stfu.gif
speedy-gonzales-movie-donald-trump (resized).jpg
IMG_4109 (resized).JPG
Screenshot_20240319-093421 (resized).png
Screenshot_20240318_220904_Chrome (resized).jpg
Unknown (resized).jpeg
2024-03-18_09-56-44 (resized).jpg
shot0037 (resized).png
There are 9,751 posts in this topic. You are on page 153 of 196.
#7601 1 year ago
Quoted from Atari_Daze:

Friction holds the Coke can to the frame and as the tire rotates it makes a growling sound.

Same principle as the Cubii. I opened one up and found a Coke can used for its internal resistance mechanism.
Cubii (resized).jpgCubii (resized).jpg

#7602 1 year ago

I Would sure enjoy a trip to cedar pointe!

A03F9618-91FE-4B1A-A321-C674A3AD1FC2 (resized).jpegA03F9618-91FE-4B1A-A321-C674A3AD1FC2 (resized).jpegE431AD8D-8F54-45E0-80CB-34DAB707051E (resized).jpegE431AD8D-8F54-45E0-80CB-34DAB707051E (resized).jpeg
#7603 1 year ago
Quoted from girloveswaffles:

He was also in Gerry Anderson's special done for NBC "The day After Tomorrow: Into Infinity" (along with Brian Blessed).

So I read this post earlier this morning. Look what popped up in my YouTube feed just now...

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#7604 1 year ago
Quoted from Atari_Daze:

So I read this post earlier this morning. Look what popped up in my YouTube feed just now...[quoted image]

The Gerry Anderson "Day After Tomorrow" Pre-dates that by eight years.
You can get it on DVD collection of "Lost shows":
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B074WJTFSW/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_image

#7605 1 year ago
Quoted from Azmodeus:

I Would sure enjoy a trip to cedar pointe!
[quoted image][quoted image]

Reminds me of Fort Dells as a kid. I loved it. They would have a mock shoot out and kids could help arrest the villain Black Bart. Was pretty cool.

FortDells (resized).jpgFortDells (resized).jpg
#7606 1 year ago

The Gerry Anderson "Day After Tomorrow" Pre-dates that by eight years.
You can get it on DVD collection of "Lost shows":
amazon.com link »

I need to check this out, looks like the cheesy, B SciFi series/movies I would enjoy!

#7607 1 year ago
Quoted from Atari_Daze:

So I read this post earlier this morning. Look what popped up in my YouTube feed just now...[quoted image]

The days of surfing anonymously are over. Now, you Google to look for something, and the next day you start getting emails about what you were looking at.

I'll probably start getting ads for bicycles tomorrow.

#7608 1 year ago

Frontier Town for me, still open today

https://westernthemepark.frontiertown.com/

#7609 1 year ago
Quoted from Atari_Daze:

The Day After was in some 750 VHS tapes that I gave Goodwill. I still remember the ICBM's going off to Russia. Kind of makes you feel Putin is finally getting what is coming to him. Enjoy the clip.

#7610 1 year ago
Quoted from AlexF:

Reminds me of Fort Dells as a kid. I loved it. They would have a mock shoot out and kids could help arrest the villain Black Bart. Was pretty cool.[quoted image]

Quoted from AlexF:

Reminds me of Fort Dells as a kid. I loved it. They would have a mock shoot out and kids could help arrest the villain Black Bart. Was pretty cool.[quoted image]

Clarks in New Hampshire. https://clarksbears.com/index2.php

It's like walking into the past. A real steam locomotive ride and a steam car. And a bear show.

But they did get rid of Casa Loca a few years ago which came from Freedom Land and was something I remember vividly from my yute.

///Rich

#7611 1 year ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Had this too![quoted image]

Tried to pull the other kids over with this one.

8A1A517E-530C-4FF0-B450-D71F42F9542D (resized).jpeg8A1A517E-530C-4FF0-B450-D71F42F9542D (resized).jpeg
#7612 1 year ago

Pleasure Island in Eagle River was very similar to Fort Dells, and also had a Cowboy Show. Bad guy would break out of jail starting a gunfight, run off into the woods. Then he'd hold up the train or stagecoach, have a shootout and get captured by the sheriff, (who was conveniently onboard) wind up back in jail, and the whole thing would start over.

We'd go there in the 70's every summer. In hindsight, the place was a dump, but we had some great times!

