BagofGlass (resized).jpg
434599499_10228561822663909_2493513439072746909_n (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2024-03-30 at 7.43.04 PM (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
Big Chief pad (resized).png
stfu.gif
speedy-gonzales-movie-donald-trump (resized).jpg
IMG_4109 (resized).JPG
There are 9,757 posts in this topic. You are on page 37 of 196.
#1801 4 years ago

Gilbert Atomic Energy Lab

but I was not able to build a thermonuclear firecracker that would make a 1 foot tall mushroom cloud.

atomic (resized).jpgatomic (resized).jpg
#1802 4 years ago
Quoted from Atari_Daze:

Anyone else have a cat that would eat the stuff, it would get stuck half way out and the cat would chase its own ass around the house trying to get it loose? Funny but sad at the same time.

ROFLOL. Sometime you just can't.

#1803 4 years ago

1970’s BSA Bullet bicycle, went everywhere on it. My mum would get on a bus and I would race her to my aunts about 6 miles away.
Wish I was that fit now!!!

B74CE46A-FA29-455E-8BC1-A4F2920C4A1A (resized).jpegB74CE46A-FA29-455E-8BC1-A4F2920C4A1A (resized).jpeg
#1804 4 years ago
8baca8d2152c4252c87c9cca391fcbff (resized).jpg8baca8d2152c4252c87c9cca391fcbff (resized).jpg
#1805 4 years ago

Of course, a firearm is not a "toy", but this brought me countless hours of enjoyment, as a wee lad.

ruger1022 (resized).jpgruger1022 (resized).jpg
#1806 4 years ago
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#1807 4 years ago

Bmx,rc cars

#1808 4 years ago
Quoted from DennisDodel:

[quoted image]

Only a lefty will notice that Lucas McCain was a left-hander.

#1809 4 years ago
Quoted from bob_e:

Gilbert Atomic Energy Lab
but I was not able to build a thermonuclear firecracker that would make a 1 foot tall mushroom cloud.[quoted image]

I had to check this out.

Wikipedia has an interesting write up on it.

For dangerous toys, this kit was #2. #1 was Lawn Darts. Makes me glad I just played with the mercury from washing machine switches

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gilbert_U-238_Atomic_Energy_Laboratory

#1810 4 years ago

I bought a set of illegal lawn darts (the pointy kind)from an antique shop last year.
Funny that you can buy firearms but pointy lawn darts are a no no.

#1811 4 years ago

I loved my Crosman 760 Pumpmaster. It was a mid 60s model, back when they were still made with real wood and steel. I had inherited it from my older brother. By the time it got to me, he was toting an M16 for Uncle Sam.

Not my photoNot my photo

#1812 4 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

I bought a set of illegal lawn darts (the pointy kind)from an antique shop last year.

Funny that you can buy a BB gun but no lawn darts.

A set of lawn darts went through the Friday night auction several weeks ago; The auction does not care. It cleans out grandpa's house before the estate sale and what ever grandpa had gets sold.

#1813 4 years ago
Quoted from zombywoof:

I loved my Crosman 760 Pumpmaster. It was a mid 60s model, back when they were still made with real wood and steel. I had inherited it from my older brother. By the time it got to me, he was toting an M16 for Uncle Sam.
[quoted image]

Oh man, I had a Crosman 766 air rifle with a scope as a kid - it was the envy of the entire neighborhood of Daisy owners. We would have bb-gun fights in the woods by our neighborhood and while everyone else could use the full power of their guns, the rules limited me to just 2 pumps (I normally did 10 when shooting) since my gun was so powerful.

We never put any eyes out (didn't even wear protection), but rules were to aim below the neck. We had a multitude of kids crying and bb's lodged in the skin, but the shootouts were a staple of our youth during the long summers off from school.

#1814 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

We would have bb-gun fights in the woods by our neighborhood and while everyone else could use the full power of their guns, the rules limited me to just 2 pumps (I normally did 10 when shooting) since my gun was so powerful.
We never put any eyes out (didn't even wear protection), but rules were to aim below the neck. We have a multitude of kids crying and bb's lodged in the skin, but the shootouts were a staple of our youth during the long summers off from school.

Man, you Texas boys got with the program !

#1815 4 years ago

We kids ran around with our Rambo knives, sharpening them with the stone.
Good times man!

