(Topic ID: 199467)

What weird offer's have you received for your Pinball Machine?

By Epistaxis

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 74 posts
  • 53 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by pickleric
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

925AF8F9-58A8-4420-9456-83889D636208 (resized).jpeg
    FullSizeRender (resized).jpg
    IMG_1331 (resized).JPG
    download (resized).jpg

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider LTG.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#18 6 years ago
    Quoted from jar155:

The offer was for cash, but the approach was super weird.

I had this guy contact me for a while that he just wanted to come play my games. Our schedules weren't lining up, but finally it worked out and he came over. We played a few two player matches and during one of my balls on AC/DC, he reaches into his bag and pulls out a stack of $100 bills that must have been at least $20,000. He then says, "how many of these can I take for this?"

I look at him, a little dumbfounded, and respond, "um, none of them. I'm not selling any right now."

So he starts counting them out one by one, like it's supposed to change my mind or impress me. At around $9000 he asks if that will take the AC/DC. I tell him that it won't, and he adds another $3,000 and asks if that can take the AC/DC and the Bride of Pinbot. Again, I say no and ask him if he's still interested in playing or if he just wants to buy.

I had a man in my business a few years back. Wanted to buy my AFM. I told him no. He said he needed it that day for a present for his wife on their anniversary. Claimed they both had played it and she liked that one.

I told him no, and that if he asked for help a couple months earlier, I would have helped him find one.

So he offers $8K, no. Then $10K, no. Then $15K, no. I told him I wasn't selling at a reasonable price. And I wouldn't sell him at an unreasonable one because I'd be taking advantage of him.

Of course he wasn't counting out hundred dollar bills. I never saw any money. I don't recall ever having seen him before either. I always wondered what kind of scam he was running ?

LTG : )

#61 6 years ago

Mrs. beelzeboob wanted to trade me beelzeboob for a leg leveler.

4 years later
    #73 2 years ago

Years ago I had a guy come in and wanted to trade me his machine for one of mine. He extolled how great it was and that he fine tuned it himself.

While I wasn't interested in his trade offer. I did ask him if his game worked. The fine tuning scared me.

He never really said. Hung his head down a little and left.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider LTG.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-weird-offers-have-you-received-for-your-pinball-machine?tu=LTG and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.