BagofGlass (resized).jpg
434599499_10228561822663909_2493513439072746909_n (resized).jpg
Screen Shot 2024-03-30 at 7.43.04 PM (resized).png
pasted_image (resized).png
Big Chief pad (resized).png
stfu.gif
speedy-gonzales-movie-donald-trump (resized).jpg
IMG_4109 (resized).JPG
There are 9,757 posts in this topic. You are on page 150 of 196.
#7451 2 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

I have no idea. I called a place that sells old consoles and was told that it’s pretty much impossible to make it play on the new tellys so I guess it’s trash.

Here's the simplest way to get it connected.

Here's the RCA to type F adapter:

https://www.amazon.com/RFAdapter-Connector-Convertor-Commodore-Colecovision/dp/B07VWQF6WS/ref=asc_df_B07VWQF6WS

...The interference filter
https://www.amazon.com/Filter-Improves-Antenna-Amplifier-Signals/dp/B09L6ZQ964/ref=sr_1_1_sspa

And if you need it, a replacement Switch box.
https://www.amazon.com/Game-Switch-Atari-Colecovision-Intellivision/dp/B0013N0CX8/ref=sr_1_3

#7452 2 years ago

Did anyone actually have a Atari joystick where you couldn't pull off the sleeve? I used to chew on it. Lol

Z.jpgZ.jpg
#7453 2 years ago
Quoted from dirkdiggler:

Did anyone actually have a Atari joystick where you couldn't pull off the sleeve? I used to chew on it. Lol
[quoted image]

Wico did.
pasted_image  (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
There were others, but I don't remember who made them.

#7454 2 years ago

Kind of ashamed to write this here, but….this is what we used to sing in college (long time ago). Please forgive me….weird how I could still remember the words. I know, it’s not PC. Do not read if you are easily offended.

We are the Pi Phi’s
Pi Phi’s are we
Happy go lucky
Bare assed and free
We are the freshmen
We lay the best men,
We are the Pi Phi girls.

We are the Pi Phi’s
Pi Phi’s are we
Happy go lucky
Bare assed and free
We are the sophomore
We make the best whores
We are the pi phi girls.

We are the Pi Phi’s
Pi Phi’s are we
Happy go lucky
Bare assed and free
We are the Juniors
We drop our bloomers
We are the pi phi girls.

We are the Pi Phi’s
Pi Phi’s are we
Happy go lucky
Bare assed and free
We are the Seniors
We suck the wieners
We are the pi phi girls.

We are the Pi Phi’s
Pi Phi’s are we
Happy go lucky
Bare assed and free
We are the post grads
We lick the Gonads
We are the pi phi girls.

We are the Pi Phi’s
Pi Phi’s are we
Happy go lucky
Bare assed and free
We are the Alumni
We make the cum fly
We are the pi phi girls.

(please forgive me for sharing this…well, we used to think it was funny at the time).

#7455 2 years ago
Quoted from JethroP:

Kind of ashamed to write this here, but….this is what we used to sing in college (long time ago). Please forgive me….weird how I could still remember the words. I know, it’s not PC. Do not read if you are easily offended.
We are the Pi Phi’s
Pi Phi’s are we
Happy go lucky
Bare assed and free
We are the freshmen
We lay the best men,
We are the Pi Phi girls.
We are the Pi Phi’s
Pi Phi’s are we
Happy go lucky
Bare assed and free
We are the sophomore
We make the best whores
We are the pi phi girls.
We are the Pi Phi’s
Pi Phi’s are we
Happy go lucky
Bare assed and free
We are the Juniors
We drop our bloomers
We are the pi phi girls.
We are the Pi Phi’s
Pi Phi’s are we
Happy go lucky
Bare assed and free
We are the Seniors
We suck the wieners
We are the pi phi girls.
We are the Pi Phi’s
Pi Phi’s are we
Happy go lucky
Bare assed and free
We are the post grads
We lick the Gonads
We are the pi phi girls.
We are the Pi Phi’s
Pi Phi’s are we
Happy go lucky
Bare assed and free
We are the Alumni
We make the cum fly
We are the pi phi girls.
(please forgive me for sharing this…well, we used to think it was funny at the time).

So, Jethro, it sort of sounds like you might be an Ellie May instead of a Jed with the words of this college chant

I can't speak for the others. I was in the Navy for 6 years and worked on the factory floor for 25. I've heard it all. My "I am so offended" switch broke years ago.

