BagofGlass (resized).jpg
434599499_10228561822663909_2493513439072746909_n (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2024-03-30 at 7.43.04 PM (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
Big Chief pad (resized).png
stfu.gif
speedy-gonzales-movie-donald-trump (resized).jpg
IMG_4109 (resized).JPG
There are 9,757 posts in this topic. You are on page 177 of 196.
#8801 1 year ago
Quoted from pinmister:

Pizza Hut and Dominos pizza taste like cardboard nowadays.

I still like Pizza Hut. Dominos was something I always had to choke down. I had my last ever Dominos a year ago. I was down with covid and needed something to eat. Covid was runing rampant and businesses were having help issues. Pizza Hut was not delivering that night. Dominoes was.

I ordered a supreme pizza. The price was $24.00. I tipped the driver $5.00.

I managed to eat of this Dominos trash. The other half went into the trash can. It was terrible .

#8802 1 year ago

The arcade across from my high school had a APB. Was my go to if the pins or Crusin' USA were being played. Would love to find one but haven't come across one for sale ever.

url(1).jpgurl(1).jpg
#8803 1 year ago
Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Would love to find one but haven't come across one for sale ever

They come up often for sale on KLOV. Check out the classified section periodically and you will find one. I just pulled the trigger on a couple of classic arcade games from my childhood and I am super excited to relive my youth with my son and have him experience the magic I grew up with.

#8804 1 year ago
Quoted from dirkdiggler:The arcade across from my high school had a APB. Was my go to if the pins or Crusin' USA were being played.
[quoted image]

The trick is to find one that still has the seat.

#8805 1 year ago
Quoted from girloveswaffles:

The trick is to find one that still has the seat.

I found one years ago makeshifted into a stand-up. Should have bought it just for the boards.

#8806 1 year ago
Quoted from dirkdiggler:

I found one years ago makeshifted into a stand-up. Should have bought it just for the boards.

They're all the same. All " Uprights" came with a "Jump seat" and a metal cover plate to cover the hole the bar on the Jump Seat module would go into if you opted not to used the seat. A lot of operators didn't install the seats just for making more floor room.

#8807 1 year ago

My grandma made this blanket for my mom when I was born in 1978. It's been sitting in the closet for probably 15 years. Just pulled it out and to my surprise it fits perfectly on the lazyboy. Love the colors

20230220_183732.jpg20230220_183732.jpg
#8808 1 year ago

Sometimes I’m excited to share an image of a product I haven’t seen since I was a kid— Only to discover that it’s still made today!

E2F8413C-2EBD-45D2-A090-37CC979A8DDC (resized).jpegE2F8413C-2EBD-45D2-A090-37CC979A8DDC (resized).jpeg14A39F21-8AD5-4BCA-803A-6AB70BA01F87 (resized).jpeg14A39F21-8AD5-4BCA-803A-6AB70BA01F87 (resized).jpeg26A63586-79B9-40F6-9B2D-A68AF6F78956 (resized).jpeg26A63586-79B9-40F6-9B2D-A68AF6F78956 (resized).jpeg
#8809 1 year ago

That Minute Maid concentrated OJ brings back some great childhood memories. Loved going to the mall to get Orange Julius drinks. Well one day my mother introduced me to one of her Girl Scout recipes for making Orange Julius drinks at home. I loved making them for my friends that would come over to play. Really a simple recipe and taste just like Orange Julius:

INGREDIENTS
6 oz. can frozen orange juice concentrate
1 1/2 cup milk
1/4 cup sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla
12 ice cubes

#8810 1 year ago
Quoted from dirkdiggler:

My grandma made this blanket for my mom when I was born in 1978. It's been sitting in the closet for probably 15 years. Just pulled it out and to my surprise it fits perfectly on the lazyboy. Love the colors
[quoted image]

You just inspired me to look through my old stuff. I will find something from grandma I hope.
I know I have a cool old watch from my uncle joe. Pictures to follow.

#8811 1 year ago
Quoted from Azmodeus:

You just inspired me to look through my old stuff. I will find something from grandma I hope.
I know I have a cool old watch from my uncle joe. Pictures to follow.

