shot0030 (resized).png
7c12510a8e5f1a58d025bdd0dc5117bc (resized).jpg
Dip+a+flower (resized).jpg
Cap n Crunch sub toy (resized).jpg
diving sub (resized).jpg
Rice Krispies sub toy (resized).jpg
f890af8a42f259126904798df6acb92a (resized).jpg
MD Transformers (resized).jpg

There are 9,736 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 195.
#801 7 years ago

I spent WAY too many hours on this thing.... Enter the VIC-20

Spent $150 for a 4K expansion board (that's 4 kilobytes folks)

Many hours spent before that keyboard and my C-64 in my teen years. Used the C64 all through college.
faz

VIC-20_(resized).jpgVIC-20_(resized).jpg

#802 7 years ago

ohhhh the memories, and a TRS-80, and an Osbourne.....
When these came out I was on these babies:

Takes me back to building 8088's and Beta Testing Windows for Bill.
A small Bragging point, I sold the methodology to add images to a PC in a payroll code in PC Cobol,
to IBM and Wang.........long time ago...1979? 80?

punch_card.75dpi.rgb_(resized).pngpunch_card.75dpi.rgb_(resized).png

#803 7 years ago
Quoted from str8cash:

Also got this for free at another sale. Anyone have it growing up?

yup!

#804 7 years ago

If you want to look at some old tech, look at this thread:

https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/technology-from-the-80s#post-3078748

Good stuff here...
faz

#805 7 years ago

11005650_791623534266061_516598240_n-500x500_(resized).jpg11005650_791623534266061_516598240_n-500x500_(resized).jpg

#806 7 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

ohhhh the memories, and a TRS-80, and an Osbourne.....
When these came out I was on these babies:
Takes me back to building 8088's and Beta Testing Windows for Bill.
A small Bragging point, I sold the methodology to add images to a PC in a payroll code in PC Cobol,
to IBM and Wang.........long time ago...1979? 80?

Cool....so that's where you got all your money.

#807 7 years ago

Nah, they paid 5K each for the "knowledge"....

My income has come from Real Estate....

3 months later
#808 7 years ago

Not sure if this was posted but one of my favorites... made you feel like you were on a spec ops mission dropping people in.

chutesa (resized).jpgchutesa (resized).jpg

#809 7 years ago
Quoted from Wolfanoz:

Not sure if this was posted but one of my favorites... made you feel like you were on a spec ops mission dropping people in.

Now that's a f***ing cool toy!!!

#810 7 years ago

Loved Hot Wheels in the early 70's, and any kind of metal truck. Pretty much anything that had wheels.

15865c55981415e551fa5fb4345d387e (resized).jpg15865c55981415e551fa5fb4345d387e (resized).jpg

il_570xN_503599109_4no5 (resized).jpgil_570xN_503599109_4no5 (resized).jpg

tumblr_inline_npm5adOlBH1tuu629_1280 (resized).jpgtumblr_inline_npm5adOlBH1tuu629_1280 (resized).jpg

hot-wheels-redline-70s-custom-van-black-flames-74-mattel-inc-hong-kong-vintage-48c1a2cb31fdebb898c7f8622150ebcf (resized).jpghot-wheels-redline-70s-custom-van-black-flames-74-mattel-inc-hong-kong-vintage-48c1a2cb31fdebb898c7f8622150ebcf (resized).jpg

#811 7 years ago
Quoted from Bohdi:

Loved Hot Wheels in the early 70's, and any kind of metal truck. Pretty much anything that had wheels.

Oh man, anything Tonka is worth a lot now too. And running into that stuff as a kid was no bueno.

#812 7 years ago
Quoted from Wolfanoz:

Oh man, anything Tonka is worth a lot now too. And running into that stuff as a kid was no bueno.

They are worth a lot. Too bad I never kept them like most kids did at that age. Here are a couple more that I forgot about. Mattel Football was so "hot" when it came out. Could NEVER find them. They were always sold out it seemed

09bb8a78b14040eae57df1c1b1d8556a (resized).jpg09bb8a78b14040eae57df1c1b1d8556a (resized).jpg

ring_toss (resized).jpgring_toss (resized).jpg

#813 7 years ago
Quoted from Bohdi:

They are worth a lot. Too bad I never kept them like most kids did at that age. Here are a couple more that I forgot about. Mattel Football was so "hot" when it came out. Could NEVER find them. They were always sold out it seemed

They still sell the electronic football. Saw it at Wally World last weekend.

#814 7 years ago
Quoted from Wolfanoz:

They still sell the electronic football. Saw it at Wally World last weekend.

I've seen it there too. Told my wife to pick me one up for a stocking stuffer last year, and she said they were all out. I have the original Football 2 one. Still haven't picked up a original. Played the hell out of it during the day..

#815 7 years ago

SAM_0054.jpgSAM_0054.jpg

#816 7 years ago
Quoted from hooch333:

My son and I have been treasure hunting in the crawl spaces of the house today......found the old toys of mine from 70's.

I had one of those portable forts, I could swear it was called Fort Cheyenne....