#7456 2 years ago

Blame it on Jethro. This is not exactly a youthful memory for me, but it was fun to read this several years ago.

Background: A college girl decided she was going to screw the entire sports team. She did. And then she wrote a thesis evaluating the lovemaking skills of each player. It was supposed to be private. And then she sent her essay to a friend ( a blabber mouth ) who shared it on the internet.

As Jethro stated in his post, if you are easily offended then pass on by.

Here is some background from Wikipedia

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2010_Duke_University_faux_sex_thesis_controversy

Here is the thesis:

https://slideplayer.com/slide/3887299/

Here it is on a different website. You might find this easier to read:

https://dokumen.tips/documents/an-education-beyond-the-classroom-excelling-in-the-realm-of-horizontal-academics.html

#7457 2 years ago
Quoted from girloveswaffles:

Here's the simplest way to get it connected.
Here's the RCA to type F adapter:
amazon.com link »
...The interference filter
amazon.com link »
And if you need it, a replacement Switch box.
amazon.com link »

Then you still need a TV that can tune analog channel 3 or 4, which not all new sets bother doing anymore, since TV no longer broadcasts in analog.

By feeding the Atari into a VCR's antenna input, you can tune it in and send it to a newer TV's composite video or S-video input. (By the way, I've never heard it suggested or done it myself, I just know it would work, I heard the problem and came up with a solution.)

Scratching my head about anyone needing an original style video game switchbox these days, which uses the old 300 ohm balanced twinlead. That's what the first adapter you listed was used to avoid, way back when TVs switched to coax antenna inputs. We used to have to put a 50 ohm unbalanced to 300 ohm balanced balun on both sides of that switch, did wonders for the antenna signal strength let me tell you...

#7458 2 years ago
Quoted from DanQverymuch:

Then you still need a TV that can tune analog channel 3 or 4, which not all new sets bother doing anymore, since TV no longer broadcasts in analog.

1. Last time I checked, all my "Digital" T.V.s tuners still do tune in The old analog VHF band signals. There's generally nothing broadcast for them to revive.
2. There are many video showing how to do what was in the same video I posted. I also showed links to the parts shown in the video.
3. It's also not necessarily the best way to do it. I just showed ONE easy way to do it. There are other ways like using a VCR between the console and the
T.V. or getting an RF to Composite converter, and if you have a newer set that doesn't have composite inputs you add a composite to HDMI converter.

#7459 2 years ago

None of which makes anything I said incorrect.

Some of the newest TVs can't receive analog, which is what I believe the problem originally asked was about. I have yet to see one with no composite video input, though. If you want to use a computer monitor, then yeah, an HDMI converter will be needed.

We're on the same side here! I was flabbergasted that someone would imply anyone should "trash" their Atari!

#7460 2 years ago

One of the first things I started collecting were beer caps and lounge coasters. Found my old box of coasters. Here's a few

20220323_115647.jpg20220323_115647.jpg20220323_115727.jpg20220323_115727.jpg20220323_115607.jpg20220323_115607.jpg
#7461 2 years ago

Dutch, German or Afrikaners

#7462 2 years ago

A few more. Lots of German and Swiss brands.

20220323_122919.jpg20220323_122919.jpg20220323_123039.jpg20220323_123039.jpg20220323_123123.jpg20220323_123123.jpg
#7463 2 years ago

Those are neat! Stella Artois is Belgian originally, but is brewed in the U.S. for the domestic market now.

#7464 2 years ago
Quoted from dirkdiggler:

One of the first things I started collecting were beer caps and lounge coasters. Found my old box of coasters. Here's a few

I love the coasters with the finger holes.
They remind me of my old 1968 Topps Laugh-In trading cards with the punch out holes.

8F3DBEF0-1A3C-45F8-B254-C594D03E28CF (resized).jpeg8F3DBEF0-1A3C-45F8-B254-C594D03E28CF (resized).jpeg
#7465 2 years ago
Quoted from zombywoof:

Those are neat! Stella Artois is Belgian originally, but is brewed in the U.S. for the domestic market now.

The same is true for Beck’s. They say it is the same, but I taste the difference. They also did away with Beck’s Dark.

