Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 48 posts
  • 38 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 5 years ago by Spraynard
  • No one calls this topic a favorite

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

709942D8-2FA6-4F33-AD9A-CCA5DA41A2DA (resized).jpeg
    Resized_20170721_094257 (resized).jpg
    Resized_20170721_094301 (resized).jpg
    20180711_140651 (resized).jpg
    20180711_140617 (resized).jpg
    20180711_140400 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20180709_181010 (resized).jpg
    IMG_20180709_180102 (resized).jpg
    AB043960-C109-4324-8CED-8F56EE65A955 (resized).jpeg
    Pinball Burn Soldering Iron Big Game (resized).png
    #1 5 years ago

My Stargate playfield falling on my arm inspired me to make this thread.
    Feel free to add pictures if it happened recently.

#2 5 years ago

I kicked a cab so hard in the dark I ripped a toe-nail off

#3 5 years ago

Pics or it didn't happen.

A strained back from lifting those heavy machines is probably my worst.
    No big gashes for me.

#4 5 years ago

My pride.

Second worst, walking in the dark and took the Fish Tales shooter handle in the groin.

#5 5 years ago
    Quoted from Pinball-is-great:

Pics or it didn't happen.

Seriously....this thread is lacking big time.

#6 5 years ago

I had a play field with a soldering iron hanging from it fall. Can't imagine anyone would want to see what 650 degrees (for a second) landing on ones hand looks like. But I have a picture Interestingly it didn't really hurt until the next day! Have owned atleast 1 game since 1981 so don't consider myself a newbie with working on games. This happened 4 years ago.

Pinball Burn Soldering Iron Big Game (resized).pngPinball Burn Soldering Iron Big Game (resized).png
    #7 5 years ago
    Quoted from terrapinmark:

I had a play field with a soldering iron hanging from it fall. Can't imagine anyone would want to see what 650 degrees (for a split second) landing on ones hand looks like. But I have a picture Interestingly it didn't really hurt until the next day!

We all want to see it. You know....for research purposes...

#8 5 years ago

I have bad carpal tunnel and tendonitis and had my flipper finger lock during a game,it took me about a half hour to pry my finger back straight and keep it from locking again.

#9 5 years ago

35 stitches from slicing the underside of my forearm open when cutting a box to protect a game I was about to drive 3 hours to make a trade. I now have a huge scar. Everyone at the E/R asked me if I was trying to kill myself. I told them "I'll let you know, after I finish this trade" (it was a gorgeous CFTBL for a TH. Incredibly good trade on both sides, i loved both of those games). Made it to the guy's house only 30 minutes after I aimed for.

#10 5 years ago

our bank account lol

#11 5 years ago

I had just bought BSD and was carrying it down the apartment stairs with my son. He was lower down on the steps, but I lost my balance. Fortunately my son was able to stop the movement with his his leg exactly where his smartphone was in his pocket. The game survived, but the smartphone was totally trashed. Nobody was physically hurt, but the mental anguish was great then (I was totally frazzled) and remains for what might have happened if it wasn’t for the smartphone and my son’s quick reactions . I still think BSD is a biest and is heavier than other pins.

#12 5 years ago

Didn't hurt much but put a big hole in my savings account.

#13 5 years ago

the96stang post #10943 from the Northeast selling thread....not me but worth a mention here

I decided it was a good idea to drop space shuttle on my foot yesterday, nice thing is nothing on space shuttle broke. My foot wasnt as lucky. Looks like I may be out of work for while, and would rather not tap into my savings account if I do not have to, so Im going to tap on the pinball savings.

All games are working but could use a shop job and have small issues (Switches needing to be adjusted, ect) .
    Flash - 750 (some flaking in BG)
    Time Warp - 750 (Some flaking in BG)
    Viking - 1250 (worn playfield/ one side of cab faded)
    rack em up - 950 (playfield wear near pops, minor BG flaking in the faces. )

#14 5 years ago

Sore back , and catching big toe on pinball leg. Cuts, shocks .

