Topic Heartbeat

Topic Stats

• 87 posts
  • 69 Pinsiders participating
  • Latest reply 1 year ago by Dayhuff
  • Topic is favorited by 5 Pinsiders

You

Linked Games

No games have been linked to this topic.

Topic Gallery

View topic image gallery

baby (resized).png
    ef8c562680622402315d334802b89f5e59c326db (resized).jpg
    9E0E4DE8-4066-486E-BE00-7D2EA0C1289E (resized).jpeg
    IMG_0097 (resized).JPG
    PB050281 (resized).JPG
    PA030042 (resized).JPG

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jawjaw.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

#69 1 year ago

I never was emotional selling any game. I've had my fun with them and moving on. That said, Congo was a bit tough to let go mostly because I put a ton of work into it. Took me 9 months to work out all the different issues. It was also a game you rarely see so may never play one again. I put what I thought was a fair market value on it to sell and basically had zero interest in it for weeks. Thought I would at least get some low ball offers from locals but nope. Eventually sold close to asking price to someone out of state.

#72 1 year ago
    Quoted from pinmister:

I would think that it would be hard to let go of a game where someone put their blood, sweat and tears into it. The machine almost becomes your child. It seems like guys that do restoration work are ok letting go of machines as long as another project is lined up.
    I have found almost any game is replaceable, a few rare games may be the exception. One thing I have done in the past to help with the emotional aspect is to sell the game 'conditional'. Offer to sell-only if the buyer agrees to offer it back to the seller if they ever sell it(first right of refusal). This insurance helps with the emotional loss by reassuring the game could possibly come back at some time? I have had this offered to me multiple times now, and fortunately by the amount of time that passed I no longer had the desire for the machine(been there-done that). If anyone has difficulty letting go of games like myself-may try this approach.

These are just things. If you are thinking of pins as your children I would take a step back. While I enjoy owning pins, I would have no problems selling them all if needed. May need to in near future putting three kids through college. I can always buy other pins later or get into a different hobby.

You're currently viewing posts by Pinsider jawjaw.
    Click here to go back to viewing the entire thread.

Wanna join the discussion? Please sign in to reply to this topic.

Hey there! Welcome to Pinside!

Donate to Pinside

Great to see you're enjoying Pinside! Did you know Pinside is able to run without any 3rd-party banners or ads, thanks to the support from our visitors? Please consider a donation to Pinside and get anext to your username to show for it! Or better yet, subscribe to Pinside+!

This page was printed from https://pinside.com/pinball/forum/topic/what-was-your-hardest-pin-to-sell?tu=jawjaw and we tried optimising it for printing. Some page elements may have been deliberately hidden.

Scan the QR code on the left to jump to the URL this document was printed from.