stfu.gif
speedy-gonzales-movie-donald-trump (resized).jpg
IMG_4109 (resized).JPG
Screenshot_20240319-093421 (resized).png
Screenshot_20240318_220904_Chrome (resized).jpg
Unknown (resized).jpeg
2024-03-18_09-56-44 (resized).jpg
shot0037 (resized).png
There are 9,751 posts in this topic. You are on page 22 of 196.
#1051 7 years ago

Though this was a good place to post this since we are all children at heart...
Wife got me this Drone at Xmas..... complete crap. Literally drops from the sky at random and excessively difficult to control.
Best Buy wont warranty but the manufacturer replaced no problem with an upgraded model. Havent flown it yet.

Blk drone (resized).jpgBlk drone (resized).jpg

newdrone (resized).jpgnewdrone (resized).jpg

#1052 7 years ago

Anyway.... my friend sent me a video of his nephews rig... about $1000 plus US I think.
Be warned.... Watching this video will make you want to invest !!!!

#1053 7 years ago

Mouse Trap--which I see now as reflecting a budding interest in pinball.

mousetrap (resized).jpgmousetrap (resized).jpg

#1054 7 years ago

Evel Knievel, Turbo Tower of Power (TTP), Mattel Hot Birds and Rock Em Sock Em Robots were some of my favourites...

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#1055 7 years ago

Probably put 5,000 miles on my first tonka mighty dump.

#1056 7 years ago

Man, you toy collectors outta get together and open a museum!!! Better than having them stashed away in closets/basements.................that'd be great!

#1057 7 years ago
Quoted from JMK:

Evel Knievel, Turbo Tower of Power (TTP), Mattel Hot Birds and Rock Em Sock Em Robots were some of my favourites...

Can I come over and play?

#1058 7 years ago
Quoted from bjoechamp:

Probably put 5,000 miles on my first tonka mighty dump.

You got a sand box too?

#1059 7 years ago

Is there an amazing toy show out there like San Diego comicon? I see in my future (more toys)

#1060 7 years ago

All those water based toys got me remembering my Kenner Power Sub. Played for hours on end with it in my uncle's pool and remembering him always bitching how I was going to throw the pH off.

power sub (resized).jpgpower sub (resized).jpg

#1061 7 years ago

Never got to play a functional complete hide and seek. Maybe someday...

#1062 7 years ago
Quoted from Newport-Bill:

All those water based toys got me remembering my Kenner Power Sub. Played for hours on end with it in my uncle's pool and remembering him always bitching how I was going to throw the pH off.

Good one!

Another one I totally forgot about, but as soon as I saw it, it was like "oh yeah". Same thing, we played with it for hours in the pool.

#1063 7 years ago

Used baking soda didn't it?

#1064 7 years ago

layed for hours on end with it in my uncle's pool and remembering him always bitching how I was going to throw the pH off.

You should have told him that there were other things that you were doing in the pool to throw off the pH--way more than some toy sub could ever do.

#1065 7 years ago

Not exactly a toy but who in my age group didn't have 2x4's and plywood ramps?

IMG_2701 (resized).JPGIMG_2701 (resized).JPG

#1066 7 years ago
Quoted from Travish:

My "record" was jumping two Big Wheels and a Christmas tree.

#1067 7 years ago
Quoted from SirScott:

You should have told him that there were other things that you were doing in the pool to throw off the pH--way more than some toy sub could ever do.

Oh we got lectured about that too before he would let us in. He was so anal about telling us every time how clear and perfect the water was you almost wanted to screw it up on purpose.

#1068 7 years ago

ramps, God I would pay money to watch us trying to jump the flames on our bikes.

Some people are lucky enough to have this stuff from thier childhood filmed....

#1069 7 years ago

I think I posted these little guys earlier in the thread, but not sure. Anyone still have them.http://nathansmuscleblog.blogspot.com/2010/03/super-rare-muscles.html#kingrobinmask

2 weeks later
#1070 7 years ago

Little dirt bike update. Pinball Pimp made a stencil for me

image (resized).jpgimage (resized).jpg

#1071 7 years ago
Quoted from Travish:

And who didn't know a kid who folded up his Columbia sting ray, jumping said ramps?

#1072 7 years ago
Quoted from High_End_Pins:

Little dirt bike update. Pinball Pimp made a stencil for me

That's gonna be to nice to go trail and dirt riding.

#1073 7 years ago

That haunted mansion game looks cool. Never had that one but it reminded me of this one I played.

dungeonbg (resized).jpgdungeonbg (resized).jpg

#1074 7 years ago
Quoted from Cybergoonie:

I havvvve the powwwwweeer!!!!

You and me would get a long just fine...lol Add to that Thundercats and TMNT for me.