#15 5 years ago
    AB043960-C109-4324-8CED-8F56EE65A955 (resized).jpegAB043960-C109-4324-8CED-8F56EE65A955 (resized).jpeg
    #16 5 years ago

Tried to shake a stuck ball loose on a MB by holding the siderails mid-machine. These rails were sharp as razors and both thumbs got gaping wounds. I guess Drac appreciated it.

#17 5 years ago
    Quoted from dri:

These rails were sharp as razors and both thumbs got gaping wounds.

Those sound not like original rails, but more like replacement rails like were installed on the remakes. I know, I had a pair on a machine and they were sharp as razors and cut one of my friends fingers. Nobody seems give a shit as long as the money keeps coming.

#18 5 years ago

I dented a coin door once

#19 5 years ago

Besides my two back surgeries (cervical fusion) from moving bingo heads around for 40 years, my worst injury was from lifting a game from my van with only my right arm. Suddenly it felt like a my arm was struck by a lightning bolt and hit with a sledge hammer at the same time. The most intense pain I have ever felt and I have passed two large kidney stones.
    Turns out I had torn a bicep tendon. In a cast for 2 months and an adjustable sling that looked like a bionic arm for another 4 months. I now have about 3/4 of the strength in that arm I had before the accident and I cannot fully grasp things with my right hand.

Surgical scar, arm brace and neck brace. Had to wear the neck brace 24 hours a day for 7 agonizing months. Fuckin' bingos!

20180711_140400 (resized).jpg20180711_140400 (resized).jpg20180711_140617 (resized).jpg20180711_140617 (resized).jpg20180711_140651 (resized).jpg20180711_140651 (resized).jpg
    #20 5 years ago
    IMG_20180709_180102 (resized).jpgIMG_20180709_180102 (resized).jpgIMG_20180709_181010 (resized).jpgIMG_20180709_181010 (resized).jpg
    #21 5 years ago

My fingers will sometimes get stuck under my stubborn DE lock bar and wow does it hurt.

#22 5 years ago

Now thats what Im talking about. All the other stories are rubbish lies unless there are pics. LIES I SAY!

#23 5 years ago

Does mental anguish and grief count? I’ve received dozens of minor scratches and cuts working inside games but nothing is worse than the gut punch you get when breaking a game and adding hours of bullshit to your life.

I’ll take blood over mental stress any day!

#24 5 years ago

I sliced my hand open on one of the ball guides on my TOTAN. It was bleeding profusely, but fortunately it did not require stitches.

#25 5 years ago
    Quoted from DennisDodel:

The most intense pain I have ever felt and I have passed two large kidney stones.
    Turns out I had torn a bicep tendon.

Tendon damage is a bitch! I haven't been bowling in three months waiting for my right elbow tendon to finish healing from the last time I was throwing fireballs down the alley.

#26 5 years ago
    Quoted from zacaj:

I kicked a cab so hard in the dark I ripped a toe-nail off

I did this the first day after moving my Black Knight into another room (hitting a leg rather than the cab though).

#27 5 years ago

Surprised nobody has mentioned Alien, TBL or Predator yet.

#28 5 years ago
    Quoted from dri:

Tried to shake a stuck ball loose on a MB by holding the siderails mid-machine. These rails were sharp as razors and both thumbs got gaping wounds. I guess Drac appreciated it.

I used a railroad track sanding block to file my MMR side rails as they were shipped knife sharp. I put some plastic down on the pf to catch the sanding block particles. It worked great. This was the product I used, just rubbed it backbox to coin door direction:

http://www.traintekllc.com/walthers-bright-boy-abrasive-track-cleaner/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI--bUwumX3AIVUgOGCh3xzQNtEAQYAyABEgKRt_D_BwE

#29 5 years ago
    Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

This thread is about real injuries, not just being butt hurt.

#30 5 years ago
    Quoted from o-din:

This thread is about real injuries, not just being butt hurt.

Losing upwards of $10k would hurt me much more than getting a burn, bruise or cut while working on a game.

#31 5 years ago

I hurt myself today,
    you see I have no game.
    The money that is gone,
    is the only thing that's real.

The pre-order tore a hole,
    the old familiar sting.
    Try to kill it all away,
    but I remember everything...

