball times for casuals (GOTG can be excessively long for players).

Long term DIle will win out for sure. People love the game, lots to explore and it is steadily played. If your patronage has a bit more time to play then this will be the one the explore more and play more.

#12 6 years ago
    Quoted from SMI3:

What Pinball do you Think will be my biggest earner, I am located in a amusement park. 2.800.000 guests in the park early.

There seems to be a bit of confusion in your question. Some people are answering it as if you own all these on route already and you are having us guess which will earn the most (Star Wars). Others are answering like you are asking which of these you should put on a new route (Iron Man). So can you clear up which question you are asking?

#13 6 years ago

Star Wars all the way. Do you have any classic pins on location?

#14 6 years ago

No confusion, I will open the season with these pins.
    Potc LE is coming as soon JJP Can deliver.
    And the next title from Stern.
    You Can see the Line up at the arcades facebook.
    https://m.facebook.com/BakkenMrMuscle/?locale2=da_DK

My own thoughts was SW, DI and AC/DC would batle it out.

But thanks for the inputs

#15 6 years ago

Holy shit what a lineup to have on location and 2 AC/DC BIB LEs wow.

I think I need to tell the kids Disneyland Paris is off the cards and Pinland Denmark is now on

Great lineup but I think SW will take it just on theme alone.

#16 6 years ago

I saw most of these on free play Friday with a crowd of people, and it took much of the night before I found AFMr unattended.

#17 6 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

Long term DIle will win out for sure. People love the game, lots to explore and it is steadily played. If your patronage has a bit more time to play then this will be the one the explore more and play more.

#18 6 years ago

i have to believe dialed in will grab most folks just based on the brightness and overall scream of look at me from the outside of the cab to the back box and to the playfield. thats an eye opener.
    thanks
    blake

#19 6 years ago

Some people are so aaccustomed to licensed themes that they don't understand DI. I love the theme. It's like all Lawlor pin themes rolled into one, Earthshaker, Whirlwind, plus the story of a rogue cellphone causing the disasters is like a modern-day Twilight Zone episode. Very imaginative stuff compared to the usual movie/rock band deal.

#20 6 years ago

SW hands down. GOTG is a fresh theme but it's just generic disney and isn't iconic like SW.

#21 6 years ago

SW because of theme, quick game times, and definitely has that "one more game" feeling. Keep us posted after a couple months.

#22 6 years ago

Biggest earner, probably SW LE. The questions is will you make more on SW LE to cover the initial cost of the LE over one of your pro/vault options? After looking at them I guess I would still go with biggest earner and profit to SW LE (although I didn't care for the game).

#24 6 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

SW premium is earning 2x DI at my location. Star Wars earnings have been consistent from day one. Dialed In had a huge honeymoon period the first month (it was one of the first in my state). If you take away the honeymoon, SW is earning almost 4x DI.

#25 6 years ago

Yeah, I feel like everyone likes Star Wars and if someone who didn't know anything about pinball saw it I feel like it would draw them in because they like the franchise.

#26 6 years ago

You did ask for best earner, not best game. Star Wars is the best theme for casual fans, it will be your best earner. Is the best game on the list, no.

#27 6 years ago
    Quoted from ryanwanger:

SW premium is earning 2x DI at my location. Star Wars earnings have been consistent from day one. Dialed In had a huge honeymoon period the first month (it was one of the first in my state). If you take away the honeymoon, SW is earning almost 4x DI.

WOW!!! Amazing how different things can be depending on locations.

May be time to try moving DI to a different spot for you. Is pressplay mainly players for your coin drop?

#28 6 years ago
    Quoted from Whysnow:

Is pressplay mainly players for your coin drop?

That's what I've always believed.

It is pretty rare that I see someone playing Dialed In that I'm not on a first name basis with.

#29 6 years ago
    Quoted from SMI3:

You need to update the Wikipedia page for that amusement park. It mentions the gaming hall equipment (slot machines??) but no mention of pinball.

#30 6 years ago
    Quoted from ryanwanger:

Yep. Dialed In faded to the middle of the pack here too pretty quickly. Still gets good play, just nowhere near WoZ holding power.

#31 6 years ago

Played DI IN LE at iappa Orlando 2016, did not like it. Got my own two month ago, just love it.
    But as many of you say, Theme is very important.
    My AC/DC is going and going, and mayby SW is to difficult for the casual Walk in customer.

#32 6 years ago

Good to hear wrestlemania le did well, I would think Ironman would make the money based on history, all fantastic titles.

