stfu.gif
speedy-gonzales-movie-donald-trump (resized).jpg
IMG_4109 (resized).JPG
Screenshot_20240319-093421 (resized).png
Screenshot_20240318_220904_Chrome (resized).jpg
Unknown (resized).jpeg
2024-03-18_09-56-44 (resized).jpg
shot0037 (resized).png
There are 9,751 posts in this topic. You are on page 34 of 196.
#1651 4 years ago

“ started buying some action figures” lol

I think you bought them all.

#1652 4 years ago
Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Boglins! Forgot all about them. Did anyone else have madballs?[quoted image]

Anyone ever win a Madball out or one of there games?
Pot Shot (resized).jpgPot Shot (resized).jpg

#1653 4 years ago

I tried to get Wham-o to make Pinball rubbers out of Super Ball Material several times, and as early as 1975.
We cored some post rubbers from Golf Super Balls, and I loved them!

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#1654 4 years ago
Quoted from Mr_Tantrum:

I also had this one.[quoted image]

I remember playing hoops on this one.

#1655 4 years ago

Back in the day , this was Hi-tech .. I still have them both

5354A584-A0C3-4143-8EE9-490A4ADE61F5 (resized).jpeg5354A584-A0C3-4143-8EE9-490A4ADE61F5 (resized).jpegEF62FDBB-8873-4F2B-A585-C5E7D0CF94CC (resized).jpegEF62FDBB-8873-4F2B-A585-C5E7D0CF94CC (resized).jpeg
#1656 4 years ago
barney (resized).jpgbarney (resized).jpg
#1657 4 years ago
Quoted from girloveswaffles:

Anyone ever win a Madball out or one of there games?
[quoted image]

I've definitely never seen that before. Any redemption style game where you got to manually work something I've always been attracted to. I still drop a loonie or two into crane games when I walk by them and see something I want. I also like watching coins go around in circles on those donation wishing well things at the mall.

#1658 4 years ago

Nothing better than a vintage toys and vídeo consoles .

Gustavo

image1.jpegimage1.jpegimage1.jpegimage1.jpeg
#1659 4 years ago

Every years most popular toy explained from 1969 on

#1660 4 years ago
Quoted from Haggy38:

Gustavo[quoted image][quoted image]

Love the Atari Lynx! Still play mine as well!!! This is how I got to play Elvira and the Party Monsters and Police Force back in the day-

6B9DE680-3B7F-4977-B713-80FC95AFDF16 (resized).jpeg6B9DE680-3B7F-4977-B713-80FC95AFDF16 (resized).jpeg3D78B509-20EF-471A-82DB-614A757E3B35 (resized).jpeg3D78B509-20EF-471A-82DB-614A757E3B35 (resized).jpegC62248C0-3083-40F6-8F73-7C7BA4601C7A (resized).jpegC62248C0-3083-40F6-8F73-7C7BA4601C7A (resized).jpeg01F07491-D03C-4BFC-AC97-7EBA6AE7AF40 (resized).jpeg01F07491-D03C-4BFC-AC97-7EBA6AE7AF40 (resized).jpegC50100EE-7FFB-46D7-9799-FA37CFB496B9 (resized).jpegC50100EE-7FFB-46D7-9799-FA37CFB496B9 (resized).jpegD9CD21D2-9BDE-4FCA-8306-539D767C1A48 (resized).jpegD9CD21D2-9BDE-4FCA-8306-539D767C1A48 (resized).jpegE55C7F50-C9EE-4F83-B29B-264CBDBD32A2 (resized).jpegE55C7F50-C9EE-4F83-B29B-264CBDBD32A2 (resized).jpeg
#1661 4 years ago

I was cursed when it came to the Lynx. I got one for my b-day as a kid and played it all the time. It would always outright die on me and I'd take it to Toys R Us and they would swap it out for a new one, no questions asked. I swapped it at least 4 times, and then they didn't sell the Lynx anymore...

It was like it would always overheat and kill it while I was playing.

#1662 4 years ago

I got my lynx new from an outlet store.
What I didn't realize was that Toys R Us was already pulling games for it off shelves.

Had to call 1 800 GO ATARI and order a few directly.

Wish 800 number would still do the trick these days

#1663 4 years ago
Quoted from iamdrunker:

Not setup correctly. White on right, Queen on her own color. The board seems to be made incorrectly.

You are correct, I believe. Dark color on the left; Light color on the right. This board needs rotated 90 degrees. The light color queen will be to the king's left. The the dark color queen to the king's right.

Interesting that happened on this nice chess set. I'm guessing the play field/board was bonded on after the framing was made an someone installed it incorrectly and inspection did not catch it.

