stfu.gif
speedy-gonzales-movie-donald-trump (resized).jpg
IMG_4109 (resized).JPG
Screenshot_20240319-093421 (resized).png
Screenshot_20240318_220904_Chrome (resized).jpg
Unknown (resized).jpeg
2024-03-18_09-56-44 (resized).jpg
shot0037 (resized).png

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jackontherocks.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#253 8 years ago

GI Joe, transformers, gobots, Matchbox cars, Tempest, Stratego, battleship, and a few others that have been mentioned. Table top hockey, yes remember the big wheels and Frogger race car, Ominbot which stop working just like the Frogger race car both of which I still have in storage. Flying styrofoam plane gliders, NERF footballs or DJ Nerf basketball hoop. Tennis ball for butts up on anyone's garage doors, handball, and more to come when I think of them.

#349 8 years ago

Photon laser tag guns, we ran around the house like crazy playing this. Yes I enjoyed over LAser tag because you could should or hit your opponent through the center of the gun leans. We used to bounce it off the mirrors to hit each other as well.

3 weeks later
#757 7 years ago

Muppet drum set, use to bash that thing up at the age of five or younger.

2 weeks later
#787 7 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

A cheap inner tube was year round fun in Minnesota.

We have tubing down the Salt river out here in AZ tons of fun and great scenic views, sometimes wild horses and tons of craziness.

3 months later
#827 7 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Good thing I never got that aircraft carrier. I woulda had my 1st orgasm right there un the tree on Christmas morning.

I remember seeing it once in person at a friends house from my school. Anyone remember the cost back then, it was jumbo in size in a small room.

5 months later
#1069 7 years ago

I think I posted these little guys earlier in the thread, but not sure. Anyone still have them.http://nathansmuscleblog.blogspot.com/2010/03/super-rare-muscles.html#kingrobinmask

1 month later
#1090 7 years ago
Quoted from MinusWorlds:

Yeah that's my background. I've had some pretty crazy stuff. Many A list NIB's including Little Samson, Jetson's, Black Boxes etc. etc. Zelda NES Proto, Socks the Cat Proto which is being released now. Now I just collect stuff from my childhood. I did the sealed NES/SNES stuff for years. My buddy has a sealed CASE of Stadium Events. We were in an article for ESPN the Magazine last year about it...VERY VERY expensive hobby for sure. To the point where I dropped out...too much drama

I still have the boxes and instructions for all my games are they worth more, just curious to know. They are not sealed as I have played them all. Always wondered how some of these games are worth so much and we know they don't work on the system from time to time without blowing into them or whatever remedy we have all tried.

#1099 7 years ago
Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Absolutely. Box and manual average 3 to 5x the money then loose carts. And that's average titles. Generally the top loader is a more reliable system with less blinking. Qtip in rubbing alcohol to clean contacts. There's repop labels available now so watch out. They're taking $5 games and slapping labels on them to appear like they're $200 games. A collector friend bought a Flintstones last year for $250us and went to play it and it was skate or die 2.
Check pricecharting.com for values on any video games and systems. Loose, cib, nib prices, auction results and listings.

Thanks, on a side note I also am a huge Motorhead fan second favorite band and a Pens hockey fan in regards to your photo.

1 week later
#1140 6 years ago

Any one remember the Omnibot robot. Here is the link I found but it is the skinny version not the original. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Omnibot

1 year later
#1343 5 years ago

This toy A team gun was a blast. https://goo.gl/images/npHTYT

1 year later
#1654 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

I also had this one.[quoted image]

I remember playing hoops on this one.

1 week later
#1733 4 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

Who here is old enough to have had the old metal Tonka trucks?[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Still have at least two of mine in My parents house garage somewhere.

8 months later
#2022 3 years ago
Quoted from erak:

Just in the process of organizing and purging through all my old toys. To set up in the games room. And sell of doubles I picked up over the years. I lost interest in toys around the time the real Ghostbusters and tmnt came out. But I still have some of them too. At that point, it was all about getting a part time job. To pay for video games. But my parents kept my old stuff. Crazy to think some of it has lasted 40+ years in my parents basement. The marx shooting gallery is from around 1967.
I started collecting vectrex stuff again about 5 years ago.
Sold off all my Star wars toys around 2004. Made a good buck on it at the time.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I still have my mini Pac-Man game in your pic and Mini Popeye game and Omnibot well. What are they worth?

#2045 3 years ago
Quoted from erak:

Popeye would be worth the most. $350+ if stickers are good. Waaay more with the box.
Pacman $50-75 Collectors price. Usually $100+ if retail or eBay. And decent stickers. More with box.
Omnibot $75 or so without remote.and dead. With remote and good working battery and tape deck. $250+, way more with box.

Thanks had no idea. Here are pics of Pac-Man and Popeye, pretty great condition like new as I always treated my games well. Omnibot up at my parents, have remote and box but battery dead to my memory.

0E16D9DE-AA8F-465A-954F-1CEDA519D3A2 (resized).jpeg0E16D9DE-AA8F-465A-954F-1CEDA519D3A2 (resized).jpeg92FFDFD4-4FAD-49AC-9680-B663B0E877AD (resized).jpeg92FFDFD4-4FAD-49AC-9680-B663B0E877AD (resized).jpeg
2 weeks later
#2098 3 years ago
Quoted from Rezdog:

Apologize for this evening post storm... but it was a slow day at work : ) this thread is so loaded with great post from years ago that’s it’s almost impossible not to duplicate another’s pinsiders post from 2017.
Last one- who knew rubber bullets would be making a comeback in this summer of shit of 2020[quoted image]

I remember this one and lucky to have one in the past

1 week later
#2121 3 years ago
Quoted from xsvtoys:

Wow that Frogger watch is cool! I have never seen anything like it.
Check this out, asking $200 for one that doesn't even work!
ebay.com link » Rare Vintage Frogger Game Watch Nelsonic Video Arcade Sega

Not sure what mine is worth, but believe I have a Ninja Gaiden watch Like that in a box in the garage from my high school days.

http://www.gamewatchguys.com/game_watch_details.php?watchid=234&wo=

#2133 3 years ago
Quoted from zombywoof:

Been there, done that.
[quoted image]
The one about keeping sex and violence off tv, said "and back on the streets where it belongs". You gotta love Mad magazine.

It’s a great song by old time punk favorites Exploited

2 months later
#2979 3 years ago

Not sure if anyone has mentioned special old games that were on the Macintosh but here is a video of some. I remember playing Airbourne, The Fools Errand, and Apache Strike shown is this video plus whatever the skiing game was and DJ vs Larry Bird all for hrs.

2 years later
#8593 1 year ago
Quoted from girloveswaffles:

Yup. My parents had the same set of Nut Cracker and Picks. I always remember them being around.
I still have the nut cracker but the picks and the box they came in are gone though:
[quoted image]
Edit: I just noticed something. On my set the letters "HMO" is stamped on the top piece inside a circle.

We still have them and use them for our crab fests. I have the nut bowl,as well with the set

5 months later
#9131 10 months ago
Quoted from bob_e:

[quoted image]

Looks like the gun in that Beverly Hills Cop movie

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jackontherocks.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-were-your-favorite-childhood-toys?tu=jackontherocks and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.