BagofGlass (resized).jpg
434599499_10228561822663909_2493513439072746909_n (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2024-03-30 at 7.43.04 PM (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
Big Chief pad (resized).png
stfu.gif
speedy-gonzales-movie-donald-trump (resized).jpg
IMG_4109 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pacmanretro.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#978 7 years ago
Quoted from Cloud7:

I had quite a few ghostbusters as well. My favorite ghostbusters toy was the purple monster with the huge eye that popped out!

This guy?

images (resized).jpgimages (resized).jpg

#979 7 years ago

Saw this pic and had to laugh...I didn't remember the skeleton toy and at first thought someone mixef in Jeff Dunham puppet figure. Lol

download (resized).jpgdownload (resized).jpg

#983 7 years ago
Quoted from Azmodeus:

I still have some of my comic collection that has smoke and burn damage from the fire at 16. I kept a couple ruined books to never forget. My room in the house was destroyed by fire mostly then soaked during firefighting. The neighborhood kids and neighbors ransacked my house before I got to get anything left of value, no big deal.
I'll never forget once after moving I freinds little sister had a picture I had drawn on her wall that was stolen from me, my house. It was strange but rewarding to see my stolen belongings coveted. It was a picture of the words "Heavy Metal". Hand drawn.

Wow. Amazing story. You are certainly a very strong person; I can't imagine going through all of that and people taking things!

Thank you for sharing; I hope seeing some stuff on here from years ago puts as big a smile on your face as it has for me.

#985 7 years ago
Quoted from Cloud7:

that's the one!!

Lol. I think I may have the eye to my old one still...cords dont last forever

1 week later
#1010 7 years ago
Quoted from Chum43:

Loved anything glow in the dark !!!

In early teen years, I had gotten a huge package of glow in the dark stickers that were like stars and moons etc...boy was dad thrilled when he came home and saw that my friend and I had gotten his ladder and stuck them over the ENTIRE freshly redone bedroom ceiling

They looked bad ass to me though! I didn't get in too much trouble, and a lot of them wound up being up there for like 20 years. Lol

AND I WOULD do it again to my own ceilings now!

#1031 7 years ago
Quoted from Hop-Pac:

Anybody remember this? I played this all the time. Had the 3 VHS tapes

Man! I loved those. It wound up in moms garage sale box when I was a kid... I regretted letting it go in a sale as soon as it was gone.

2 months later
#1154 6 years ago
Quoted from Rascal_H:

#postFromTheFuture
My favorite toy as a kid

Ya ya ya....but how the heck do you keep those dang spirograph plastics on the screen!

#1155 6 years ago
Quoted from dirkdiggler:

I don't remember seeing this yet. Always fun cause it invited the girls to come over to play.

Ahhh yes...the old wet banana slide trick

1 month later
#1213 6 years ago
Quoted from DanQverymuch:

I recently recalled having dreams of opening my own burger stand where the neighborhood kids would just have to give me their money using this:

That's just freakin awesome!
So much more fun than a simple easy bake...

Here kids! Place this raw ground up meat on a light bulb and feed it to your sister! Tomorrow we get to see if she got sick on raw meat you pulled out from the box from last week

Today you couldn't even offer a plastic burger with an led light without concern. Lol.

Good old days of FUN

3 months later
#1240 6 years ago
Quoted from girloveswaffles:

Found this last week at Goodwill:
And it's complete
... but it wouldn't be Pinside if I didn't find a problem we're familure with:

I can't thank my older brother (who worked at rip shack) enough for getting me one of those as a kid! And for fixing it every time I blew a component out. Lol.

EVERY kid should have an opportunity for something hands on and requiring logic/assembly...especially in today's world.

These days too many throw it away electronic flashy toys, not enough bad ass stuff where you had to use imagination or brains.

#1258 6 years ago

The latest call of duty etc is fine if you want (haven't had time for that stuff in years), but....EVERY kid should spend some time on an "Adventure"

3 months later
#1292 6 years ago
Quoted from nman:

Anyone else watch The Toys that Made Us on Netflix? It's a documentary series about what went on behind the scenes with various famous toy lines. Very entertaining. Can't wait for another season.