Screen Shot 2019-12-03 at 10.54.05 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2019-12-03 at 10.54.05 PM (resized).png

Quoted from jamesmc:

I know little about chess and the civil war. My granddaughter and I thought it looked cool and might help her learn a little history and a little chess. And I can have cool little statues of people who had a part in our history.

It is a beautiful chess set with a minor issue. You need to rotate your King and Queen on the Union side. And just play with the colors as they are or rotate the table 90 degrees for play action.

Here is a pic of one like yours but the board is oriented correctly.

Screen Shot 2019-12-03 at 11.14.20 PM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2019-12-03 at 11.14.20 PM (resized).png

If it is Franklin Mint, I'd send them a picture and rub their noses in it. Maybe they will send you a replacement just to keep you quiet

Maybe yours in one-of-a-kind and will be worth a fortune like a U.S. stamp that had a mistake made and only 4 or 5 were produced.

Here is the email address.

https://www.franklinmint.com/help/?faqView=ask

#1664 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

You are correct, I believe. Dark color on the left; Light color on the right. This board needs rotated 90 degrees. The light color queen will be to the king's left. The the dark color queen to the king's right.
Interesting that happened on this nice chess set. I'm guessing the play field/board was bonded on after the framing was made an someone installed it incorrectly and inspection did not catch it.
[quoted image]

It is a beautiful chess set with a minor issue. You need to rotate your King and Queen on the Union side. And just play with the colors as they are or rotate the table 90 degrees for play action.
Here is a pic of one like yours but the board is oriented correctly.
[quoted image]
If it is Franklin Mint, I'd send them a picture and rub their noses in it. Maybe they will send you a replacement just to keep you quiet
Maybe yours in one-of-a-kind and will be worth a fortune like a U.S. stamp that had a mistake made and only 4 or 5 were produced.
Here is the email address.
https://www.franklinmint.com/help/?faqView=ask

Thank you for showing me. Operator error. So my son in law said we should play a game. I starting thinking this kid came to my mortgage school 13 years ago and took an entrance exam after I grilled him and explained in detail our curriculum. Poor kid failed the test after I intimidated the hell out of him. I tend to test higher than my bachelor's degree, and tied my wife on the many different tests our school would use as we would compete when we first received the tests. I now think the kid might beat me as I can't even put the board on correctly. I'm sure I could handle anything he would say, but I'm afraid of the once a month jab my wife would throw at me because of losing to him. She doesn't play fair.

20191204_063444 (resized).jpg20191204_063444 (resized).jpg20191204_063748 (resized).jpg20191204_063748 (resized).jpg
#1665 4 years ago
Quoted from Haggy38:

Gustavo[quoted image][quoted image]

I've thought a few times about getting into collecting Lynx. It's the one vintage handheld console that I've never owned, not sure why. Right now I am in the Game Gear collecting phase so I restore and repair them. Starting to get worn out on them though so that may be the open door to get into Lynx.

#1666 4 years ago

I used a phantom tank type bike to deliver some newspapers as a kid. It wasn't anywhere near as nice as this one though.

20191129_141650 (resized).jpg20191129_141650 (resized).jpg
#1667 4 years ago
Quoted from jamesmc:

Thank you for showing me. Operator error. So my son in law said we should play a game. I starting thinking this kid came to my mortgage school 13 years ago and took an entrance exam after I grilled him and explained in detail our curriculum. Poor kid failed the test after I intimidated the hell out of him. I tend to test higher than my bachelor's degree, and tied my wife on the many different tests our school would use as we would compete when we first received the tests. I now think the kid might beat me as I can't even put the board on correctly. I'm sure I could handle anything he would say, but I'm afraid of the once a month jab my wife would throw at me because of losing to him. She doesn't play fair.[quoted image][quoted image]

So the board is not fixed. Interesting.

#1668 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

So the board is not fixed. Interesting.

Used for storing the pieces. But I enjoy looking at the pieces on the board and learning about these people so I keep them on the board. The civil war artist who designed this set did a great job.

#1669 4 years ago
Quoted from jamesmc:

But I enjoy looking at the pieces on the board and learning about these people so I keep them on the board.

I don't blame you. It is a beautiful chess set worthy of display.

#1670 4 years ago
Quoted from sohchx:

Starting to get worn out on them though so that may be the open door to get into Lynx.

My question after my experience with all the failures I experienced as a kid: how do you keep one running?

#1671 4 years ago

I liked the Lynx because of the size. Used to take it with me while on vacation or I would sit outside and play. My favorite game is probably Checkered Flag although I also played a lot of Joust and Xybots.

Just sold it recently on eBay as I now play the games on my Pi. I still have my Lynx multicart to sell.

