shot0030 (resized).png
7c12510a8e5f1a58d025bdd0dc5117bc (resized).jpg
Dip+a+flower (resized).jpg
Cap n Crunch sub toy (resized).jpg
diving sub (resized).jpg
Rice Krispies sub toy (resized).jpg
f890af8a42f259126904798df6acb92a (resized).jpg
MD Transformers (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zartan.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#6849 2 years ago

I grew up with uncles that are 10 years older than I am. My grandparents kept Everything they had. They watched me all the time so I played with things from the 60’s and 70’s plus the toys I had from the 80’s. Wish I still had them (both grandparents and toys).
Just to keep with the theme going now, The first movie I went to see on my own was Star Wars Empire Strikes Back.

2 weeks later
#6899 2 years ago
Quoted from pinwiztom:

Does an American Roll Game work in Canada?
Yeah, I know that Canadians are technically americans too,

Most things here are American! I grew up in Windsor on American TV. When I stayed with my family in Newmarket I thought the TV was weird!

1 month later
#7237 2 years ago

I’ve never seen that before! Pretty cool!

Quoted from girloveswaffles:

Anyone remember the old Coca Cola diamond cans?
[quoted image]

#7290 2 years ago
Quoted from JethroP:

[quoted image]

Kool-Aid or Freshee! The sport drinks of the 80’s!

#7339 2 years ago

That’s awesome!

Quoted from dirkdiggler:Where it all started
[quoted image]

2 months later
#7700 1 year ago

Never played. No idea how to. Been to a few parties with people playing. It looks interesting though.

Quoted from dirkdiggler:I love Cribbage. Been playing as long as I can remember. Grandparents, parents, father in law. The wife and I like to sit on the deck in the summer listening to music and playing crib all afternoon. Found a couple unique boards this weekend.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

2 weeks later
#7818 1 year ago

I like fried garlic bologna!

Quoted from zombywoof:I really liked the Oscar Mayer Hard Salami. That was my go to for bag lunch sandwiches. If I was eating at home, fried bologna was hard to beat.

#7840 1 year ago

Are you saying we need a GI. Joe pinball machine?! If so I completely agree! Lol

Quoted from girloveswaffles:Action Man was a licensed copy of G.I. Joe and was sold in the U.K.

#7842 1 year ago

Zartan was a mercenary for hire! He worked for the highest bidder! But kung fu grips are definitely a must have!

Quoted from Grayman_EM:

But Zartan hated G.I. Joe! NO! It must be COBRA pinball!!! But Cobra Commander will allow the pin to have Kung Fu grips.

1 week later
#7858 1 year ago

My family drove to Disney World a few times when I was a kid. When we would pass through Ohio, we always stopped at a fireworks store! I would buy as many as I could possibly carry! We lit a field next to a railroad track on fire when we got home with the fireworks!

Edit. Not on purpose!

1 week later
#7892 1 year ago

I was born in 75!

#7937 1 year ago

Still one of the meanest cars made! Very nice!

Quoted from pinzrfun:

MY 77 Trans Am had it behind the license plate - flip it down and fill 'er up.
[quoted image]

#7939 1 year ago

My Daughter skates now. I regret not keeping all my boards and gear.

#7947 1 year ago

I spent most of my time with my grandparents growing up. My grandma never threw anything out EVER! So I spent my time playing with all the toys from the late 60’s to my stuff in the 80’s. So seeing all these toys brings back some great memories! My favorite was a slot car track that my uncle made on a couple of sheets of plywood. He rarely let me touch it only when his friends came over with theirs to race.

They were a lot like these!

BC738063-0DC6-4A73-9269-1E0FE5C7F414 (resized).pngBC738063-0DC6-4A73-9269-1E0FE5C7F414 (resized).png
1 month later
#8053 1 year ago

We used to manage the condominium that is on Boblo Island. Every once in a while I took my kids for a walk back there a few of the rides are still there rotting away. We wanted to go in the theatre but it’s locked up pretty tight. The main dance hall is pretty cool to see as well!

Quoted from Azmodeus:

I was thinking about closed amusement parks. Specifically edge water park in Detroit and Boblo island.
I found this Michigan website, as a result. https://www.waterwinterwonderland.com/
That ride in back was very fun as I recall.[quoted image]

1 month later
#8243 1 year ago

I had more adults 20-40 year olds come to my front door than kids last year! After about the 7th adult came up I shut my lights off I might only give to the neighbours kids this year and not even turn the lights on.

Quoted from LTG:It really messed up Halloween too. I used to give out 500 or so candy bars at my business. That year none.
Around here it's never been the same since. I don't even bother with decorations or give out candy any more.
And I used to love that holiday. Decorations all over. Three big pumpkins, three little ones. I scored the inside top of one and sprinkled cinnamon and nutmeg on it so as the candle burned it smelled like pumpkin pie in here. Witch hanging from a string flying around.
The good old days.
LTG : )

2 months later
#8509 1 year ago

I have 2 sets of Jarts from the 70’s! I need to find a way to fix the flights though.

4 weeks later
#8663 1 year ago

This just feels like a bad dream.

4 months later
#9132 9 months ago

Haha! Serge!

Quoted from Jackontherocks:

Looks like the gun in that Beverly Hills Cop movie

4 weeks later
#9201 8 months ago

Actually quite a genius idea!

Quoted from LTG:There was one on a corner about a mile and a half away from my business. When it was vacant and for sale, I thought it might make a neat coffee/newspaper stand. Busy very early and closed and home after evening rush hour.
LTG : )

#9210 8 months ago

2 months later
#9404 6 months ago

I miss playing “Dukes of Hazzard” that thing was the BEST “General lee”!

Quoted from Strummy:Bigwheel
[quoted image]

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider zartan.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-were-your-favorite-childhood-toys?tu=zartan and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.