(Topic ID: 199467)

What weird offer's have you received for your Pinball Machine?

By Epistaxis

6 years ago

Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 74 posts
  • 53 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 2 years ago by pickleric
  • Topic is favorited by 4 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

925AF8F9-58A8-4420-9456-83889D636208 (resized).jpeg
    FullSizeRender (resized).jpg
    IMG_1331 (resized).JPG
    download (resized).jpg

There are 74 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.
    #51 6 years ago

My mind sometimes goes to other places. Pinball related sexual offers in Florida and Minnesota? Things I have learned in this thread so far - 1) I live in the wrong state. 2) Awe, its not really important 'cause I live in the wrong state.

#52 6 years ago

This fucking thing.

FullSizeRender (resized).jpgFullSizeRender (resized).jpg

#53 6 years ago
    Quoted from OLDPINGUY:

When I was 27, a mature lady, ill guess 40, came in to my retail store looking for a job.
    After some small talk on her experience, I returned with an employment application, that
    when I handed her it, she pulled my hand to her breasts, and commented on being a "professional"
    with many "perks" for the boss.
    While intrigued, I was scared shitless...she looked "used".
    I didnt offer her a job, but she noticed Mousin in the back, and offered a "hummer" for it.

Awesome story! lol

#54 6 years ago
    Quoted from Monte:

This fucking thing.

Head for a pin.

#55 6 years ago
    Quoted from jar155:

The offer was for cash, but the approach was super weird.
    I had this guy contact me for a while that he just wanted to come play my games. Our schedules weren't lining up, but finally it worked out and he came over. We played a few two player matches and during one of my balls on AC/DC, he reaches into his bag and pulls out a stack of $100 bills that must have been at least $20,000. He then says, "how many of these can I take for this?"

I had this sort of thing happen to me so often when the site first started tracking your collection that I still own "two" games today because of it.

People used to contact me and invite themselves over to play my machines. Which, I'm not really against, but the type of messages I got were things like, "Hey, I see all your games, I live in the area and want to play them, when are you free?" and that always made me feel uncomfortable. I'm not an arcade, and frankly since I have been running the Midwest Gaming Classic for ages, why don't you come meet me there and if you don't seem like a total crazy person, I'll happily invite you over.

I also used to have people get ANGRY with me when I had my games listed for not selling them. "Hey, I see all your games, and I want to buy _, how much is it?" When I would tell them they aren't for sale right now, more than a couple flipped out and said I was a vendor, and why wasn't their money good enough, and fu if you aren't going to sell to me, your business will go out of business you fool.

Eventually, I opted to own two machines and not say where I come from. That seems to not happen any more, but now I just enjoy how many people dismiss my opinions because I only own two games! This hobby can be funny

#56 6 years ago

a cow!

#57 6 years ago
    Quoted from goatdan:

I had this sort of thing happen to me so often when the site first started tracking your collection that I still own "two" games today because of it.
    People used to contact me and invite themselves over to play my machines. Which, I'm not really against, but the type of messages I got were things like, "Hey, I see all your games, I live in the area and want to play them, when are you free?" and that always made me feel uncomfortable. I'm not an arcade, and frankly since I have been running the Midwest Gaming Classic for ages, why don't you come meet me there and if you don't seem like a total crazy person, I'll happily invite you over.
    I also used to have people get ANGRY with me when I had my games listed for not selling them. "Hey, I see all your games, and I want to buy , how much is it?" When I would tell them they aren't for sale right now, more than a couple flipped out and said I was a vendor, and why wasn't their money good enough, and fu if you aren't going to sell to me, your business will go out of business you fool.
    Eventually, I opted to own two machines and not say where I come from. That seems to not happen any more, but now I just enjoy how many people dismiss my opinions because I only own two games! This hobby can be funny

Hey, can I come over and play your Viper Night Drivin'?

#58 6 years ago
    Quoted from WaddleJrJr:

Hey, can I come over and play your Viper Night Drivin'?

No, you did that wrong. It's supposed to be:

Quoted from WaddleJrJr:

Hey, I am coming over to play your Viper Night Drivin'.
    Is tonight at 5pm good for you? I need your address.