To keep it on topic, I remember playing quarters with Beck’s Dark at a high school party when I was 17. Me and a couple of friends were outright quarters ninjas, and had brought a case of Beck’s Dark to the party. Before long, we had more than a few players throwing up in the bushes.

Most folks play quarters with the red Solo cups, or a traditional shot glass. Both are ridiculously easy. We used these, and still would often hit a dozen shots or more in a row.

Quarters (resized).pngQuarters (resized).png

These glasses may or may not have been stolen from Red Lobster by my former girlfriend. I believe the statute of limitations has long since expired.

#7466 2 years ago

Speaking of drinking games, did anyone ever actually play the board game Pass-Out? Apparently I did on at least one occasion. Note the O.G. Moosehead labels still in the box.

Pass-Out (resized).pngPass-Out (resized).png

#7468 2 years ago

I got Feely Meely for my Birthday in 1967.. After we finished with the enclosed objects, we improvised.
Dead Frogs, Dog Poop, soiled Diaper....The Funny stuff for 7 year old boys.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#7469 2 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

I got Feely Meely for my Birthday in 1967.. After we finished with the enclosed objects, we improvised.
Dead Frogs, Dog Poop, soiled Diaper....The Funny stuff for 7 year old boys.[quoted image]

Such a great concept! Also I love your improvs. I would have been right there with a slug or something else gross.

#7470 2 years ago

Does everyone have their first, or Memorable Firecracker/Fireworks story?

Me first Exposure was my older cousin, and cracker balls. Early Snap and Pops.

He lived on like the 12 floor, with a view that allowed us to watch the Verrazano Bridge in NY
being built.
We would drop them into the courtyard and scare people. My Ass was Grass!

I was 5, and got all the blame from the older boys.

Next Generation, I gave these to my son, around age 3.

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#7471 2 years ago

I guess my first ‘firework’ would be these. I was so young that I don’t even remember my age. These were followed by sparklers, smoke bombs, and an ever increasing litany of explosives. I’m just glad I still have 10 fingers.

15027E2A-B1A7-4C0A-B528-E37E1B5E1FEA (resized).jpeg15027E2A-B1A7-4C0A-B528-E37E1B5E1FEA (resized).jpeg

#7472 2 years ago

Ah yes, roll caps. Goes with one of these! Thanks for the memory!

Screen Shot 2022-03-25 at 8.00.51 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2022-03-25 at 8.00.51 AM (resized).png
#7473 2 years ago

I can still smell that smell! Mmm, gun powder

Quoted from zombywoof:

I guess my first ‘firework’ would be these. I was so young that I don’t even remember my age. These were followed by sparklers, smoke bombs, and an ever increasing litany of explosives. I’m just glad I still have 10 fingers.
[quoted image]

#7474 2 years ago
Quoted from zombywoof:

[quoted image]

I remember taking the roll of caps, place them on the sidewalk. Then jump on them with my pogo stick. Made a pretty good bang.

#7475 2 years ago
Quoted from Sputnik:

I remember taking the roll of caps, place them on the sidewalk. Then jump on them with my pogo stick

I just hit the roll with a hammer.
I wonder if that is where my hearing deficiency comes from.

#7476 2 years ago

Vertibird one of my favorite toys. Did a quick search and did not see H R Pufnstuf mentioned also the banana splits

#7477 2 years ago
Quoted from Atari_Daze:

Me too. My parents wouldn’t let us have guns Eve if it was a toy.

#7478 2 years ago
Quoted from Bt67:

...also the banana splits

My KLOV avatar:

#7479 2 years ago

We never got the whole island in Canada we had had to settle for Danger Bay.

730AD5AA-6C4F-4F93-BE1F-B42766BCA9BE (resized).jpeg730AD5AA-6C4F-4F93-BE1F-B42766BCA9BE (resized).jpeg
#7480 2 years ago
Quoted from Atari_Daze:

In a friends garage we did the same and then I took a 5 pound sledge hammer and and hit a whole box (5 rolls) and BOOM his mom came out thinking we blew up the garage

#7481 2 years ago

I got the RF to HDMI converter and the PAL to RCA adapter mentioned back in Post #7447. The video from Post #7446 was very helpful for setup.
I plugged in the RF output from my old NES which was the first game system I found in the garage.
It works like a charm! Great picture, games play fine, no sound problems or lag time as far as I can tell.
I took screen pics of the NES Contra and Klax games on a 47” LG TV connected by an HDMI cable.

