BagofGlass (resized).jpg
434599499_10228561822663909_2493513439072746909_n (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2024-03-30 at 7.43.04 PM (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
Big Chief pad (resized).png
stfu.gif
speedy-gonzales-movie-donald-trump (resized).jpg
IMG_4109 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider xsvtoys.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#35 8 years ago

lincoln_logs_(resized).jpglincoln_logs_(resized).jpg

pick-up-sticks_(resized).jpgpick-up-sticks_(resized).jpg

girder+panel_(resized).jpggirder+panel_(resized).jpg

SwitchNGoBox_(resized).jpgSwitchNGoBox_(resized).jpg

slot_cars_1965_(resized).jpgslot_cars_1965_(resized).jpg

#44 8 years ago

Forgot about this, as a younger kid, this was probably #1

marbles_(resized).jpgmarbles_(resized).jpg

#116 8 years ago
Quoted from vid1900:

Jarts were sold from the 1950's through the 1980's
A pretty successful run for any toy.

29772925_maomj-M_(resized).jpg

David Snow took care of those, due to a tragic circumstance unfortunately.

#245 8 years ago
Quoted from Arcade:

Of course.
How else would we play Cowboys and Indians in the 70's.

Well, in the 60s, yes. Every kid had them, and we spent hours upon hours playing with them, shooting at each other. Seems somehow inappropriate nowadays. We had cap guns, we had toy guns, we had rubber band shooting guns, and of course we had BB guns. Can anyone remember that toy machine gun where you would pull back on a lever and then you could shoot off a load at full auto (sound only)?

And yes those cap bombs too, those things were cool. I'm gonna guess that the paper caps you buy today are crap compared to what we had in the day.

#328 8 years ago
Quoted from spfxted:

My three favorite toys!
Great Garloo
Robot Commando
King Zor
...I get together with my brother every 15 years or so to celebrate that magic Christmas when i got my Great Garloo!
(I like Ray Guys too!)

king_zor_(resized).jpgrobot_Commando_(resized).jpgTed_&_Don_&_Garloo_3_Combo_(resized).jpgted_ray_guns_(resized).jpg

Dang that's right, definitely had the Robot Commando. Used to set up armies of the green army men and then launch the rocket from his head into them.

Man those were the days.

ClintGet-off-my-lawn_toys_(resized).jpgClintGet-off-my-lawn_toys_(resized).jpg

#512 8 years ago

Another game of skill...been around forever

labyrinth_(resized).jpglabyrinth_(resized).jpg

1 week later
#685 8 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

This is not a childhood toy, but after see some of you post pics of your made trains it got me to thinking about the model airplane airport in Germany and I think all you toy lovers would be jazzed by this link and the video in it. There are several videos on youtube about this place if you want to see how they did it.
http://singularityhub.com/2011/05/11/worlds-largest-model-airport-completed-in-hamburg-germany-150-square-meters-costing-4-8-million/
Now, so I can say this post was about toys, I spent a lot of dimes and quarters on these balsa wood gliders. They didn't last long. They were cheap. And I bought a lot of them.
c5c27f8ba9864357b87cae6f8c4e33ba_(resized).jpg

I went and visited Miniature Wunderland and saw it. It just defies description and the imagination. Here is a photo I took of the other side of the airport.

MW_airport_taxis_(resized).jpgMW_airport_taxis_(resized).jpg

This is the control center where they monitor all of the trains.

MW_controlcenter_(resized).jpgMW_controlcenter_(resized).jpg

4 weeks later
#780 7 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Tons of Matchboxes....

But do you still have them? Mine are all gone along with all the other stuff in this thread, and don't even think about the comics I had. I don't know how many times I have said this to my poor Mom over the years.

toys_(resized).jpgtoys_(resized).jpg

5 months later
#848 7 years ago

You had a stick? You were lucky. We used to DREAM of having a stick to play with.

1 month later
#876 7 years ago

Omg that skittle bowl, I totally forgot about that. We spent endless hours playing with that thing.

1 month later
#1012 7 years ago
Quoted from Chum43:

Loved anything glow in the dark !!!

Plasti-Goop Glow (resized).jpgPlasti-Goop Glow (resized).jpg

#1062 7 years ago
Quoted from Newport-Bill:

All those water based toys got me remembering my Kenner Power Sub. Played for hours on end with it in my uncle's pool and remembering him always bitching how I was going to throw the pH off.

Good one!

Another one I totally forgot about, but as soon as I saw it, it was like "oh yeah". Same thing, we played with it for hours in the pool.

7 months later
#1242 6 years ago
Quoted from MustangPaul:

Who needed store bought toys.....we had big cardboard boxs.

You had a cardboard box? You were lucky!

865C6546-54B9-405C-8703-C5F0B5F82D0E-306-000000310DC9122A (resized).jpeg865C6546-54B9-405C-8703-C5F0B5F82D0E-306-000000310DC9122A (resized).jpeg

4 months later
#1318 6 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

So how many people, as kids, shot a arrow up in the air and then rand for it. Stupid yes, but it was fun. Also when I was a kid we never thought about seat belts. I rode on the arm rest that folded down in the front seat and when I was too big for that I would often ride up in the back deck lid. Every time the driver slammed on the breaks I would fly down and hit the back of the front seat. Good times.

Snowballs made with a rock in the middle and then put into the freezer....

4 months later
1 year later
#1572 4 years ago

Of course all my toys from the 60s are gone. All the cool stuff in this thread. I don't even want to think about some of the comic books we had. But to redeem myself, we have saved everything from our millennial offspring. Stored away in the attic is an entire childhood's worth of toys from the 90s, most of it coming from spoiling grandparents. I haven't seen it all in so long I barely know what is up there, but for sure all sorts of Power Rangers, Megadroids or whatever they were called, a huge Thomas the Train collection, tons of Bionicles, hundreds of Hot Wheels cars, and just massive amounts of Lego, including an entire Harry Potter train set, tons of Star Wards stuff, pirates, and who knows how much more. I won't sell it out from under the poor kid, like MY MOM DID TO ME!

1 week later
2 weeks later
#1651 4 years ago

“ started buying some action figures” lol

I think you bought them all.

