stfu.gif
speedy-gonzales-movie-donald-trump (resized).jpg
IMG_4109 (resized).JPG
Screenshot_20240319-093421 (resized).png
Screenshot_20240318_220904_Chrome (resized).jpg
Unknown (resized).jpeg
2024-03-18_09-56-44 (resized).jpg
shot0037 (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider viggin900.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#7907 1 year ago

Early 80's our Service Merchandise had these in the showroom as you entered on a wall to the right. There were different characters and they would spit water and creepily laugh at you. It gave my brother and I nightmares but we always went back again to pull the tie until I got older. Great memory.

#7942 1 year ago

You know why they stopped putting the gas cap behind the tail lights don't you? Fuel in close proximity to electricity never ends well.

#7948 1 year ago

Before I had a Coleco these entertained me in the back seat.

SmartSelect_20220710-073615_Chrome (resized).jpgSmartSelect_20220710-073615_Chrome (resized).jpg
2 months later
#8169 1 year ago

I just watched a Toy Galaxy episode that reminded me of these. I always wanted the Entertech Uzi or Rambo m16 with reloadable water clips. Any kid we played squirt gun/grenade army with who had one was unstoppable. This was my red rider gun growing up.

SmartSelect_20220909-000910_Chrome (resized).jpgSmartSelect_20220909-000910_Chrome (resized).jpg
#8178 1 year ago

Floaty souvenir pens. I always picked one up wherever we went on family vacations. I had a Woolly Mammoth from La Brea tar pits I played with forever from our 1988 California vacation. They need to bring these back. Let's face it, you felt pretty special in school with one.

SmartSelect_20220910-020055_Chrome (resized).jpgSmartSelect_20220910-020055_Chrome (resized).jpg
3 weeks later
#8252 1 year ago
Quoted from edward472:

I've been picking up a few G1 Transformers
[quoted image]

Ha! I just bought an original soundwave last week. Pretty rough condition but I always wanted one.

#8253 1 year ago

I made this myself for a halloween party a couple years ago. I miss the Ben Cooper costumes and wanted an adult version. It was a lot of painting.

20191025_233912 (resized).jpg20191025_233912 (resized).jpg
1 month later
#8371 1 year ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

There is no way I can find a pic of this, but how many are old enough to remember when you and your parents stepped up to pay for your receipt at a restaurant that there would be a selection of blank checks from local banks in the area and all one had to do was grab a blank check, fill it out with your info. and pay the restaurant with the blank check with your bank's name on it?
Does anybody else remember seeing this in restaurants? Maybe it as just a midwest thing.
Anyway, it did not take all that long for the bad actors to start writing blank checks that were made of rubber and the restaurants stopped the blank check practice.

Oh man I remember those,There were big stacks of them in dark wood square holders with usually 2 gold pens in a holder. I'm trying to remember where? Banks of course but fancy restaurants and service merchandise perhaps? I loved filling them out for fun while waiting on my dad to pay at the desk.

#8381 1 year ago

Classic, made me laugh. Every play of the 1977 NFL today intro would be a penalty now!
https://ifunny.co/video/every-play-from-cbs-s-nfl-today-intro-from-1977-XyYtnMjo7

#8394 1 year ago

I bought this for just $9.99 last month and sat down to play it with my wife last night. I never played the original but they did everything to replicate it, including the instructions. The figure and wear marks on the packaging was a nice touch, definitely made me feel like a kid again.

20221111_213021 (resized).jpg20221111_213021 (resized).jpg20221111_215809 (resized).jpg20221111_215809 (resized).jpg
1 week later
#8418 1 year ago
Quoted from Azmodeus:

I have not seen any muscle men in any of the places if been in last seven years. Not a one I don’t think.
I had a bunch before, all gone now.
If you like them, this website shows them all.
http://www.rubberfever.com/?section=collections&voice=muscles[quoted image]

If you have a 3D printer you can download them all for free and print them. I did a couple of favorites last month. You just paint them the pink color and no one can tell the difference unless you pick them up. Mainly for my 80's display on top of my arcade. I also did a monster in my pocket from the 90's.

20220920_134133 (resized).jpg20220920_134133 (resized).jpg
2 weeks later
#8462 1 year ago

Attention shoppers. Looking for that special sound while you are working or shopping this holiday? Let this pleasing muzak take you back to better days along with intercom.

2 weeks later
#8512 1 year ago
Quoted from j_m_:

it is amazing at the things that we were allowed as kids to play with in the 60s and 70s that are deemed dangerous by today's standards.
the way that I saw it, if you used common sense, you didn't get hurt. if you got hurt, it was probably your own fault. heck, we jumped off the garage in our our above ground pool back in the day and no one was any worse for wear at the end of the day.
the thing maker sets were great fun, as was the hot wheels toy were you got to melt wax-like ingots into a crucible and pour out the molten material into metal frames to make your own cars.
[quoted image]

I still remember the hot burning wax smell it made.
Other memories of smells I remember as a kid that are no longer around.
Bowling allies, cigeretts and ball wax?
Airports, where you picked up your luggage, my dad always smelled of an airport when we picked him up.
Of course golf pro shops!
All these places had a unique smell because of the materials that were used. I wish they made candles of them.

