stfu.gif
speedy-gonzales-movie-donald-trump (resized).jpg
IMG_4109 (resized).JPG
Screenshot_20240319-093421 (resized).png
Screenshot_20240318_220904_Chrome (resized).jpg
Unknown (resized).jpeg
2024-03-18_09-56-44 (resized).jpg
shot0037 (resized).png
There are 9,751 posts in this topic. You are on page 122 of 196.
#6051 2 years ago

In tenth grade my biology teacher mr label was a spitting image of Benny hill. He even had strange mannerisms.

The first two weeks I found it hard to even stop laughing. Mr label. I hope he is a happy guy still.

That was 1984.

Quoted from bob_e:

I never saw that show but I do remember Benny Hill on very late night possibly PBS....
Women in lingerie, topless, and naked running around.
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

#6052 2 years ago
Quoted from bob_e:

I never saw that show but I do remember Benny Hill on very late night possibly PBS....

Benny Hill was hilarious. You couldnt have a show like that now. The PC warriors would be screaming at the top of their lungs, WREEEE WREEEE WREEE

#6053 2 years ago
Quoted from mooch:

I had one those mercury switches, too! I was fascinated by the mercury rolling around inside it. I think the one I had came from an old thermostat.

I used to live vicariously as a kid. I used to break them open and watch the mercury roll around on the kitchen table . And I was always fascinated with making shiny dimes.

#6054 2 years ago

Screen Shot 2021-08-17 at 10.01.19 AM (resized).pngScreen Shot 2021-08-17 at 10.01.19 AM (resized).png

#6055 2 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

Benny Hill was hilarious. You couldnt have a show like that now. The PC warriors would be screaming at the top of their lungs, WREEEE WREEEE WREEE

The religious culture warriors would be there screaming first.

#6056 2 years ago

There is always those but a lot of those are the biggest hypocrites there are. I am a Christian but I make give no illusions that i am perfect. None are.

#6057 2 years ago

Remember when?

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#6058 2 years ago
Quoted from EdisonArcade:

They also gave us Super Dave Osborne, who I thought was hilarious on Letterman

Super Dave had parts on HBO too. A friend of mine was named Dave. So I wrote to HBO to see if I could buy a Super Dave hat like he wore on his show.

I got a letter back telling me to never write to HBO again.

LTG : )

#6059 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

I got a letter back telling me to never write to HBO again.

Wow. That was lame of them

#6060 2 years ago
Quoted from Strummy:

Wow. That was lame of them

That is what I thought. I would rather they ignored it, or said no.

I've always had weird experiences writing to companies or people. TV Guide once had an article on Marina Sirtis ( counselor Deanna Troi on Star trek The Next Generation ) in the article they said she was wearing a new bra. If you wanted to know what and size, you could write her. So I did.

Never got the bra info. I did get a small autographed picture.

#6061 2 years ago

who as a kid had a pair of rainbow suspenders?

#6062 2 years ago
Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

Remember when?
[quoted image]

I lived in Arlington TX in early 70s. On Sunday, you walk into grocery store and more than half the aisles were roped off. You could buy some food but not all of the food offerings. That was bizarre. I think it was in 1975, right before I left Texas, that the blue laws were done away with.

Texas still has some crazy liquor laws, I think. One county will be wet and the next country is dry. When I lived there, anything east of the Trinity River was wet. And the industrial road that was on the west side of the river was a shopping center of liquor stores. And then westward for 15 miles all of Dallas County was dry until you got to the Dallas/Tarrant County line where it was wet again. And there was a huge shopping center of bars with any kind of bar action you could want. It was called The County Line.

Did you like to dance? There was Deb's Danceland. Did you like to get drunk and pick fights? There were a couple of bars for that, too. Down at the south end were the go-go bars ( titty bars were not legal, yet). And it was safe. I never heard of anything bad happening.

And during those days with the wet and dry counties, it was legal to carry an open beer can while behind the wheel.

But the grocery stores had to have their aisle roped off on Sunday.

#6063 2 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

I lived in Arlington TX in early 70s. On Sunday, you walk into grocery store and more than half the aisles were roped off. You could buy some food but not all of the food offerings. That was bizarre. I think it was in 1975, right before I left Texas, that the blue laws were done away with.
Texas still has some crazy liquor laws, I think. One county will be wet and the next country is dry. When I lived there, anything east of the Trinity River was wet. And the industrial road that was on the west side of the river was a shopping center of liquor stores. And then westward for 15 miles all of Dallas County was dry until you got to the Dallas/Tarrant County line where it was wet again. And there was a huge shopping center of bars with any kind of bar action you could want. It was called The County Line.
Did you like to dance? There was Deb's Danceland. Did you like to get drunk and pick fights? There were a couple of bars for that, too. Down at the south end were the go-go bars ( titty bars were not legal, yet). And it was safe. I never heard of anything bad happening.
And during those days with the wet and dry counties, it was legal to carry an open beer can while behind the wheel.