1 week later
#1676 4 years ago

Old family photos have been rolling in for scanning projects. Here are some real-deal toys from the early 60s, not sure what some of them even are. I remember the sled that's for sure, spent half a lifetime on that thing. Not much resolution in these tiny old pics of course so you can't zoom in much to see what's what.

1960s Christmas tree presents (resized).jpg1960s Christmas tree presents (resized).jpg

1963 Christmas presents (resized).jpg1963 Christmas presents (resized).jpg

#1681 4 years ago
Quoted from jhanley:

Because it was made of Lead.

Dang, you're right. I learned something new today. No wonder my brain is so messed up!

#1684 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

You weren't supposed to eat the shit It was to hang ON the tree.

Oh. Dammit now you tell me. Well, at least breaking open glass thermometers and playing around with the mercury was OK to do

#1686 4 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

This I love.
Please post whatever else you may have.

There's probably a lot more, but I have a stack to get to for the scanning project and its taking some time.

Here's another one, its me with this one, but I can't remember this toy at all. Pretty darn cool-looking though. This should be 1964 or 1965,

Christmas remote control guns (resized).jpgChristmas remote control guns (resized).jpg

#1693 4 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

Thanks. Your pictures really look like the kind of Christmas i would have killed for when I was a kid. Those toys are awesome.

When I look back and think back of being a kid, I am amazed actually. I was the oldest, but eventually there were 4 of us, and my parents had next to nothing I can assure you. My dad was an airman in the USAF and the pay was probably about $20 a week back then or something. I don't know how they did it, but we always seemed OK and we always had a great Christmas as far as I remember.

Here is one from 1958 (3 yrs old for me). Another gun (plenty of guns back then LOL), cool-looking rocket, Roy Rogers outfit, cool truck. Some sort of blocks. I can't make out what the flat thing on the left is.

1958 Christmas (resized).jpg1958 Christmas (resized).jpg
#1750 4 years ago

There is a nicely made website called wishbookweb that is compiling scans of the old Sears wish book catalogs. The scan quality is very good. It’s interesting to look through the old stuff and the pages are packed with pictures of the old toys.

http://www.wishbookweb.com/the-catalogs/

3 weeks later
#1765 4 years ago

I love me a nice cool swimming pool on a hot summer day, nothing like it, it’s the best.

When it’s at someone else’s house.

1 month later
#1781 4 years ago
Quoted from sohchx:

A few posts back I mentioned my love for Galoob Micro Machines and collecting them. Last year a company called Wicked Cool Toyz announced that they would be bringing the line back for 2020. Right from the beginning I knew that their attempt would be a failure and I was right. Less detail than the originals, larger size, larger wheels, no licensed makes or models, and a ridiculous price tag on every piece. I'll continue to stick with collecting the originals.

Sometimes I get depressed, seems like pretty much everything made these days sucks.

1 month later
#1786 4 years ago

Been working on the scanning project again. Here is another photo from Christmas 1964. I remember this robot so well, I had a blast playing with it. I found it on the internet here:

http://www.theoldrobots.com/Commando.html

There is an ad on that website showing the price to be $23. I asked my Mom how on earth they could afford that then (that's almost $200 in today money), turns out my aunt worked at a department store so they got it for an employee discount.
1964 xmas Robot Commando (resized).jpg1964 xmas Robot Commando (resized).jpg

We lived in Maine then so that snow saucer saw plenty of use.

4 months later
#2051 3 years ago
Quoted from Azmodeus:

I have a great time on this website here if you haven't seen it. Plaids stallions.com
Toys, right from my exact eras. Includes department store flyers.
http://www.plaidstallions.com

That’s a great website. I need one for the 60s though. None of those toys registers with me at all. In the 70s I migrated from all that stuff and became obsessed with an entirely new field of fun things to play with. The living, breathing, curvy kind...

#2053 3 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Swing Wing 1965. Today, we medicate these kids.
[quoted image]

newstead (resized).jpgnewstead (resized).jpg

4 weeks later
#2115 3 years ago

Wow that Frogger watch is cool! I have never seen anything like it.

Check this out, asking $200 for one that doesn't even work!

ebay.com link: RARE VINTAGE FROGGER GAME WATCH NELSONIC VIDEO ARCADE SEGA

1 month later
#2414 3 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:

Not quite a toy but more of a memory here. My one story elementary school had a flat roof and many many types of balls would get stuck up there. That is where the term “roofed” came from on the playground. Roofing the ball was a quick way to end a fun game. Every now and then the Janitor would go up on the roof and throw down a ton of baseballs, kick balls, rubber balls and whatever else down to us kids during recess. Tons of stuff made its way up there and came down for free to whom ever was able to grab it first.
[quoted image]

Somewhere along the way of 3rd and 4th grade, the teacher had this big glass jar on her desk, which started the school year empty. The rule was, no marbles were ever allowed to appear during class. Ok, you could have them in your pockets for recess access, but they had to stay there out of sight. If a marble showed up in any way, including dropping on the floor by accident or even in your hand for an instant, you had to give it up and into the jar it went.

Being the idiots we were, by the end of the school year that big jar was packed full. It was pretty much everyone at one point or another, you just couldn’t resist getting a marble out, and off it would go. Whoever f-ed up on any given day and lost a marble this way would get made fun of on the playground. Then, sure enough, the very ones who were making fun would botch it the next day, much to the mirth of everyone. I’ll never forget, even to this day, when one kid showed up with a big puree header (I think some geographies called the big ones boulders, but we called them headers). It was a big beautiful clear work of art that was rarely seen, and everyone was envious as he showed it off on the playground. And, we all reminded him, multiple times, to not let it out in class. Well, sure enough, right in the middle of class, there was a big clunk and the sound of a large object rolling across the floor. We all gasped, thinking, no, he didn’t. Well, he did. What a laugh we got out of that. I think the poor kid was pretty sad, so maybe we even felt guilty for making fun of him. But probably not.

On the very last day of class, the teacher took that jar up to a second story window, and with all of us gathered on the grass below, dumped that entire jar of marbles down onto us, where we had a mad scramble to grab what you could. What a memory. I can’t imagine any kids today having that much fun. What are they gonna do, play with an app?