I kept my Grandpas Mason ring and cufflinks. He had huge sausage fingers and it doesn't even fit on my thumb. Lol. I was going to resize it but I'm not a jewelry guy so it sits in my wife's jewelry box

20230222_085852.jpg20230222_085852.jpg20230222_085912.jpg20230222_085912.jpg
#8812 1 year ago
Quoted from pinmister:

That Minute Maid concentrated OJ brings back some great childhood memories. Loved going to the mall to get Orange Julius drinks. Well one day my mother introduced me to one of her Girl Scout recipes for making Orange Julius drinks at home. I loved making them for my friends that would come over to play. Really a simple recipe and taste just like Orange Julius:
INGREDIENTS
1 1/2 cup milk
1/4 cup sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla
12 ice cubes

Don't forget the egg.

#8813 1 year ago
Quoted from pinmister:

I love the red plastic cups from back in the day so much I bought a bunch for my home. Nothing like drinking a classic Coca Cola in these red plastic glasses(must have ice cubes )
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

I agree! Where did you find them?

#8814 1 year ago
Quoted from dirkdiggler:

it doesn't even fit on my thumb.

And you have it on backwards.

I wouldn't resize it and wear it unless you are a Mason.

LTG : )

#8815 1 year ago

I just came from the grocery store.

I remember in 1966-67, my mom would come home from the grocery store bitching about how, " You can't even buy a sack for groceries for five dollars.

#8816 1 year ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

" You can't even buy a sack for groceries for five dollars.

try $50 a bag today

#8817 1 year ago
Quoted from pinwiztom:

try $50 a bag today

just stopped in to the grocery store today over my lunch hour for a few things - $56.

#8818 1 year ago

You guys are looking for the "you know when you're old" thread...

#8819 1 year ago
Quoted from DanQverymuch:

You guys are looking for the "you know when you're old" thread...

So true

#8820 1 year ago

Here is a childhood memory - I bought a plastic knife at Santa Claus Land in Indiana for $2 when I was probably eight and lost it before we even left the park and I don't remember anything else about that visit except I lost this plastic knife that I had paid for with my own money.

s-l400 (resized).jpgs-l400 (resized).jpg
#8821 1 year ago
Quoted from pinwiztom:

try $50 a bag today

As I said, I just came from the grocery store. And it brought back beautiful memories. This trip was just $50.00

#8822 1 year ago

Funny tangent to put price into perspective.

When the USA was a very young country, a One Cent coin was worth so much that the treasury had to issue a Half Cent denomination so people could make change for it. There were also Two and Three Cent coins during this period, so you could get change from spending your Half-Dimes.

#8823 1 year ago

points inflation

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#8824 1 year ago

Sometime in the early 1970’s my dad took me to my first baseball game at the Oakland Coliseum. It was “Reggie Jackson Day”. Every kid got a green 32” wooden little league bat with Reggie’s autograph embossed on it. The photos aren’t of my actual bat which is lost to the sands of time, but mine was exactly like this. I used it my entire childhood.

My dad and I sat in the bleachers that day. I think they were still just wooden benches back then. I remember we got there early to make sure I got a bat and to watch batting practice. After batting practice, Reggie wheeled a shopping cart of used balls out to second base and smacked them into the bleachers as additional souvenirs. Best day at the ballpark ever.

66651BB4-FB77-4ACD-B957-062430B2F5AA (resized).jpeg66651BB4-FB77-4ACD-B957-062430B2F5AA (resized).jpeg5E35A7E1-59C8-4DE5-BC0A-B7C8E6C2D639 (resized).jpeg5E35A7E1-59C8-4DE5-BC0A-B7C8E6C2D639 (resized).jpeg486F8A43-25A4-4600-8506-13DF7704792F (resized).jpeg486F8A43-25A4-4600-8506-13DF7704792F (resized).jpeg
#8825 1 year ago
Quoted from pinheadpierre:

Reggie wheeled a shopping cart of used balls out to second base

"Hey, Reggie, how many balls you gonna hit?"
"I'm a little tired today, so just one cart."

#8826 1 year ago
Quoted from Gotemwill:

I agree! Where did you find them?

I purchased them from a local restaurant supply store but you can get them cheap on Amazon. They make Coca Cola taste great. I do think the key is to have cold Coca Cola in fridge and then add ice-perfect combo(can't drink warm Coca Cola). I am a Coke-aholic

https://www.amazon.com/New-Star-Foodservice-46328-Restaurant/dp/B009KB4Z9C/ref=sr_1_12_sspa

Also want to mention another Amazon food item that is a staple in our home.