I went to school in Lubbock, TX in the early 90s. It was a dry town back then but alcohol was everywhere. You could still drink in all the many bars and restaurants, just not buy beer at the local store. However, all you had to do was drive 10 minutes to the edge of town to what we called the strip. It was a bunch of liquor stores out in the middle of nowhere lit up like Vegas. Quite the site. Never understood the purpose of dry laws. Looks like they finally went wet in 2009.

#6064 2 years ago

Bergen County NJ still does the blue law thing.

#6065 2 years ago
Quoted from EdisonArcade:

They also gave us Super Dave Osborne, who I thought was hilarious on Letterman

I don't remember ever seeing that show but I remember Super Dave Osbourne. He always strapped in with "real Saskatchewan Seal Skin Leather"

bob_einstein_super_dave_osborne__1942_2019__by_shinrider_ddjs8rx-pre.jpgbob_einstein_super_dave_osborne__1942_2019__by_shinrider_ddjs8rx-pre.jpg
#6066 2 years ago
Quoted from jaytrem:

Bergen County NJ still does the blue law thing.

PA still has a some of them left but they’re mostly gone.

#6067 2 years ago
Quoted from bob_e:

Not sure if you’re aware but the woman in the bottom photo is a young Jane Leeves who later went on to play Daphne on Frazier.

#6068 2 years ago
Quoted from supermatt:

Not sure if you’re aware but the woman in the bottom photo is a young Jane Leeves who later went on to play Daphne on Frazier.

The boob fairy never visited her did she?

#6069 2 years ago

At 15 and 16, 1975 and 1976, we were able to get our drivers license in Florida.
My first car was a 1968 GTO Loaded. 8 miles to the Gallon, and an engine that sounded of power.

Of course the first thing to do was add an 8 track tape player:

Next was driving with a case of beer on the back window....ie drinking and driving, was an excepted sport.
If you had a case in the school parking lot, it meant you were cutting class and heading to the beach.

But we werent old enough to buy beer, so we headed downtown Orlando to buy a fake ID!

Of course once we got to this point, Central Florida was loaded with Topless bars.
With my new ID came my 16th Birthday at a strip club, and I was thrilled, scared, and well "educated" at 16.

Clun Juana! ....... Seems like Yesterday!

pasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).pngpasted_image (resized).png
#6070 2 years ago
Quoted from LTG:

Never got the bra info. I did get a small autographed picture.

Interesting. The counselor you say.

http://www.thegeektwins.com/2014/06/7-bizarre-facts-about-deanna-trois.html

C8D07558-F3A7-41D9-8E29-DC68AD89107A (resized).jpegC8D07558-F3A7-41D9-8E29-DC68AD89107A (resized).jpeg
#6071 2 years ago
Quoted from ReadyPO:

I don't remember ever seeing that show but I remember Super Dave Osbourne. He always strapped in with "real Saskatchewan Seal Skin Leather"
[quoted image]

Super Dave was always funny.
My favorite stunt/skit was “King of The Road” aka “the Anti Highway Profanity Bus trip”.
Comedy Gold!

1F152867-6CFA-4929-A1FF-23D4759671EA (resized).jpeg1F152867-6CFA-4929-A1FF-23D4759671EA (resized).jpegF0F97027-C0C5-4597-906A-F1CC416E5634 (resized).jpegF0F97027-C0C5-4597-906A-F1CC416E5634 (resized).jpeg
#6072 2 years ago
Quoted from BMore-Pinball:

who as a kid had a pair of rainbow suspenders?[quoted image]

I think I got mine at TJ Maxx. Of course you had to make sure the pins were in the exact same spot as that picture.

#6073 2 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

I regret I never got to see Mickey Gilley's place.

#6074 2 years ago

Another “new but retro inspired” toy I am having a hard time talking myself out of (yes, I did cave and order the $500 Playmobil USS Enterprise).

https://www.ign.com/articles/nerf-lmtd-aliens-m41a-pulse-blaster

This looks like a bargain by contrast (plus a way to keep squirrels away from my bird feeders).