#2429 3 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Those were so much better!
Before that, These Balsa Wood Flyers were lucky to make it to the end of the day![quoted image]

Yeah, but they were cheap, and man, we got so much mileage out of those things. Played with them for hours. Flight contests were always going on. You had to wind that rubber band into a triple-full wind at least, until it just became a gobbed-up blob, then let 'er fly.

#2489 3 years ago
Quoted from Elvishasleft:

Jarts were made illegal as part of the pussification of americas kids years ago.
Some kid took one in the head and that was that.
My brother and I used to play dodge the jart and throw them at each other... ah the good old days.

There's a pretty sad backstory behind that. Hard not feel bad for the dad of that little girl that was killed.

1 week later
#2557 3 years ago
Quoted from Azmodeus:

When I was about 8 years old a neighbor who was now about 16 gave me a brown paper bag full of these models. He was too old now.
Years later I discovered this book. My point. I like books.
And also I can easily put the book on my shelf. I get great joy just looking through this book and this post.
[quoted image]

Thanks, first time I saw this. Just ordered this from Amazon, looking forward to reading it!

1 week later
#2600 3 years ago
Quoted from onemoresean:

Not a toy, but I’ve always enjoyed some s’mores around a fire.
I found this stainless washing machine barrel and chair in a clean up pile on the side of the road.
I made it shine with some mothers polish.
[quoted image][quoted image]

Cool, love the fire pit idea.

The view from the yard with the palm trees looks exactly the same as any generic yard down here in SoCal. Maybe we aren’t so different after all

#2603 3 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

I still have my Aurora HO slot cars (and a big box full of track sections). Haven't played with them in decades.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

Oh man, wow. That is just absolutely awesome. I took a quick look at ebay, I think just the cars alone in those pics are worth well over $1.000.

#2606 3 years ago
Quoted from Azmodeus:

I have been collecting things on and off for my whole life.
I used Want to own the stuff And hoard it.
Mine!
But I have changed over time. I like to sell too I have found.
Sell when high. Of course
Make sure it is not something you can’t part with.
But I personally can part with a lot.

I know what you mean. Funny thing is, that whole boomer gen is now looking back and a lot of them want to get their hands on all that stuff they have fond childhood memories of. I just finished reading that Aurora Modeling book and they discuss this in there, and the recent resurgence of a lot of that stuff with Polar Lights and others.

1 week later
#2701 3 years ago

Some time ago I bought one of those DVD sets with all the Mad magazines, and I have been gradually going through them as I have time. I started with the first issue in 1952, and I'm just now hitting the 60s. I am thinking sometime around the mid 60s I should start recognizing some of the stuff from way back, as that is probably the time frame when I started reading them.

The early stuff is different than what it became in the later years, but as always there is lots of crazy stuff in there. From 1953:

pinball Mad Dec Jan 1953 Frank N Stein (resized).jpgpinball Mad Dec Jan 1953 Frank N Stein (resized).jpg

1 week later
#2811 3 years ago
Quoted from BagAJellyDonuts:

Was just sorting through the basement junk and I'll admit it, got into slot racing. Ran wing cars at local track. Grew up when the slot car craze hit in the 60s. These were just taken to the stupid level.

Yeah, I don't remember them going quite this fast when we played with them in the 60s. (go past 1 minute mark to see cars going).

#2831 3 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

We must be lost twins, Mooch....You keep posting all the same toys I had! That Cassette Player was
the exact one I had...68-9. I still have the audio tapes. Scooby Doo, Elvis, Dinner table conversations!!
The coins were a great give away! One would think with all the Cheap Imports, someone in the last few years would have created a free promotion to collect with prizes.
The coins kicked ass on the steak knives from shell!
[quoted image]
We filled our drawer when we followed all these Pedro Signs[quoted image]

Those were literally our steak knives for my entire childhood as far as I can remember. I see now, the price was right. We didn’t have a lot of money.

#2906 3 years ago

Having grown up in northern climes I could ice skate like a bitch. But I never could figure out how to roller skate. I think I tried it literally one time. I could not figure out how to turn, and ended up going in a straight line while desperately trying to turn and body slamming a random girl into the wall. She was not happy.

3 weeks later
#3260 3 years ago
Quoted from mooch:

Can you remember your very first non-kiddie Rock-n-Roll record that you chose on your own to buy at the store? Mine was a Beatles 45: “All You Need Is Love.” (1967)
[quoted image]

Yes, this one.

59802ADD-4941-4508-B724-AF67EC7C8A4A (resized).png59802ADD-4941-4508-B724-AF67EC7C8A4A (resized).png

1 week later
#3436 3 years ago

My Mom saved some of my drawings and stuff, speaking of warped mind, here is one I did in 1961, 6 years old. Still working on achieving the dream. (EDIT I checked my scans, I do have a lot of pics I drew in 1961 but this one is not dated, I think this was done a few years later based on the drawing style).

Drawing Man With Money (resized).jpgDrawing Man With Money (resized).jpg

1 month later
#4116 3 years ago
Quoted from zombywoof:

I haven't played any of those variants. Looks challenging. I did have a tri-dimensional chess set like Mr. Spock's:
[quoted image]

Of course I remember that 3D chess set well. But after looking at this posted pic, it really struck me how cheesy that thing looks. The chess pieces look like they came from $2 plastic chess set, and the rest of it looks so rickety it would fall apart in a few plays. The prop department spared no expense on that one!

#4172 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

I was a big Rowdy Roddy Piper fan. Man that guy could make me laugh. Funniest bad guy ever.

He was the best. Macho Man was pretty good too.

Time to do a rewatch of They Live.
0A402DEB-DF22-40D3-BFA2-2F3B32740553 (resized).jpeg0A402DEB-DF22-40D3-BFA2-2F3B32740553 (resized).jpeg

#4267 3 years ago
Quoted from Atari_Daze:

Warning, those are NOT gumballs![quoted image]

Gumballs, No. Jawbreakers, Yes.