9200000055530635 (resized).jpg9200000055530635 (resized).jpg
#1816 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Man, you Texas boys got with the program !

Well, I was actually an Oklahoma boy (Tulsa), but I imagine not much would be different here in Texas - no mama's boys back in the day.

We would also have dirt clod fights as kids. The dividing line was the creek, and rules were basically the same as dodgeball but with hard chunks of dirt (rules were that they had to be baseball size or smaller, and no rocks or you would get beat up by the other kids). Again, there was some pain and crying at times, but nobody told any of our parents so we had some great clean (well dirty) fun. The best ones were when I went to my friend's grandma's house in your neck of the woods - Caney, KS. Me, my friend, and his big brother and friends were all baseball players with good arms. It was fun for a change inflicting pain on the Kansas kids instead of each other.

Too bad paintball didn't exist back then, as that would have probably been a much better option for us.

#1817 4 years ago
Quoted from jorro:

We kids ran around with our Rambo knives, sharpening them with the stone.
Good times man![quoted image]

I bought one of these style of survival knife once, total crap the threaded tang went into the handle, held in place with a nutt. that where it failed.

#1818 4 years ago

We had pop bottle rocket and roman candle fights. It was stupid but that's what being a kid is.

#1819 4 years ago

One of my fav's as a teen hoodlum, take dry ice, insert into a plastic 2L bottle, add a couple cups of H2O, seal lid and run like hell.
I even made a PVC cannon to create a nice deep sonic boom for the 4th of July and on Jan 1st.

As a more adventurous teen, substitute the above with glass, foil balls and pool acid, place mixture into culvert pipe and listen for the boom.

Good times, miraculously, I still have all my digits and no acid burns either. How did I manage that?!

#1820 4 years ago
Quoted from Atari_Daze:

One of my fav's as a teen hoodlum, take dry ice, insert into a plastic 2L bottle, add a couple cups of H2O, seal lid and run like hell.
I even made a PVC cannon to create a nice deep sonic boom for the 4th of July and on Jan 1st.
As a more adventurous teen, substitute the above with glass, foil balls and pool acid, place mixture into culvert pipe and listen for the boom.
Good times, miraculously, I still have all my digits and no acid burns either. How did I manage that?!

Sounds like we need to be discussing your misspent youth. . It sounds so familiar.

#1821 4 years ago
Quoted from bob_e:

I bought one of these style of survival knife once, total crap the threaded tang went into the handle, held in place with a nutt. that where it failed.

I must say as a 10yo it didnt bother me I felt like Rambo!

#1822 4 years ago
Quoted from Cybergoonie:

I havvvve the powwwwweeer!!!!

[quoted image]

This would make a great pinball machine

#1823 4 years ago

Assortment of 80s and 90s toys

IMG_20200418_090121209 (resized).jpgIMG_20200418_090121209 (resized).jpg
#1824 4 years ago
Quoted from I-Closed-Wolskis:

Assortment of 80s and 90s toys[quoted image]

Do I see...............Don "The Majic Man" Majkowski?

#1825 4 years ago
Quoted from gliebig:

I bought my set at a church garage sale!

#1826 4 years ago

nice collection! I bought the 2 foot tall Devastator for my son a few years back (he was WAY too young) and eventually just took it back.. LOL. Transformers not his thing. Very cool Menasor and (I think?) Superion

#1827 4 years ago

I like the Mr. Yuck stickers

#1828 4 years ago

.... your favorite childhood toys?

Mine, Pinball.

#1829 3 years ago

Cap bombs
I forgot about this thing.

#1830 3 years ago

Nice book from Beetlejuice!

#1831 3 years ago
Quoted from vec-tor:

Cap bombs
[quoted image]
I forgot about this thing.

LOVED those things!

#1832 3 years ago

I've had this creepy monkey since I was around 10 years old.

IMG_0382 (resized).JPGIMG_0382 (resized).JPG
#1833 3 years ago
Quoted from onemoresean:

I've had this creepy monkey since I was around 10 years old.[quoted image]

Isn’t that the same one that they used in Close Encounters of the Third Kind?

#1834 3 years ago

A 40 mhp go-kart! I raced it down our neighborhood streets until the clutch finally blew into pieces all over the place. Even drove it on the snow. Fun! (does this count as a "toy"?)

