BMX (resized).jpg
IMG_8115 (resized).JPG
pasted_image (resized).png
Rat Tail 1980's (resized).jpg
7-11 1980;s (resized).jpg
7-11 arcade. (resized).jpg
7-11 arcade (resized).jpg
7-11 vintage. (resized).jpg
There are 9,972 posts in this topic. You are on page 200 of 200.
#9951 34 days ago
Quoted from pinmister:

^^^Look at those kids cruising around with no helmets and letting their mullets blow in the wind
I had a rat tail growing up-who remembers 'Rat tails'
[quoted image]

This would be in the 80s. I had a guy working on my crew at the factory who was wearing a "rat tail". I came to work one afternoon and saw he had cut it off. I asked why he cut it. He said he heard someone calling a fag tag and off it came.

#9952 34 days ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

calling a fag tag and off it came

I also got my left ear pierced in middle school-now that is considered different in today's world

#9953 32 days ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I was at the antique mall yesterday bumming around and I had a great flashback that took me back as I sat there for a bit staring at the poster and having some great memories.
The year-1985(magical year)
Me-kid driving his BMX bike up to 7-11 to try and collect them all and then trade with my buddies in the neighborhood. I can vividly remember getting a Slurpee and removing the bottom part of the cup to get the collectable baseball coins. They were super cool holographic cardboard coins and I can remember them like it was yesterday. One of my fond childhood memories and it put a smile on my face.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

Great memories! I still have some of those coins. When I find them I’ll post some pictures.

#9954 30 days ago
pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
1 week later
#9955 19 days ago

I remember seeing this movie as a kid and being terrified by this scene with Medusa.
But now I see that Medusa was one of several roles in the film played by Tony Randall.
I was terrified of Tony Randall?!!

#9956 19 days ago

That reminds me of some movie that was on TV when I was a little kid probably from the 50's or 60's. Like real young so I can't remember any details. I think it was set in Greece or Roman era. Some person in power had a huge pool of molten gold that they would dip slaves or some unfortunate group of people in and then pull them out as statues to put on display. Terrified the heck out of kid me. After your medusa clip there with the lady being turned to stone, makes me wonder what that gold statue movie was called again...

#9957 19 days ago
Quoted from Firebird71:

makes me wonder what that gold statue movie was called again...

Yellow Hair and the Fortress of gold ?

LTG : )

#9958 18 days ago
IMG_8115 (resized).JPGIMG_8115 (resized).JPG
#9959 18 days ago

Those bikes are boss and super cherry.

#9960 18 days ago
Quoted from bob_e:

[quoted image]

Bikes were definitely the jam in my circles growing up, but this was the era that ruled our roost. GT, Redline, Diamond Back, Torker, Hutch, Haro, Mongoose, et all. Slip on your checkerboard Vanns and thrash the neighborhoods and trails.

BMX (resized).jpgBMX (resized).jpg

#9961 18 days ago
Quoted from pinwiztom:

Those bikes are boss and super cherry.

And, Neat-o and Groovy.

#9964 17 days ago

I had totally forgotten about my old Capsela! Such a great toy that dovetailed perfectly with my natural curiosity about how stuff worked. I was constantly taking apart my toys to see what was inside and how they did their thing, so this was perfect for me. Thanks for the memory

#9965 17 days ago

The old league is still going strong! I played in the 70s. My first year after T-Ball they let the first girl in. She was in my grade at elementary school, and to be honest, she was better than a lot of the guys on my team. We took the championship that year. I quit a couple seasons later when I realized I liked surfing and racing BMX better than baseball.

APLL (resized).pngAPLL (resized).png

#9967 15 days ago

If you got your finger whacked by the prop when starting or got dizzy from flying.

IMG_8234 (resized).JPGIMG_8234 (resized).JPG

#9968 15 days ago

I had one of those but my Farther would never let me fly it.

#9969 15 days ago

I lived on Tang growing up

Good ol' Florence Henderson-America's favorite TV mom

Tang (resized).jpgTang (resized).jpg
#9970 15 days ago
Quoted from pinmister:

[quoted image]

We had that same orange Tupperware juice container with button on the lid.

#9971 15 days ago
Quoted from Ballderdash:

We had that same orange Tupperware juice container with button on the lid

We did too-that's why I chose that picture-also the classic Mcdonald's glassware!

Remember all the cool 1980's glassware? I had the Star Wars set and ET
1980's glassware (resized).jpg1980's glassware (resized).jpg

1980's glassware. (resized).jpg1980's glassware. (resized).jpg
#9972 15 days ago
Quoted from pinmister:

[quoted image]

And isnt that a Grimace/McDonalds glass?

There are 9,972 posts in this topic. You are on page 200 of 200.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.