#4268 3 years ago
Quoted from Rezdog:

Anybody remember a baseball trivia game you played over a pay phone?
If you answered 3 questions correctly I believe they would send you tickets you used towards official MLB prizes. I remember spending a summer with my friends winning a shit load of tickets. I believe it was a 1-900 number and some how we discovered a “glitch” that the questions would eventually repeat and we never had to pay a dime for any call to the service. It’s a vague memory so I could be talking out my ass : ) but I do remember winning 3 satin starter jackets, a few MLB helmets and other official baseball swag.
Wish I could remember more of how the process worked or should I say how we worked the process?
Can’t find any info on this on Google.
I know this was a thing cause I still have my too small but much loved Cardinal jacket in my closet.
[quoted image]
Please help 1 900 TOY-SIDE

You mean you didn't use this to hack the phone?

1920px-Cap’n_Crunch,_Spielzeugpfeife_(2600_Hz) (resized).jpg1920px-Cap’n_Crunch,_Spielzeugpfeife_(2600_Hz) (resized).jpg

#4272 3 years ago

Memory triggered: Remember the very first cable boxes, say in the very early 80s? You had to pay to unscramble the juicy stuff like Cinemax (famously known then as Skinemax). There would still be a picture on that channel, it would just be made all wavy and distorted so you couldn't watch it. But you could kinda make out some things sometimes. If you watched long enough, you could catch a glimpse of some naked women.

OK its lame, but we didn't have the internet then.

#4279 3 years ago
Quoted from Rezdog:

[quoted image]

Hahaha awesome picture, that's exactly what it looked like!!

2 weeks later
#4472 3 years ago
Quoted from Rezdog:

[quoted image]
[quoted image]

51E2DB9D-6E9E-4023-AB10-6427CEED9BB4 (resized).jpeg51E2DB9D-6E9E-4023-AB10-6427CEED9BB4 (resized).jpeg

1 month later
#5111 2 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Think if Blazing Saddles came out today,!
I think every view would be insulted! [quoted image]

In many ways, my belief is that Blazing Saddles is at the very, very top of a list of the best movies ever made, not just comedy movies, any movies. From beginning to end, it manages to be endlessly funny and at the same time create a major statement about American society. Its really almost unbelievable. The stories behind it are amazing.

And, for those that didn't know about the TV show, look up Black Bart. Another thing with a crazy back story.

4 months later
#6359 2 years ago
Quoted from Rezdog:

Anybody else waste maybe a little too much time labeling your cassette tapes?
[quoted image]

I didn’t get that fancy, I used one of those black/white label maker things to label them. But I spent way more time making cassettes from LPs so I could play them from the car than I care to admit to. I had dozens of them, maybe even a hundred or more, all stashed away in alphabetical order in those cheap carrying cases. If you told me then that one day I would have a microSD card the size of my fingernail with 10,000+ songs on it, I would have scoffed you big time.

CA2D67A8-4486-41C5-A212-6515719DBE56 (resized).jpegCA2D67A8-4486-41C5-A212-6515719DBE56 (resized).jpeg

3 weeks later
#6473 2 years ago

Was it National Lumber that used to mail out the Dogalog?

It had a dog mascot on the inside. That's why it couldn't be called a catalog. Cause he hated cats. So they called it their Dogalog.

#6527 2 years ago
Quoted from girloveswaffles:

Southern California had (or still has) its share:
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

That oh so short time period when we had all of those was great. They were all good but I liked KNAC best. And the Mighty 690, wow I forgot about that one, they were huge. As I recall it they always had cool call-in contests going. Were they the one that had a contest where they would play an extremely short, tiny, blip from a song, and people would call in and try to identify it?

#6532 2 years ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

I never had one of those jackets.
I must have been left out of the loop.

LOL good one. But, did you have one of these? I always remember, I had one, and one night I took it off in a strip bar then forgot about it and left it there. My wife was always like "hey what happened to your nice Member's Only jacket?" and I was like "I don't know, I think I left it somewhere by accident. But I can't remember where".

members-only (resized).jpgmembers-only (resized).jpg
1 week later
#6601 2 years ago
Quoted from smalltownguy2:

I couldn't resist, I just had to have one, if only to look through it again. There's a lot of cool stuff in here.
[quoted image]

This was posted way back in this thread, but there is this if you want more wishbook action.

http://www.wishbookweb.com/the-catalogs/

1 month later
#6774 2 years ago
Quoted from gonzo73:

Here's a highlight list of Movies I saw at La Mirada 6. My brother was 9 years older, and I got to tag along starting in 79, when he got his 1970 Mach 1.
Otherwise no way I would have seen so many cool movies from 1980-1985.
A Bridge to Far.
The Fog
Alien
Bear Island.
Star Trek the Motion Picture.x2
The Empire Strikes Back.
Blow Out.
The Big Red One.
Raiders lost Ark.x2
Escape From New York.
Thief.
The Mother Load. X2
The Thing.x2
Conan The Barbarian.
Tron.
Cat People.
Altered States.
Looker.
American Werewolf in London.
Das Boot x2
Blade Runner.x2
Wrath of Khan.
Outland.x2
Dragonslayer.
The Verdict.
A Passage To India.
Starman.
Gandhi.
Trading Places.
Gorky Park.
Body Double.
Blue Thunder.x3
Halloween 3.
The Mean Season
Return of the Jedi .x2
The Terminator.
Rocky 4
Against all Odds.
Star Trek, Voyage Home
Into The Night.
Godzilla 1985.
Miracle Mile.
To Live and Die in L.A.x2
Manhunter.
The Color of Money x3
The Last Emperor.
Empire of the Sun.
The Mission.
Top Gun.
A View to a Kill.
Big Trouble in Little China .x2
At Close Range .
The Untouchables.
Aliens.x2
52 Pickup x2
Platoon .
Ferris Bueller.
Enemy Mine.
Mad Max, Beyond Thunderdome. X2
Full metal Jacket.x2
Something Wild.
The Blob.
The Serpent and the Rainbow.
Prince of Darkness.
The Presideo.
Less than Zero.
Bill and Ted's. X8? our stupid high school movie, god knows how many times we all went.
We saw it at least 5 different locations.
Pet Cemetary was the last film I saw at the La Mirada Mall.
Even though the mall was obviously dying it was still a shock when they locked the doors for good.
[quoted image]

Very nice movie list, and another example of old favorite stuff I miss - actual good movies. The movie-making technology available today is 100 times better than what they had then, but the movies for the most part are 100 times worse. Even pre-covid, I probably went to the theater fewer times in 5 years than I would go in one summer of that era. Just nothing worthwhile to go see.