C9B1AD90-127C-4381-9E1A-4135900FC1F8 (resized).jpegC9B1AD90-127C-4381-9E1A-4135900FC1F8 (resized).jpeg8AB71B2F-0A1F-4064-818B-A9725997C262 (resized).jpeg8AB71B2F-0A1F-4064-818B-A9725997C262 (resized).jpegD70CA71A-4A9A-4BEB-9702-7DC00533D7D1 (resized).jpegD70CA71A-4A9A-4BEB-9702-7DC00533D7D1 (resized).jpeg6941D547-8390-4833-9D76-95A4CA69D00D (resized).jpeg6941D547-8390-4833-9D76-95A4CA69D00D (resized).jpeg
#7482 2 years ago
Quoted from Bt67:

Vertibird one of my favorite toys. Did a quick search and did not see H R Pufnstuf mentioned also the banana splits

And both were created by Sid and Marty Krofft.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Banana_Splits

#7483 2 years ago
Quoted from EdisonArcade:

My KLOV avatar:
[quoted image]

Pop Quiz: Who Directed Danger Island? (No Google searches!)

#7484 2 years ago
Quoted from zombywoof:

The same is true for Beck’s. They say it is the same, but I taste the difference. They also did away with Beck’s Dark.
To keep it on topic, I remember playing quarters with Beck’s Dark at a high school party when I was 17. Me and a couple of friends were outright quarters ninjas, and had brought a case of Beck’s Dark to the party. Before long, we had more than a few players throwing up in the bushes.
Most folks play quarters with the red Solo cups, or a traditional shot glass. Both are ridiculously easy. We used these, and still would often hit a dozen shots or more in a row.
[quoted image]
These glasses may or may not have been stolen from Red Lobster by my former girlfriend. I believe the statute of limitations has long since expired.

I also thought Becks Dark was no longer brewed. Looks like it might be available again in certain areas. I agree on Becks being not as good as it used to be.

I have fond memories of purchasing Becks Dark beers before and after Grateful Dead shows starting in 1987. I was only 16 at the time but parking lot vendors didn’t care how old you were. Normally only had one before and another after the show ended. They tasted so good! Compared to the Bud or Coors lite that my friends drank.

73C16AD9-1673-480E-839A-EDED073B641C (resized).jpeg73C16AD9-1673-480E-839A-EDED073B641C (resized).jpeg
#7485 2 years ago

I’m in the mood for some spirit.

EC7192B9-8BB5-4E52-A36C-C8821CE34951 (resized).jpegEC7192B9-8BB5-4E52-A36C-C8821CE34951 (resized).jpeg
#7486 2 years ago

I’m going to find a spirit tee shirt.

#7487 2 years ago
Quoted from zombywoof:

The same is true for Beck’s. They say it is the same, but I taste the difference

Quoted from ultimategameroom:

I agree on Becks being not as good as it used to be.

Did Beck's change its formula to save money? That's what Schlitz, The Beer That Made Milwaukee Famous did in the 70s. The move backfired.

https://beerconnoisseur.com/articles/how-milwaukees-famous-beer-became-infamous

" At the same time Uihlein instructed his brewers to begin cutting costs by using corn syrup to replace some of the malted barley used to make the beer, and by substituting cheaper hop pellets for fresh hops. The ingredient alterations were meant to be made incrementally, Uihlein's belief apparently being that drinkers would not notice each slight change to the product. "

" Meanwhile Schlitz was running into trouble with its mainstream brand, after an attempt to disguise to consumers what it was putting into its beer."

" Schlitz decided to use another beer stabilizer instead, one that would be filtered out of the final product and thus would not have to be listed as among the ingredients. "

"For months Schlitz kept quiet about the problem, ..."

" By the end of 1977 Schlitz was on the slide, with profits, market share and capacity utilization dropping."

" The end came quickly. In June 1981 Schlitz closed its Milwaukee plant ..."

#7488 2 years ago
Quoted from Azmodeus:

I’m going to find a spirit tee shirt.