EagleRiver_PleasureIsland (resized).jpgEagleRiver_PleasureIsland (resized).jpg
#7613 1 year ago
Quoted from tullster:

Pleasure Island in Eagle River was very similar to Fort Dells, and also had a Cowboy Show. Bad guy would break out of jail starting a gunfight, run off into the woods. Then he'd hold up the train or stagecoach, have a shootout and get captured by the sheriff, (who was conveniently onboard) wind up back in jail, and the whole thing would start over.
We'd go there in the 70's every summer. In hindsight, the place was a dump, but we had some great times![quoted image]

Well lower left pic on flyer appears to be a hanging for folks to witness. Also I see nickel beers at the Long Branch saloon.

That’s 70’s family fun right there! Things are so lame today

#7614 1 year ago

When I was a kid, the old Seaside Amusement Park down at the oceanfront was still open. We'd often go there when we had guests from out of town. The place had a real old-school carny vibe.

Then in 1975 Busch Gardens Williamsburg opened. We'd drive up every year. It's still my favorite park. In '78 they opened the Loch Ness Monster with its two interlocked loops. It's not much by today's coaster standards, but back then it was cutting edge. I'll still put in a few rides on it when I'm there. It's worth the wait for the front or back seats. Still puts a smile on my face.

Seaside Amusement Park 2 (resized).jpgSeaside Amusement Park 2 (resized).jpg

Seaside Amusement Park 1 (resized).jpgSeaside Amusement Park 1 (resized).jpg

Loch Ness 1 (resized).jpgLoch Ness 1 (resized).jpg

Loch Ness 2 (resized).jpgLoch Ness 2 (resized).jpg

#7615 1 year ago
Screenshot_20220418-132941_Google (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220418-132941_Google (resized).jpg
#7616 1 year ago

It was spectacular in its own way. The earthquake at cedar pointe now gone.

#7617 1 year ago
Quoted from Azmodeus:

It was spectacular in its own way. The earthquake at cedar pointe now gone.

What about the Drugs store next door

#7618 1 year ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

What about the Drugs store next door

It was a different time.

#7619 1 year ago

Sold at Radio Shack

pinball (resized).jpgpinball (resized).jpg
#7620 1 year ago
Quoted from bob_e:

Sold at Radio Shack

I think this was sold by them as well, Atari knock off?

s-l1600 (1) (resized).jpgs-l1600 (1) (resized).jpg
#7621 1 year ago
Quoted from Atari_Daze:

I think this was sold by them as well, Atari knock off?[quoted image]

That's the Magnavox Odyssey 2 - released in 1978 (yes, as a competitor to the popular Atari 2600), BUT the original Odyssey from Magnavox was released years before (1972) the Atari 2600 (1977) and is the true OG of home consoles. It was the very first to offer different games on ROM cartridges (sold separately of course).

odyssey (resized).jpegodyssey (resized).jpeg
#7622 1 year ago
Quoted from ClarkGriswold:

... It was the very first to offer different games on ROM cartridges (sold separately of course).[quoted image]

Not ROM's. Each cartridge was a set of jumpers that changed the Game play. Also had no CPU (Like most the earliest home consoles and arcade games).
https://vgamehistory.fandom.com/wiki/Magnavox_Odyssey

#7623 1 year ago
Quoted from Atari_Daze:

I think this was sold by them as well, Atari knock off?[quoted image]

I lucked out several years ago and found one of those in the box that had 15 cartridges with it (most still in their boxes!).

I still have it.

#7624 1 year ago

Not ROM's. Each cartridge was a set of jumpers that changed the Game play. Also had no CPU (Like most the earliest home consoles and arcade games).
https://vgamehistory.fandom.com/wiki/Magnavox_Odyssey

That's interesting, I didn't know that! I assumed they were ROMs...

#7625 1 year ago

That's the Magnavox Odyssey 2 - released in 1978 (yes, as a competitor to the popular Atari 2600), BUT the original Odyssey from Magnavox was released years before (1972) the Atari 2600 (1977) and is the true OG of home consoles. It was the very first to offer different games on ROM cartridges (sold separately of course).[quoted image]

Does that have toasters for controllers?