Cool thread

#817 7 years ago
Quoted from Bohdi:

They are worth a lot. Too bad I never kept them like most kids did at that age.

I kept my Tonka truck. In the back yard.

Krusty (resized).jpgKrusty (resized).jpg

#818 7 years ago
Quoted from o-din:

I kept my Tonka truck. In the back yard.

Many guys on this site see a picture like that, and instantly say to themselves: Mini restoration project. I can clean up that front grill, remove rust and repaint the body, shine up those wheels, etc.

#819 7 years ago

-Honda XR80-My first motorcycle

-G. I. Joe Aircraft carrier with Jets

-Nintendo Deluxe Set

Honda XR80.jpgHonda XR80.jpg
G. I. Joe Aircraft Carrier.jpgG. I. Joe Aircraft Carrier.jpg
Nintendo deluxe set.jpgNintendo deluxe set.jpg

#820 7 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

-Nintendo Deluxe Set

That aircraft carrier looks awesome!

#821 7 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

-Nintendo Deluxe Set

I remember wanting that carrier. Got a big fat no from the parents because I guess it was crazy priced. Being an Army family at the time, yeah.

And always have love for R.O.B. and the NES. Still have all my games.

#822 7 years ago
Quoted from pinmister:

-Nintendo Deluxe Set

Nice, George!!!

#823 7 years ago

I had one of these when I was little, still amazed at it as an adult!

fisherprice043 (resized).jpgfisherprice043 (resized).jpg

#824 7 years ago

Good thing I never got that aircraft carrier. I woulda had my 1st orgasm right there un the tree on Christmas morning.

#825 7 years ago

Favorite toys were anything we made ourselves like a WW1 plane made with carriage wheels a plank of wood some wire and skate wheels too. I have a picture of this and have to share it when I find it. Also tree forts (not until we moved out to Long Island) The 4th of July was fire works that didn't go off, remove the gunpowder and stuff it into a kite string cardboard tube, seal up the ends and stick the green fuse in to light it off. We used to play Skully in the street with bottle-caps filled with candle wax. We even painted one on the floor of our bedroom which was covered with a throw rug. Mom wasn't to happy about that one. I grew up in Queens NY in the 60's so ghost behind the wall and manhunt were popular. An empty refrigerator box became a tank (I'm sure everyone else did this) We used to make our own spook shows in the basement of our 5 story building. Glow in the dark paint, a black-light some Halloween masks and metal garbage cans with ghouls hidden inside waiting to pop out at you. GI Joe climbed the side of my building many times. My older brother had a short wave radio that we could here people on the other side of the world. It even had a Morse code attached. We spent many nights listening to transmissions swearing it was the Russians. I could go on and on about junk-yards, bikes ect...Different times and a completely different world, much better than today IMO.

#826 7 years ago
Quoted from bonzo442:

Favorite toys were anything we made ourselves like a WW1 plane made with carriage wheels a plank of wood some wire and skate wheels too. I have a picture of this and have to share it when I find it. Also tree forts (not until we moved out to Long Island) The 4th of July was fire works that didn't go off, remove the gunpowder and stuff it into a kite string cardboard tube, seal up the ends and stick the green fuse in to light it off. We used to play Skully in the street with bottle-caps filled with candle wax. We even painted one on the floor of our bedroom which was covered with a throw rug. Mom wasn't to happy about that one. I grew up in Queens NY in the 60's so ghost behind the wall and manhunt were popular. An empty refrigerator box became a tank (I'm sure everyone else did this) We used to make our own spook shows in the basement of our 5 story building. Glow in the dark paint, a black-light some Halloween masks and metal garbage cans with ghouls hidden inside waiting to pop out at you. GI Joe climbed the side of my building many times. My older brother had a short wave radio that we could here people on the other side of the world. It even had a Morse code attached. We spent many nights listening to transmissions swearing it was the Russians. I could go on and on about junk-yards, bikes ect...Different times and a completely different world, much better than today IMO.

I did a lot of that kind of stuff too with LOTS of camping out in the back yard, playing hide and seek in the grave yard at night and playing LOTS of hard ball baseball....not soft ball, that was for girls. I had a real Leave it to Beaver childhood. Damn, I could write a book.

#827 7 years ago
Quoted from Gryszzz:

Good thing I never got that aircraft carrier. I woulda had my 1st orgasm right there un the tree on Christmas morning.

I remember seeing it once in person at a friends house from my school. Anyone remember the cost back then, it was jumbo in size in a small room.

2 weeks later
#828 7 years ago

I don't know how I left this out. My uncle and Dad rode this in the 60s, me in the 80s, now my kids in the 2010s. The Wonder Horse is a classic.

IMG_20161002_142238203 (resized).jpgIMG_20161002_142238203 (resized).jpg

IMG_20161002_142213428 (resized).jpgIMG_20161002_142213428 (resized).jpg

#829 7 years ago

Just picked these 4 up, NIB. I had one as a kid, but never got to build it.
A Rube Goldberg Fan, I hope to do one at a time on a Rainy Day!

