BagofGlass (resized).jpg
434599499_10228561822663909_2493513439072746909_n (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2024-03-30 at 7.43.04 PM (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
Big Chief pad (resized).png
stfu.gif
speedy-gonzales-movie-donald-trump (resized).jpg
IMG_4109 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider alexf.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#75 8 years ago

Star Wars Toys
Red Ryder BB Gun
Plastic army men
Fiberglass recurve bow and arrows
Italjet 50 mini bike
Green Machine

greenmachine_(resized).jpggreenmachine_(resized).jpg

#144 8 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

23b3083a16f5610cc59e0099f593829b_(resized).jpg

pic59245_(resized).jpg

Oh dude! That is the exact set (Battleground Playset) I had. It kept me entertained for hours.

#147 8 years ago

I always wanted this one.

Navarone_(resized).jpgNavarone_(resized).jpg

#163 8 years ago

My dad had a Kawasaki/Ski Doo dealership when I was a kid. At some point he switched from Ski Doo to Arctic Cat and I got one of these.

72pkn01_(resized).jpg72pkn01_(resized).jpg

#174 8 years ago
Quoted from electricsquirrel:

I would have sold my soul for one of those, when I was a kid!

It was a blast. I remember I would constantly get it stuck trying to blaze my own trail. I'd shuffle up to the house and tell my dad I was stuck. He would say, ok I will get it out but this is the last time. He'd end up saying that about 10 times in an afternoon. He was great.

8 months later
#929 7 years ago
Quoted from SteveO:

I got one of these as a Christmas present and found my brother playing it before it was wrapped.

I have a 1952 arcade game that is based on the same principle.

SetShotBasketball.jpgSetShotBasketball.jpg

1 week later
#945 7 years ago
Quoted from dothedoo:

Funny.....I used the same photo 5 posts before.

No idea what that thing is but it looks like it might be fun?

3 years later
#2100 3 years ago

We didn't get one but it seemed like every kid I knew had one of these.

vintage-1976-kenner-family-tree-tots_1_bf50ca8c8bc0d3eea97947a5204e60b9 (resized).jpgvintage-1976-kenner-family-tree-tots_1_bf50ca8c8bc0d3eea97947a5204e60b9 (resized).jpg
6 months later
#4358 3 years ago

We lived on a farm when I was in my early teens. We had a pond and my dad would let me drive his truck down to go fishing. Sometimes after I was done I'd like to rev the truck up and drop it in drive to see how big a tire mark I could leave in the grass. Eventually the transmission went out on it. I'm not sure it was all my fault but probably contributed to it. We were pretty poor back then and looking back I feel a little sick about it.

1 week later
#4425 3 years ago

Yesterday my wife told me on the phone that she had bought me something. When I got home this vintage slot car set was on the table. I never had a set when I was a kid but some friends did. I've been talking about how cool they were. Sweet!

EldonSlotCarsA (resized).jpgEldonSlotCarsA (resized).jpgEldonSlotCarsB (resized).jpgEldonSlotCarsB (resized).jpg
#4429 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

I have never heard of Eldon brand slot cars before.

I'm kind of new to this myself but seems to be a fairly well known brand from the early 60s. There are parts available and nice video online on how to tune-up/refurbish them. Pretty excited.

#4433 3 years ago

Something else my wife picked up for me earlier this year. 1977 Toho Godzilla (Japanese version). Has a couple flaws but pretty cool.

GodzillaToho (resized).jpgGodzillaToho (resized).jpg
#4435 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

Does she have a sister?

Yes but she's the best of the bunch.

1 week later
#4527 3 years ago
Quoted from onemoresean:

I’ve always loved these old barber chairs. I just found this one for free.
1901 Koken
[quoted image]

Wow! That's an early one. And for free!?

#4534 3 years ago

When I was a kid, my buddies dad had a scratch and sniff Hustler. Of course we were too young to know what it was supposed to smell like.

1 month later
#4903 2 years ago

I have the old lunch box. Has them all together.

eae04cbd8431a82b9bfea79a047e6af8 (resized).jpgeae04cbd8431a82b9bfea79a047e6af8 (resized).jpgxvCrW7FsdUWWNdb2GSr4Jg (resized).jpgxvCrW7FsdUWWNdb2GSr4Jg (resized).jpg
1 month later
#5272 2 years ago

Reminds me of Pee Wee's house.

4929_5 (resized).jpg4929_5 (resized).jpg
2 months later
#6097 2 years ago
Quoted from bonzo442:

Remember these from the late 60’s. My older brother had all of the monster models except this one cause I had it. They all glowed in the dark or certain parts of them. This was my favorite. The forgotten prisoner that I had also forgotten about till now
[quoted image]

I think I have the box for that one but sadly no model.

#6100 2 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Ebay.
Look what some are paying for empty Swanson TV dinner boxes !
ebay.com link: itm
ebay.com link: sch

It's crazy, but also crazy they didn't get tossed years ago.

Nostalgia is a powerful thing. This thread is all about re-living happy memories.

1 month later
#6438 2 years ago

My Dad sold them in his dealership before I was born. There were other brands too but Amphicat is what he sold. I think some guys still like them for ice fishing because they float.