#7626 1 year ago

That's the Magnavox Odyssey 2 - released in 1978 (yes, as a competitor to the popular Atari 2600), BUT the original Odyssey from Magnavox was released years before (1972) the Atari 2600 (1977) and is the true OG of home consoles. It was the very first to offer different games on ROM cartridges (sold separately of course).[quoted image]

Holly crap! I had one of those but couldn’t remember what it was called. My uncle was an electronics buff and got it for me for Christmas. I had never seen anything like it. I remember it having static clings for “graphics”. Pretty lame really, but it sparked my creativity. I would make my own clings using sharpie markers and saranwrap! My best invention was a roulette game. The neighborhood kids and I would all place bets and then blindfold one of us. The blindfolded one didn’t have any skin in the game. They would rotate the controller knobs in a random frenzy and then let go of it. Wherever it’s stopped was the winning number/color.

#7627 1 year ago
B9FE99D1-ABF5-4771-9429-1CA0977C3E47 (resized).pngB9FE99D1-ABF5-4771-9429-1CA0977C3E47 (resized).png
#7628 1 year ago

Listening to this WCFL Chicago Top 10 song countdown from Jan. 28, 1967 made me smile.

https://bit.ly/3s8kUAY

#7629 1 year ago
Quoted from mooch:

Listening to this WCFL Chicago Top 10 song countdown from Jan. 28, 1967 made me smile.
https://bit.ly/3s8kUAY

I remember all of them except for #4. Hey there Georgie Girl, I'm going to tell it like it is. I had too much to dream last night and it's kind of a drag that you're pushing too hard on me.

#7630 1 year ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

I remember all of them except for #4. Hey there Georgie Girl, I'm going to tell it like it is. I had too much to dream last night and it's kind of a drag that you're pushing too hard on me.

I think #4 was a local hit in Chicago.

7EA3092D-14A0-48E1-9E5F-81D2E9DCEF18 (resized).jpeg7EA3092D-14A0-48E1-9E5F-81D2E9DCEF18 (resized).jpeg
#7631 1 year ago
Quoted from mooch:

I think #4 was a local hit in Chicago.
[quoted image]

I had an album from a Chicago recording artist in 1975-76: Bill Quateman.

#7632 1 year ago

I remember all those songs except, "pushin too hard", which was on this thread or another.
For some reason, It hauntingly grew on me.

#7633 1 year ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

I remember all those songs except, "pushin too hard", which was on this thread or another.
For some reason, It hauntingly grew on me.

I bought the Seeds album for that song. And, as usual, with lots of albums, you got the one good song, one mediocre song, and 8 pieces of trash.

#7634 1 year ago

This is the one I remember!

R (resized).jpgR (resized).jpg
#7635 1 year ago

It's not exactly a toy and it is not a youthful memory, but...

I saw this ad for a clear backpack box so you can take your kitty cat out walking with you. I don't write reviews or make comments but I could not resist knocking this hot box of a contraption to roast your cat in. I called it for what it was: In so many words, a death trap for cats. My comments did not even make it 24 hours before they were taken down by the Yahoo people. They can't have someone like me fkng with sales.

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/highly-rated-cat-backpack-on-sale-204044094.html?a20_comeback_from_auth=1&guccounter=1&guce_referrer=aHR0cHM6Ly9sb2dpbi55YWhvby5jb20v&guce_referrer_sig=AQAAAJCTJ-x0mHXXjkIjuBejyrfGJLWvtyVSrGQUFeZQAsardnGIWWsbboHn-K6eE3ujtVEIq2A02pPKIt0wWeavuCiusG7YJU7hDXhRR0kLvP2R_7WU8L0CpNEt1zxoWyiZG2lRqzY8JnDNHtyf4AF15u55CN2q5WO6iY3t5BuEQW4G

#7636 1 year ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

It's not exactly a toy and it is not a youthful memory, but...
I saw this ad for a clear backpack box so you can take your kitty cat out walking with you. I don't write reviews or make comments but I could not resist knocking this hot box of a contraption to roast your cat in. I called it for what it was: In so many words, a death trap for cats. My comments did not even make it 24 hours before they were taken down by the Yahoo people. They can't have someone like me fkng with sales.
https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/highly-rated-cat-backpack-on-sale-204044094.html?a20_comeback_from_auth=1&guccounter=1&guce_referrer=aHR0cHM6Ly9sb2dpbi55YWhvby5jb20v&guce_referrer_sig=AQAAAJCTJ-x0mHXXjkIjuBejyrfGJLWvtyVSrGQUFeZQAsardnGIWWsbboHn-K6eE3ujtVEIq2A02pPKIt0wWeavuCiusG7YJU7hDXhRR0kLvP2R_7WU8L0CpNEt1zxoWyiZG2lRqzY8JnDNHtyf4AF15u55CN2q5WO6iY3t5BuEQW4G

Just saw this on Twitter:
Just so much wrong.