1 week later
#8592 1 year ago

Has anyone been down-voted on this thread?

2 weeks later
#8648 1 year ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

I found this sea diver toy interesting. Such as, what is the attraction?
I can see where my 9 YO self could have spent some time with this, but I imagine the attraction would be short lived. I am scratching my head as to just how it works.

Don't for get to read the comments. And then learn that this toy is still available at Ebay. Different name, of course.
[quoted image]
ebay.com link: itm

I say the same thing when I see those crane games.

#8682 1 year ago
Quoted from dirkdiggler:

I'm sure they've been mentioned but remember Wacky Crawlers? I can remember getting them inside cereal boxes. They'd work a few times throwing them against the wall till too much dirt from the floor got on them. Then they'd just fall to the floor
[quoted image]

You had to wash them off with soap and water and they would be good as new. They need to bring these back.

3 weeks later
#8733 1 year ago

Not Neccesarily the News Sniglets!

SmartSelect_20230215-081449_Chrome (resized).jpgSmartSelect_20230215-081449_Chrome (resized).jpg
#8758 1 year ago
Quoted from Invictus:

ROBO 1 by Tomy…[quoted image]

I had one of those! Regret selling it on a garage sale.

3 weeks later
#8847 1 year ago
Quoted from pinmister:

That Minute Maid concentrated OJ brings back some great childhood memories. Loved going to the mall to get Orange Julius drinks. Well one day my mother introduced me to one of her Girl Scout recipes for making Orange Julius drinks at home. I loved making them for my friends that would come over to play. Really a simple recipe and taste just like Orange Julius:
INGREDIENTS
6 oz. can frozen orange juice concentrate
1 1/2 cup milk
1/4 cup sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla
12 ice cubes

I wonder if we went to the same mall? I was obsessed with this place. What setting do you set the blender and can I just refrigerate the rest or does it have to be blended fresh?

2 weeks later
#8872 1 year ago
SmartSelect_20230325-010548_Chrome (resized).jpgSmartSelect_20230325-010548_Chrome (resized).jpg
#8873 1 year ago

I've been watching Airwolf on Tubi. Loved that series as a kid and Jean Michael Vincent was the highest paid actor at the time. Incredible how he went downhill and died in 2019. Hard to believe.

SmartSelect_20230325-010924_Chrome (resized).jpgSmartSelect_20230325-010924_Chrome (resized).jpg
3 weeks later
#8942 1 year ago
Quoted from dos_reboot:

Stomper 4x4 were so cool[quoted image][quoted image]

And expensive as $$ now too. Wish I kept mine.

#8943 1 year ago
Quoted from girloveswaffles:

Sad News today. Mad Magazine artist and contributer Al Jaffe has passed away at the age of 102:
https://fox5sandiego.com/news/national-news/al-jaffee-longtime-mad-magazine-cartoonist-dead-at-102/?utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=socialflow&utm_source=t.co
[quoted image]
[quoted image][quoted image]

I swear he did the artwork for Oktoberfest. The rumor is that is what they were going for.

#8979 12 months ago
Quoted from ultimategameroom:

My science class was watching it in the classroom 8th grade. It was so shocking there was almost total silence. My teacher was crying and some jerk made a bad joke about it. The teacher flipped out on him and said how disrespectful he was. He sent him off to see the principal.
American Olean Tile was about 3 miles from my home. It was a very large factory complex. I believe the exterior tiles on the bottom of the shuttle were made there. At least that’s what our teachers told us.

Same here, they had us all watch it on the tv in the classroom. Never forget that day. Also the faulty O rings were made here in Berea Ky. Or so I have been told.

#8997 11 months ago
Quoted from pinwiztom:

This weblink to an photo article
brought back a lot of memories.
only one of them i did not recognize.
https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/hate-break-youve-eaten-literally-223147004.html
an example...[quoted image]

They don't still have these? Man I remember the taste of the soggy cardboard and the cool clear plastic push up stick with disc. It made great accessories when I played star wars figures.

#9023 11 months ago

I love the old Out of Order signs in the Arcades when i was a kid. I found one and scanned it in to use when my games goes down. By having it out it also reminds me I need to do something about a game. Here is a .pdf so you can download and print your own. If anyone has another Arcade's please share. I would love to know what Space Port looked like.