#6811 2 years ago
Quoted from DarthPaul:

I always had one with an egg.

Me too, it seems strange now to contemplate that, getting that cold drink with a raw egg in it. But it was sure good as I recall.

#6821 2 years ago

I worked as an usher at the Baseline Drive-In in San Bernardino a few summers, including 1975 for the premier of Jaws. Jaws was really something, there was never anything like it before and probably since. We filled up the theater twice a night something like 10 days in a row, apparently before that it had never been filled to capacity for 2 showings.

I don't know how it is now, but back then even if you were a lowly usher at a drive-in you were sort of part of the movie industry. Maybe we were even in a union, I'm not sure. But if I recall right I had an ID card and it allowed you to get into any theater and watch a movie for free.

large (resized).jpglarge (resized).jpg

#6827 2 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

I stood in line for 4 hours to see Jaws. People were wrapped all the way around the building. That is the only time I ever stood in line for a movie.

It was June, the show started when it got dark around 8. We thought the manager was nuts when he told us to show up at 4 on opening night. I got there a little before 4:00 and I could not believe my eyes that there was already a dual line up of cars. By the time we started letting them in they were completely around the block going both ways and blocking all traffic. It was complete insanity.

I watched Jaws around 70 times that summer.

#6838 2 years ago

Empire Strikes Back was the Cinedome in Orange for us. But a funny memory - I can say for sure that we got our tickets to go see it in advance, probably on opening day or maybe the next day. What I can't recall is how we did that exactly. There was no internet then! What was the process? Call in and order it, and get them in the mail? I can't remember. How did we do it with no internet? How did we survive???

cinedome (resized).jpgcinedome (resized).jpg

#6843 2 years ago
Quoted from pinwiztom:

What a hick!
And I say that with much Love.

Also like the Cragar mags on the Vette.

#6847 2 years ago
Quoted from Atari_Daze:

Two of many knives I used to own as a boy.
I was even able to get on airplanes with that buck knife.
Those were the days.

That dredged up another childhood memory, playing mumblypeg. Man if our moms knew what we were up to….

2 weeks later
#6865 2 years ago

I bought a system with Kenwood separates in 1976. I still have it, sitting in the garage cranking out music. I still have the Pioneer turntable as well. Some things, they don't make like they used to.

Kenwood KA-3500 KT-5300 3 (resized).jpgKenwood KA-3500 KT-5300 3 (resized).jpg
Kenwood KA-3500 KT-5300 receipt (resized).jpgKenwood KA-3500 KT-5300 receipt (resized).jpg

#6869 2 years ago
Quoted from ultimategameroom:

Sweet integrated amp and tuner! Was it a top of the line model? That was a lot of money back in 1976. I checked and it’s approx $3000 in 2021 dollars.

No those two were mid range at best. And yes that was a lot of money in those days, and I assure you I had next to nothing and had no business spending that much on stereo equipment. Young and dumb.

Now these goodies would have been top of the line in the 70s. I bought this stack a few years ago. I am now old and dumb, but at least can afford useless stuff like this.

A77503C7-2B8B-4716-BBE3-CCCEE7D56DE6 (resized).jpegA77503C7-2B8B-4716-BBE3-CCCEE7D56DE6 (resized).jpeg

#6902 2 years ago
Quoted from pinnyheadhead:Each time I read stories about what our ancestors went through to live or really just survive back years ago it makes me feel how fortunate each one of us is to be here today. It also make me think that each one of us has in our blood what it takes to do well in life based on what our ancestors did to survive during past times of war, disease, hunger, oppression, etc.. Crazy what they went through. Slow WiFi really isn’t that bad huh?
Thanks for sharing!

Nobody from today would last 5 minutes in those times. Read about the Klondike gold rush and what people went through to get up and over. Or, what people went through in the dust bowl and migration west. Or a million other examples. They had it tough.

3 months later
#7503 2 years ago
Quoted from mooch:

Remember making book covers for your school textbooks using brown paper grocery bags? I got pretty good at doing this myself as a kid. By the end of the school year, each cover was thoroughly defaced by my goofy doodles and stickers.
[quoted image]

This is one of those that triggered a memory I had completely forgotten for many years. But as soon as I saw the pic, I remembered. Yes, we absolutely did do this. We had very little money when I was a kid, and we were taught to take good care of our stuff, including our school books.

#7528 2 years ago

I religiously read Mad and some time ago I bought all of the back issues on DVD and I have been gradually going through those for entertainment. For some reason I never read Cracked.

Check this out, back issues of Cracked to read:

https://archive.org/details/crackedmagazine

1 month later
#7741 1 year ago
Quoted from mooch:

In the early 70’s, I had this book of songs to play on the buttons of my parents’ fabulous new avocado green touch-tone wall phone in the kitchen.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Between this and entering things like 80085 into our calculators, we had plenty of fun stuff to keep us entertained in the 70s.

#7747 1 year ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

Actually before my time, but I found the sales receipt for the Plymouth Special De Luxe 4 door sedan my Dad purchased new in 1948. Total cost $2,096.78 including $1,447.00 base plus $298.95 in options and $350.83 for tax/handling/freight/finance/insurance charges. Quite an extravagant list of options taken. (I had to google it to find out the $28.00 option charge for "Van Auken" was for bumper guards.) Looks like Dad paid $518.82 down and got a whole $200 for the 1941 Oldsmobile 2 door he traded in, leaving a $1,377.96 balance to be paid in 12 monthly installments of $114.83 each. Check out the horsepower rating shown!
[quoted image]

Ahh, they had the ole “underseal” rip-off way back then.

1 week later
#7838 1 year ago
Quoted from zombywoof:

Remember the temporary tattoos in your box of Cracker Jack?
[quoted image]

Remember when you used to get 1) actual real toys and 2) some actual peanuts in there?