#1835 3 years ago
Quoted from TheRudyB:

Isn’t that the same one that they used in Close Encounters of the Third Kind?

Yes

IMG_0383 (resized).PNGIMG_0383 (resized).PNG
#1836 3 years ago

Loved building with this.

2 weeks later
#1837 3 years ago

I may consider selling mine after seeing this. I have a box and both yellow circles. Wonder what i could get for them?

http://bid.schmalzauctions.com/4-LAWN-DARS-2-YELLOW-2-RED-i36762420

*edit* link doesn't work for some reason. Search schmalz auctions, item# 237 on today's auction

#1838 3 years ago

My most used toy these days is my face mask.

3 weeks later
#1839 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Only a lefty will notice that Lucas McCain was a left-hander.

I am right handed but I can only shoot a rifle left-handed for some reason... Realized this when I was 12 with my first Daisy BB rifle.

#1840 3 years ago
Quoted from Mr68:

My most used toy these days is my face mask.

So much for the Face Recognition software they have been working on in major cities to identify people...

#1841 3 years ago

I saved coins I found on the floor in 1965, when I was only 5, to buy this Jett Putt Golf!
Small styrofoam balls, and a puff of Air.
35 Years later, it became my Sons Favorite Toy.
My grandaughter will see it soon.

#1842 3 years ago

The X-15 V-rroom by Mattel. Welcome to the space age!

photojottings.com-kodak-moment-13-the-batmobile-x-15-bmc4-1024x741 (resized).jpgphotojottings.com-kodak-moment-13-the-batmobile-x-15-bmc4-1024x741 (resized).jpg
#1843 3 years ago
Quoted from CUJO:

I am right handed but I can only shoot a rifle left-handed for some reason... Realized this when I was 12 with my first Daisy BB rifle.

I am left handed but swing a bat right handed. My dad was right handed and swung left. When I was a kid and wanting a guitar, the music instrument sales rep told me to learn to play a right handed guitar as lefty guitars had to be special ordered. Today, I could not play a right handed guitar if tried. I can't play guitar anyway, but that is a different story

#1844 3 years ago

I'm a lefty, swing a bat right , golf right and play pool right handed.

#1845 3 years ago

I have my pants tailored to the left.

#1846 3 years ago

smdm toys.

2FA2ABC7-6AE4-454A-AE6B-7A19D27BE586 (resized).jpeg2FA2ABC7-6AE4-454A-AE6B-7A19D27BE586 (resized).jpeg420D981C-5013-44D7-A4BA-D9EE3C49B806 (resized).jpeg420D981C-5013-44D7-A4BA-D9EE3C49B806 (resized).jpeg966FCDD0-F87D-4869-9C27-9E1C050BA42A (resized).jpeg966FCDD0-F87D-4869-9C27-9E1C050BA42A (resized).jpegCB9248C6-B6A1-4E07-814C-AF7E486AF13B (resized).jpegCB9248C6-B6A1-4E07-814C-AF7E486AF13B (resized).jpeg
#1847 3 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

I am left handed but swing a bat right handed. My dad was right handed and swung left. When I was a kid and wanting a guitar, the music instrument sales rep told me to learn to play a right handed guitar as lefty guitars had to be special ordered. Today, I could not play a right handed guitar if tried. I can't play guitar anyway, but that is a different story

But I do shoot a handgun right handed...

3 weeks later
#1848 3 years ago

So I've noticed since this covid crap has started a increase in spending at auctions. Seen some pretty crazy/insanely high prices but this past Saturdays auction by far takes the cake. Showed my wife and she said if I can get anywhere near $200 for our set in box, sell them

20200707_074018.jpg20200707_074018.jpg
2 weeks later
#1849 3 years ago

Mr. Machine

mrm1 (resized).jpgmrm1 (resized).jpgmrm2 (resized).jpgmrm2 (resized).jpg
#1850 3 years ago

Dug this out of the closet! A Favorite of my now grown kids.
Cleaned it up, for when the grand daughter is ready.
They really loved it, and it helped teach forward thought processing, and fun!

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
There are 9,757 posts in this topic. You are on page 37 of 196.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-were-your-favorite-childhood-toys/page/37?hl=manadams and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.