Just found that on netflix the other day....I HAVE to check it out!
Thanks for the reminder about it!

6 months later
#1352 5 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

In case you didnt know, O-din invented the Hula-Hoop, with beads inside.
[quoted image][quoted image]

He told me it was silicone but beads are ok too.

11 months later
#1412 4 years ago
Quoted from Travish:

I had several of the cox planes. They were great.
We lived right across from my elementary school and they had a HUGE field/playground right across the street. One night we were eating supper and somebody knocked on the door. It was 2 kids said "can we get our UFO out of your pool?" I had to have one of them after I saw it.[quoted image]

Older brother had one of those...thing was nuts. I think I still have the engine from it, not sure what happened to the body...

I had a later cox engine type tether plane that was like a jet fighter shape I think it was.

Makes my finger tips hurt just remembering winding that thing.

#1415 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

I got grounded a few times for playing with these.
[quoted image]

Fun to hit with hammer... like a giant roll of caps all at once

Kids, don't try this at home.
SERIOUSLY, if you did, wear gloves,safety glasses, and HEARING protection!

#1422 4 years ago

I remember taking a whole stack of boxes of those snapper things, undoing them, piling it all up together, then twisting it up in a big piece of tissue paper or something!

Did a medium one and it went bang prettt cool....so did a BIG ass one....

As I twisted it together, it went off, numbed finger tips, left black marks on my desk, and I had to check my pants....

Last time I did uncontrolled dumb stuff like that......for a while

#1424 4 years ago

I remember my brother had some black plastic 57 Chevy type body car with a cox (or similar) motor on it set up with that straight/left/right kinda steering where it smashed or ran out of fuel....wish I knew what happened to that. Or at least remembered more about it.

Fun toys.....fun danger. Lol

#1425 4 years ago
Quoted from ShinyBall:

Launching Tin Cans out of the can with water, was always fun.[quoted image]

Do tell!

1 month later
#1506 4 years ago
Quoted from lpeters82:

Anyone remember the version they made for Little Caesars?
[quoted image]

No, but now I want one....and I want it Hot N Ready damn it.

#1519 4 years ago
Quoted from Travish:

We still do.

Are you using tokens?

2 months later
#1594 4 years ago
Quoted from pacman11:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I had so many He-Man toys, it was insane! To garage sale they went :/

Still have a few left to this day....they were the ones left in the tub after sale :/

Ohh the things slime makes a mess on. Lol.

#1598 4 years ago
Quoted from bob_e:

Booby Trap we had fun with this simple game then in college it became a drinking game...[quoted image]

It says "spring bar game" on the box. So, must have been a spring break drinking game?

2 weeks later
#1631 4 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Wheres Kirks left hand?

Idk, but Spock if definitely trying to figure out a logical answer; as he stares him down...

#1632 4 years ago

That ditz Barbie won't stop staring at the camera....ruining the entire take!

#1645 4 years ago

Always loved the Tomy water games.

Admittedly, this 1978 one isn't as fun as others, but I was surprised when I found it at a thrift store a few years ago.

KIMG4884 (resized).jpgKIMG4884 (resized).jpg
#1649 4 years ago
Quoted from jorro:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Sweet

#1662 4 years ago

I got my lynx new from an outlet store.
What I didn't realize was that Toys R Us was already pulling games for it off shelves.

Had to call 1 800 GO ATARI and order a few directly.

Wish 800 number would still do the trick these days

#1672 4 years ago
Quoted from VectorGamer:

I liked the Lynx because of the size. Used to take it with me while on vacation or I would sit outside and play. My favorite game is probably Checkered Flag although I also played a lot of Joust and Xybots.
Just sold it recently on eBay as I now play the games on my Pi. I still have my Lynx multicart to sell.

I hadn't ever seen multicart for lynx. That sounds pretty cool.
Mind if I ask what those cost about?

#1717 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Good times.[quoted image]

I remember my buddy always tying string to lego figures and flushing....called them all diver dans.

Pretty disgusting to be pulling back out now that I think about it. Lol.