Good luck with that. Graffiti Designs used to make some (including San Diego Comic Con exclusives), but they decided to stop making printed shirts.
Stylin' Online has one design:
I did however find this:
https://www.mercari.com/us/item/m38368842045/?msclkid=cebb4476ad2c11eca457356fd8024162
Screen Shot 2022-03-26 at 10.52.34 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2022-03-26 at 10.52.34 AM (resized).png
But many choices are eBay type auctions and are not cheap (1994 Comic Con exclusive going for $200.00!).
ebay.com link: itm
Screen Shot 2022-03-26 at 10.51.02 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2022-03-26 at 10.51.02 AM (resized).png
https://www.bing.com/shop?q=Will+Eisner+Spirit+Tee+Shirt&FORM=SHOPTB

#7489 2 years ago

That the spirit!

#7490 2 years ago

Remember making book covers for your school textbooks using brown paper grocery bags? I got pretty good at doing this myself as a kid. By the end of the school year, each cover was thoroughly defaced by my goofy doodles and stickers.

219772AD-DEC7-4668-AA89-916D73B0D093 (resized).jpeg219772AD-DEC7-4668-AA89-916D73B0D093 (resized).jpeg
#7491 2 years ago
Quoted from mooch:

Remember making book covers for your school textbooks using brown paper grocery bags? I got pretty good at doing this myself as a kid. By the end of the school year, each cover was thoroughly defaced by my goofy doodles and stickers.
[quoted image]

I have never seen this before.

#7492 2 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

I have never seen this before.

Would also make them using Sunday (newspaper) Comics. More colorful.

#7493 2 years ago
Quoted from mooch:

[quoted image]

Wish I kept some of those from middle school. I spent countless hours drawing 80's rock band logos and whatever on those. Good times

#7494 2 years ago

Found this while cleaning up.... 1992 3.5" floppies....Anyone else use this?

These is before Ebay, Amazon and Google, and we set up BBS with this.

I shared the software with everyone. Gosh, to think I turned down all the Jobs, like Google with Larry and Serj, or
the move to WA with Microsoft.

20220330_182248 (resized).jpg20220330_182248 (resized).jpg20220330_182318 (resized).jpg20220330_182318 (resized).jpg
#7495 2 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Found this while cleaning up.... 1992 3.5" floppies....Anyone else use this?
These is before Ebay, Amazon and Google, and we set up BBS with this.
I shared the software with everyone. Gosh, to think I turned down all the Jobs, like Google with Larry and Serj, or
the move to WA with Microsoft.[quoted image][quoted image]

Layout was for Wintel. As a Mac guy, I never got to play around with it. It looks pretty neat, though.

By ‘92 I was developing in MacroMind’s Director (later Macromedia Director). Many of the interactive environments found on early CD-ROMs were developed in Director, as were some commercial games. Unlike Layout, Director did require some coding. It had its own scripting language called Lingo.

If you ever played any of those Shockwave based, Web 1.0 era games, they were probably built in Director.

B4E4B045-63A4-4EDB-BC7C-D79CEAF3B6A1 (resized).jpegB4E4B045-63A4-4EDB-BC7C-D79CEAF3B6A1 (resized).jpeg

Macromedia Director (resized).pngMacromedia Director (resized).png

#7496 2 years ago

Oh Yes! Had those too! What an interesting time it was learning how to create things that didnt exist before!

#7497 2 years ago

Of all the toys I had growing up, my Tyco RC Fast Traxx pickup was the one that I kept coming back to all the time. Practically played with this until the rubber tracks were destroyed.

traxx (resized).jpegtraxx (resized).jpeg
#7498 2 years ago

Speaking of youthful memories, who here attended a few birthday parties at Showbiz Pizza Place?!

showbiz (resized).jpegshowbiz (resized).jpeg
#7499 2 years ago

Was just talking about ShowBiz the other day. In the late '80s there was one by us that had several decent pinball machines. And their pizza was actually pretty good - far better than Chuck-E-Cheese or any of those other similar places.

#7500 2 years ago
Quoted from Moli410:

Of all the toys I had growing up, my Tyco RC Fast Traxx pickup was the one that I kept coming back to all the time. Practically played with this until the rubber tracks were destroyed.
[quoted image]

Don't remember that one. This is what I remember. Great fun. We strapped a model rocket engine to the one my friend had that didn't end well lol.

e4aa283c5f98900a6f17ed7fefc9af5a (resized).jpge4aa283c5f98900a6f17ed7fefc9af5a (resized).jpg
There are 9,757 posts in this topic. You are on page 150 of 196.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-were-your-favorite-childhood-toys/page/150?hl=jethrop and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.