stfu.gif
speedy-gonzales-movie-donald-trump (resized).jpg
IMG_4109 (resized).JPG
Screenshot_20240319-093421 (resized).png
Screenshot_20240318_220904_Chrome (resized).jpg
Unknown (resized).jpeg
2024-03-18_09-56-44 (resized).jpg
shot0037 (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider winteriscoming.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#1494 4 years ago

This jerk caused me to lose a front tooth when I was a toddler:

I loved this toy so much and apparently fell on it.

I went a LONG time missing a tooth before the adult tooth grew, and that one came in messed up. Screw you, Casey the robot!

3 months later
#1629 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

I stumbled on this and took the picture in a thrift store over the weekend. I had no idea...[quoted image]

Captain Kirk looks oddly pleased to have recruited Ken.

1 week later
#1661 4 years ago

I was cursed when it came to the Lynx. I got one for my b-day as a kid and played it all the time. It would always outright die on me and I'd take it to Toys R Us and they would swap it out for a new one, no questions asked. I swapped it at least 4 times, and then they didn't sell the Lynx anymore...

It was like it would always overheat and kill it while I was playing.

#1670 4 years ago
Quoted from sohchx:

Starting to get worn out on them though so that may be the open door to get into Lynx.

My question after my experience with all the failures I experienced as a kid: how do you keep one running?

#1706 4 years ago
Quoted from sohchx:

You asking about the Game Gear??

Lynx

#1744 4 years ago
Quoted from sohchx:

I was born in 78 and have had way to many favorite toys to name them all. In my late 20's I started to collect the toys that I used to have but were long gone, then suddenly it exploded into collecting a little bit of everything like TMNT, He-man, Joe's, Transformers, etc. But there has always been one single toy that was and always will be my favorite, Galoob Micro Machines. I've been obsessed with cars since before I could walk, so almost everything that I played with was toy related, but when 1987 came around that changed everything. Micro Machines debuted and another obsession began, the details, the size, there was nothing else like them. Fast forward to now and I still collect them along with my youngest child who loves them as much as I did at her age. Every once in awhile I'll get down in the floor with her and we'll build a few playsets to make a massive city. We've got hundreds of sealed packs, playsets, and thousands of loose vehicles. You name it we may have it.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I read that Micro Machines are returning in 2020. They're licensed to a new manufacturer, but hopefully they're good. All the ones I had are long lost. I think I could get my daughter into them.

7 months later
#1970 3 years ago
Quoted from Rezdog:

[quoted image]

They sold Creepy Crawlers ovens in the 90's. They were heated with a large light bulb. It appears the originals were far more dangerous!

11 months later
#5682 2 years ago
Quoted from bob_e:

have not seen the Classic no batteries needed ETCH-A-SKETCH
[quoted image]

It's interesting that they made the message look as if it is written on an ETCH-A-SKETCH by adding a connecting line to the letter outlines, but what they show would be impossible. The interior holes in the letters would have to be connected as well... False advertising!

1 year later
#8487 1 year ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

Finding money when you were a kid was pretty awesome.

We would go to a wave pool sometimes. I was a pretty good swimmer and started bringing goggles to swim under everyone and collect the cash that fell out of their pockets. Usually came away with a good amount.

Another cash grab came when we stayed at a hotel that had manmade stream outside near the pool that I guess a lot of people decided to throw coins into. It was super shallow, and my older brother and I waded through collecting all the coins. I guess no one who cared was watching. That was a pretty good haul. No way I would let my kids do that!

7 months later
#9269 8 months ago
Quoted from NunoDirector:

I remembered they also have Mighty Max toys for the boys. It was the same concept but with a Kid named Max and had different abstract worlds. They even made a TV cartoon about it.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I loved Mighty Max toys and the cartoon. I have spent too much buying a few complete sets within the past couple of years on eBay. I liked other series of similar micro playsets including TMNT, Star Wars and Star Trek.

They have modern Polly Pocket sets still today. My 7-year-old has some. I won't lie, I wish they would bring back Mighty Max so at least I wouldn't have to pay exorbitant prices for a hint of fleeting nostalgia.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider winteriscoming.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-were-your-favorite-childhood-toys?tu=winteriscoming and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.