#1672 4 years ago
Quoted from VectorGamer:

I liked the Lynx because of the size. Used to take it with me while on vacation or I would sit outside and play. My favorite game is probably Checkered Flag although I also played a lot of Joust and Xybots.
Just sold it recently on eBay as I now play the games on my Pi. I still have my Lynx multicart to sell.

I hadn't ever seen multicart for lynx. That sounds pretty cool.
Mind if I ask what those cost about?

#1673 4 years ago
Quoted from pacmanretro:

I hadn't ever seen multicart for lynx. That sounds pretty cool.
Mind if I ask what those cost about?

Here's the thread.
https://atariage.com/forums/topic/250637-lynx-multi-card-preorders

Edited because search on AtariAge sucks

#1674 4 years ago
2lOI.gif2lOI.gifEHva.gifEHva.gifEgoo.gifEgoo.gifP6Km.gifP6Km.gif
#1675 4 years ago
1geR.gif1geR.gif2NoD.gif2NoD.gif5l2E.gif5l2E.gif9EF6.gif9EF6.gifC2TU.gifC2TU.gifEtU.gifEtU.gifJoJr.gifJoJr.gif
#1676 4 years ago

Old family photos have been rolling in for scanning projects. Here are some real-deal toys from the early 60s, not sure what some of them even are. I remember the sled that's for sure, spent half a lifetime on that thing. Not much resolution in these tiny old pics of course so you can't zoom in much to see what's what.

1960s Christmas tree presents (resized).jpg1960s Christmas tree presents (resized).jpg

1963 Christmas presents (resized).jpg1963 Christmas presents (resized).jpg

#1677 4 years ago

Dont see Tinsel anymore!

#1678 4 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Dont see Tinsel anymore!

Because it was made of Lead.

#1679 4 years ago
Quoted from xsvtoys:

Old family photos have been rolling in for scanning projects. Here are some real-deal toys from the early 60s, not sure what some of them even are. I remember the sled that's for sure, spent half a lifetime on that thing. Not much resolution in these tiny old pics of course so you can't zoom in much to see what's what.
[quoted image]
[quoted image]

This I love.
Please post whatever else you may have.

#1680 4 years ago

"We couldn't afford tinsel so we'd wait till grandpa sneezed"

Rodney Dangerfield

#1681 4 years ago
Quoted from jhanley:

Dang, you're right. I learned something new today. No wonder my brain is so messed up!

#1682 4 years ago
Quoted from jhanley:

And it got everywhere!

#1683 4 years ago
Quoted from xsvtoys:

Dang, you're right. I learned something new today. No wonder my brain is so messed up!

You weren't supposed to eat the shit It was to hang ON the tree.

#1684 4 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

You weren't supposed to eat the shit It was to hang ON the tree.

Oh. Dammit now you tell me. Well, at least breaking open glass thermometers and playing around with the mercury was OK to do

#1685 4 years ago

NASA Legos rocked my world!

5335B721-30BF-4AC6-A40B-2A796F3BF4B8 (resized).jpeg5335B721-30BF-4AC6-A40B-2A796F3BF4B8 (resized).jpeg697D8193-1DF0-4C7E-B344-E45F25D55BC6 (resized).jpeg697D8193-1DF0-4C7E-B344-E45F25D55BC6 (resized).jpeg
#1686 4 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

This I love.
Please post whatever else you may have.

There's probably a lot more, but I have a stack to get to for the scanning project and its taking some time.

Here's another one, its me with this one, but I can't remember this toy at all. Pretty darn cool-looking though. This should be 1964 or 1965,

Christmas remote control guns (resized).jpgChristmas remote control guns (resized).jpg

#1687 4 years ago
Quoted from 2pupPinz:

NASA Legos rocked my world![quoted image][quoted image]

Ahhh, the rare 1593. That's the only space set from Insectoids back that I don't have original instructions for. So yeah, space legos were my thing too. Used to have a 6X8 double decker layout at my parents house. It was pretty cool, there was a road and a monorail connecting the two levels. Been looking for a pic, but no luck yet. Thinking of selling the whole lot since I don't have a good place for them.

#1688 4 years ago
Quoted from jaytrem:

Ahhh, the rare 1593. That's the only space set from Insectoids back that I don't have original instructions for. So yeah, space legos were my thing too. Used to have a 6X8 double decker layout at my parents house. It was pretty cool, there was a road and a monorail connecting the two levels. Been looking for a pic, but no luck yet. Thinking of selling the whole lot since I don't have a good place for them.

I had a ton of 80's space Legos. Great memories getting those sets for Christmas and hours playing with them. I had the same problem, though. Wanted to keep them but didn't know what to do with them. It would be awesome to have room to have them all on display. Did you have any pics of that setup?