D6A67546-3A36-467D-8C91-7E6F2651EEE5 (resized).jpegD6A67546-3A36-467D-8C91-7E6F2651EEE5 (resized).jpeg
#6075 2 years ago
Quoted from HFK:

I snuck into Gillies a few times. It was exactly like what you see in the movie Urban Cowboy. In fact, my grandparents owned the junkyard that you see in the movie for a few seconds.

#6076 2 years ago

Jaw Jaw. Why do you have me on ignore. I see you live in Humble. Who are you.

#6077 2 years ago

Behold, the object longest in my physical possession, my "Secret Storage Box" from grade school, grade 3 if not earlier. To this day I don't know why I needed to hide anything in a pencil box at age 8, but I remember my friend Ken acquiring it from me somehow, as evidenced by his name carved on the side, and I just had to get it back somehow, which I evidently did! Funny the details your memory decides to skip.

PXL_20210818_050140768~2 (resized).jpgPXL_20210818_050140768~2 (resized).jpg

#6078 2 years ago

We had one of these as a kid my mom got at a yard sale. Would squirt water out when you pulled the handle down.

pasted_image (resized).jpegpasted_image (resized).jpeg
#6079 2 years ago
Quoted from dmacy:

We had one of these as a kid my mom got at a yard sale. Would squirt water out when you pulled the handle down. [quoted image]

I have one of these that the kids think is hilarious.

#6080 2 years ago
Quoted from HFK:

I had friends who had moved to Pasadena (Texas ) and I went to visit them in 1994. Gilley's was not too far away. By this time in my life, bar hopping was no longer a pastime and I only drove by and noticed it was a good sized building.

#6081 2 years ago

the old outhouse gagout (resized).jpgout (resized).jpgout (resized).jpgout (resized).jpg

out2 (resized).jpgout2 (resized).jpgo1 (resized).jpgo1 (resized).jpgout3 (resized).jpgout3 (resized).jpg
#6082 2 years ago

Going thru some more boxes and found this little guy. I like how it was made so far in advance of the actual event. Made of some kind of hard plastic.

I also like how it looks like it's winking at you

20210818_174416.jpg20210818_174416.jpg20210818_174404.jpg20210818_174404.jpg20210818_174355.jpg20210818_174355.jpg

#6083 2 years ago
Quoted from bob_e:

the old outhouse gag[quoted image][quoted image]
[quoted image][quoted image][quoted image]

This is the little boy peeing toy I remember.

weepybootleg2 (resized).jpgweepybootleg2 (resized).jpgweepybootleg3 (resized).jpgweepybootleg3 (resized).jpg
#6084 2 years ago

Any body remember push puppets.

892DCE07-E813-4BA0-BDC1-6823834765F0 (resized).jpeg892DCE07-E813-4BA0-BDC1-6823834765F0 (resized).jpeg
#6085 2 years ago

Mom was a smoker and she was pissed when I played this prank on her. Miss ya mom.

A1139737-8A2D-4A0F-93C0-278DDBF49D3A (resized).jpegA1139737-8A2D-4A0F-93C0-278DDBF49D3A (resized).jpegB0CC92C8-B73C-47CF-8B40-0B881D1C5B4A (resized).jpegB0CC92C8-B73C-47CF-8B40-0B881D1C5B4A (resized).jpeg
#6086 2 years ago
Quoted from bssbllr:

Mom was a smoker and she was pissed when I played this prank on her. Miss ya mom.
[quoted image][quoted image]

I had a aunt that I hated, the one that sued my grandfather along with my cousin because they didn’t like the way he was spending his money, that used to smoke a couple packs a day and didn’t care whose house or car it was. I used to put those things in every one of her cigarettes. She would wake up and grab for them and they would blow the end of the cigarette up in her face. She would cry and go back to bed or better yet leave. Thinking of it brings me pleasure. Who dies their father or grandfather. Fucking cnt

#6087 2 years ago

These were a few of my favorites.

While my brother was into Hot Wheels, I was Johnny Lightning all the way.

lemans1 (resized).jpglemans1 (resized).jpg

Also, nothing like a toy with a hot plate. Loved the Strange Change.

StrangeChange1 (resized).jpgStrangeChange1 (resized).jpg

#6088 2 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

I had a aunt that I hated, the one that sued my grandfather along with my cousin

I have been very fortunate on aunts for the most part. They were not perfect, but they always showered me with love as a young Italian boy.