#1721 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

I found this on the internet[quoted image]

Well....probably less embarrassing to wind up being something to explain to a plumber VS a proctologist

4 months later
#1831 3 years ago
Quoted from vec-tor:

Cap bombs
[quoted image]
I forgot about this thing.

LOVED those things!

2 months later
#1851 3 years ago

Both those gear games look cool! I can SO see more creative thought process type learning out of something like that than so many things today...but maybe thats just wishful thinking because it's neat?

1 month later
#2140 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

You mean your Ding A Ling?

His Chuck and Berrys

#2141 3 years ago

Don't think I ever heard of the vacuum former one!

Could you use it to make ramps for toy pinball machines?

#2164 3 years ago
Quoted from pinwiztom:

I have very vivid memories of several summers in Aberdeen S.D. back in late 50's and early 60s where dad splurged to by some fizzies, instead of Kool-Aid or soda pop. I think grape and root beer were my favorite flavors. Also remember the tumblers we used to drink from, and if i remember correct also from crazy straws.
[quoted image]

I've still got a couple tucked away somewhere that were my dads. Loved those! The colors were so cool that they had to be an unsafe coating

#2188 3 years ago
Quoted from electricsquirrel:

I had a Maytag model 92 that I played with when I was a kid.
I still have it.[quoted image]

I enjoyed getting to tinker with small engines when I was young.

That one is certainly a bit older, but cool.

Still running a rototiller that had a siezed up engine like 25-30 years ago so dad let me play with it. I knew nothing about it....and that's how you learn (well, pre internet and sitting on couch watching people on youtube do it). Tore it apart, lots of determination to free piston, cleaned it all up, made up some makeshift gasket material etc....still running strong, just burns some oil from the damaged/worn cylinder.

Also loved playing with old mowers you would pick up at sales/auctions for free or a couple bucks.

1 week later
#2259 3 years ago
Quoted from Indypin:

This is one thread I put a blister on my finger hitting the like button so much. So many memories! Thanks fellas.

And SOOO many cool things, that if you don't remember, you still want now!

#2293 3 years ago

Absolutely can't beat any variations of electronic lab as a cool ass present back in the day!

LOVE mine to this day.

I'm not so sure mom's vacuum appreciated all my bits of hook-up wires I'd always have dropped on the carpet, though

#2297 3 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

You guys and your electronics labs. I'd rather play with uranium.[quoted image]

No external power required!!!

#2303 3 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

These werent my Childhood memories, but I picked them up for my son. Snap Circuit, which is still available today, and
a great teaching toy, and Robotix.[quoted image][quoted image]

I think I saw those snap circuit things a couple years ago and wondered about them (I think it was at one of those places called RadioShack).

Are they kind of cool?

As a kid, I personally REALLY liked the feeling like I was wiring up my own electronics when I used all the little jumper wires (even though I had no concept of cable managment till later on and it was always a rat's nest); I could see snap together components being a lot more simple for parents and kids, though.

#2308 3 years ago

When I was young, we had this plastic cased like tabletop organ that plugged in. I recall it being like some light green/teal color, but no idea what it was...

Now, I knew I was taught not to touch the prongs or stuff things in outlets. SO...I was SMART...I held the prongs with a pair of pliers (so I wasn't technically touching them), and jammed them in the outlet. I was lucky that the pliers had rubber/foam handle grips (we had some that were old style all metal). I do not recall having ANY concept that the grips would insulate me...just that I wasn't "touching" the prongs. Well....I had to explain to dad when he got home why his white wall had a couple black marks above outlet

