3 years ago

Topic Stats

• 1,526 posts
  • 312 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 days ago by bob_e
  • Topic is favorited by 55 Pinsiders

You

Topic Gallery

There have been 1,203 images uploaded to this topic. (View topic image gallery).

20190817_120706.jpg
20190817_094151.jpg
Screenshot_20190817-031220 (resized).png
3393039614_85086e8d42_z (resized).jpg
20190816_183839.jpg
20190816_183651.jpg
20190816_183804.jpg
20190816_183949.jpg
Screen Shot 2019-08-10 at 3.06.49 PM (resized).png
Screen Shot 2019-08-10 at 3.05.59 PM (resized).png
5451n (resized).jpeg
10294m (resized).jpeg
super.gif
20190810_085141 (resized).jpg
timg (resized).jpg
xmcxom47kbpz (resized).jpg

There are 1526 posts in this topic. You are on page 30 of 31.
#1451 49 days ago

Lincoln Logs, Erector set, Pong game, Atari 2600, Turbo Graphx, TI-99/4A, IBM-PC, in that order...
After that, I just started taking anything electronic apart that did not work, to see what was inside...

#1452 49 days ago

I still have these in the game closet.

IMG_9148 (resized).JPG
#1453 49 days ago
giphy.gif
#1456 49 days ago

I had the right white football game when I was in 8th grade... 1980. It really seems very prehistoric compared to games nowadays.

I've picked up the other games along the way I remember from back then for display/nostalgia.

20190704_210100 (resized).jpg20190704_205824 (resized).jpg
2 weeks later
#1457 33 days ago

As a kid, around 11 or 12 Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles were the last toy i can remember buying before moving on to better things. Mostly pinball and women! I was at a auction today and i scored some original tmnt! They're missing their weapons but I had that nostalgia feeling and just had to have them Somebody else must have had the same feeling cause I got into a bidding war and and paid way too much. Haha

20190720_203833.jpg
#1459 32 days ago

Just got it running again. Had this new in 85 when I was 6!

20190701_181826 (resized).jpg
#1460 32 days ago
Quoted from McPin54:

Just got it running again. Had this new in 85 when I was 6![quoted image]

And you are still alive to talk about it !

#1461 32 days ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

And you are still alive to talk about it !

Lol. If you hit the gas and shift it will flip regardless how big you are.

My wife is not happy that our 2 girls are riding it!

20190701_175947 (resized).jpg
#1462 32 days ago

Just have to be careful!

#1463 32 days ago

We had gravel roads at our summer cabin where the corners would dip down. Every summer there would be 2 or 3 kids who would flip their trike rounding those corners. Once one of the back wheels leave the ground, they roll. I remember one kid in about 86 hurt themselves bad enough they had to be air lifted to a hospital. That was pretty much the last summer I saw trikes around the cabin and beach.

#1464 32 days ago

No doubt. I use the governor on the throttle to help control their top speed. Not a save all but it prevents them from flying around those corners.

#1465 32 days ago

I had bought a Gas Dale Earnhardt Go Kart for my son when he was young.
He had experience with Go Karts.
Fired it up and he went around the neighborhood, only to crash!
He never rode again.
Forgot to check if the brakes were working! They werent...stupid me.

#1466 32 days ago

How many of you guys played this?

#1467 28 days ago

I used to have a good time making noise with playing cards on my bike spokes. More fun was watching the adults trying to play some cards with a deck that had been raided

Screen Shot 2019-07-25 at 11.57.43 AM (resized).png

#1468 28 days ago

#1469 28 days ago

3752C8A4-D51F-4BDD-8ABF-2BAA9967B304 (resized).jpeg

Nothing really changes, sigh!

#1470 27 days ago

Another jump scare game.

#1471 27 days ago

Curse of the Cobra

Strange game. Who wins?

I’d like to know how this one works. Something is spinning inside but I’m curious about the trigger mechanism

#1472 26 days ago
pasted_image (resized).png
#1473 24 days ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Curse of the Cobra
Strange game. Who wins?
I’d like to know how this one works. Something is spinning inside but I’m curious about the trigger mechanism

Last man standing wins, basically a two player unless you're cool with multiple winners or one loser.
Not sure how it works, never took it apart.

#1474 24 days ago
Quoted from schwarz:

Last man standing wins, basically a two player unless you're cool with multiple winners or one loser.
Not sure how it works, never took it apart.