#1689 4 years ago
Quoted from xsvtoys:

There's probably a lot more, but I have a stack to get to for the scanning project and its taking some time.
Here's another one, its me with this one, but I can't remember this toy at all. Pretty darn cool-looking though. This should be 1964 or 1965,
[quoted image]

Thanks. Your pictures really look like the kind of Christmas i would have killed for when I was a kid. Those toys are awesome.

#1690 4 years ago
Quoted from HC2016:

Back in the day , this was Hi-tech .. I still have them both[quoted image][quoted image]

Oh crap. Forgot about computer command! 3 years ago I got a Big Trak via Amazon UK for the kids.

#1691 4 years ago
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#1692 4 years ago
Quoted from jawjaw:

I had a ton of 80's space Legos. Great memories getting those sets for Christmas and hours playing with them. I had the same problem, though. Wanted to keep them but didn't know what to do with them. It would be awesome to have room to have them all on display. Did you have any pics of that setup?

I know pics exist, I just haven't found them yet. My grandparents were the ones who would buy them for my birthday every year. Even back then I was a bargain hunter. We would wait until Bradlees had a big sale and then go on senior citizen day for an additional 10% off. At some point I managed to figure out that they had different sets in Europe. This was before the internet, so I don't recall how I figured that out. I managed to get a catalog from a toy store somewhere in Europe that would ship to the US. I think that was with the help of a Scandinavian neighbor. So then I was able to get my hands on the Europe only sets. Took forever for the first package to show up, but what a day when it finally did!!! Eventually I was able to pick up the older European ones that I missed on rec.toys.lego. Would be cool to set them back up, but I like our house and there really isn't a good place for them.

#1693 4 years ago
Quoted from Mike_J:

Thanks. Your pictures really look like the kind of Christmas i would have killed for when I was a kid. Those toys are awesome.

When I look back and think back of being a kid, I am amazed actually. I was the oldest, but eventually there were 4 of us, and my parents had next to nothing I can assure you. My dad was an airman in the USAF and the pay was probably about $20 a week back then or something. I don't know how they did it, but we always seemed OK and we always had a great Christmas as far as I remember.

Here is one from 1958 (3 yrs old for me). Another gun (plenty of guns back then LOL), cool-looking rocket, Roy Rogers outfit, cool truck. Some sort of blocks. I can't make out what the flat thing on the left is.

1958 Christmas (resized).jpg1958 Christmas (resized).jpg
#1694 4 years ago

Looks like a clock in a picture frame?

#1695 4 years ago
Quoted from jaytrem:

I know pics exist, I just haven't found them yet. My grandparents were the ones who would buy them for my birthday every year. Even back then I was a bargain hunter. We would wait until Bradlees had a big sale and then go on senior citizen day for an additional 10% off. At some point I managed to figure out that they had different sets in Europe. This was before the internet, so I don't recall how I figured that out. I managed to get a catalog from a toy store somewhere in Europe that would ship to the US. I think that was with the help of a Scandinavian neighbor. So then I was able to get my hands on the Europe only sets. Took forever for the first package to show up, but what a day when it finally did!!! Eventually I was able to pick up the older European ones that I missed on rec.toys.lego. Would be cool to set them back up, but I like our house and there really isn't a good place for them.

That's awesome. Legos have always been expensive. Once in a while I will see a cool new set but don't buy because always expensive. I didn't know Europe had different sets. Afraid to look more into that or I might want to start collecting sets!

#1696 4 years ago

Remember this bike "mod"? Rev it up to make a motorcycle sound

Vintage-1976-Ideal-Bicycle-R-R-R-Raw-Power-Motorcycle-Engine (resized).jpgVintage-1976-Ideal-Bicycle-R-R-R-Raw-Power-Motorcycle-Engine (resized).jpg
#1697 4 years ago

^^^^^^^ when u couldn’t afford that we went with a can on the back tire lodged against the frame to make that noise. Lol

#1698 4 years ago
Quoted from winteriscoming:

My question after my experience with all the failures I experienced as a kid: how do you keep one running?

You asking about the Game Gear??

#1699 4 years ago
Quoted from finman2000:

Remember this bike "mod"? Rev it up to make a motorcycle sound[quoted image]

bike-noisemaker (resized).jpgbike-noisemaker (resized).jpg
#1700 4 years ago

This is where my pinball obsession began! The "Big 5 Poosh-M-Up"...I absolutely loved this toy when I was 2 years old...I've owned it for 60 years now, and still get it out now and then and shoot a few balls. HUO!!!
Getting it out for the photo reminds me that I want to clean it up and put some new balls in it...
I've seen lots of these around, but I'm really glad to still have my original.
DCPs5in1PushEmUp (resized).jpgDCPs5in1PushEmUp (resized).jpg

There are 9,751 posts in this topic. You are on page 34 of 196.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-were-your-favorite-childhood-toys/page/34?hl=vectorgamer and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.