2 weeks later
#7886 1 year ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Remember the summer of '75?
Wishing you all a happy July 4th holiday.
( You might want to stay out of the water )
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
[quoted image]
https://www.foxnews.com/us/cape-cod-residents-warned-great-white-shark-migration-headed-way
" Cape Cod residents warned of great white shark migration headed their way."
'" One local beach temporarily closed due to a sighting"

"Martin, are you going to shut down the beaches on your own authority? We have had to deal with the pandemic, high gas prices, baby formula shortages, hundreds of forest fires and a continuing drought, and thousands of refugees at our southern border. And now we have to worry about a shark on July 4th. You can't be shutting down the beaches."

I remember it like it was yesterday, I was working at a drive-in theater for the summer. There was never anything like it, it was unbelievable. I estimated that I saw Jaws 70 times over the course of that summer.

1 month later
#8037 1 year ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

In the midwest in the 60s, some Phillips 66 gas stations had these trapezoid awnings over the gas pumps. Same architect, maybe?
[quoted image]

Inspired by Googie architecture. Googie is a cool thing if you haven't looked into it.

2 weeks later
#8099 1 year ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Interesting. JAWS is going to be showing in the theaters after 50 years.
https://www.cnn.com/2022/08/20/media/jaws-top-gun-maverick-rogue-one-releases/index.html
"Universal’s “Jaws” — the original summer blockbuster from 1975 — swims back into theaters Labor Day weekend in IMAX and 3-D. "
I recently went to see Top Gun: Maverick in IMAX. A regular theater would have been fine.
Several years ago I went to a matinee of some movie that was in 3-D. Conclusion: 3-D is a waste of time. A crappy movie is a crappy movie and 3-D is not going to help things. The 3-D glasses are always in the way.
I have JAWS on DVD and a 65 inch 4K TV. But I might consider sitting though it again. But a regular movie screen would be fine. I will not pay extra for the other two formats.

Top Gun at the IMAX was definitely worth it for me. But I saw it at an original “real” IMAX theater, which is the closest you can get to the original IMAX. Unfortunately there are a lot of IMAX branded theaters that are weak versions which aren’t much better than any nice theater. Also known as Liemaxes.

#8113 1 year ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Here is an antique. When I moved into my house 43 years ago, I had a wall phone installed. I dumped the land line in 2014 but got rid of the wall phone many many years ago.
This is a wall phone mount. I guess I should take it down but it is in an out of the way place.
[quoted image]

What the heck? That is the worst phone jack mount I have ever seen. Gotta love the wire poking out through a hole in the wall, then going up a few inches along the wall and finally under the plate.

#8136 1 year ago
Quoted from mooch:

In the 60’s, my family’s front door had a stone-age purely mechanical doorbell.
Much like a pinball chime box.
Pressing the button made it go “Ding” and letting it go made it go “Dong.”
[quoted image]

Right! And there was always the wiseass who would press it in and hold there for like a minute, then let it go to make the dong. I'm not saying who the wiseass was. But it was me.

3 weeks later
#8192 1 year ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Well, I find myself here in Florida, seeing the end of Summer.
I imagine this is now across the country, even with the recent heat
But my summer childhood in NY, would end with Labor day, packing up the lockers at Atlantic Beach, and this was a favorite song in the summer of 1970.
I never saw the video until today, and I just love the energy, Raw Talent, and Foot work!
You guys remember your Summer #1 Song?

I remember it well, they played that song constantly on the radio, all day long, over and over.

A year later in 71, Chick-a-Boom.

A few years later in 72, it was Brandy by Looking Glass.

#8209 1 year ago
Quoted from ultimategameroom:

Back in the late 80’s as a teenager we drank Hawaiian Punch mixed with this!
The label clearly states “ extremely flammable”, “overconsumption may endanger your health”.

[quoted image]

I’ll just leave this here.

02E8D64F-DDE2-4C60-80D1-0D7D55147C02 (resized).jpeg02E8D64F-DDE2-4C60-80D1-0D7D55147C02 (resized).jpeg
#8211 1 year ago
Quoted from zombywoof:

I never tried Ripple, but in 9th grade one of my friends lifted a bottle of this from Safeway. It was warm, too. Never again.
[quoted image]

The Mad Dog was for the serious drinkers.

#8236 1 year ago

Cool stuff. What caught my eye is he had to type it all out on a typewriter, and it is all without errors or mistakes, except one small one toward the end with the word my. You don't get any do-overs when you type like this. I doubt if half the USA could produce something similar today even with all the computer power they have.

#8240 1 year ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

A little bit of history:
40 years ago. 7 people died from ingesting poisoned Tylenol.
"The Tylenol poisonings are the reason there’s now tamper-proof packaging on many medicines and foods, but the case that once panicked the country has faded from the spotlight."
https://www.cnn.com/interactive/2022/09/us/tylenol-murders-cnnphotos/
Before the Tylenol poisonings, any container of pills, such as vitamins, came in a bottle that when opened, the first thing you did was to remove a wad of cotton and then proceed to pour out the pills you were going to take.
A jar of mayonnaise, when opened, it was the mayo at you were looking at.
None of what you bought came in a tamper proof container. Almost anything you put in your mouth did not come with a tamperproof container.
About the only item I can think of today that does not come in a tamperproof container is a loaf of bread with its wire wrapper.
That was the way it was. And why, today, some containers are built like Ft. Knox.
Anybody over 50 should remember the Tylenol poisoning scare.

I remember it well. This story has just hit the news again. That lowlife James Lewis was never tried or convicted for murder, only extortion. But it looks like they are considering new charges.

In a twisted way I guess we can be thankful that this triggered the current technology of sealed containers due to the fact that the world is full of sick psychopaths who would be more than happy to do similar things, so this at least slows them down. But he should rot in hell for killing those people. He has denied anything to do with the actual crime for the last 40 years, while admitting to the extortion attempt. But apparently they saved the various bottles and such from way back then. Its sounding like they may have been able to use current technology to identify his DNA on something. I would love to see him pay for his crimes finally.

1 week later
#8265 1 year ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

1960's Shell gas giveaways! Shame no businesses, other than McDonalds? have a type
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Those those were literally our steak knives for my entire childhood growing up. We didn't have a lot of money back then so for real I'm not joking.

#8275 1 year ago

Yeah I try to stay away from Moebius and Polar Lights, every time I go over there and have a look I end up with something. I've got lots of cool models stashed away to build, someday.