20230427_131048 (resized).jpg20230427_131048 (resized).jpgOutofOrder.pdfOutofOrder.pdf
1 week later
#9051 11 months ago
Quoted from sethbenjamin:

By contrast, I was only 7 years old in 1982, and it was the height of Satanic Panic mania. My parents were going through a protracted “born again” phase, and it was just sort of “in the air”; Dungeons and Dragons was *particularly* to be feared. I remember seeing a “Special Report” about the perils of having your kid fall under the sway of this dangerous pastime, how kids would be bound up with demonic forced and kill themselves if their character died in a game. They told us about this stuff in Sunday School all the time, with grisly detail that really makes you wonder at the sadism of some adults. Little kids don’t have the guile to recognize when the adults might be full of it, after all.
I lived with some pretty damn vivid (and 100% baseless) fears through the course of my childhood and adolescence. Eventually some friends of mine took an interest in role playing games (the very phrase itself seemed laden with danger to me at the time), and at a sleepover they “initiated” me into the D&D world. I confided that I had been warned off of such games because of the emphasis on demons and the like, and they were totally confused. My friend said “but that’s who you’re *fighting*!” A bit later his dad checked in on us and made a crack about “you’re not in there sacrificing small animals, are you?” Somehow that night and in that moment the spell of anxiety around a simple game which relies on imagination was broken by a sane adult who recognized the absurdity of the bad rap around those games. Lenny Bruce and George Carlin would be proud.
Anyhow…in a way I kind of enjoy looking back on the ridiculousness of the stuff that scared me as a kid. It sort of made the world more “exciting”, knowing it was all so fraught with danger at every turn. On the other hand, seeking solace and refuge in the suffocating din of the drywall and commercial carpeted church activities available as an alternative didn’t hold too much appeal to me. My older brother was always managing to get horror movies and punk rock albums into the house. That world seemed dangerous to me, but in the way a rollercoaster seems dangerous. Just exciting, really. Church was full of adults who seemed bent on making sure that you only had whatever version of “fun” they set out for you. (Usually something to do with an organized sport activity, group singing of awful songs, and maybe eating some hot dogs.)
My parents’ religious phase cooled off eventually (and just at the time I would have started rebelling against it in a big way); by the time I was a couple years into high school my dad was back to digging on rock and roll and hipped me to Frank Zappa. All’s well that ends well, I guess…
[quoted image]

I remember those times with Ozzy Osbourn on Geraldo. Funny thing the same hysteria has come back but in a different form. Now another group is tearing down statues and rewriting history. We'll look back on this one too someday and laugh.

4 weeks later
#9137 10 months ago
Quoted from hassellcastle:

Well not necessarily a toy, but definitely nostalgic from our childhood if you were an 80’s kid like myself.
I took the plunge and purchased a restored animatronic Billy Bob from the Rock-Afire Explosion band of Showbiz Pizza last fall that I have on display in our store. He does move sing and talk just like we remembered. Soon after others came out of the wood work and offered me other parts & props of his set and I’ve now acquired his stage partner, Looney Bird as well. Just finished construction on a permanent stage for their residency at FUN! in the back of our showroom for customers to come and see.
We’ve had several Rock-Afire Explosion fans come from all over to see them in their former glory….. So…if you’re ever in the area. Stop in the store and say hi, play some pinball and see Billy Bob & Looney Bird.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I love it, wish I lived near you. Great work. It can't be easy restoring old rubber air hoses and stuff. When you get the whole band let us know!

1 week later
#9173 10 months ago
Quoted from hwyhed:

Being a kid in the ‘70’s, this was always on the tv on Saturday’s
[quoted image]

Apparently the creator of Super Friends was driving through Cincinnati and saw Union Terminal train station and came up with the idea of The hall of Justice. We thought it really was the place they fought crime. Kenner headquarters was here too making Star Wars. I always watched Cincinnati WKRP when I turned on the TV. The Bengals went to the Super Bowl and Pete Rose broke Ty Cobbs record. It was a radical time to grow up here in Cincinnati in the 80's and the world seemed like a small place. I wouldn't have rather grown up anywhere else.

SmartSelect_20230619-234128_Chrome (resized).jpgSmartSelect_20230619-234128_Chrome (resized).jpg
4 months later
#9505 5 months ago

They've broght back Hyper color shirt, ski jackets, mom jeans, old school skateboard shirts, Vaurnet France, and trapper keepers. But for some reason no one will remake the coolest most comfortable pants I ever owned. The parachute with zippered pockets!

SmartSelect_20231104_070012_Chrome (resized).jpgSmartSelect_20231104_070012_Chrome (resized).jpg
1 month later
#9604 3 months ago

For those of you who didn't have a chance to play this at home or over a friends, I'm sorry.

SmartSelect_20231229_091221_Chrome (resized).jpgSmartSelect_20231229_091221_Chrome (resized).jpg
#9614 3 months ago

I'd like to end the year with my favorite childhood memory. I spent this week painting a scale model of a guys house who lived in the neighborhood. I used to see Mr. Fred Rogers at his house 2-3 times a week and he would teach me all these great things about jobs and instruments. He would never show me what was in the back of the house but now I know!

20231230_221446 (resized).jpg20231230_221446 (resized).jpg20231230_221733 (resized).jpg20231230_221733 (resized).jpgSmartSelect_20231230_222027_Chrome (resized).jpgSmartSelect_20231230_222027_Chrome (resized).jpg
2 weeks later
#9652 3 months ago

My modern kitchen witch, mom had one in our kitchen growing up. Got popular in the early 80's.

20240114_150207 (resized).jpg20240114_150207 (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider viggin900.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-were-your-favorite-childhood-toys?tu=viggin900 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.