BagofGlass (resized).jpg
434599499_10228561822663909_2493513439072746909_n (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2024-03-30 at 7.43.04 PM (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
Big Chief pad (resized).png
stfu.gif
speedy-gonzales-movie-donald-trump (resized).jpg
IMG_4109 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinmister.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#819 7 years ago

-Honda XR80-My first motorcycle

-G. I. Joe Aircraft carrier with Jets

-Nintendo Deluxe Set

Honda XR80.jpgHonda XR80.jpg
G. I. Joe Aircraft Carrier.jpgG. I. Joe Aircraft Carrier.jpg
Nintendo deluxe set.jpgNintendo deluxe set.jpg

4 years later
#2638 3 years ago

Man looking through this thread reminds me of how truly bad the toys of today are-really pathetic compared to some of the classics. Even the new Transformer re-issues are garbage. Where have all the good Toys gone? Makes me want to start a toy company.

4 weeks later
#3027 3 years ago
Quoted from mooch:

While working on any grade school project that involved using a bottle of Elmer’s Glue,

Mooch I just gotta say thank you for posting. Your post remind me of all the great childhood memories of having fun, even if it did not include a toy(every time you post -I have a major flashback). This thread is awesome-keep on posting

4 weeks later
#3602 3 years ago
Quoted from mooch:

How about a good ol’ wooden magazine rack?

Funny you brought that up, I just ordered one to go next to my La-Z-Boy chair a few days ago-lol. I looked at the modern ones and wanted to go old school instead. I can't wait to see my wife's face when it shows up and I attempt to put it next to my chair. I can see the eyes rolling already.

Magazine side table.pngMagazine side table.png
#3604 3 years ago

Remember the old Dungeons and Dragons. I would save up my weekly allowance, ride my Mongoose BMX down to the local hobby store and spend everything I had on D & D. I would take them home and custom paint them, and started obsessively collecting them. The excitement I got from 'new' figures,dragons, etc. was really memorable. Looking back-the amount of money I spent on them was mind boggling.

Dungeons and Dragons.jpgDungeons and Dragons.jpg

1 month later
#4027 3 years ago

Looking at that cool old school ring whistle had me thinking. Why don't they make cool shit like that anymore? Then the laundry list of pc crap came to mind-it is a choking hazard, kids would suck on toxic metal that would turn your finger green after wearing it, and kids could use it as a potential weapon,etc. Too much litigation in our society nowadays, no wonder all the toys from today are mainly crap plastic junk molds. Sometimes walking the toy isle in Target has me shaking my head in disappointment with what my kids have to choose from. Keep up the post-this is becoming my favorite thread as it sparks some major flashbacks.

Remember When....reflection is a great escape!

(Love Dots-but those Jujy-fruits would stick to my teeth too much)

#4073 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

I'd kick Spock's ass on a round board

Are you out of your Vulcan mind? Spock would kick anyone's ass on round board

1 week later
#4236 3 years ago
Quoted from mbeardsley:

Hardly worthy of the "cancel culture"

Saw an old original glass Aunt Jemima bottle with a $100 price tag on it the other day at a collector store and just shook my head in dis-belief.

1 year later
#7797 1 year ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

I was just remembering toys that are not "PC" today

Wow that make up kit is crazy!

Reminds me of a story-when I was in high school we all dressed up for Halloween and took the rail car downtown. One of my friends dressed up as a Bob Marley guy with dreds. He did not even think about the painting the face part of it. He quickly learned it was not appropriate after getting threatened and removed it. Just funny that it was something people didn't really think about-was in no way trying to be racist. It was funny to watch thou

3 weeks later
#7902 1 year ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Remember these on the 4th?

I remember having Roman Candle battles in the park at night. Also making PVC pipe launchers for bottle rockets. We would shoot them directly at each other-surprised my face is still intact

Roman Candle battles (resized).jpgRoman Candle battles (resized).jpgRoman Candles (resized).jpgRoman Candles (resized).jpg
1 week later
#7954 1 year ago
Quoted from girloveswaffles:

Probably more having the fuel filler near the bumper where you're libel to be hit in an accident.

Reminds me of National Lampoons Vacation-remember when you would fill up in the back of car-who thought of that

3 months later
#8376 1 year ago
Quoted from mooch:

I was once addicted to these little brown cans of beef jerky, around the year 1980 or so

Hey mooch-major flashbacks buddy. Years ago I had a craving for the old Lowreys beef jerky sticks that I used to love as a kid.
We always had a can in our pantry and it was a real treat to have as a kid and share with friends as an after school snack.

I searched everywhere and found some that taste almost identical to the old Lowreys brand ones I grew up with. They are the Jack Links original beef jerky tender strips(I purchase them from Walmart). Love me some old school beef jerky and now so does my son

Jack Links Beef strips (resized).jpgJack Links Beef strips (resized).jpgLowrys beef jerky (resized).jpgLowrys beef jerky (resized).jpg

2 months later
#8647 1 year ago
Quoted from Azmodeus:

Going to frank and sons on Sunday will take a few rando pics

Yes-please do. I talked to a friend recently about flying out there-just to go there Looks like the collectors ultimate super warehouse.

I was in Cali recently at Disneyland and I ended up leaving the kids with the wife in the late afternoon-so I could go do some treasure hunting at local antique malls.