#7637 1 year ago

Just saw this on Twitter:
[quoted image]
Just so much wrong.

That POS would be like being in a hot car with the windows up. And not a bit of shade if the owner is walking eastbound in the afternoon.

#7638 1 year ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

That POS would be like being in a hot car with the windows up. And not a bit of shade if the owner is walking eastbound in the afternoon.

What do you expect from someone with an emotional support DUCK.

#7639 1 year ago

We have one overweight cat who’s afraid of the outdoors. We tried to put a harness on her to take her for a walk, and she made a bunch of sounds that came straight from hell. Stay fat, my scary friend.

#7640 1 year ago
Quoted from Atari_Daze:

What do you expect from someone with an emotional support DUCK.

Oh! Don't EVEN get me started on "Emotional Support Animals"!

#7641 1 year ago

Buuut..emotional support fish?!! I hate humans, sometimes, lol
Katsugyo-Bag-Live-Fish-Carrier-Bag-4 (resized).jpgKatsugyo-Bag-Live-Fish-Carrier-Bag-4 (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220504-204855_Chrome (resized).jpgScreenshot_20220504-204855_Chrome (resized).jpg

#7642 1 year ago

Things that make other people happy don’t bother me, no matter how strange they are. I mean, playing pinball makes me happy and a hell of a lot of people don’t get that.

#7643 1 year ago
Quoted from swampfire:

Things that make other people happy don’t bother me, no matter how strange they are. I mean, playing pinball makes me happy and a hell of a lot of people don’t get that.

Amen. Live and let live. Unfortunately we are not moving in the right direction!

///Rich

#7644 1 year ago

I think I'm going to fly a few rockets this weekend. I still have a box with some of them almost intact, from when playing with the kids.. always loved the sound and smell of those Estes engines! But half the fun was retrieving them after..!

fetchimage.giffetchimage.gif
#7645 1 year ago
Quoted from swampfire:

We have one overweight cat who’s afraid of the outdoors. We tried to put a harness on her to take her for a walk, and she made a bunch of sounds that came straight from hell. Stay fat, my scary friend.

Before youtube, before full screen videos (15 years, maybe), I was watching some guy talk about cats. He had a yellow tabby on a leash and was stroking the cat's ears as he talked. He had the leash handle wrapped around his wrist so he could not just drop the leash.

All of a sudden, the cat went off and started clawing and climbing all over the guy. It was hilarious watching the this guy dance, and twist, and shout to try and get away from kitty's claws. But he has having trouble getting the leash from his wrist as the cat kept climbing and clawing

Finally, he got loose from the leash and the cat took off.

#7646 1 year ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Before youtube, before full screen videos (15 years, maybe), I was watching some guy talk about cats. He had a yellow tabby on a leash and was stroking the cat's ears as he talked. He had the leash handle wrapped around his wrist so he could not just drop the leash.
All of a sudden, the cat went off and started clawing and climbing all over the guy. It was hilarious watching the this guy dance, and twist, and shout to try and get away from kitty's claws. But he has having trouble getting the leash from his wrist as the cat kept climbing and clawing
Finally, he got loose from the leash and the cat took off.

You mean Pinky the cat?

From way back in 1989.

#7647 1 year ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Mmmm.... Roast duck.

#7648 1 year ago

I have a really cool hairless cat. It stays at home. I thought it would be fun to take her out, but no. Never.

0CFDE8A9-8CDB-42CC-BAF4-4C5866858D4E (resized).jpeg0CFDE8A9-8CDB-42CC-BAF4-4C5866858D4E (resized).jpeg
#7649 1 year ago
Quoted from Azmodeus:

I have a really cool hairless cat. It stays at home. I thought it would be fun to take her out, but no. Never.
[quoted image]

Who's the better player?

#7650 1 year ago

You mean Pinky the cat?
From way back in 1989.

No. Not Pinky. Similar, but Pinky is not climbing all over the guy.

My guy was just wearing a T-shirt and the cat was climbing all over him. And there were no helpers around. Imagine if you had a cat scratching and clawing you and you can't get get away. Imagine the you way you would screaming and yelling as you try to get away from the cat's claws.

There are 9,751 posts in this topic. You are on page 153 of 196.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-were-your-favorite-childhood-toys/page/153 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.