OK. I C now. I got confused with just the one person doing the demo. But something keeps resetting for a new position. It is not worth taking it apart, but the hidden engineering intrigues me.

#1475 24 days ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

OK. I C now. I got confused with just the one person doing the demo. But something keeps resetting for a new position. It is not worth taking it apart, but the hidden engineering intrigues me.

Pretty sure I recall that it had a pattern and would only switch the location of the switch between games.

#1476 24 days ago

Here was me as a little guy with what was one of my favourite games as a kid. I loved this Christmas. The Bowl-A-Matic 300.

When I got older, I always wanted a bowling game. Skeeball was great but I wanted full bowling action. The big ball bowlers are amazing, but wouldn't fit in my house. But recently I found an alternative that is decent space wise that incorporates both the physical element of bowl with modern technology. The Lane Master Pro. My kids love it.

fullsizeoutput_f292 (resized).jpeg1lWrUnasT4GTqRGsqRpaUA (resized).jpgDgyLUAt8Q6eXWp5ny3CBvw (resized).jpg
#1477 24 days ago

Foto-Electronic Bowling. Loved this game!

Cadaco-FotoElectricBowling (resized).jpg
#1478 24 days ago
Quoted from Apollyon:

Here was me as a little guy with what was one of my favourite games as a kid. I loved this Christmas. The Bowl-A-Matic 300.
When I got older, I always wanted a bowling game. Skeeball was great but I wanted full bowling action. The big ball bowlers are amazing, but wouldn't fit in my house. But recently I found an alternative that is decent space wise that incorporates both the physical element of bowl with modern technology. The Lane Master Pro. My kids love it.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

You were a nice looking young man.

What happened ?

#1479 23 days ago
Quoted from Apollyon:

When I got older, I always wanted a bowling game. Skeeball was great but I wanted full bowling action. The big ball bowlers are amazing, but wouldn't fit in my house. But recently I found an alternative that is decent space wise that incorporates both the physical element of bowl with modern technology. The Lane Master Pro. My kids love it.[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I haven't seen one of those. I'll have to look it up.

#1480 22 days ago
Quoted from Apollyon:

Not bad.

Got this one a few months ago. Now I can bowl ... ANYWHERE!
20190321_162217 (resized).jpg

#1481 18 days ago

Hot Wheels Crack Ups

Hot-wheels-Crack-Up-Car-Crash-1983-Speed (resized).jpgs122074213921761369_p648_i1_w1500 (resized).jpeg
#1482 18 days ago

Different ones at different periods, but the Evil Knieval Stunt cycle topped the list at one point and time.

Other big ones were your standard Hot Wheels/Matchbox cars, Legos, and Estes & Century model rockets.

#1483 15 days ago
big-jim-serie-espionnage---mattel---big-jim-super-agent-secret--ref0623---version-4-masques--p-image-376609-grande (resized).jpg
#1484 15 days ago

Joes and Turtles were my favorites but M.A.S.K. was a close third...

#1485 15 days ago
Quoted from swampfire:

I forgot this one - many wasted hours:

[quoted image]

Yes! Quick google search show this. Temped for $10 lol.

ebay.com link

#1486 15 days ago
Quoted from Pinball-is-great:

Posting a pic for those Pinsiders that never got to experience the excitement.
Amazing that toys such as this ever even got sold in stores.
Consumer safety laws probably started kicking in shortly after products such as this came out.
[quoted image]

Best yard game ever. Generally speaking I’m not one for overbearing laws but outlawing Jarts actually makes sense lol.

#1487 15 days ago

Wondering if anyone can help. I remember a toy as a kid (1982-1985 maybe) that I wish I could find again. It was a robot man/or space man, all grey/silver and there was like a jet pack on his back. There were two toggle buttons around the jet pack and you could press them in various orders to make different sounds and light happen. The toy was approximately 8-10" tall. Aside from the red lights on the jet pack and some sounds, I don't think it did much. I remember it having flexible joints as well.

Anyone think of a matching toy? Thanks!

#1488 15 days ago

I looooooved Big Track and looooooved my Alien.

33225931704_a384d7cc48_b (resized).jpguntitled (resized).pngbigtrak (resized).jpg
#1489 15 days ago

Made it through 24 pages of reading this morning. Great trip down nostalgia lane.