#33 6 years ago

*googles "Klampenborg vacations"*

#34 6 years ago
    Quoted from SMI3:

Played DI IN LE at iappa Orlando 2016, did not like it. Got my own two month ago, just love it.
    But as many of you say, Theme is very important.
    My AC/DC is going and going, and mayby SW is to difficult for the casual Walk in customer.

Biggest earner is usually TAF - would be interesting to put that in the line up to see how it compares.

#35 6 years ago

TAF and WH2O has been there from NIB, WH2O is sold. TAF is going up the street(60meters) to join a SW Pro.
    TAF has done me well.

#36 6 years ago

At level 257 on several occasions, whenever kids would step over to the pins (rarely). Mostly Star Wars, BM 66 or Woz were getting repeated card swipes. The others were used less frequently. I’m going to say it’s all about your theme recognition.

#37 6 years ago

There is no long term this is not a Barcade it is a amusement park you go for a very high priced day and the games are on the bottom of the to do list

#38 6 years ago
    Quoted from ryanwanger:

That's what I've always believed.
    It is pretty rare that I see someone playing Dialed In that I'm not on a first name basis with.

try it at your new place. My observation is that it gets more coin drop from casuals (much like Hobbit) than players. For some reason the players hit it hard when it first came out but have shifted to other games while the casuals still are drawn in by DI.

#39 6 years ago
    Quoted from Shapeshifter:

Biggest earner is usually TAF - would be interesting to put that in the line up to see how it compares.

We added a nice TAF to the route I help with and it now regularly beats the XMEN LE that was formerly top at the location.

#40 6 years ago
    Quoted from PinMonk:

Yep. Dialed In faded to the middle of the pack here too pretty quickly. Still gets good play, just nowhere near WoZ holding power.

Same experience with DI here, very strong start but has faded quickly into an unremarkable performer. I see casual players walk right past it as if it isn't there. SW Pro beats DI regularly each week and is beginning to gain more traction with players after 1.0 code update.

#41 6 years ago

Star Wars will most likely earn the best. If I was operating new pins seriously, I would have a Star Wars. Now what people might enjoy the most...that is an entirely different question.

#42 6 years ago

This forum seems mostly home owners and some operators. I'm strictly a location player. Always will be as long as people are routing their pins near me. I could have a room with five games and still seek out a different flavor. I don't have any, so this is my way to play. If I'm in your area, I might hunt down a spot with pinball and yours might happen to be there. That said, being located where I have to pay for an entrance fee somewhere like an amusement park (unless it's a flat amount for pins on freeplay) I am probably less likely to find it.

I will play and keep playing (and paying) most any pin that works and is set up right. If it is, the theme could be My Little Pony for all I care for as rare as pinball in the wild is these days. Also, any pin with a lame theme that plays right still beats a pin with a great theme with a flipper that can't make the long shots, or has cheap drains like the GB pro in the public pin location nearest me with its librarian scoop on the left side firing the ball SDTM with force. That sucks at $1/play. Make extra balls just enough so that a player like me, someone pretty good but no champion or wizard, get a little deeper into a game and fall just short of getting the big one, and I'll coin up again. I won't be putting your kids through college or anything, but I'll help smooth out the dimples in your PF. Keep those wood fibers compressed for sure.

My five-hour freeplay on Friday night will include more games on Dialed In. It's more interesting to me than any of the licensed themes, especially the rock band themes that are pretty played out and shallow, plus JJP's machine seems quite solid like an old Bally. I won't be shaking that thing around too easily. Watching tutorials on it now. Not settling for participation trophies this time.

1 month later
    #43 6 years ago
    Quoted from SMI3:

So it's been a month since you posted this. What is the frontrunner?

#44 6 years ago

Probably Stern SW but GotG and DI shouldn't be dogs either.

#45 6 years ago

A crane

1 month later
    #46 6 years ago

After ten days open, Dialed in is en the lead.
    But lets see now that Iron Maiden LE gets here.

52C82328-A032-47C4-9BA5-B4C2F0374E83 (resized).jpeg52C82328-A032-47C4-9BA5-B4C2F0374E83 (resized).jpeg

#47 6 years ago
    Quoted from SMI3:

After ten days open, Dialed in is en the lead.
    But lets see now that Iron Maiden LE gets here.

So if Dialed In is the top earner, what are your top 3 earners?

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-will-be-my-biggest-earner?hl=jar155 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.