4 weeks later
#8378 1 year ago

Never heard of or have seen that raisin pie, but I'm totally in, that looks delicious.

Full disclosure: I do like me some raisins.

#8409 1 year ago

Wolverton rules

Girl_Mad (resized).jpgGirl_Mad (resized).jpg

1 month later
#8504 1 year ago

Didn't have the dog or the Oscar Mayer, but absolutely yes to the Thingmaker spider, the Superball, and the Rat Fink ring!

It looks like you can still buy the old original Thingmakers, which of course were the best ones but became banned because of the fairly dangerous heated plate. I can't even imagine how many hours and hours of fun we had with that Thingmaker. I remember cranking out the bugs by the hundreds, but then getting into the artistic side of it and carefully creating single masterpieces like your spider. It is awesome that it survived all these years.

4 weeks later
#8672 1 year ago
Quoted from zombywoof:

I remember those well!
My dad laid out a putting green at the top of an elevated bank in our back yard when I was 10 or 11. It was Zoysia grass. I had to use one of these antique rotary mowers with the roller on the back to mow it. Worse, he made me manually mow the fescue lawn around the green with the manual mower, too. The rest of the lawn I handled with an old Craftsman gas powered push mower.
[quoted image]

When I was a kid, I made my cash with one of those push mowers. In the summer that is. In the fall it was a rake for leaves, and in the winter it was a snow shovel.

3 weeks later
#8726 1 year ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Many years ago I came to a fork in the road.
One road led to American wholesomeness, mother, apple pie, the two story house with white picket fence and they lived happily ever after----and church: Sunday morning service, Sunday evening service, Tuesday night visitation, Wednesday night prayer meeting, Friday night social gathering, Saturday afternoon rummage sale, and back to Sunday morning service.
The other road led to sex, drugs, and rock and roll. And pinball
Which road did you take?

I smashed it all together, mixed it all up in a jumble, then threw some stuff out and kept the good stuff in.

#8749 1 year ago
Quoted from Azmodeus:

Robotics did fully happen too. Still happening.
[quoted image]

Pays my bills and for my pinball machines.

2 months later
#8977 1 year ago
Quoted from Luckydogg420:

I had turned 7 just months before the challenger explosion. Just imagine a young boy in love with space, playing with his space Lego and all that came along with kids in the mid 80’s. Then watching it explode live on tv. That memory has really stuck with me over the years. It’s one of the few “do you remember where you were when” moments in my life

I remember this day. They sent us home from school. Back then, they NEVER sent us home for school.

IMG_0548 (resized).jpegIMG_0548 (resized).jpeg

#8999 12 months ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

I remember that now. The shuttle was launched at a temperature that was too cold that morning. Management, not engineering, made the call to launch. After 24 successful launches, management got too big for its britches.
Google searches:
"The key ethical issues evident in the case were the lack of communication between managers and poor safety culture, which prevented adequate technology testing before the launch. The primary ethical issue, in this case, was the lack of a proper safety culture.Aug 25, 2021"
" The disaster was caused by an O-ring seal that failed to work properly during the unusually cold conditions. Temperatures behind a strong cold front had dipped to a frigid 26 degrees, well below the average low of 50 degrees. Preparations were made the night before to prevent or minimize ice formation.Jan 28, 2021"
" When NASA overruled the Thiokol engineers, it was with a quote that no one who works with data, on the front lines of a project, should ever forget: "Take off your engineer hat," they told Boisjoly and the others, "and put your management hat on".Feb 9, 2012"
" Before Challenger launched on its ill-fated STS-51L mission, the space shuttle program had completed 24 missions in a row,..."
https://www.space.com/31760-space-shuttle-challenger-disaster-30-years.html

The general story about the cold o-rings and the decision-making is true. But there is a lot more background than that. My theory since the beginning always was that it was all related to the teacher being on the flight. The commitment to do this and all of the ensuing publicity and additional audience added even more pressure to the decision making. The idea of putting a civilian on one of those flights does not seem wise, but there was this push to deliver the belief that the continued successful Shuttle missions indicated that it was something routine and safe. It was not, nor was it ever.

For more information on this, it is worthwhile reading the Challenger report Appendix F, which apparently Feynman required to be included in the report otherwise he would not sign off on it. Here you can see the analysis of the safety of the entire shuttle program when analyzed by someone like Feynman, as that dude was no dummy.

https://history.nasa.gov/rogersrep/v2appf.htm

#9001 12 months ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

I had a fun game of throwing a soda can on the roof of the house and see how long I could keep shooting it to keep it from falling off. Whoever worked on that roof years later must of been wondering why there were hundreds of bb's stuck in the shingles lol.

Quoted from jawjaw:

I had a fun game of throwing a soda can on the roof of the house and see how long I could keep shooting it to keep it from falling off. Whoever worked on that roof years later must of been wondering why there were hundreds of bb's stuck in the shingles lol.

That reminds me of another one that I actually just thought about a few days ago. We would walk over to the school which had some sort of pitched roof, then throw a baseball onto it, wait for it to roll down, and catch it with our glove. This could go on for hours if we didn't have enough kids to play a baseball game.

1 week later
#9044 11 months ago

And only Cragar mags will do.

cragar (resized).jpgcragar (resized).jpg

1 month later
#9154 10 months ago
Quoted from DanQverymuch:

I learned to read before Kindergarten, and could often be found reading Donald Duck and Uncle Scrooge comic books in the john.
One time my parents were so fed up with me hogging our only bathroom that they banned comic books from the bathroom entirely. Well, I continued to spend an inordinate amount of time in there (get your minds out of the gutter, this was still Pre-K!), so they asked what I was doing. "Reading," I replied.
"But we took away all the comic books."
"I know, I'm reading Reader's Digest!"
Then they had me come out and read some of it to them, to their surprise.
Anyway, those comic books were from the Carl Barks era of Disney comics, and his clever humor permeated his stories and laid the groundwork for my offbeat sense of humor. My little sister as well.
Over the next several years we graduated to Mad magazine, eventually followed by National Lampoon. We also just about wore out a George Carlin LP we had, his "Take Offs and Put Ons," which was recorded before his counterculture transformation. At age 12, I got his "Occupation: Foole" record for Christmas, my parents being unaware of his having gone blue. I got to listen to it once before it got ungifted and put away for a few years! I did get it back eventually.
But the most profound influence on me was that of Monty Python's Flying Circus, which began airing on some PBS stations when I was 13. We had a TV antenna with a rotor, and we would turn it south to pick up the Milwaukee PBS station after the Green Bay affiliate decided the show was too racy for them. We audiotaped some of the episodes as well, with the microphone picking up our howls of laughter too, and we listened to those cassettes a lot, even after we forgot what was going on during the non-verbal sections, especially Gilliam's cartoons. It was a revelation finally seeing those again on DVD, and now it seems it's permanently on Netflix.
Here we are almost 50 years later, and my brain is still just as prone to silliness as ever, thanks to those wacky Brits. Even now, I'll just let the shows run as background noise while I'm futzing around the house. It never gets old.
[quoted image]

Wouldn’t be too hard to figure out your age, it’s funny how what you wrote could be exactly my own story. The one difference is that instead of the john, I would read at night after bedtime. Somehow I had a flashlight at hand, and as soon as we were told to go to bed I’d be under the covers reading a book. My mom would occasionally poke her head in and yell at me to shut it off, but in hindsight I’m pretty sure she was the one that gave it to me so I could do just that,

1 month later
#9238 9 months ago
Quoted from mooch:

60 years ago today, I was a 5-year-old in my Grandpa’s backyard in Chicago checking out the 07/20/1963 Solar Eclipse with my Dad. He had made us a pinhole eclipse viewer using a cardboard box.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I clearly remember that day, was 8 years old and we were living in Bangor, Maine, so you can see from the map we were in prime position. My memory is being outside in the daylight, and then almost instantly it turned to night. Then a few moments later it was daylight again. It was fairly creepy for a kid. I have this memory that it sort of swept across us, but that may be faulty memory, that was 60 freaking years ago. Any chance I can go back to that day and relive my life, knowing what I know now?

#9243 9 months ago

That one and also the one in The French Connection are classic.

3 weeks later
#9301 8 months ago

Not my memories, but memories of my millennial offspring. Starting to go through a pretty giant pile of toys that have been basically stored away since the 90s. The Legos and Bionicles are all keepers for now, but there is a ton of other stuff, including Power Rangers, Beetleborgs, Hot Wheels and more. Over some time I'll be posting some pics for entertainment, but also this is all going to get sold off or given away. So if anyone has any interest in any of it, send me a PM!

Just to give you the scale of it, these are just the Legos and Bionicles. And that's about half of it all.

toys legos bionicles 2023-08 (resized).jpgtoys legos bionicles 2023-08 (resized).jpg

Here is the first sale prepped for eBay, a Beetleborg Pulsaber and Sonic Laser combo.

sonic laser and pulsaber (resized).jpgsonic laser and pulsaber (resized).jpg

#9304 8 months ago

Do your kids know you’re selling their stuff? - Yes, the topic of many discussions

Who gets the proceeds of the sale? It is going into a bank account for possible future grandkids.

Did you offer it back to the, before selling? Yes, everything was gone through, and he selected what he wanted to keep (Legos and Bionicles mostly)

No thought of keeping the stuff until they have kids? (I have 4 large Lego bins if/when I ever have grandkids). We are keeping aside some stuff for this purpose. For example, there is a big bin of Thomas the Train stuff. Saving that one for grandkids.

#9312 8 months ago
Quoted from starfighter:

How is selling on ebay these days?
Do you have to ship before ebay releases the sale funds to you?
Will you get a 1099r and does it break out ebay & shipping fees?

Its OK, about the same as it ever was, with some changes.

I believe they don't pay until you ship. The money goes straight into your designated bank account instead of Paypal like it used to. I haven't had any issues with the payments.

The fees are pretty high. But it is a convenient way to sell with auctions, and I have had some good luck selling some stuff at decent prices. I also do some stuff with OfferUp and others such as Nextdoor.

There has been a lot of controversy about the 1099 and the $600 limit, and I think the IRS has changed the rule around a few times this year. Will have to check the news on the latest. I'm not worried since I am not a storefront, I just sell a bunch of used crap I own. In theory, this is designated as a "garage sale" and you should not owe any taxes at all for that, or even report it. (As always, check with proper tax attorneys and don't get your advice from the internet)

I am happy to get rid of clutter and get some extra cash, and usually am not making a lot of money. There have been a few things here and there where I was pretty surprised at how much something sold for. But it rarely gets over $100 so its all peanuts. But the numbers add up if you keep selling stuff, I netted about $1400 in 2022.

Often I am glad that someone else is enjoying some of this stuff, and it didn't go to waste or just get thrown away. It always tickles me when a buyer sends messages about how grateful they are to get something, and how great it is. That happens a lot with Disney stuff. I have sold lots of that as we are annual pass members and tend to have a lot of that Disney stuff. Here's an example - a bunch of Disney popcorn buckets. The lady that bought these was thrilled to death!

Disney-popcorn (resized).jpgDisney-popcorn (resized).jpg

#9313 8 months ago

Power Rangers Zeo Cannon, working lights. Like many of these toys it was packed away 25+ years with AA batteries left inside. I was able to rescue this one by cleaning up the battery compartment.

zeo cannon left side (resized).jpgzeo cannon left side (resized).jpg

zeo cannon lights (resized).jpgzeo cannon lights (resized).jpg

Power Rangers Golden Power Staff, working lights. This one had no batteries left inside and a clean battery compartment.

zeo golden power staff closed (resized).jpgzeo golden power staff closed (resized).jpg

zeo golden power staff opening and lit (resized).jpgzeo golden power staff opening and lit (resized).jpg

#9315 8 months ago

I have been picking off some of the larger, easy items first to get things going. Its going to take a while to sort through the pile of Power Ranger stuff, there are different size figures, zords, megazords made from the zords, and all of the accessories for each group. Problem is, they are all thrown in together into big piles. (Yes I know the tractors aren't part of the Power Rangers, I figured that much out)

power rangers pile (resized).jpgpower rangers pile (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider xsvtoys.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-were-your-favorite-childhood-toys?tu=xsvtoys and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.