A few other things not mentioned that I loved (age 51, almost 52)

1. Players my cowboys and Indians with the neighborhood kids and cap guns. So politically incorrect nowadays. Only arguments were if a shot “got you” or not

2. Bowling fetish as a child https://www.google.com/search?q=plastic+bowling+pins&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&hl=en-us&client=safari#imgrc=rr55VQm_jVFSBM:

3. My first computer Sinclair ZX81. Came with one KB and my dad upgraded me to 16! Did have a flight simulator that took over 5 minutes to load off of a cassette deck (no floppy drive). Learned some basic programming. Kept that bad boy until the huge upgrade to a Commodore 64 computer. https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/ZX81#/media/File%3ASinclair-ZX81.png

4. Also played lots of fantasy games like D&D (still have a bunch of my crap in my moms basement lol) and fantasy games on different computers. One that I always wanted was Wizardry on an Apple II computer but that was just too expensive.

5. Also had hours of fun playing tackle football with the neighbor kids and a nerf football. Field was in between houses. Classic rush time of “1-Mississippi, 2-etc”

6. Riding bikes to the local pool nearly every day in the summer. Just like the recent Stranger Things lol.

7. Golfing and playing tennis as I became a young teenager.

#1490 15 days ago
Quoted from Apollyon:

Wow. Looks cool. Is that a puck or a ball bowler? How long is it?

#1491 15 days ago
Quoted from VolunteerPin:

1. Players my cowboys and Indians with the neighborhood kids and cap guns. So politically incorrect nowadays. Only arguments were if a shot “got you” or not

Your comment reminded me of how much I use to love playing Army with my friends. Also politically incorrect these days.
My shrugging off a pretend flesh wound and continuing to advance is still legendary.

FYI: Playing Army only caused two of us to become serial killers.

#1492 15 days ago
Quoted from Mr68:

FYI: Playing Army only caused two of us to become serial killers.

You, and...?

#1493 15 days ago
Quoted from jorro:

You, and...?

Ask my parole officer.

#1494 15 days ago

This jerk caused me to lose a front tooth when I was a toddler:

I loved this toy so much and apparently fell on it.

I went a LONG time missing a tooth before the adult tooth grew, and that one came in messed up. Screw you, Casey the robot!

#1497 15 days ago

Do these mean anything to anyone? My bet is that millennials will have no idea

conker-on-string-prepared-to-fighta-traditional-english-game-or-sport-AT3PJ6 (resized).jpgconkers (resized).jpg
#1498 15 days ago
Quoted from Luckydogg420:

Do these mean anything to anyone? My bet is that millennials will have no idea[quoted image][quoted image]

I’m a baby boomer and I have no idea

#1499 15 days ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

I’m a baby boomer and I have no idea

Might have been a regional thing. Looks like it started in Britain

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conkers

#1500 15 days ago
Quoted from Luckydogg420:

Might have been a regional thing. Looks like it started in Britain
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conkers

Seems like it be near where horse chestnuts grow.

Our thing around here was the tried and true pushing a hoop with a t-bar stick

Promoted items from the Pinside Marketplace
$ 24.99
Lighting - Led
Lee's Parts
$ 18.95
$ 3.00
Playfield - Decals
Doc's Pinball Shop
$ 18.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
The MOD Couple
$ 14.95
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
ULEKstore
$ 149.00
Flipper Parts
Mircoplayfields
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus
$ 5.00
Playfield - Other
Chrome Candy
$ 20.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
$ 35.00
$ 15.00
Playfield - Decals
Metal-Mods
$ 19.99
Eproms
Matt's Basement Arcade
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
G-Money Mods
$ 35.00
Cabinet - Decals
Pinball Haus
$ 39.99
Lighting - Interactive
Lee's Parts
Pinball Machine
Great American Pinball
€ 339.00
Displays
GermanGamingSupplies.com
$ 5.00
Cabinet - Other
Chrome Candy
Pinball Machine
Monster Bash Remake Out of stock
Flip N Out Pinball
£ 49.00
Lighting - Led
PinballToys
Lighting - Led
TheDudeMods
$ 76.95
Cabinet - Shooter Rods
Super Skill Shot Shop
$ 130.00
Playfield - Toys/Add-ons
Rods Mods
There are 1526 posts in this topic. You are on page 30 of 31.

Hey there! Got a moment?

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run thanks to donations from our visitors? Please donate to Pinside, support the site and get anext to your username to show for it! Donate to Pinside