At least the organ still worked

#2320 3 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Between the Ages of 2 and 3, I played with this, and was pushed around by my Aunt and Cousins.
This was my Aunts old Stroller....I believe from the late 1920s-30s, By Taylor Tot.
Up and down the Driveway, in Far Rockaway, in an Old Victorian Home, that was holding in the 60s, 3 families.
The Houses were all residences, of Politicians, and Prominent New Yorkers, who moved a bit further out from Coney Island,
for the Then Remote Rockaway Beaches. It went to the Boardwalk with me as well.
Fast Forward, 1981, and I am with my wife, we are 21, and Antique Hunting in Reading, PA.
We come across a rusty one, and look at each other, and say this would be good for our Baby, sometime in the future.
By the Time our first child came, I was moving cross country, and never had the chance to restore, as my daughter grew too big.
It hung from the Garage ceiling for 30 years, and with my Granddaughter here, I felt I should restore.
A project that would take a week, with a sandblaster and a bench, took 3 months, doing on top of garbage cans, poor health, and all hand tools. Extra Holes, Wrong Bolts, Rust everywhere, and Roach cases. What a PITA!!!
But, for little Alex, it was worth it, and Ill post a Pic later, here is a Childhood toy, Restored after about 100 years, for the next generation![quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I think I remember an episode of American Restoration (back before they axed him and changed show to some stupid and completely different show but pretended they didn't), where Rick's Restorations redid one of those near exact models.

Neat!

2 weeks later
#2502 3 years ago
Quoted from plgg3:

Was a favorite for kids to see the world before TV was popular.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

For just a second, I thought that first pic said colonscope!

3 weeks later
#2737 3 years ago
Quoted from mooch:

[quoted image]

For Christmas one year, I bought a twister board game for my roommate and his girlfriend to play with me and mine.

Except I opened the game, added a couple Speedos a couple bikini sets, some baby oil, a small plastic sheet, and wrote my own instructions

It really was just a gag gift, but the best part was that they thought I had really found an adult version because I had taken it into work and used their plastic packaging machine to reseal in shrinkwrap like new

1 week later
#2820 3 years ago
Quoted from Atari_Daze:

What happened to the TYCO brand slot car tracks? Those are the ones I had as a boy.

All my friends had Tyco. I had Aurora FX sets.

#2821 3 years ago
Quoted from Rezdog:

[quoted image]

Ohh man....idk HOW many parachute guys wound up hanging from the power lines outside....or how they got there; Honest

#2860 3 years ago

I forgot, I did have this Tyco set...never could get the train cars to stay on. They just had the guide pins and linked together via little beaded chains (like keychain or dog tags have).

#2862 3 years ago

Just spent last 20 minutes trying to figure out my very last Aurora set I remembered having....I think Tomy actually owned company by this time (later 80s).

Weird set too.

#2880 3 years ago
Quoted from Rezdog:

[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]
Why no Le Le Le Leia Pet?

Must....resist....comments....about....spreading....seed....

#2884 3 years ago
Quoted from mooch:

[quoted image][quoted image]

Ahh yes, many crappy pictures of my finger taken on my 110 when I was young

My brother had that more boxy looking style (410?). I remember his pictures always being slightly different shape/sized I believe. Like a differeny aspect ratio almost?

Edit : maybe I have the old film numbers wrong....I don't recall now.

#2887 3 years ago
Quoted from mooch:

My first camera with the flash cubes and the square prints used 126 film.
Here’s an even older Kodak Brownie camera that my Mom had which took black and white photos. I never used that one.
[quoted image]

I remember when a friend and I each had a 110 camera and we found out how to make built in flash go off.

Having that flash, instead of cubes was infinite blinding fun. If you didn't have any film loaded, but thumbed advance lever over a few times, it would let you "take a picture" even without film and let flash go off.

A couple of batteries and a dark room turned into a lot of time spent having "flash wars"...no wonder I have glasses...

#2888 3 years ago
Quoted from pacmanretro:

I remember when a friend and I each had a 110 camera and we found out how to make built in flash go off.
Having that flash, instead of cubes was infinite blinding fun. If you didn't have any film loaded, but thumbed advance lever over a few times, it would let you "take a picture" even without film and let flash go off.
A couple of batteries and a dark room turned into a lot of time spent having "flash wars"...no wonder I have glasses...

When I had an old one break, I wanted to tear apart to check out guts and maybe save flash unit (but not understanding as a kid how it worked)...I first learned what a capacitor does!

#2953 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

The talking doll that started the talking stuff.
Of course, G.I. Joe was an action figure .
[quoted image]
At least Chatty Cathy had some panties on
[quoted image]

I don't think GI Joe is supposed to tell about wearing panties...

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider pacmanretro.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-were-your-favorite-childhood-toys?tu=pacmanretro and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.