2 weeks later
#1075 7 years ago

Picked these up yesterday at auction. And my wife bought some Tonka trucks!
20170409_101958 (resized).jpg20170409_101958 (resized).jpg
20170409_101846 (resized).jpg20170409_101846 (resized).jpg20170409_102030 (resized).jpg20170409_102030 (resized).jpg20170409_101920 (resized).jpg20170409_101920 (resized).jpg20170409_102403 (resized).jpg20170409_102403 (resized).jpg

#1076 7 years ago

You're frightening the children.

#1077 7 years ago

Max Machine
Power Shifter - Quick Change machine
Pit Change Charger

Fun thread to read!

pitchange (resized).jpgpitchange (resized).jpg

power-shifter (resized).jpgpower-shifter (resized).jpg

mac-machine (resized).JPGmac-machine (resized).JPG

#1078 7 years ago

An OK toy for an 8 year old an awesome toy for 13 year old with a stronger arm. We had several that would basically defy gravity and we would have to chase on bikes for blocks up to a half mile or so. You would pray that a tall tree would not claim and we got very creative with football retrievals and such.

Screenshot_2017-04-17-03-37-32 (resized).pngScreenshot_2017-04-17-03-37-32 (resized).png

#1079 7 years ago

Had me one of these as well nothing like a good BB Tommy gun.

Screenshot_2017-04-17-03-45-05 (resized).pngScreenshot_2017-04-17-03-45-05 (resized).png

#1080 7 years ago

Mighty Morphin Power Rangers was the biggest thing during my childhood it was just released and was huge!

Christmas after Christmas the newest Zord was the toy everyone wanted!

IMG_1794 (resized).JPGIMG_1794 (resized).JPG

#1081 7 years ago

Mine

IMG_0850 (resized).JPGIMG_0850 (resized).JPG

#1082 7 years ago

I was talking with a young cousin yesterday and I could see it in his eyes. It was hot wheels for him.

#1083 7 years ago

MinusWorlds - is that a shrine to your video games with a candle lit at night - hahaha.....

#1084 7 years ago
Quoted from Pinball_Nate:

MinusWorlds - is that a shrine to your video games with a candle lit at night - hahaha.....

Uh yeah. What, you guys don't all have these?

#1085 7 years ago
Quoted from MinusWorlds:

Uh yeah. What, you guys don't all have these?

#1086 7 years ago

Are they nib or cib?

#1087 7 years ago
Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Are they nib or cib?

CIB, I have a bunch of NIB stuff too but these were/are my fav titles. The Castlevania and Kid Icarus are the first release cardboard hangtab versions. Finding those NIB...Well I have been trying to do that for almost 20 years...

#1088 7 years ago

I've only come across d titles nib. If people think pinball is a expensive hobby, try nib nes games. And a lot more rarer.

#1089 7 years ago
Quoted from dirkdiggler:

I've only come across d titles nib. If people think pinball is a expensive hobby, try nib nes games. And a lot more rarer.

Yeah that's my background. I've had some pretty crazy stuff. Many A list NIB's including Little Samson, Jetson's, Black Boxes etc. etc. Zelda NES Proto, Socks the Cat Proto which is being released now. Now I just collect stuff from my childhood. I did the sealed NES/SNES stuff for years. My buddy has a sealed CASE of Stadium Events. We were in an article for ESPN the Magazine last year about it...VERY VERY expensive hobby for sure. To the point where I dropped out...too much drama

#1090 7 years ago
Quoted from MinusWorlds:

Yeah that's my background. I've had some pretty crazy stuff. Many A list NIB's including Little Samson, Jetson's, Black Boxes etc. etc. Zelda NES Proto, Socks the Cat Proto which is being released now. Now I just collect stuff from my childhood. I did the sealed NES/SNES stuff for years. My buddy has a sealed CASE of Stadium Events. We were in an article for ESPN the Magazine last year about it...VERY VERY expensive hobby for sure. To the point where I dropped out...too much drama

I still have the boxes and instructions for all my games are they worth more, just curious to know. They are not sealed as I have played them all. Always wondered how some of these games are worth so much and we know they don't work on the system from time to time without blowing into them or whatever remedy we have all tried.

#1091 7 years ago

I remember well playing this at one Christmas - it was very very cool!

Tomy (resized).jpgTomy (resized).jpg

#1092 7 years ago
Quoted from Jackontherocks:

I still have the boxes and instructions for all my games are they worth more, just curious to know. They are not sealed as I have played them all. Always wondered how some of these games are worth so much and we know they don't work on the system from time to time without blowing into them or whatever remedy we have all tried.

Absolutely. Box and manual average 3 to 5x the money then loose carts. And that's average titles. Generally the top loader is a more reliable system with less blinking. Qtip in rubbing alcohol to clean contacts. There's repop labels available now so watch out. They're taking $5 games and slapping labels on them to appear like they're $200 games. A collector friend bought a Flintstones last year for $250us and went to play it and it was skate or die 2.
Check pricecharting.com for values on any video games and systems. Loose, cib, nib prices, auction results and listings.

