Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 21 posts
  • 14 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 11 years ago by corvair61
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

#1 11 years ago

I missed the golden decade of modern pinball, the 1990's, due to being in school and no money or time! Over the past several years I have been drawn into the pin world and I see all the 1990s games come and go over a wide range of prices and nimber made. I am just curious for those who may have purchased a game on the early or mid 90's, what was a game price NIB on average? Were the different manufacturers similar on prices? Also, the games that had very large productoon numbers (TZ, TAF, STTNG), was that from operators putting them on location, or were people buying for their home to create such demand? Just curious on historical perspective since I missd it.

#2 11 years ago

Less what they are today roughly $2500 for taf back in da day

#3 11 years ago

Retail or what distributors paid?

#4 11 years ago
    Quoted from SealClubber:

Retail or what distributors paid?

I also would love to see a list of multiple games retail/distributor if anyone has that data.

#6 11 years ago

Great list ^^^^^^^^

#7 11 years ago
    Quoted from Pinballgeek:

Less what they are today roughly $2500 for taf back in da day

Actually you can get most of the 90's DMD's for less than their NIB prices............for now.

#8 11 years ago
    Quoted from Astropin:

Actually you can get most of the 90's DMD's for less than their NIB prices............for now.

So true.

When you think of all the games made in the 1990's, and how few have gone up well above what they originally sold for.

You realize that chances of any of the pricey pins today appreciating in value over the next 10 or 15 years, is pretty slim.

LTG : )

#9 11 years ago

I love how the Black Spider Man was only $400 more

#10 11 years ago
    Quoted from Butch2099:

I love how the Black Spider Man was only $400 more

There was a period, from about Striker Extreme to Spiderman or so where Stern was working miracles.

They made some of the greatest games TSPP, LOTR, SM, yet were selling pins for mid 90's prices.

#11 11 years ago

Was curious on retail price, what an individual or operator had to pay.

#12 11 years ago

after TRON Premium , price are too crazy with Transformer and ACDC
    with RFM p2k , price increase only for 250$

#13 11 years ago
    Quoted from GoChiefs70:

Was curious on retail price, what an individual or operator had to pay.

AFM and MM, for me was about $3600 each.

TAF was around $3200.

P2K was $4200.

#14 11 years ago

LTG, as an op, what was your first impression of p2k?

Did u balk at the price, or consider it a reasonable increase given the new platform?

#15 11 years ago

Yep, low to mid $3s for most of them.

Some of the later WPC95 games could be had for much less than MSRP by certain distributors that just couldn't sell them. I remember walking into a warehouse full of NIB machines like CV, SS, CP, MB, and being told "take a couple for $2500 each, take a bunch for $2000 each." Nobody wanted them. I'm sure many were destroyed.

#16 11 years ago

^^^^^^ damn, I had money in the '90s!

#17 11 years ago
    Quoted from Prmailers:

LTG, as an op, what was your first impression of p2k?

Did u balk at the price, or consider it a reasonable increase given the new platform?

I liked it. Non pinball people played it. And for the first time in my history a new pinball machine improved my gross. Usually putting in a new pin didn't improve gross and you just moved money around the room.

Downside was when they peddled the SW1 kit for $2500, with freight and sales tax you were looking at $7K for a pin in a dying market.

#18 11 years ago
    Quoted from Prmailers:

^^^^^^ damn, I had money in the '90s!

We all did.

#19 11 years ago

I just wish the current Stern pro's had more pizzaz to them. They always seem so bare bones/not as solid. I can't believe that all the differences between a Premium and a Pro equate to anywhere near $2000 in manufacturing costs.

#20 11 years ago

It doesn't seem that bad when you factor in inflation. Most of the early 90's machines going for the low 3ks would be at a 5k price point today NIB. They had bigger production runs and more competition to keep the price down too.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-were-1990s-nib-prices and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.