BagofGlass (resized).jpg
434599499_10228561822663909_2493513439072746909_n (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2024-03-30 at 7.43.04 PM (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
Big Chief pad (resized).png
stfu.gif
speedy-gonzales-movie-donald-trump (resized).jpg
IMG_4109 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dothedoo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#935 7 years ago
Quoted from bowz:

This is a great thread! Dark Tower was an amazing board game for its time.
Here's a few I had that havent come up yet...

Loved the programming bug on the Coleco football for the pass play.

#937 7 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

And my Favorite and still play with, Astrolite!

Now it all makes sense!

#938 7 years ago

Cascade (resized).jpgCascade (resized).jpg

1973-Hot-Wheels-Sizzler-Road-Chase-Set (resized).jpg1973-Hot-Wheels-Sizzler-Road-Chase-Set (resized).jpg

MARX_ELECTRO_SHOT_SHOOTING_GALLERY (resized).JPGMARX_ELECTRO_SHOT_SHOOTING_GALLERY (resized).JPG

old-fashioned-skittles-game (resized).jpgold-fashioned-skittles-game (resized).jpg

1972-GiJoe-Mobile-Support-Vehicle (resized).jpg1972-GiJoe-Mobile-Support-Vehicle (resized).jpg

#944 7 years ago
Quoted from electricsquirrel:

I remember, as a kid, we visited some family friends who had one of these. The adults stayed up late playing with it in the kitchen.
My dad then made one for us. It was very popular, and as a bonus we played with our Matchbox cars on it. It is still at my parents house, and still gets used from time to time!

Funny.....I used the same photo 5 posts before.

#947 7 years ago
Quoted from AlexF:

No idea what that thing is but it looks like it might be fun?

It's a spinning top game. You start the top at one end and hope that it will go through every chamber and knock down all the pins.

If it gets in the small chambers it's pretty much guaranteed to knock down the pins, but it can easily miss them in the large open areas. Sometimes the top can get hung up in a small chamber and you end up with a really low score...which is frustrating.

#951 7 years ago
Quoted from electricsquirrel:

We always called it "Skittles".

That's what ours was called too. It was funny when you would yank the string, but it would bind and you'd move the whole board, knocking down all the pins.

#952 7 years ago
Quoted from Newport-Bill:

Wow. Looking through this thread I saw all kinds of things I had through my childhood and into my teens. My first favorites were the secret agent stuff - the Six Finger, and Mattel Zero-M line. I had the Radio Rifle, Camera pistol Pocket Shot, and Sonic Blaster. My Mom used to take that Sonic Blaster away from me all the time for shooting my sisters with it.

This is what I had for guns, yay exciting:

flying_disc_gun (resized).jpgflying_disc_gun (resized).jpgflying_saucer_gun (resized).jpgflying_saucer_gun (resized).jpgsmoke_gun (resized).jpgsmoke_gun (resized).jpg

The smoke gun was fun. It didn't shoot any projectiles. You just put a drop of oil in the barrel and it pops and smokes when you pull the trigger. I soon realized it had pretty good air pressure so I would stuff play-doh in the end of the barrel and shoot things with it.

#961 7 years ago
Quoted from G-P-E:

I also used to have the same skull madball.
How do I delete this photo below? --

Edit the post, hover over the image in the attachments box and click the x.

3 months later
#1103 7 years ago
Quoted from Manimal:

I don't even know if you can buy rolls of caps anymore, but we would literally buy boxes and boxes of those rolls and pretend-kill everything until we had blisters on our fingers. Then we would take a hammer and strike the caps to get a better bang. Loved that smell of powder burning!

Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

We dipped our rolls in gasoline, and then smacked with a hammer!
I cant believe I survived all the stuff we burned and blew up!

We used to scrape the caps with our thumbnails. They'd flame up and burn our thumbs.

8 months later
#1278 6 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Sorry, thats my older brothers closet!
Theres a full collection of Golf Toys...from the automaton table top, to arnold palmer.
a couple hundred puzzles, if I dont end up putting these in a museum.
Board games, construction stuff, strange change, tric trac, ...its a mix, and 90% is in good shape and likely $20 ish or less.
buts heres a quick pic of the first closet. Gotta run for the day, now.

Do your Pit cards have holes in them like ours do from slamming them on the bell?

1 month later
#1317 6 years ago
Quoted from jeffspinballpalace:

Bubblegum monster trading cards

Those monster trading cards were awesome......and so were the matching iron on t-shirts

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider dothedoo.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-were-your-favorite-childhood-toys?tu=dothedoo and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.