#1093 7 years ago

I'm really surprised to see that no company has taken up the mantle to produce toys today which are the same quality as those that we spent hundreds of hours with nearly 40+ years ago.

a recent walk-through the toy section of target left me feeling sorry for today's kids with their sh!tty, nearly in-animate action figures and things that vaguely resembled the characters/actors of their movie tie-in counterparts. most of the super hero merchandise is obviously a quick cash grab. it's amazing that those 3-3/4" star wars and g.i. joe figures from the late 70's/early 80's were not only better quality, but had more points of articulation (g.i.joe) than most of today's toys

and yeah, while many of the toys that we were [allowed] to play with wouldn't pass today's safety standards, then again maybe that's because we were smart enough to be a bit more careful (or lucky

hasbro and mattel should be ashamed of 90+% of the merchandise that they tie their names to today. LEGO is just about the only company (albeit expensive) that hasn't skimped out and dumbed down their product lines

what on god's green earth is this?!? (NSFA) linked because this truly is [not safe for anyone!]
ebay.com link: Figures Toy Company Dukes Of Hazzard 8 Retro Action Figure Daisy Duke Bikini

and seriously, people purchased the other 4 of these that this seller was offering?

#1094 7 years ago

I think a modern derivation, remade, of this would sell.

Theme it Star Wars....if needed, cut a strip of Newspaper, roll it up, and get 100 "shots" or "bangs"
out of it, like a cap gun, but regular newspaper!

My son enjoyed this as did the neighborhood kids....its got legs!

(Other than PC, that its a gun....so it need to be a "Space Blaster" to pass PC)

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#1095 7 years ago
Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Absolutely. Box and manual average 3 to 5x the money then loose carts. And that's average titles. Generally the top loader is a more reliable system with less blinking. Qtip in rubbing alcohol to clean contacts. There's repop labels available now so watch out. They're taking $5 games and slapping labels on them to appear like they're $200 games. A collector friend bought a Flintstones last year for $250us and went to play it and it was skate or die 2.
Check pricecharting.com for values on any video games and systems. Loose, cib, nib prices, auction results and listings.

This is spot on info.

#1096 7 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

I think a modern derivation, remade, of this would sell.
Theme it Star Wars....if needed, cut a strip of Newspaper, roll it up, and get 100 "shots" or "bangs"
out of it, like a cap gun, but regular newspaper!
My son enjoyed this as did the neighborhood kids....its got legs!
(Other than PC, that its a gun....so it need to be a "Space Blaster" to pass PC)

I don't even know if you can buy rolls of caps anymore, but we would literally buy boxes and boxes of those rolls and pretend-kill everything until we had blisters on our fingers. Then we would take a hammer and strike the caps to get a better bang. Loved that smell of powder burning!

#1097 7 years ago

We dipped our rolls in gasoline, and then smacked with a hammer!

I cant believe I survived all the stuff we burned and blew up!

#1098 7 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

We dipped our rolls in gasoline, and then smacked with a hammer!

Sorry, I thought you posted a cap gun until I looked closer! But yes, I grew up on a farm that was about 2 miles down the highway from a sporting goods/hardware/tack store. We were ALWAYS blowing something up or burning something! I hate to think how many red ant hills we destroyed over the years.

When I was about 9 or 10, dad would let us ride our bikes to the hardware store and buy .22 shells. We would save our allowance and bungee cord our rifles to the handlebars of our bike and ride to the store to buy shells. I can remember the old guy that ran the store and how high the counter was. I could put the money on the counter, but I wasn't tall enough to count it out. He would just see us come in and we would lay money on the counter, and he would hand us a box, (or if we were really rich a carton) of shells, and we would ride off to parts unknown. We usually would up in one of our pastures with rifles in hand, and we would hunt rabbits, birds, squirrels...anything was pretty much fair game. Rabbits and squirrels we brought home and ate...birds and field rodents we fed to the cats! lol We would usually make it home around 430 to get ready for supper and covered in dirt from head to toe. Mom had no idea in hell where we even were during the day. But the deal was that all the families looked out for each other, and we knew every family in the area, and knew we could stop in and use the phone or get a drink if we needed to. All of the phones were on a party line, and we had an emergency ring. Mom could call an army out at the blink of an eye if she needed one! Can you imagine how long a person would go to jail today if they handed their kid a rifle and told him to go play? lol Ahhhhh the good ole days.......

#1099 7 years ago
Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Thanks, on a side note I also am a huge Motorhead fan second favorite band and a Pens hockey fan in regards to your photo.

#1100 7 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

and lead paint, and leaded gas, and no seatbelts, no bike helmets, no cell phones, riding the open bed of a pickup truck............................
Ahh.............. to be a kid again..........................................

There are 9,751 posts in this topic. You are on page 22 of 196.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-were-your-favorite-childhood-toys/page/22?hl=newport-bill and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.