#59 6 years ago
    Quoted from goatdan:

Damn, my scumbag skills need some work

#60 6 years ago

Had a guy trade me a welder as partial payment. I didn't want it, but he bugged me long enough and dropped the value enough that I said WTF and took it. Still have it to this day and it comes in handy now and again.

And of course the typical assalottamus that wants to make payments on the machine, of course taking it home the same day.

#61 6 years ago

Mrs. beelzeboob wanted to trade me beelzeboob for a leg leveler.

LTG : )

#62 6 years ago
    Quoted from goatdan:

I'm coming over to play viper nigh..........wait a min. Do you have a better game I can play?

#63 6 years ago
    Quoted from CaptainNeo:

I'm coming over to play viper nigh..........wait a min. Do you have a better game I can play?

For you? I secretly own a SF2 that's not in my collection list

#64 6 years ago
    Quoted from Ericc123:

Homemade mead. He said that he'd bring me a keg full and that it would be perfect for my man cave.

UHHHH I would take this in a second. Mead is the shit. A Keg isnt worth much more than a couple hundred though max depending on ABV, etc.

Theres a guy on CL up here that has been trying to trade a huge inflatable clown head for a pin for YEARS. So annoying.

#65 6 years ago
    Quoted from LTG:

Mrs. beelzeboob wanted to trade me beelzeboob for a leg leveler.

I think you would be getting the short end of the stick if you made that trade

#66 6 years ago
    Quoted from goatdan:

I secretly own a SF2 that's not in my collection list.

If I owned SF2 I wouldn't list it either.

#67 6 years ago
    Quoted from pinballplusMN:

Many, Many years ago when I started selling pinballs we sold a Cyclone to a college gal and her roommate. It was for 1295.00 She put a 400 deposit on it. My buddy and I delivered it an evening a few days later. Anyways we had fun playing the game and having a few drinks with them, dancing etc. They were good looking and a lot of fun to be around. As we were getting ready to leave they said they would show us a good time and just forget the final balance due.

And...?

#68 6 years ago
    Quoted from goatdan:

For you? I secretly own a SF2 that's not in my collection list

i'll play VND thank you. Compared to SF2 VND is a perfectly made pinball machine.

5 months later
    #69 5 years ago

Nothing too weird. I did once received a cold call about my Fish Tales, which wasn't listed for sale. The guy basically said, "I here you have a nice Fish Tales. Is it for sale." I told him "no". He replied, "What if I tossed out a crazy number?" I said, "Go for it." He made and offer and my reply was, "When can you get here, I'll help you load it up."

PS: There is an offer on one of the Facebook sites offering a cat for a pinball machine. I guess it's some rare type of cat.

EDIT: Sorry, this came up in a search, I didn't see it was an old thread.

#70 5 years ago
    Quoted from lpeters82:

Nothing too weird. I did once received a cold call about my Fish Tales, which wasn't listed for sale. The guy basically said, "I here you have a nice Fish Tales. Is it for sale." I told him "no". He replied, "What if I tossed out a crazy number?" I said, "Go for it." He made and offer and my reply was, "When can you get here, I'll help you load it up."
    PS: There is an offer on one of the Facebook sites offering a cat for a pinball machine. I guess it's some rare type of cat.
    EDIT: Sorry, this came up in a search, I didn't see it was an old thread.

I like this thread. Good bump.

#71 5 years ago

Mudflaps offered to touch me “somewhere special” but he didn’t want anything for it.

925AF8F9-58A8-4420-9456-83889D636208 (resized).jpeg925AF8F9-58A8-4420-9456-83889D636208 (resized).jpeg

3 years later
    #72 2 years ago

Who or where is the guy with the clown head trade thing

Im looking at a couple pins and the guy wants everything except but my social security number due to gated community

I just want to buy a couple machines

#73 2 years ago

Years ago I had a guy come in and wanted to trade me his machine for one of mine. He extolled how great it was and that he fine tuned it himself.

While I wasn't interested in his trade offer. I did ask him if his game worked. The fine tuning scared me.

He never really said. Hung his head down a little and left.

#74 2 years ago

Craigslist: a snapon drill with a shot battery & a kids dirt bike.

There are 74 posts in this topic. You are on page 2 of 2.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-weird-offers-have-you-received-for-your-pinball-machine/page/2 and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.