1 month later
#8786 1 year ago

I have some really fond memories of the classic Pizza Hut growing up. We would meet up with our little league sports teams and have team events and celebrations there. The pizza back then was super tasty-still being made from scratch without additives. The deep dish taste along with a Coca Cola in those classic red plastic cups(Coke taste the best out of these cups) being poured from pitchers. Now I call Pizza Hut-Pizza Slut and the taste is not nearly the same as it used to be.

I love the red plastic cups from back in the day so much I bought a bunch for my home. Nothing like drinking a classic Coca Cola in these red plastic glasses(must have ice cubes )

Pizza Hut 80's (resized).jpgPizza Hut 80's (resized).jpgRed plastic PH cups (resized).jpgRed plastic PH cups (resized).jpg

Pizza Hut 80's. (resized).jpgPizza Hut 80's. (resized).jpg
#8789 1 year ago
Quoted from mbeardsley:

And even when you do, the pizza just isn't the same.

Pizza Hut and Dominos pizza taste like cardboard nowadays. I do like the thin crust with pineapple and Canadian bacon(actually taste better after sitting in fridge for a day or so) at the slut. I found a bomb pizza place here that has pizza just like NYC and other than that I have been buying the classic Red Baron french bread pizza(getting the kids into it-just like I had growing up).

Red Baron french bread (resized).jpgRed Baron french bread (resized).jpg
#8803 1 year ago
Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Would love to find one but haven't come across one for sale ever

They come up often for sale on KLOV. Check out the classified section periodically and you will find one. I just pulled the trigger on a couple of classic arcade games from my childhood and I am super excited to relive my youth with my son and have him experience the magic I grew up with.

#8809 1 year ago

That Minute Maid concentrated OJ brings back some great childhood memories. Loved going to the mall to get Orange Julius drinks. Well one day my mother introduced me to one of her Girl Scout recipes for making Orange Julius drinks at home. I loved making them for my friends that would come over to play. Really a simple recipe and taste just like Orange Julius:

INGREDIENTS
6 oz. can frozen orange juice concentrate
1 1/2 cup milk
1/4 cup sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla
12 ice cubes

#8826 1 year ago
Quoted from Gotemwill:

I agree! Where did you find them?

I purchased them from a local restaurant supply store but you can get them cheap on Amazon. They make Coca Cola taste great. I do think the key is to have cold Coca Cola in fridge and then add ice-perfect combo(can't drink warm Coca Cola). I am a Coke-aholic

https://www.amazon.com/New-Star-Foodservice-46328-Restaurant/dp/B009KB4Z9C/ref=sr_1_12_sspa

Also want to mention another Amazon food item that is a staple in our home.

Lipton Matzo Ball Soup mix is really a great meal(kids love it) and we add rotisserie chicken from Sam's or Costco to it-super tasty...

https://www.amazon.com/Lipton-Kosher-Matzo-Ball-Soup/dp/B07G8P8GCC/ref=sr_1_2

1 week later
#8848 1 year ago
Quoted from Viggin900:

. What setting do you set the blender and can I just refrigerate the rest or does it have to be blended fresh?

So you need to crush the ice good and may put on liquify for a brief moment-you want it like a smoothie consistency. You can't refrigerate or freeze-have to enjoy fresh.

So when I was in elementary and early middle school I would go up to 7-11 with $1-$3 dollar weekly allowance. It was magical as I could ride my BMX bike up there with friends and entertain myself for hours. I would buy a small Slurpee, some .10 cent candy on bottom shelf and have extra quarters to go play video games in the back and hangout for hours(still can't believe they allowed it back in the day).

Fast forward to middle school-early high school and the local mall was the place to be. We had a Burger King across from Tilt arcade and a couple shops down was Orange Julius. All the punks and degenerates would hang out in front of BK and the arcade smoking cigs. I would get me an Orange Julius and a slice of thin NY pizza and then go play all the latest arcade/pinball games. I wish the malls nowadays would have the same magic. Now I drop the kids off to the mall to hang out and they just walk around taking selfies for snapchat-oh how times have changed.

1 month later
#8908 1 year ago

#8909 1 year ago

3 months later
#9287 8 months ago
V sunglasses (resized).jpgV sunglasses (resized).jpgVaurnet. (resized).jpgVaurnet. (resized).jpg
3 weeks later
#9368 8 months ago

First was the original Air Jordans but then I got a pair of the Reebok Pumps. They actually worked well and were a great pair of shoes. Now I am old and just wear New Balance and occasionally Crocs(with socks). I thought I was so cool-pumping it up!

Reebok Pumps (resized).jpgReebok Pumps (resized).jpg

pump it.gifpump it.gif
4 months later
#9603 4 months ago
The good ol' days (resized).jpgThe good ol' days (resized).jpg
2 months later
#9719 39 days ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

My Favorite Cereal toy!.....What was yours?

Cereal Toy (resized).jpgCereal Toy (resized).jpg
#9720 39 days ago

My favorite McDonalds Happy Meal toys were the two Transformer releases-one from 1987 and one from 90's. I still have some of them.

MD Transformers (resized).jpgMD Transformers (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pinmister.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-were-your-favorite-childhood-toys?tu=pinmister and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.