#32 5 years ago

Chronic “ shrinkage” from wheeling a Slugfest down twelve steps to the game room.

#33 5 years ago

Playfield on the head followed by a shock while lifting it off.

#34 5 years ago

Working on a No Fear. Can read up about it here. https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/pinball-injury-heard-of-such

Resized_20170721_094257 (resized).jpgResized_20170721_094257 (resized).jpgResized_20170721_094301 (resized).jpgResized_20170721_094301 (resized).jpg
    #35 5 years ago

Got an electric shock off the line filter in a Time Warp once when reaching into the cab for a dropped screw.

A proper 240v, not that 110v pussy voltage

#36 5 years ago
    Quoted from Andy_B:

Got an electric shock off the line filter in a Time Warp once when reaching into the cab for a dropped screw.
    A proper 240v, not that 110v pussy voltage

Hey its really 120v some people just call it 110v

#37 5 years ago

All in one day. Moved The Hobbit out of house, loaded into vehicle. Moved Wizard of Oz out of house. Moved The Hobbit in house, out of vehicle. loaded WOZ into vehicle. Moved WOZ in house, out of vehicle. It was a trade. MY ARMS WERE DEAD......for days.....painful

#38 5 years ago

Broke my thumb rescuing a game that was falling off a cart.

#39 5 years ago

I think you "win" when radiographs get taken.

Hoping my worst injury is not lingering inside somewhere. . . I wear gloves, mask, etc. where appropriate when working on machines but I am sure I touch/inhale more pinball dust/chemicals than I should.

#40 5 years ago
    Quoted from snakesnsparklers:

I was thinking Predator and the lawyer cost to go along with it but I was waiting for someone else to bring it up.

John

#41 5 years ago

Sore wrists

#42 5 years ago

Had a game tip to the side while I was doing something stupid, and as it gained momentum and just about to tip into another pin, I stuck my hand out instinctively in between to take the blow instead of the pin. I mean seriously, I’ll heal up, but cab damage is hard to fix! Had a deep purple bruise that lasted a month. But I’m happy to report that both pins are safe.

#43 5 years ago

Pulled a muscle in my back heaving Iron Maiden up a single step on my own. Required a few massages and chiropractic visits. Couldn't move any pins for a month.

The dumb thing is that I have a stair climbing dolly, but if I'm only taking a game down the steps, and not another back up, then I use just the appliance dolly. But, there was just one step up. In retrospect, I should have just laid the dolly down on the step and slid it flat along the ground, rather than heave to get it over the lip while upright.

#44 5 years ago
    Quoted from JoinTheCirqus:

I stuck my hand out instinctively in between to take the blow instead of the pin

The first time through, I read this as "stuck out my head". Now *that's* dedication!

#45 5 years ago

I dislocated my toe by catching it on one of the legs as I was walking to the other side of the machine trying to finish up a repair quickly. I now always wear shoes when working on my machines, and I slow down a little.

#46 5 years ago

Funny this thread would come up this week. I just had a raised BK playfield tip back over on my head a few days ago while I was looking at flipper switches. I passed out twice shortly thereafter and am still watching for concussion symptoms. Staples come out in a week or so. I can’t thank my friends enough for helping me out when it happened and getting me to the ER. It really was my own fault because I didn’t listen when the Black Knight said he was going to slay me.

709942D8-2FA6-4F33-AD9A-CCA5DA41A2DA (resized).jpeg709942D8-2FA6-4F33-AD9A-CCA5DA41A2DA (resized).jpeg
    #48 5 years ago

A couple years ago I was helping a friend carry a bsd off a trailer. As I was stepping down, the game slipped. Rather than just let it fall, I tried to catch it. While successful, it really tweaked my back. Felt fine a few minutes later. However, the next morning, I couldn’t move at all. Any movement was excruciating. The worst part is, I had a snowboarding trip scheduled in Telluride 3 days later. I ended up still going on the trip, but couldn’t ride at all for the first three days. On the last day, back finally felt good enough again to hit the slopes, thank goodness.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-was-your-worst-pinball-wound and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.