Lipton Matzo Ball Soup mix is really a great meal(kids love it) and we add rotisserie chicken from Sam's or Costco to it-super tasty...

https://www.amazon.com/Lipton-Kosher-Matzo-Ball-Soup/dp/B07G8P8GCC/ref=sr_1_2

1 week later
#8827 1 year ago

How many remember when old trucks had only 1 taillight?

And how many remember when the driver in front of you informed you what he was going to do by using hand signals.

How many of you would not have clue of what these hand signals mean?

image (resized).jpegimage (resized).jpeg

#8828 1 year ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

How many of you know what these hand signals mean?

Sorry, but this is about the only hand signal I see Chicago area drivers use these days.
hand signal (resized).jpghand signal (resized).jpg

#8829 1 year ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

Sorry, but this is about the only hand signal I see drivers use these days.

well, and this hand "placement", which leads us to your image!

download (resized).jpgdownload (resized).jpg
#8830 1 year ago
Quoted from littlecammi:

Sorry, but this is about the only hand signal I see drivers use these days.
[quoted image]

State checks out

#8831 1 year ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

How many remember when old trucks had only 1 taillight?
And how many remember when the driver in front of you informed you what he was going to do by using hand signals.
How many of you would not have clue of what these hand signals mean?
[quoted image]

I remember having to use hand signals while taking my drivers license test on a motorcycle. The motorcycle had turn signals but the DPS dude required using hand signals in case they didn't work.

He also failed me because I drove my bike to the test site unlicensed. It was a half mile drive to the site.

#8832 1 year ago
Quoted from Pinball_Postal:

I remember having to use hand signals while taking my drivers license test on a motorcycle. The motorcycle had turn signals but the DPS dude required using hand signals in case they didn't work.

He also failed me because I drove my bike to the test site unlicensed. It was a half mile drive to the site.

I remember hand signals on the Illinois motorcycle test in the 70s. I rode my bike to get my license, too...a friend gave me a tip - "tell them you pushed it!" He had done exactly that a few weeks before...told the lady he had pushed his Harley to the DMV for his test (he got his license on a '58 Duo Glide). What could they say if they didn't see you?
They gave us some very dirty looks, but we both got our MC licenses that way.
Then my friends and I all learned how to ride by getting smashed by cars one way or another. Luckily, we all lived to ride many safe miles after those first rough couple of years. I was glad to see the Motorcycle Safety Foundation course become part of the licensing procedure. A bit late for us, but a good thing for everyone.

#8833 1 year ago

while searching for something in my basement , stumbled across this.

2773D5D9-EE45-4008-B63E-B1878512F3F7 (resized).jpeg2773D5D9-EE45-4008-B63E-B1878512F3F7 (resized).jpeg

This is one of those, that if you know what it is, it will make you smile and likely bring back a memory.

#8834 1 year ago

Here is an old TV show from the late 50s that I had not seen in reruns in decades. Bachelor Father with John Forsythe.1957 to 1962. Not very politically Correct nowadays on so many levels. Found it on Roku available channel. FMC or Free Movie Classics channel. They have other cool forgotten shows like Danger Man with Patrick McGoohan (prior to the Prisoner) , also Space Patrol and Captain Z-RO.

IMG_20230308_115717902 (resized).jpgIMG_20230308_115717902 (resized).jpg
#8835 1 year ago
Quoted from pinwiztom:

Here is an old TV show

Nice Goose.

LTG : )

#8837 1 year ago
Quoted from pinwiztom:

Here is an old TV show from the late 50s that I had not seen in reruns in decades. Bachelor Father with John Forsythe.1957 to 1962. Not very politically Correct nowadays on so many levels. Found it on Roku available channel. FMC or Free Movie Classics channel. They have other cool forgotten shows like Danger Man with Patrick McGoohan (prior to the Prisoner) , also Space Patrol and Captain Z-RO.
[quoted image]

Roku you has them all. Gunsmoke, Bonanza, The Rifleman ( Michael Landon from Bonanza plays a cigar chomping bad ass ) , Wanted: Dead or Alive, Bewitched, Leave it to Beaver...etc.

#8838 1 year ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Bewitched, Leave it to Beaver...etc.

Bewitched? Haha!
I remember my Dad and I laughing our butts off at the episode where Darrin’s ears grow bigger every time he tells a lie.
That was first-run in 1967, so I was 10.