With a Hurricane possibly coming, it may be the end of this week!

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

pasted_image2 (resized).pngpasted_image2 (resized).png

pasted_image3 (resized).pngpasted_image3 (resized).png

pasted_image4 (resized).pngpasted_image4 (resized).png

#831 7 years ago

Atari2600a (resized).jpgAtari2600a (resized).jpg

1 month later
#832 7 years ago
Quoted from Bohdi:

I've seen it there too. Told my wife to pick me one up for a stocking stuffer last year, and she said they were all out. I have the original Football 2 one. Still haven't picked up a original. Played the hell out of it during the day..

Ew, don't buy that crappy remake, it has LCDs backlit by red LEDs, looks crappy, plays crappy. The LCD lag time wrecks it. Pick up an original original on eBay, with actual LED segments.

#833 7 years ago
Quoted from DanQverymuch:

Ew, don't buy that crappy remake, it has LCDs backlit by red LEDs, looks crappy, plays crappy. The LCD lag time wrecks it. Pick up an original original on eBay, with actual LED segments.

I am picking up an original from '77. The originals just look better. I just want one to "have" in nice shape, not so much play it. Brings back lots of memories.

#834 7 years ago

Lots of He-man and Captain Power (interactive shooting vhs videos) lots of fun back in the '80s!

#835 7 years ago

I'm still looking for a die-cast!

s-l1600 (resized).jpgs-l1600 (resized).jpg

#836 7 years ago

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png

#838 7 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Lke this:
ebay.com link » Jl Munsters Koach Frightning Lightnings Great For Halloween Real Rider

I'm guessing he's looking for a 1/24 or 1/18 scale, but not sure. The little one looks pretty cool tho..

#839 7 years ago

Viewmaster was expensive and uncommon in England when I was a child. A Canadian aunt sent me a viewer and a pile of reels when I was about 7, in 1958. I now own every model of viewer, several thousand reels and can make my own reels with my Viewmaster camera.

IMG_0523 (resized).JPGIMG_0523 (resized).JPG

#840 7 years ago
Quoted from Bohdi:

I'm guessing he's looking for a 1/24 or 1/18 scale, but not sure. The little one looks pretty cool tho..

Yeah, looking for a 1:18... turns out that people are asking too much for it, and the shipping costs do not help!

#841 7 years ago
Quoted from jb3d:

Viewmaster was expensive and uncommon in England when I was a child. A Canadian aunt sent me a viewer and a pile of reels when I was about 7, in 1958. I now own every model of viewer, several thousand reels and can make my own reels with my Viewmaster camera.

When we had these in the 60's and discovered girls, my brother and I always wondered why there were never any viewmaster wheels from Playboy!

#842 7 years ago

Easy, #1 would be Arcade & Pinball machines (my parents were cool).

It also depends on what age we're talking about, so I'll assume young:
2. Nintendo Entertainment System
3. My bicycle
4. Misc Figures & dolls
5. Outdoor summer toys like waterslides?

Guess that's pretty boring and average, but hey, can't change our childhood.

#843 7 years ago
Quoted from AlexSMendes:

Yeah, looking for a 1:18... turns out that people are asking too much for it, and the shipping costs do not help!

Yeah, I saw some on Ebay and no, they weren't cheap. Find a cheaper model kit and build one. .

#844 7 years ago

Here is one I still have. We used to pull the tape around tables, chair legs, couches and anything else and hit to rewind button to reel in the tape. The cat would go nuts chasing the end of the tape.

IMG_2231 (resized).JPGIMG_2231 (resized).JPG

#845 7 years ago

I still have a bunch of viewmaster stuff from the 50's and earlier too. Here is one of my favorites. Mostly world war 1 slides. Remember the battleship Texas. This was my great grandmothers.

IMG_2232 (resized).JPGIMG_2232 (resized).JPG

#846 7 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

When we had these in the 60's and discovered girls, my brother and I always wondered why there were never any viewmaster wheels from Playboy!

Oh there were! Hundreds of reels have been produced ranging from pinup to explicit. You and your brother just didn't know where to look!

IMG_0524 (resized).JPGIMG_0524 (resized).JPG

1 week later
#847 7 years ago

Stick-01 (resized).pngStick-01 (resized).png

#848 7 years ago

You had a stick? You were lucky. We used to DREAM of having a stick to play with.

#849 7 years ago

One of mine was a box. Cardboard box, you ask? Aye, and I know we were lucky.

Python referencing aside, we did actually have a blast with boxes. We'd take a big one, a kid would get inside with some pillows, then we'd surround that box with one a little bigger, close it up, and roll the kid around every which way. Fond memories. Hell, I bet it would still be fun!

#850 7 years ago

We used to ride our bikes up to the Plaza 5 blocks away, tie a rope around big boxes and drag them home then make forts, space ships, tunnels etc out of them. If they were big enough we would open the ends and sleep in them outside in the back yard.

There are 9,736 posts in this topic. You are on page 17 of 195.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-were-your-favorite-childhood-toys/page/17?hl=benlogan and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.