Before my aunt terry passed about ten years ago, I reconnected with her and her family.

It was a good thing, to me.

Again, sorry about the crappy relatives.

I have one aunt left alive she is 101 this month.

#6089 2 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

I had a aunt that I hated, the one that sued my grandfather along with my cousin because they didn’t like the way he was spending his money, that used to smoke a couple packs a day and didn’t care whose house or car it was. I used to put those things in every one of her cigarettes. She would wake up and grab for them and they would blow the end of the cigarette up in her face. She would cry and go back to bed or better yet leave. Thinking of it brings me pleasure. Who dies their father or grandfather. Fucking cnt

Wait a second, aren't you the bible thumper??

#6090 2 years ago

I always wanted a strange change machine. They were a little before my time. I never saw one on a store shelf. Ever. They were g o n e. Like many of the toys in here.

I will likely buy it when I see it. It might need to be sitting in front of me before I do.

Coloring books from the 70s?

C74DA967-4A26-4302-9671-9BAEAB927656 (resized).jpegC74DA967-4A26-4302-9671-9BAEAB927656 (resized).jpegDED03147-E19C-44AF-8E14-30F13A6FB50E (resized).jpegDED03147-E19C-44AF-8E14-30F13A6FB50E (resized).jpeg
#6091 2 years ago

Found a Bart Simpson in a box. He had a video camera with him and I remember it fits the Krusty I found last week

20210819_184323.jpg20210819_184323.jpg
#6092 2 years ago
Quoted from pinzrfun:

Wait a second, aren't you the bible thumper??

There is a big difference in believing in Christ and being saved and being a Bible thumper. I am no Bible thumper. I try to live it but fail miserably in most cases. If you are referring to the fact that I said I hate the woman, that is a very strong word but when you sue a 93 year old man,who is perfectly in charge of his facilities, because you don’t agree with the way he spends his money and take 300k and a piece of property worth a million and then never speak to him again. He lost his daughter, two grand daughters and 3 great grand children. He now has me and my mother for family. What word would you use.

#6093 2 years ago
Quoted from zr11990:

There is a big difference in believing in Christ and being saved and being a Bible thumper. I am no Bible thumper. I try to live it but fail miserably in most cases. If you are referring to the fact that I said I hate the woman, that is a very strong word but when you sue a 93 year old man,who is perfectly in charge of his facilities, because you don’t agree with the way he spends his money and take 300k and a piece of property worth a million and then never speak to him again. He lost his daughter, two grand daughters and 3 great grand children. He now has me and my mother for family. What word would you use.

Sounds reasonable. I've seen kids and grandkids try to steal their elders blind while playing the family card.

#6094 2 years ago
2CDEA17A-5596-4E7C-8D4F-8E983A3CDEE8 (resized).png2CDEA17A-5596-4E7C-8D4F-8E983A3CDEE8 (resized).pngF8F60062-6ADB-45AA-BAB4-20C66E0A3447.gifF8F60062-6ADB-45AA-BAB4-20C66E0A3447.gif
#6095 2 years ago

For Super Dave Osborne fans, check him out on Norm MacDonald's show. Hilarious stuff (IMO).

If you haven't seen him since you were kids though, watch out

#6096 2 years ago

Remember these from the late 60’s. My older brother had all of the monster models except this one cause I had it. They all glowed in the dark or certain parts of them. This was my favorite. The forgotten prisoner that I had also forgotten about till now

BDBA8142-5937-4CF8-925F-4052CB08F027 (resized).pngBDBA8142-5937-4CF8-925F-4052CB08F027 (resized).png

#6097 2 years ago
Quoted from bonzo442:

Remember these from the late 60’s. My older brother had all of the monster models except this one cause I had it. They all glowed in the dark or certain parts of them. This was my favorite. The forgotten prisoner that I had also forgotten about till now
[quoted image]

I think I have the box for that one but sadly no model.

#6098 2 years ago
Quoted from AlexF:

I think I have the box for that one but sadly no model.

Ebay.

Look what some are paying for empty Swanson TV dinner boxes !

ebay.com link: itm

ebay.com link: sch

#6099 2 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Ebay.

Why?

#6100 2 years ago
Quoted from cottonm4:

Ebay.

It's crazy, but also crazy they didn't get tossed years ago.

Nostalgia is a powerful thing. This thread is all about re-living happy memories.

There are 9,751 posts in this topic. You are on page 122 of 196.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-were-your-favorite-childhood-toys/page/122 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.