6B057A45-F7AC-4974-A2D1-AA1C90309A1A (resized).png6B057A45-F7AC-4974-A2D1-AA1C90309A1A (resized).png
#8839 1 year ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Roku you has them all

The Actual ROKU channel has a lot of the classic favorites, like you say,
but this is the first I have seen episodes of Bachelor Father
on a obscure streaming app (FMC)
thru my Roku device
with some of the more obscure TV Programs.

#8840 1 year ago
Quoted from pinwiztom:

The Actual ROKU channel has a lot of the classic favorites, like you say,
but this is the first I have seen episodes of Bachelor Father
on a obscure streaming app (FMC)
thru my Roku device
with some of the more obscure TV Programs.

I imagine as time goes on they will be digging deep into the old TV shows from the 50s. Dragnet is out there. A lot of the old game shows are on. I'm not sure where I saw it but some of the old Seahunt shows were on. But now they have disappeared.

Seahunt: Is where I first learned of octopuses, Scuba gear, Mako sharks, tiger sharks, nurse sharks, and hammerhead sharks. And last, but not least, the bends.

#8841 1 year ago

My favorite Dragnet was when our 2 Detectives spent a whole episode tracking down a stolen bike!
Boy, have my expectations changed!

#8842 1 year ago

Does anyone remember Crazy Guggenheim & Malt-O-Meal?

Crazy Guggenheim (resized).pngCrazy Guggenheim (resized).png
#8843 1 year ago
Quoted from starfighter:

Crazy Guggenheim

Along with Joe the Bartender on the
The Jackie Gleason Show
plus the June Taylor Dancers

#8844 1 year ago

SeaHunt was on at 4 or 5PM in the afternoon in syndication (followed by Highway Patrol)
and I watched often
but it always me feel queasy for some reason.
might have been the background music or the way it was shot,
kinda out of focus especially the under water sequences

#8845 1 year ago

Good ole Dean Martin & The Golddiggers.

dm8841 (resized).pngdm8841 (resized).png
#8846 1 year ago
Quoted from pinwiztom:

SeaHunt was on at 4 or 5PM in the afternoon in syndication (followed by Highway Patrol)
and I watched often
but it always me feel queasy for some reason.
might have been the background music or the way it was shot,
kinda out of focus especially the under water sequences

Highway Patrol is on you tube. All episodes

#8847 1 year ago
Quoted from pinmister:

INGREDIENTS
1 1/2 cup milk
1/4 cup sugar
2 teaspoons vanilla
12 ice cubes

I wonder if we went to the same mall? I was obsessed with this place. What setting do you set the blender and can I just refrigerate the rest or does it have to be blended fresh?

#8848 1 year ago
Quoted from Viggin900:

. What setting do you set the blender and can I just refrigerate the rest or does it have to be blended fresh?

So you need to crush the ice good and may put on liquify for a brief moment-you want it like a smoothie consistency. You can't refrigerate or freeze-have to enjoy fresh.

So when I was in elementary and early middle school I would go up to 7-11 with $1-$3 dollar weekly allowance. It was magical as I could ride my BMX bike up there with friends and entertain myself for hours. I would buy a small Slurpee, some .10 cent candy on bottom shelf and have extra quarters to go play video games in the back and hangout for hours(still can't believe they allowed it back in the day).

Fast forward to middle school-early high school and the local mall was the place to be. We had a Burger King across from Tilt arcade and a couple shops down was Orange Julius. All the punks and degenerates would hang out in front of BK and the arcade smoking cigs. I would get me an Orange Julius and a slice of thin NY pizza and then go play all the latest arcade/pinball games. I wish the malls nowadays would have the same magic. Now I drop the kids off to the mall to hang out and they just walk around taking selfies for snapchat-oh how times have changed.

#8849 1 year ago
Quoted from rosh:

while searching for something in my basement , stumbled across this.
This is one of those, that if you know what it is, it will make you smile and likely bring back a memory.

A "P Box"!

I built lots of those! They were awesome.
I really miss Radio Shack.

#8850 1 year ago

I want to get a few models and build them. Summertime I will be getting them.
https://fantastic-plastic.com/index.html

D1C86CAD-11D6-4B49-84B6-0C855ED54E0C (resized).jpegD1C86CAD-11D6-4B49-84B6-0C855ED54E0C (resized).jpeg
There are 9,757 posts in this topic. You are on page 177 of 196.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-were-your-favorite-childhood-toys/page/177 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.