1 week later
#6496 2 years ago

EvelScrambleVan (resized).jpgEvelScrambleVan (resized).jpgIsn't it funny how our memories can play tricks on us? I recently bought this Evel Scramble Van as a neat piece of nostalgia. I was sure I had this as a kid but was kind of puzzled that it didn't have the camp fire like I remembered. Then I saw one of these Canyon Rig toys on Ebay and realized that must actually be the one I had. Funny how I specifically remembered that one piece but not the rest?CanyonRig (resized).jpgCanyonRig (resized).jpg

3 weeks later
#6633 2 years ago
Quoted from Azmodeus:

I had extra images to add of her, too. But I held back.
I was going to add about how barbi benton then later attracted me. You can see the almost see the taste forming in my under ten brain.

I discovered Patti Mcguire in my dad's Playboys when I was six. Formative years indeed.

2 weeks later
#6713 2 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Stereotypical caricature type items with sinister purposes of putting down on an entire race of people. Offensive to many.

Last year my niece was playing my Frontiersman. She is one of the few family members that always enjoys playing a few games over the holidays. She's like 63% Native American. I pointed out the drunken Indian on the backglass and ask if she was offended? She just laughed and said hell no, kept playing away. Of course she had a few drinks in her at that point so maybe she wasn't thinking critically.

Edit: Not trying to make statement with this post, just thought it was funny and ironic.

4 months later
#7605 2 years ago
Quoted from Azmodeus:

I Would sure enjoy a trip to cedar pointe!
[quoted image][quoted image]

Reminds me of Fort Dells as a kid. I loved it. They would have a mock shoot out and kids could help arrest the villain Black Bart. Was pretty cool.

FortDells (resized).jpgFortDells (resized).jpg
2 months later
#7874 1 year ago

My wife and I don't smoke but have been buying vintage packs of cigarettes when we see them. They are for display in our old 1940s cigarette machine. We like to have the brands that our parents/grandparents smoked. Realistically we should probably hate them because contributed to quite a few family members deaths. It's funny though because seeing these brands around the house growing up are also a part of childhood nostalgia.
ShipmanCigaretteMachine (resized).jpgShipmanCigaretteMachine (resized).jpg

2 months later
#8204 1 year ago
Quoted from DennisDodel:

This was my first record player growing up in the 50's. Obviously played only 45's and was connected to a GE clock radio for the speaker. Worked pretty well.
I still have some of the 45's including Bill Haley and the Comets "See You Later Alligator and "Shake, Rattle and Roll".[quoted image]

Got one just like it in my gameroom.

3 months later
#8540 1 year ago

My first pinball.

vintage-gabriel-pop-pinball-game-1978_1_08ea6aab56940d9d188d6012ac4a7c1b (resized).jpgvintage-gabriel-pop-pinball-game-1978_1_08ea6aab56940d9d188d6012ac4a7c1b (resized).jpg
1 month later
#8750 1 year ago
Quoted from mbeardsley:

There are still A&Ws around in some places...this one is just a couple of miles from my work.
[quoted image]

A friend of mine took this photo of our hometown A&W a couple months ago. It's the only business that I can think of that has been there since we moved to Edgerton in 1981.

A&W (resized).jpgA&W (resized).jpg

#8763 1 year ago
Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Mmmn. Creme soda was good too. Tasted different then non a&w creme soda. Haven't had since I was a child. Too sweet for me now.
When the drive in restaurants fazed out the waitress they had a speaker to order and someone would run out to your car with your order. I also remember a tray that would attach to the driver's window? Maybe that was when they still had the waitress.

Ours still has the waitresses that run out if you want to do the drive-in. No trays anymore unfortunately. They hand you a bag. It worked out well during Covid. They closed the inside seating but could still pull up and eat.

We like Dog N Suds too when we can. There are are fewer of them around it seems. There is one just across the border in Richmond IL that we usually stop at a couple times a year.

DogNSuds (resized).jpgDogNSuds (resized).jpg
5 months later
#9326 8 months ago
Quoted from Molon_Labe:

I used to really like that show. I was always into 18 wheeler toys when I was a kid for some reason. Speaking of which, anyone remember this tune/movie?
Ah, breaker one-nine, this here's the Rubber Duck
You gotta copy on me, Pig Pen, c'mon?
Ah, yeah, 10-4, Pig Pen, fer sure, fer sure
By golly, it's clean clear to Flag Town, c'mon
Yeah, that's a big 10-4 there, Pig Pen
Yeah, we definitely got the front door, good buddy
Mercy sake's alive, looks like we got us a convoy

Speaking of childhood memories... When I was kid we would go on snowmobile trips in Northern Wi. The placed we rented a cabin from had a lodge. We would go there for breakfast and hang out at in the evening. My parents would sit at the bar and my dad would hand my sister and I handful of quarters to keep us busy. One of my first memories of playing pinball and EM arcades.

They also had a jukebox. And at the time I thought "Convoy" was a badass song. I discovered it on there and played it repeatedly. After a couple times some of the bar patrons started to groan. By about the fourth time someone said something to the effect of "who keeps giving that kid quarters?" Ha ha. My dad told me to cut it out and play pinball.

4 months later
#9644 3 months ago
Quoted from Oldgoat:

I remember a number of years ago, we took a vacation to Alaska. First day in Juneau it was "Wow!, look a bald eagle!" "I see an eagle" "Look, there's another eagle" By about day three, you hardly notice them. So, while there were certainly some nice views at times, it plaled in comparison to the previous week.

My wife and I went to Alaska a few years back. Like you say when we see an eagle in Wi it feels like a big deal. A special treat that elevates your day kind of thing. In Juneau we drove past Home Depot and they were a bunch just chilling on the dumpster. Ha ha.

Here's one hanging out on a big whale statue fountain in town.
IMG_0841 (resized).JPGIMG_0841 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider alexf.
Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-were-your-favorite-childhood-toys?tu=alexf and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.